PDA

View Full Version : Timo Perez speaking Japenese

bals28mjk
04-21-2005, 12:02 AM
Does anyone know how or why Timo Perez can speak Japenese?

voodoochile
04-21-2005, 12:03 AM
I'm guessing that he learned the language...:D:

owensmouth
04-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Does anyone know how or why Timo Perez can speak Japenese?He played in Japan for several years

mealfred13
04-21-2005, 12:08 AM
Haha, that's awesome. The only thing cooler than Timo Perez is Timo Perez speaking Japanese.

NSSoxFan
04-21-2005, 12:09 AM
He played in Japan for several years

Yup, for the Hiroshima Carps.

Nellie_Fox
04-21-2005, 12:19 AM
Does anyone know how or why Timo Perez can speak Japenese?The country is Japan, the language is Japanese.

soxfanreggie
04-21-2005, 12:43 AM
I think it's great that he can talk to Shingo and Tadahito in their native language. Gotta be a big help to clubhouse chemistry!

GO SOX! Made my first game last night vs. the Twins (my roommate is a twins fan, so it was great to SWEEP them). I'm sick of Twins fans saying "i don't care if we lost the series, we'll still win the division". We're a different Sox team and they're a different Twins team than the past 3 years! It's OUR time!

MeanFish
04-21-2005, 01:05 AM
I think it's great that he can talk to Shingo and Tadahito in their native language. Gotta be a big help to clubhouse chemistry!

GO SOX! Made my first game last night vs. the Twins (my roommate is a twins fan, so it was great to SWEEP them). I'm sick of Twins fans saying "i don't care if we lost the series, we'll still win the division". We're a different Sox team and they're a different Twins team than the past 3 years! It's OUR time!

He's also from the same town as Juan Uribe. I wonder if that helps things at all? Seriously, when it comes to this team Timo is Mr. Intangible.

kittle42
04-21-2005, 01:11 AM
This is my favorite thread ever.

1. Someone wondering how another human being not from Japan can possibly speak Japanese.

2. Someone getting called out for spelling Japanese wrong.

I love it!

Nellie_Fox
04-21-2005, 01:23 AM
This is my favorite thread ever.

1. Someone wondering how another human being not from Japan can possibly speak Japanese.

2. Someone getting called out for spelling Japanese wrong.

I love it!It is once again the time of year when I am grading term papers. I have had it up to here with bad spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.

BRDSR
04-21-2005, 01:27 AM
It is once again the time of year when I am grading term papers. I have had it up to here with bad spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.

Good thing you're not grading my paper.

BTW, I have one due tomorrow morning. Do you want to edit it for me? PM me! Thanks!

hose
04-21-2005, 07:23 AM
DJ was speaking Japanese on George Ofman's show on the Score last Sunday.

I think George asked him to order a Coca-Cola in Japanese.

:DJ
"ain't no big thing"

ND_Sox_Fan
04-21-2005, 08:10 AM
Yup, for the Hiroshima Carps.

So he played for a team with a mascot that is a bottom feeder. Maybe they should rename the Cubs, and they wouldn't even have to change the logo.

Irishsox1
04-21-2005, 08:19 AM
It is once again the time of year when I am grading term papers. I have had it up to here with bad spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.

The grammer police is on the scene. There is nothing to see here...move along.

davenicholson
04-21-2005, 09:03 AM
The grammer police is on the scene. There is nothing to see here...move along.

Oh man...

If my grammer saw that post, she'd role over in her grave.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-21-2005, 09:52 AM

You should have gone a little easier on the first time poster.

After all, he's probably a Sox fan.

ewokpelts
04-21-2005, 10:38 AM
Does anyone know how or why Timo Perez can speak Japenese? how? by using his mouth...
why? maybe, just maybe, it's because there are two guys that are FROM JAPAN on the team....

Gene

Schmitz33
04-21-2005, 10:44 AM
how? by using his mouth...
why? maybe, just maybe, it's because there are two guys that are FROM JAPAN on the team....

Gene

Timo played in Japan for something like 4 years before he started playing with the mets.

Maximo
04-21-2005, 10:47 AM
Ozuna, Willie Harris, and Gload might want to learn a little of it, too. Just so they'll be on a level playing field with Timo when the decision has to be made to let somebody go when Frank returns.

DaleJRFan
04-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Ozuna, Willie Harris, and Gload might want to learn a little of it, too. Just so they'll be on a level playing field with Timo when the decision has to be made to let somebody go when Frank returns.

COTTS!

chaz171
04-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Hey that's nothing.... I can speak canadian,,, and I've never even been to Canadia Before....
eh?

Kadafi311
04-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Haha, that's awesome. The only thing cooler than Timo Perez is Timo Perez speaking Japanese.

:roflmao:

That's about the funniest thing I've heard all day, and I couldn't agree more :D:

Knockoutinthepar
04-21-2005, 05:34 PM
bals28mjk's next post:

"Hey, does anyone know how a black guy like Hernandez learned to speak Mexican?"

SpammySosa
04-21-2005, 08:46 PM

Speaking of punctuation errors....:cool:

jortafan
04-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Just wondering, is Timo's Japanese about as good as Ozzie's English?

(And for the record, I don't have too much trouble understanding Ozzie's Ingles.

MeanFish
04-21-2005, 09:47 PM
COTTS!

Do you propose we use Frank in middle relief then?

batmanZoSo
04-21-2005, 09:51 PM
What happened to Timo_Perez? In the PTC, all he'd put is Timonel.

TimoPerez
04-21-2005, 10:49 PM
What happened to Timo_Perez? In the PTC, all he'd put is Timonel.

Hello!:cool:

I have been pretty busy lately, but I can assure you that I will once again make my daily Pick To Click choice of "Timoniel Pérez!"

Timo played in Japan for four years with the Hiroshima Carp. The first time he ever came to America was in March of 2000. By March of 2001 he was fluent in English. I remember reading something with him that said that he found it so easy to learn Japanese and English besides his native Spanish that he said he would consider learning another language. He said, "Maybe Chinese." Supposedly he is one of the funniest people you will ever meet. After game 4 of the 2000 NLCS he supposedly gave interviews in English, Spanish, and Japanese, and had the reporters "doubled over with laughter" in all three languages.

He lives very close to Juan Uribe in the Dominican Republic. Timo referred to Uribe as, "my boy."

Just a few reasons why he is my favorite.

soxwon
04-21-2005, 11:06 PM
Does anyone know how or why Timo Perez can speak Japenese?

welcome to the nut house Bals

tacosalbarojas
04-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Just wondering, is Timo's Japanese about as good as Ozzie's English?

(And for the record, I don't have too much trouble understanding Ozzie's Ingles.
No se nada de eso, pero el jaopones de Timo es mejor que mi japones - Osvaldo Guillen.

tacosalbarojas
04-21-2005, 11:13 PM
bals28mjk's next post:

"Hey, does anyone know how a black guy like Hernandez learned to speak Mexican?"
Learned it from that other Black guy who can speak Mexican, Contreras, obviously.

mealfred13
04-21-2005, 11:20 PM

I have been pretty busy lately, but I can assure you that I will once again make my daily Pick To Click choice of "Timoniel Pérez!"

Timo played in Japan for four years with the Hiroshima Carp. The first time he ever came to America was in March of 2000. By March of 2001 he was fluent in English. I remember reading something with him that said that he found it so easy to learn Japanese and English besides his native Spanish that he said he would consider learning another language. He said, "Maybe Chinese." Supposedly he is one of the funniest people you will ever meet. After game 4 of the 2000 NLCS he supposedly gave interviews in English, Spanish, and Japanese, and had the reporters "doubled over with laughter" in all three languages.

He lives very close to Juan Uribe in the Dominican Republic. Timo referred to Uribe as, "my boy."

See, I told you guys Timo is cool. And now that we know he speaks english well too, he just got kicked up another notch. And he's funny to boot. You can tell just from the way he plays.:)

bals28mjk
04-21-2005, 11:57 PM
Haha whoa I didn't know you guys were big on spelling, but don't worry I will make sure to spell check all my new threads that I post. There's really no excuse for me spelling "Japan" wrong, what are you going to do? Anyway, thanks for all of your in-depth info, it's well appreciated. I know my sweet post last time had a nice first impression on you guys, but hey, I'm glad to see you take your posts seriously.

Yours Truly,
Bals

ode to veeck
04-21-2005, 11:57 PM
the way this thread is going, its headed for the outhouse quick

Timo no nihongo wa jyozu desunee!

Nellie_Fox
04-22-2005, 12:09 AM
Speaking of punctuation errors....:cool:Whether or not to use a comma after the last item in a list before the "and" is an unsettled issue, and depends on which style manual you consult. Some say you should, some say you should not.

I'm guessing that's what you were referring to?

FarWestChicago
04-22-2005, 12:54 AM
Whether or not to use a comma after the last item in a list before the "and" is an unsettled issue, and depends on which style manual you consult. Some say you should, some say you should not.

I'm guessing that's what you were referring to?I leave it off. Personal choice. :D:

ode to veeck
04-22-2005, 12:57 AM
Some say you should, some say you should not.

I think Turabian says you can do either, if I remember correctly. I tend to leave it off myself. What does Timo do?

FarWestChicago
04-22-2005, 12:59 AM
I think Turabian says you can do either, if I remember correctly. I tend to leave it off myself. What does Timo do?You're an engineer. It's amazing you even know there is a choice. :D:

Nellie_Fox
04-22-2005, 01:09 AM
I leave it off. Personal choice. :D:I know you're not likely to believe this, but I almost always leave it off, and decided to put it in this time, given the nature of my post, just to see if someone would think they had nailed me.

FarWestChicago
04-22-2005, 01:14 AM
I know you're not likely to believe this, but I almost always leave it off, and decided to put it in this time, given the nature of my post, just to see if someone would think they had nailed me.LOL, not satisfied toying with the illiterate. You just had to tease the semi-literate. Ahhh, it's good for the young'uns, whether they like it or not. :D:

mealfred13
04-22-2005, 01:30 AM
I think Turabian says you can do either, if I remember correctly. I tend to leave it off myself. What does Timo do?

You just gave me a new idea that will sweep the nation!

WWTD Bracelets....oh yes, I can see the $$ rolling in already. Better call Scott Boras; I need representation!

owensmouth
04-22-2005, 02:57 AM
What happened to Timo_Perez? In the PTC, all he'd put is Timonel.Cotts hasn't hit any home runs this year.

Magglios_Girl
04-22-2005, 07:30 AM

WWTD Bracelets....oh yes, I can see the $$ rolling in already. Better call Scott Boras; I need representation!

LOL!!! :rolling:

owensmouth
04-22-2005, 10:24 AM
bals28mjk's next post:

"Hey, does anyone know how a black guy like Hernandez learned to speak Mexican?"Call the White Sox and ask Minnie...

TimoPerez
04-24-2005, 02:49 PM

I would have to buy one of those.

Jeremy
04-25-2005, 03:53 AM

Does anyone else think that this may really be Timo Perez? He seems to know a lot about him(self?)

mealfred13
04-25-2005, 05:12 AM
Does anyone else think that this may really be Timo Perez? He seems to know a lot about him(self?)

That would be pretty kick-ass!

mrfourni
04-25-2005, 12:22 PM
He did say that he has been busy lately. That does coincide with the beginning of baseball season:?:

TimoPerez
04-25-2005, 05:20 PM
He did say that he has been busy lately. That does coincide with the beginning of baseball season:?:

Unfortunately, it also coincides with various term papers and such.

I have spoken to you guys during games, too...I know we have made the joke in chat that I need to get back to the field or that I run very quickly to a computer between pitches, but that just isn't likely.:tongue:

DSpivack
04-25-2005, 05:29 PM
This year I couldn't think of a good team name for fantasy baseball, so I just picked Pale Hose.

This thread reminded me of the name I chose last year...Call Him Timoniel. I should have used that name again.

SoxFan76
04-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Unfortunately, it also coincides with various term papers and such.

I have spoken to you guys during games, too...I know we have made the joke in chat that I need to get back to the field or that I run very quickly to a computer between pitches, but that just isn't likely.:tongue:

:D:...that joke never gets old. "Hey Timo, nice play" lol

TimoPerez
04-25-2005, 05:44 PM
This year I couldn't think of a good team name for fantasy baseball, so I just picked Pale Hose.

This thread reminded me of the name I chose last year...Call Him Timoniel. I should have used that name again.

I like that...even though Timo said to call him Timo because nobody pronounced Timoniel correctly.

TimoPerez
04-25-2005, 05:45 PM
:D:...that joke never gets old. "Hey Timo, nice play" lol

Haha. Thank you!:D: