PDA

View Full Version : Sox vs. Twins - Double Plays

itsnotrequired
04-21-2005, 09:22 AM
As of today, the Sox have turned an AL-best 15 double plays while the Twins have turned an AL-worst 4 double plays. In terms of batting, the Sox have hit into an AL-best 6 double plays while the Twins have hit into an AL-worst 19 double plays. Interesting that the teams are the best/worst on both sides of the game.

Hitting into all those double plays has done wonders for the Twins; THIRTY-ONE baserunners stranded in the last THREE games!:o:

Schmitz33
04-21-2005, 10:11 AM
At some point the Sox are gonna start hitting into them and everything will equal out. the stat Im more worried about is the low Batting Average that most of the Sox are carrying

SSN721
04-21-2005, 10:24 AM
The BAs will average out over time as well I am not too worried about anyone yet because of their BA.

BaseballTonyght
04-21-2005, 10:44 AM
As of today, the Sox have turned an AL-best 15 double plays while the Twins have turned an AL-worst 4 double plays.

Not sure where you got that info. The Sox are best in the AL with 18 DP turned and the Twins are 5th in the AL with 14 DP turned. As much as I'd love to knock the Twins... they are very solid defensively and deserve their credit here.

itsnotrequired
04-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Not sure where you got that info. The Sox are best in the AL with 18 DP turned and the Twins are 5th in the AL with 14 DP turned. As much as I'd love to knock the Twins... they are very solid defensively and deserve their credit here.

I was looking at player totals on SI.com. They list no Twin player having been involved in more than 6 double plays. How did they turn 14 double plays? Maybe I'm reading something wrong.

Where did you get your numbers from?

Edit: Nevermind, I saw the numbers at mlb.com. Still, what's up with the SI numbers?