PDA

View Full Version : C.C. Sabathia Predicts..

tlebar318
04-21-2005, 10:37 AM
yesterday on Jim Rome's show he predicted that the Indians would win the division and spoke of his hatred of the Twins with barely a mention of the Sox..on a related note--Ozzie is supposed to be on Rome's radio show today--I can hear it live here in Orlando--Is his show still on in Chicago?

BRDSR
04-21-2005, 10:42 AM
yesterday on Jim Rome's show he predicted that the Indians would win the division and spoke of his hatred of the Twins with barely a mention of the Sox..on a related note--Ozzie is supposed to be on Rome's radio show today--I can hear it live here in Orlando--Is his show still on in Chicago?

No. Luckily Chicagoans ran it off the radio. Those of you in Orlando should try to do the same.

JoseCanseco6969
04-21-2005, 10:49 AM

Damn, it seems Rome has really taken a liking for all things WHITE Sox for a change. Dye, AJ, and now Ozzie in the same week i believe.

chaz171
04-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Jim Rohm is in the same Journalistic brackets as Mariotti, JT the Brick and Mike North.

I for one am glad that two of these four are gone...

Now if we can only figure out a way to run the other two out....

Schmitz33
04-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Rome is one of the most well informed radio personalities out there. He may have a unique way of expressing himself BUT DO NOT put him in the same category as Mariotti. That guy is just a moron.

NonetheLoaiza
04-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Rome is one of the most well informed radio personalities out there. He may have a unique way of expressing himself BUT DO NOT put him in the same category as Mariotti. That guy is just a moron.

Is that supposed to be in teal? Rome is pretty uninformed about most things he talks about if you ask me.

Kogs35
04-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Is that supposed to be in teal? Rome is pretty uninformed about most things he talks about if you ask me.

his whole show is scripted

owensmouth
04-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Is that supposed to be in teal? Rome is pretty uninformed about most things he talks about if you ask me.On the other hand, if he keeps interviewing White Sox personnel, he just may become informed...

Maximo
04-21-2005, 12:30 PM
his whole show is scripted

Does that include the ten seconds of "dead air" that usually follows each one of his statements?

dcb33
04-21-2005, 12:35 PM

Did C.C. make a prediction on when he'll start wearing his hat straight?

Lip Man 1
04-21-2005, 12:40 PM
According to Brooks Boyer the Jim Rome show is carried on the Sox flagship station. I'm assuming that's ESPN Radio 1000. Brooks was commenting on Rome's comments about 'Dog Day' to me.

Lip

ChiSox14305635
04-21-2005, 12:44 PM
According to Brooks Boyer the Jim Rome show is carried on the Sox flagship station. I'm assuming that's ESPN Radio 1000. Brooks was commenting on Rome's comments about 'Dog Day' to me.

Lip

His show is carried at night in Chicago that starts at either 10:00 or 1:00 in the morning.

wdelaney72
04-21-2005, 01:16 PM
I liked Rome's show. I'll take local programming instead, but I think he's WAY better than the other syndicated idiots (M&M, Dan Patrick...)

doublem23
04-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Does that include the ten seconds of "dead air" that usually follows each one of his statements?

Yeah... there's no way you could script that. :rolleyes:

SoxxoS
04-21-2005, 01:39 PM
He did say something funny the other day I just happened to hear him...

"We don't need every local news station covering when these morons drop their tax returns off at the post office at the last moment. We get it. We also don't need to know that the Wednesday before Thanksgiving is a busy travel day and the day after Thanksgiving is a busy shopping day."

Brian26
04-21-2005, 01:39 PM
I predict CC will continue to dress like a 400-lb rodeo clown and go 10-12 on the season.

tlebar318
04-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Did C.C. make a prediction on when he'll start wearing his hat straight?

Actually they did talk about the stupid way he wears his hat. He said he started doing it in high school to tick off his coach and since he was successful wearing his hat that way he still does it for "luck" when he is pitching---Looks ridiculous to me but just one man's opinion....

ExpoPuddingHead
04-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Have you noticed the only guys trash talking in the AL central are 250+ pound guys, whose teams are looking pretty overrated. Dmitri Young and CC should take a look at the standings.

Shammy Hater
04-21-2005, 05:10 PM
i for one am a big rome fan and i couldn't give two ****s about cookie cookie sabathia. i think when the sox take on the tribe next time all the fielders should come out with their hats tilted while we put 10 runs on the board against cookie cookie or kevin milwood. that would be hilarious, and would probably start a brawl.

Mark Buehrle
04-21-2005, 10:39 PM
I LOVE Jim Rome!! He's the best sports voice around in my opinion. I look forward to hearing the Ozzie interview, and the Jim Rome show is still aired at night on ESPN Radio 1000, although it's a recording.

soxwon
04-21-2005, 10:50 PM
who cares what Cold Cut Sabathia thinks?

or is it Crispy Cream Sabathia LOL?

PAPChiSox729
04-22-2005, 05:15 PM
This is C.C. Sabathia. Who cares what he thinks? All that he should care about is pitching. The Sox are in first right now. Let the season play itself out. Sheesh.