PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Cold Pizza: "White Sox Win Again"

JoseCanseco6969
04-21-2005, 09:44 AM
I just happened to switch on to cold pizza a minute ago and that was the topic the guys were discussing. It was nice to see the national media kiss our ass and KW's for changing the whole makeup of this team and still hitting tons of homers even without the Big Hurt. They also said how dangerous we will be when he returns. Now, the one analyst, cant remember his name, said.."And they brought back "Crawford" who is producing." I'm assuming he meant Everett. And then proceeded to mispronounce Buehrle.

I guess we should cut them some slack since we are fairly new to this whole national media thing. Oh well, keep it up Sox...they'll have to learn your names one of these days!

Schmitz33
04-21-2005, 09:55 AM
The national media needs to get a clue. Ken Rothensal is a complete moron and now cold pizza cant pronounce a Cy Young Contender. Take a look at the combined recored of ESPN's top 3 highlights everynight.
NYY 6-9
Bos 9-6
Chc 8-7
23-22

Now Look at the Top 3 in the American Central

Sox 11-4
Twins 9-6
Indians 6-9
26-19

Enough Said!

mjharrison72
04-21-2005, 10:02 AM
I thought they were going to cancel Cold Pizza.

illinibk
04-21-2005, 11:07 AM
I thought they were going to cancel Cold Pizza.
They should. The show is a joke. Anything that has Skip Clueless has no credibility. They got rid of the only reasons to watch the show (Thea Andrews and Kit Hoover). And the new lady they brought in, while she knows her stuff, does not come near the asthetics of Andrews and Hoover. Now if the brought in Erin Andrews and Samantha Ryan, the show would be be ok to watch again.

Lip Man 1
04-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Illini says: "Now if the brought in Erin Andrews and Samantha Ryan, the show would be be ok to watch again."

Yea that's a great reason to watch a sports show! Why not hire Lisa Guerrero as well?

No wonder the media has gone to hell in a handbasket.

Lip

chaerulez
04-21-2005, 11:56 AM
Forget about Cold Pizza being a joke, the entire ESPN network has become a joke.

Acid
04-21-2005, 01:46 PM
I have to agree with you on ESPN becoming awful, There coverage in never balanced and all ther on air personalities jus spew forth a company line. Over the Gary Sheffield problem at Fenway a few days ago (they went on and on about how great security was and that Sheff was soo good) to how they lick the yankees and BoSox everynight. I remember growing up on sportscenter like it was my window into teh world, how sad they have become.

SABRSox
04-21-2005, 01:55 PM
Forget about Cold Pizza being a joke, the entire ESPN network has become a joke.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2708

If only there was content to go along with their slick production values...

SOXSINCE'70
04-21-2005, 01:59 PM

Did you know.........

That the "A" in Stephen A. Smith stands for arrogance??:roflmao: :roflmao:

kevingrt
04-21-2005, 03:18 PM
I just happened to switch on to cold pizza a minute ago and that was the topic the guys were discussing. It was nice to see the national media kiss our ass and KW's for changing the whole makeup of this team and still hitting tons of homers even without the Big Hurt. They also said how dangerous we will be when he returns. Now, the one analyst, cant remember his name, said.."And they brought back "Crawford" who is producing." I'm assuming he meant Everett. And then proceeded to mispronounce Buehrle.

I guess we should cut them some slack since we are fairly new to this whole national media thing. Oh well, keep it up Sox...they'll have to learn your names one of these days!

Cold Pizza is perhaps the most kiss ass show ever in the history of sports. A lot of times it is very funny to watch.

mrfourni
04-21-2005, 03:44 PM
As any Illini fan knows, Cold Pizza might be the worst show on television. Ever since Skip Bayless got run out of Chicago, he's had it out for the entire state of Illinois. Just wait till the sox remain hot, and skippy starts ignoring logic all together and just starts throwing out BS.

Helpful Hint: Stay away from Cold Pizza

illinibk
04-21-2005, 03:59 PM
I have to agree with you on ESPN becoming awful, There coverage in never balanced and all ther on air personalities jus spew forth a company line.
That is very true, and quite tiring. The only ESPN personality worth watching anymore is Scott Van Pelt. He at least has some talent and is quite good. While he does spit out the company line, he is head and shoulders above the rest of the staff.

Just wait till the sox remain hot, and skippy starts ignoring logic all together and just starts throwing out BS.
How is that any different than any other day on Cold Pizza?

I want Mags back
04-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Did you know.........

That the "A" in Stephen A. Smith stands for arrogance??:roflmao: :roflmao:

Whats with the teal. He is such an *******

Tekijawa
04-21-2005, 04:22 PM
That the "A" in Stephen A. Smith stands for arrogance??

He belongs to the school of thought that the louder you are the more you know about the subject... I don't think any of that Guys predictions have ever been right...

shoota
04-21-2005, 07:02 PM
He belongs to the school of thought that the louder you are the more you know about the subject... I don't think any of that Guys predictions have ever been right...

And he puts up this tough guy attitude. He never smiles. Furrows his eyebrows. Has an arrogant, I don't care shoulder shrug. And like you said about being loud, he bullies over other people by interrupting their point.

SoxSpeed22
04-21-2005, 07:23 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2708

If only there was content to go along with their slick production values...Good idea, but I'd put the BloSox ahead of the Yankmees and maybe put the Twins as the "N". They deserve all the attention for being so great.

KarkoFan1
04-21-2005, 08:02 PM
That is very true, and quite tiring. The only ESPN personality worth watching anymore is Scott Van Pelt. He at least has some talent and is quite good. While he does spit out the company line, he is head and shoulders above the rest of the staff.

Hey what about Mike Hall the Dreamjob winner. He is from the Chicago area and plus he is a huge White Sox fan.

skobabe8
04-21-2005, 08:02 PM

Him and Neil Everett are the only guys I enjoy watching. Even Dan Patrick has gone downhill.

zach074
04-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Someone besides us believes in this team? How amazing!

Chisox003
04-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Good idea, but I'd put the BloSox ahead of the Yankmees and maybe put the Twins as the "N". They deserve all the attention for being so great.

No, the Mets would have to be the N

That would define ESPN just in its letters: Yankmees, Sawx, Mets and Flubbers

:chunks

Wanne
04-22-2005, 01:31 AM

AMEN to that! I can't even sit through half a Sportscenter anymore. They spend the first 15 minutes on Yankees and Red Sox...then do waaaay to many previews of whats coming up...then they recap for 5 minutes after the first half hour...of what the first half hour was. All that on top of these friggin anchors who think they're comedians. The last time I watched it...I just felt like a wasted an hour of my life.

I can't watch Sportscenter, Baseball Tonight or the NBA show anymore. They should just switch the call letter to NESPN...New England Sports Network.

Mohoney
04-22-2005, 06:41 AM
Your ESPN tag needs an ACC logo and a Patriots logo in it as well.

seanpmurphy
04-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Last season ESPN ran a huge segment in March on what a threat in the AL Central the Kansas City Royals were going to be, and how they used some new training to help their hitter's vision with tennis balls coming at them at 140 mph.

Threat? 58-104 is not a threat by any means. And like Jon Kruk said "If this crap is for real, their entire lineup will be batting .400" Obviously the geniuses at ESPN screwed up big on this one.

Also in reference to the comment about the anchors being comedians....I could do without the "witty" snips everytime A-Rod/Manny hits a homerun, or Shaquille O'Neal dunks a ball.

I want Mags back
04-22-2005, 04:54 PM
Your ESPN tag needs an ACC logo and a Patriots logo in it as well.

and lakers

fincher
04-22-2005, 10:25 PM
ESPN is taking note of the hot start. Tonight it was the second item after the NFL Draft. Cold Pizza is indeed fluff, so why watch it at all?

Skip Bayless stinks, period. He might have left Chicago because he will never be bigger than his brother, the famous chef, Rick Bayless. Skip is even worse on TV than in print. Good riddance.

There is a definite ACC bias at ESPN but I would include just about all the media. As for the Pats...the bias is justified given the titles.

Look at this way, the White Sox just might be the new darlings on Baseball Tonight. The Cubs having gotten so much attention these past few years that White Sox are a breath of fresh air.

soxfanforlife28
04-23-2005, 12:36 AM

I guess we should cut them some slack since we are fairly new to this whole national media thing. Oh well, keep it up Sox...they'll have to learn your names one of these days!We dont need media. Keep it clueless as possible. I cant stand espn. Never show the true stat of the sox and always on the up and up. Just show your support and laugh in the faces of those who dont, especially the denailable flub fans!

Tragg
04-23-2005, 01:57 AM
Later on Cold Pizza, Clueless himself, ranted on and on about how Ozzie is jealous of magglio (they come from the same country - something to do with that) and how his sources in Chicago (Moronoitt? The journalist who writes game stories on games in which he left in the 6th inning) say the Sox are getting tired of Ozzie running his mouth.