PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Williams Nickname

Fake Chet Lemon
04-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Kenny Williams deserves a cool nickname. This guy had all of baseball laughing at him two months ago. They laughed at a GM who launched tons of power off his roster when his team played in a bandbox. They laughed at his manager. Look who is laughing NOW. This guy needs a cool nickname, after all he gave us "Under the Radar." He was like a "mad scientist" this off season, a "gambler", a .......help me!

nodiggity59
04-20-2005, 08:58 PM
I've always like KW or KDub.....kind of a GM version of ARod.

Minus the huge salary, of course.

:knue

"Bingo!"

batmanZoSo
04-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Kenny Williams deserves a cool nickname. This guy had all of baseball laughing at him two months ago. They laughed at a GM who launched tons of power off his roster when his team played in a bandbox. They laughed at his manager. Look who is laughing NOW. This guy needs a cool nickname, after all he gave us "Under the Radar." He was like a "mad scientist" this off season, a "gambler", a .......help me!

I vote for Howard the Duck, based on the uncanny resemblance.

http://www.zxsoftware.co.uk/H/Covers/Howard%20the%20Duck%20-%20Alternative.jpg :KW "I see a faint resemblance at best."

SoxxoS
04-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Jonathan Hood refers to KW as "Cameo" from a band or something. I am not familiar with "Cameo" but I am sure it's pretty funny...JHood is funny like that.

Mickster
04-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Radar.

Plain and simple.

batmanZoSo
04-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Jonathan Hood refers to KW as "Cameo" from a band or something. I am not familiar with "Cameo" but I am sure it's pretty funny...JHood is funny like that.

70s funk group. "Word Up" is one of their big songs that I know of.

http://www.soulwalking.co.uk/%A5Artist%20GIF%20Images/Cameo.jpg:KW "You guys are killin' me..."

Daver
04-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Radar.

Plain and simple.

http://www.aaagames.wz.cz/plus/serial/mash/herci/behem_nat/OREILLY-th.jpg

akingamongstmen
04-20-2005, 09:05 PM
"Last Laugh"...

As in, "Don't swing a deal with 'Last Laugh' Kenny, or it'll come back to bite you in the ***."

Brian26
04-20-2005, 09:09 PM
JHood is funny like that.

He is? :?: I bet you like that show with Urkel, too.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Kenny "Win Now" Williams

nodiggity59
04-20-2005, 09:16 PM
Going off of above: Kenny "1917" Williams.

Soon to be Kenny "2005" Williams!

Flight #24
04-20-2005, 09:41 PM
70s funk group. "Word Up" is one of their big songs that I know of.

http://www.soulwalking.co.uk/%A5Artist%20GIF%20Images/Cameo.jpg:KW "You guys are killin' me..."

Countdown until one of our photoshop gurus airbrushes a giant plastic red jockstrap on the KW image.......5.....4.....3....

SoxxoS
04-20-2005, 09:56 PM
He is? :?: I bet you like that show with Urkel, too.

I don't really listen to the score obviously out in Arizona, but I did like when JHood doing his impressions, especially of Jerry Manuel.

batmanZoSo
04-20-2005, 10:00 PM
I don't really listen to the score obviously out in Arizona, but I did like when JHood doing his impressions, especially of Jerry Manuel.

Oh that was classic...

Welllllll you gotta come ready to playyyyyy....:D:

AJPosguchi
04-20-2005, 10:21 PM
OK, Since someone started this thread, I have an interesting Kenny story...

There I was, at spring training in Tucson (2005) watching some of the Sox younger players (Giambi, Rogowski, and Sweeney were there) taking batting practice. Kenny was standing right by the batting cage watching and joking with the youngsters as they were trying to jack a few out of the park.

One of them said something to Kenny and Kenny grabbed Rogowski's bat and said "Let me show you how its done, son". On the third pitch, he lined one out of the park and flipped the bat back to Casey.

My nephew ran back behind the wall and retreived Kenny's BP HR ball which he still has in his posession.

I know this is not a knickname, but perhaps it will help generate some ideas. The Old Man can still play.

HebrewHammer
04-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Kenny "Point C" Williams

mweflen
04-20-2005, 11:03 PM
"Plan Z" :tongue:

JackParkman
04-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Kenny "Raid on Macho Grande" Williams because he's always flying in low under the radar.

CPditka
04-21-2005, 12:31 AM
I've always refered to him as Kenny "yes man" williams... never met a trade he doesnt like.

peeonwrigley
04-21-2005, 12:36 AM
Oh that was classic...

Welllllll you gotta come ready to playyyyyy....:D:

"Hey empty blue seat..... what do you think about playing Frank Thomas at, uhhhhhh, first base as, wellll.....uhhh...... opposed to first base?"

I worked a summer job at a liquor store and visits with Manager Jerry would make the weekend days much, much more enjoyable.

Shorty1983
04-21-2005, 01:21 AM
K-DUB aka Monopoly:D:

Fake Chet Lemon
04-21-2005, 07:54 AM
OK, Since someone started this thread, I have an interesting Kenny story...

There I was, at spring training in Tucson (2005) watching some of the Sox younger players (Giambi, Rogowski, and Sweeney were there) taking batting practice. Kenny was standing right by the batting cage watching and joking with the youngsters as they were trying to jack a few out of the park.

One of them said something to Kenny and Kenny grabbed Rogowski's bat and said "Let me show you how its done, son". On the third pitch, he lined one out of the park and flipped the bat back to Casey.

My nephew ran back behind the wall and retreived Kenny's BP HR ball which he still has in his posession.

I know this is not a knickname, but perhaps it will help generate some ideas. The Old Man can still play.

What a cool story. So maybe Kenny "Long Ball" Williams, actually Kenny "Long Balls" Williams after this offseason may be even more appropriate.

wdelaney72
04-21-2005, 08:59 AM
I've always referred to him as "K-Dub", but I like the name "Radar". That has potential.

infohawk
04-21-2005, 09:02 AM
How about "Maverick" because he enjoys defying the conventional wisdom of the mainstream baseball analysts.

Maybe even something like "K-Mav."

Perhaps we should call him "K-Mart" because he likes to shop for bargains!!!

the gooch
04-21-2005, 09:53 AM
kmart is funny. radar even better. id also go with 'shooter' because he will always pull the trigger.