PDA

View Full Version : Jannero Pargo is a SOX fan!!!

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2005, 12:42 AM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jannero_pargo/bio.html

Favorite non-NBA professional sports teams are the Chicago Bears, Blackhawks and White Sox

While listening to the Bulls game tonight after the completion of the Sox game, I heard Pargo was from the south side of Chicago, so I chose to take a look at his bio. He's from Chicago's SOUTH SIDE, so I though he might be a SOX fan...And lo and behold, he IS!!!

Perhaps he should throw out the opening pitch at a SOX game this summer!!!

SOX ADDICT '73
04-21-2005, 12:46 AM
Except that the ball might go sailing into the seats!

TDog
04-21-2005, 01:16 AM

While listening to the Bulls game tonight after the completion of the Sox game, I heard Pargo was from the south side of Chicago, so I chose to take a look at his bio. He's from Chicago's SOUTH SIDE, so I though he might be a SOX fan...And lo and behold, he IS!!!

Next time try impressing me with someone I've heard of.

VivaOzzie
04-21-2005, 01:22 AM
Actually, that is pretty damn sweet. Its probably one hell of a thrill for him to be playing for the Bulls, and he showed it tonite. Somewhere around 17 points?? Given it was during garbage time (or a garbage game), but Indiana did have their starters in for most of the game, till the end. He did biff that ball out of bounds off of Reggie's foot, but he was just hustling his ass off, cant blame him. Glad to have one more guy on our side, happy to be playing in the Chi!! :bandance:

StockdaleForVeep
04-21-2005, 02:05 AM
Hey a hawk fan, we're not dead yet folks

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/sports/fleury_theoren1210.jpg
"Hey, with no hockey, all i gots left is drinkin"

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2005, 02:20 AM
Hey a hawk fan, we're not dead yet folks

No we're not. And the Hawks happen to be my favorite sports team overall. :)

I think the Sox will win a World Series way before we see a Stanley Cup in this town tho.

StockdaleForVeep
04-21-2005, 02:21 AM

I think the Sox will win a World Series way before we see a Stanley Cup in this town tho.

Well currently canadian minor leagues are tryin to get the right to play for the stanley cup, if the ahl could weasle its way in, we could see a wolves stanley cup

CHISOXFAN13
04-21-2005, 10:25 AM

Must not be a Bulls fan. Pretty solid effort last night leading the reserves in the fourth.

TDog
04-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Must not be a Bulls fan. Pretty solid effort last night leading the reserves in the fourth.

If it's not baseball, it's not worth paying attention to.

Sportswise, that is. I do know who Benjamin Disraeli was.

CHISOXFAN13
04-21-2005, 10:46 AM

Why comment on it then? Some of us find it interesting that a current Bull and CPS product is a Sox fan.

TDog
04-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Why comment on it then? Some of us find it interesting that a current Bull and CPS product is a Sox fan.

Actually, I found it quite irritating when I got home early from work Tuesday night to catch this site's chat to find out what was going on in the 9th as the Sox were trying to close out the Twins and everyone was chatting about a basketball game.

dcb33
04-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Except that the ball might go sailing into the seats!

...unless he's on a hot streak.

Tekijawa
04-21-2005, 11:04 AM

If he threw out the first pitch it would be the first time that I've seen that guy throw a ball to someone else, that Might be nice?

ChiSoxRowand
04-21-2005, 11:08 AM

That's awesome! Anybody know what high school he went to?

StockdaleForVeep
04-21-2005, 12:24 PM

HA!

Brian26
04-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Who?

I want Mags back
04-21-2005, 04:33 PM

I dont know about that. When we get this hard cap, players will rather play in Chicago,a town in the north that at one time loved hockey(hope that happens again), then Phoenix, Nashville, Tampa, etc.

I want Mags back
04-21-2005, 04:39 PM

Robeson

From Bulls Site

Position: Guard | Height/Weight: 6-1/175
Years Pro: 2 | Born: September 22, 1979 in Chicago, Ill.
College: Arkansas ’02
High School: Robeson (Chicago, Ill.)

South Side
04-21-2005, 06:00 PM

Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, and Chris Duhon threw out the first pitch(es) last year. I was there.

mealfred13
04-21-2005, 06:30 PM
Actually, I found it quite irritating when I got home early from work Tuesday night to catch this site's chat to find out what was going on in the 9th as the Sox were trying to close out the Twins and everyone was chatting about a basketball game.

I don't recall the chat being advertized as a play-by-play room. While it's true there is often play-by-play going in the chat room, there are plenty of websites (mlb.com, espn.com, sporsline.com....etc.) that offer PBP coverage.

If you were so annoyed by the Bulls chat, then why do you come into a thread about a bulls player just to take jabs at them because they don't interest you? And by the way, I do know who Benjamin Disraeli was.

BigEdWalsh
04-21-2005, 07:12 PM

Quinn the Eskimo? :unsure:

mealfred13
04-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Quinn the Eskimo? :unsure:

When he gets here, everybody's gonna jump for joy, that's for sure.

SluggersAway
04-21-2005, 08:01 PM
But, the question is, did you know who Benjamin Disraeli was before The Family Guy?

tacosalbarojas
04-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Robeson...holla....His little bro Jeremy just graduated from Robeson this year and is headed to play at Gonzaga next year.

Epark84
04-22-2005, 01:53 AM

they might win a world series before the hawks take the ice again

TDog
04-22-2005, 02:56 AM
But, the question is, did you know who Benjamin Disraeli was before The Family Guy?

The Disraeli comment was for Stockdale's benefit. I don't have television, so I've never seen The Family Guy. As I don't have television, I can't watch White Sox baseball. If I lived within 200 miles of the Cell, I would go to 20-25 games a year. I am surrounded by Cubs fans at work, and I enjoy going to the chat room during games because people react to the game action quicker than Web sites can post play-by-play, and it's as close as I can get to being surrounded by Sox fans. I've been going to the chat since 2003, and with the exception of a couple of trolls, everyone has been great.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about this, but Tuesday night I found it annoying to get basketball play-by-play instead of people discussing the Sox game. People update from time to time with updates from other sports, but The Sox game was being ignored. When I asked what the score of the game was (at a time when the ESPN site was frozen) people responded with comments about somebody named Stiles. I wouldn't have commented on it except that for the impulse I felt when seeing this thread.

It really isn't a big deal, but didn't expect to go to a WSI to see the White Sox being ignored.