PDA

View Full Version : Down Goes Mia Hamm's Husband

Viva Medias B's
04-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Hitting into a double play, Normar Garciaparra went down.

:wanne
"Looks like he's got a groin."

Wsoxmike59
04-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Did he pull his Mia Hammstring muscle?

JoseCanseco6969
04-20-2005, 09:36 PM
it was priceless...(not that I wish injury on anyone) But I had the sox on one TV upstairs at my townhouse and the flubs on mute on the other TV, when i hear that ****ing bum...and then another groan from the living room from two of my Flub fan roommates when nomar went down! I had to laugh my @$$ off.

jabrch
04-20-2005, 09:42 PM
poor Cubbies.....poooooor pooooor Cubbies.

wsoxfan
04-20-2005, 09:42 PM
that looked UUUUGlY, i think it's a safe assumption he'll be missing quite a lot of time. this actually pisses me off casue he was stinkin' up the place...

JoseCanseco6969
04-20-2005, 09:47 PM
that looked UUUUGlY, i think it's a safe assumption he'll be missing quite a lot of time. this actually pisses me off casue he was stinkin' up the place...

Yeah, now see one of the subs tear it up. I dont think anyone could be hitting worse than Mr. Mia Hamm. I wonder what they will do for Mia Hamm day if hes out for that long????

Brian26
04-20-2005, 09:56 PM
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

SOX ADDICT '73
04-20-2005, 10:00 PM
Karma, people, KARMA!!!! :mad:

Brian26
04-20-2005, 10:11 PM

F karma. WE lost our #3 and #4 hitters for more than half the season last year. These bums still have a couple of injuries before karma evens out. Let's see Ramirez and Lee go down for 3 or 4 months then come back to me about karma.

fusillirob1983
04-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Let's not see them go down. I'd rather see the Cubs lose simply because they aren't good enough than have them go down and listen to Cub fans complain that they're injured.

MRKARNO
04-20-2005, 10:28 PM
F karma. WE lost our #3 and #4 hitters for more than half the season last year. These bums still have a couple of injuries before karma evens out. Let's see Ramirez and Lee go down for 3 or 4 months then come back to me about karma.

They did lose Prior and Wood for significant parts of last season. I would say in reality that the Cubs have had their fair share of injuries.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Sounds a little like Torii Hunter and his "law of averages." And when has fortune EVER favored the Sox?

Many of us giggled with glee over the Prior and Wood injuries in ST, only to go through a very sobering experience with Buehrle and his "stress reaction."

I made a vow never to take joy in another team's injuries again. For one thing, this will give the Cubs another (unneccessary) excuse to suck.

doublem23
04-20-2005, 10:42 PM
Bob Brenly making the call was classic... "Yep, Nomar is down and he's reaching for his groinal region." I think was the line.

Oh, BTW... Bob Brenly and other guy are pretty bad in the booth. Yikes. I'd rather listen to Pat Hughes and Ron Santo.

Blueprint1
04-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Cubs are still making this Cardinal team look bad right now.

Viva Medias B's
04-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Cubs are still making this Cardinal team look bad right now.

Will someone please go to St. Louis and tell the Cardinals to wake the you-know-what up? As White Sox fans' consensus favorite National League team (per a WSI poll a year or two back), this is disquieting. And the fact that Zambrano is mowing them down (except for a Pujols HR) make me want to vomit. I can't stand that million dollar talent/ten cent brain tool!

Ol' No. 2
04-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Will someone please go to St. Louis and tell the Cardinals to wake the you-know-what up? As White Sox fans' consensus favorite National League team (per a WSI poll a year or two back), this is disquieting. And the fact that Zambrano is mowing them down (except for a Pujols HR) make me want to vomit. I can't stand that million dollar talent/ten cent brain tool!Maybe they'll bring in LaTroy Horking for the "save".:smile:

BRDSR
04-20-2005, 11:02 PM
They did lose Prior and Wood for significant parts of last season. I would say in reality that the Cubs have had their fair share of injuries.

The Cubs suffer injuries because they can't keep their players healthy. We don't suffer a lot of injuries(in general) and when we do they're relatively freak injuries, ie running into wee willie and hurting a knee or diving for a ball at first base and tearing a tricep. Give Herm whatever it takes whenever his contract expires. And Roger Bossard. Wow, the Sox have some of the best non-baseball personel in baseball.

TaylorStSox
04-20-2005, 11:05 PM
You guys sure watch alot of Cub games. :dtroll::redneck

SOX ADDICT '73
04-20-2005, 11:11 PM
I watch as many BASEBALL games as I can (watching Toons vs. LAAAA of A right now), and if they happen to be sCrUBS games, who cares?

itsnotrequired
04-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Maybe they'll bring in LaTroy Horking for the "save".:smile:

Looks like you get your wish. Zambrano goes 8 2/3 before getting the hook. Huh?:?:

Viva Medias B's
04-20-2005, 11:23 PM
It looks like the training staff was looking at Zambrano's pitching hand which lead to him being taken out.

"Uh, oh."

Viva Medias B's
04-20-2005, 11:24 PM
DAMN!!!!!!!! MABRY JUST MISSED IT!!!

:angry:

Ol' No. 2
04-20-2005, 11:25 PM
It looks like the training staff was looking at Zambrano's pitching hand which lead to him being taken out.

"Uh, oh."They'd better hope it's nothing. Without Zambrano, they'd be completely hosed.

CubKilla
04-20-2005, 11:28 PM
DAMN!!!!!!!! MABRY JUST MISSED IT!!!

:angry:

If the humidity isn't 100% (like it was at game time), it's gone :angry: .

Stealth
04-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Damn!!!That was close. It was a blister for Zambrano.

Vsahajpal
04-20-2005, 11:30 PM

"Uh, oh."

Don't worry Wanne. "He's got blood. It's in a blister. Aaaaaap, He's out there flyin around with a blood blister."

CHISOXFAN13
04-20-2005, 11:55 PM
They'd better hope it's nothing. Without Zambrano, they'd be completely hosed.

I'm pretty sure it's that forearm muscle cramping thing going on again. Seems like that happens every time he takes the bump.

Whitesox029
04-20-2005, 11:58 PM
Nomar out...I'm not sure I like this all that much since they've been kinda sucking anyway and this will just be another excuse at the end of the year for Flubbie fans. Hopefully we can bury them with "We didn't have Nomar either and we won our division."

Ol' No. 2
04-21-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm pretty sure it's that forearm muscle cramping thing going on again. Seems like that happens every time he takes the bump.He threw 118 pitches. He's going to have to learn to throw lefty if Dusty keeps that up.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-21-2005, 12:20 AM
He threw 118 pitches. He's going to have to learn to throw lefty if Dusty keeps that up.
Boy, and we complain about how Ozzie handles the bullpen...

You'd think Dust-rag would have learned something during ST this year. Even the Cub-loving media was blaming him for burning out Balsa and the Messiah with high pitch counts (125-135 several times) over the last two years.

But I guess that's what you have to do when your bullpen is full of pyromaniacs.

SOXPHILE
04-21-2005, 12:24 AM
He threw 118 pitches. He's going to have to learn to throw lefty if Dusty keeps that up.

As good as he's been (unfortunatly) the last couple of seasons, there has been talk about Johhny Baker keeping him in games too long, getting the pitch count up, and that he's basically an injury waiting to happen. True or not, it's gotta wear on the arm over the course of the season if a pitcher is consistantly throwing 110+ pitches each outing.

Ol' No. 2
04-21-2005, 12:25 AM
As good as he's been (unfortunatly) the last couple of seasons, there has been talk about Johhny Baker keeping him in games too long, getting the pitch count up, and that he's basically an injury waiting to happen. True or not, it's gotta wear on the arm over the course of the season if a pitcher is consistantly throwing 110+ pitches each outing.Especially in APRIL. Sheesh. I guess he's building up his arm for those 140 pitch outings.:o:

Shorty1983
04-21-2005, 01:58 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050421/capt.sts11004210153.cubs_cardinals_sts110.jpg

OUCH MY NUTS!!!!!!

TDog
04-21-2005, 02:03 AM

The annoying Cubs fan in the office greeted me today with "Thomas retired" to irritate me. Not that he understands the concept of karma.

Really, though, is anyone surprised?

SOX ADDICT '73
04-21-2005, 02:10 AM
The annoying Cubs fan in the office greeted me today with "Thomas retired" to irritate me. Not that he understands the concept of karma.

Really, though, is anyone surprised?
Tomorrow you can tell them, "Yeah, a lot of retired players take BP and travel with the team. Just like a lot of All-Star shortstops need the training staff to carry them off the field so they can ice their marbles."

TDog
04-21-2005, 02:24 AM
Tomorrow you can tell them, "Yeah, a lot of retired players take BP and travel with the team. Just like a lot of All-Star shortstops need the training staff to carry them off the field so they can ice their marbles."

I should have said, "yeah, right, and Carrie Wood won a game."

These knowlegable Cubs fans in my office who were spouting little Cubs stuff (pitchers batting over .400, referring to Ramirez as A-Ram etc.) were talking about the Cubs facing Zito on Thursday. No, said another, "I think Zito went to the Braves. I don't know who's pitching on Thursday."

All this in an atmosphere where I have to work for a living.

SoxxoS
04-21-2005, 02:36 AM
I should have said, "yeah, right, and Carrie Wood won a game."

These knowlegable Cubs fans in my office who were spouting little Cubs stuff (pitchers batting over .400, referring to Ramirez as A-Ram etc.) were talking about the Cubs facing Zito on Thursday. No, said another, "I think Zito went to the Braves. I don't know who's pitching on Thursday."

All this in an atmosphere where I have to work for a living.

That is priceless.

StockdaleForVeep
04-21-2005, 02:58 AM
http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/information/profiles/hans.gif
"Oh no....my groin"

I predict this injury is gonna rattle me worse than hearin piazza's groin tear off the bone injury

gosox41
04-21-2005, 09:30 AM
Did he pull his Mia Hammstring muscle?

I think he's experiencing stiffness in the groin. And the title on this thread really threw me off.

Bob

Jjav829
04-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Ouch! I just saw that and it doesn't look good. Levine just said on Mike & Mike that 4-6 weeks is the best case scenario. He reported that Nomar was still in excruciating pain 45 minutes after the game. There's a 9 a.m. MRI and they should know more after that.

As I've said before, I like Nomar so I'm not going to celebrate an injury to him. I feel bad for him.

Stealth
04-21-2005, 09:59 AM
When does the "Nomar watch" begin? Nevermind, it's all over the media in Chicago and Nationally.

Mickster
04-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Ouch! I just saw that and it doesn't look good. Levine just said on Mike & Mike that 4-6 weeks is the best case scenario. He reported that Nomar was still in excruciating pain 45 minutes after the game. There's a 9 a.m. MRI and they should know more after that.

As I've said before, I like Nomar so I'm not going to celebrate an injury to him. I feel bad for him.

I heard that too. It was "BREAKING NEWS" and Mike & Mike had Levine on the "On-Star Hotline".

http://images.radcity.net/5176/584831.jpg
"In other BREAKING NEWS: Kerry Wood took a dump this morning and it appears that he ate corn and peanuts last night!"

Stealth
04-21-2005, 10:08 AM
I heard that too. It was "BREAKING NEWS" and Mike & Mike had Levine on the "On-Star Hotline".

"In other BREAKING NEWS: Kerry Wood took a dump this morning and it appears that he ate corn and peanuts last night!"

:)

Maximo
04-21-2005, 10:09 AM
I am reminded of all the discussions and debates on these boards about 15 months ago regarding the possible trade of Ordonez and the Sox either getting Garciaparra or Randy Johnson in return. Now.....two of them still have serious health issues and the third one is fading rather quickly into "over paid" land.

I'll take Dye, Iguchi and El Duque.....thank you.

Jjav829
04-21-2005, 10:13 AM

To be fair, Mike & Mike were all over the Mark Buehrle foot thing, too.

mjharrison72
04-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Let's not see them go down. I'd rather see the Cubs lose simply because they aren't good enough than have them go down and listen to Cub fans complain that they're injured.
I agree wholeheartedly... I caught all sorts of crap last year when people (mostly Red Sox fans) would ask why the Sox didn't make the playoffs and I said it was because our two best hitters were out for half of the season. Better to see inexcusable suckiness than injury-induced suckiness.

By my calculations, that puts Neifi Perez at SS and Hairston at 2B until either Nomar or Walker get healthy again? Any options for them? Are they going to have to trade the Messiah?

Rocklive99
04-21-2005, 11:39 AM
I don't like to see injuries, also afriad of karma (especially with some of the players we have), but anyone that gets injured on their team will just be used as an excuse for the Flubs, not like our team last year. Last year, the team that was deemed to win it all by the experts was not declared a failure after finishing third in their division, after all, their pitchers were hurt for a period of time. The Sox on the other hand, can never beat the Twins, even though we lost both Maggs and Big Frank during the big stretch

Hangar18
04-21-2005, 12:40 PM

( Laughing hysterically at his desk ) thats awesome Brian26

ChiSox14305635
04-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Result of that MRI is a ruptured tendon in his groin. I'm gonna go out on a ledge and say he's done for the year. And even though I despise the Cubs, I feel bad for him. That sounds painful as hell.

SOXSINCE'70
04-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Bob Brenly making the call was classic... "Yep, Nomar is down and he's reaching for his groinal region." I think was the line.

Oh, BTW... Bob Brenly and other guy are pretty bad in the booth. Yikes. I'd rather listen to Pat Hughes and Ron Santo.

Brenly and Len Kasper sound best with a MUTE BUTTON!!:bandance: :bandance:

GiveMeSox
04-21-2005, 08:04 PM
Honsetly I feel bad for Nomar. He needed this year to establish himself as an everyday player again. I felt like he was a gamer and am sad to see him go down. I was looking foward to competing against him on the field but I hope he comes back and his injury is not career threatening.

Flight #24
04-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I thought he was a gamer too....until he started mailing it in after returning to the BoSox last year, then told them he'd probably need days off down the stretch, but if he was traded he could probably stick things out.

Prima donna is the word. By no means do I wish injury or anything ill on the guy, but I'm not exactly rooting for him to make a miraculous comeback. I'd rather root for a decent guy like Billy Koch to regain effectiveness than another over-egoed tool.

SoxxoS
04-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Did anyone else find the title of this thread humorous as well?

Lip Man 1
04-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Hangar:

The Cubs have already had three major injuries (Nomar, Walker, Borowski...) If you believe in such things that means the Sox are owed one right? (Two last season...)

By the way, Tribune web site is saying 2-3 months different from ESPN.

Lip

shoota
04-21-2005, 11:10 PM
Anyone notice that since the Sox have kept on winning and now Nomah's injury, cubbie troll clement's beard hasn't been posting?

Wsoxmike59
04-22-2005, 07:56 AM
Tough break for Nomar and the Cubs....I too think he's done for the year.

It's been that kind of week for the Cubs, at least they got Ronnie Woo back!:bandance:

gosox41
04-22-2005, 10:01 AM
Honsetly I feel bad for Nomar. He needed this year to establish himself as an everyday player again. I felt like he was a gamer and am sad to see him go down. I was looking foward to competing against him on the field but I hope he comes back and his injury is not career threatening.

If you believe in karma and the baseball gods, then Nomar got somewhat of what he deserved.

Anyone see the parallels between Nomahhhhh and Maggs and hteir contract situations. Both got greedy and turned down guaranteed money at some point in time. Shortly afterwards, both suffered tough injuries. Both have inflated egos and think their worth is/was a lot more. Both started crying when they're names came up in trades last year.

If you're into karma, then maybe both these players shouldn't have been greedy or if they wanted to be, they should have not complained and whined about it in the papers.

Imagine saying $60 mill. over 5 years isn't enough. Can't wait to see what Nomar gets next year and also see Magglio's stupid contract voided (though I hope the Tigers have to eat all 5 years for being such dummies.)

Bob

miker
04-22-2005, 12:49 PM
Back during the 2003-04 off-season, there was constant discussion of trading Nomar for Magglio.

I was not flamed, but slightly roasted on these boards after suggesting that Garciaparra was often injured.

I consider my position justified.

Back to the discussion already in progress...

Flight #24
04-22-2005, 12:54 PM
FWIW - Bob Ryan hypothesizes that perhaps Nomar was shopping at McLiar's pharmacy, based circumstantially on a significant offseason change in his physique and a serious of different injuries that suggest his body's just breaking down.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2005/04/22/tough_out_for_injured_garciaparra/

jabrch
04-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Canseco also said he thought Nomar was possibly a Juicer. It wouldn't surprise me. He showed no power in the minors, until he met Canseco himself in Boston in the mid 90s - then he developes size, strength AND power all at once.

anoone
04-22-2005, 02:54 PM
On Silvy and Carmen today, during their 'run and shoot' segment, a caller asked;

"Who will score less because of Nomar's groin injury; the Cubs offense or Mia Hamm?"

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Sorry, the 12 year old in me found that funny.

And Mia can score whenever she wants, without Nomar. The Flubbie offense, on the other hand...

SoxxoS
04-22-2005, 02:55 PM
"Who will score less because of Nomar's groin injury; the Cubs offense or Mia Hamm?"

That is hilarious.

Fenway
04-22-2005, 02:56 PM
FWIW - Bob Ryan hypothesizes that perhaps Nomar was shopping at McLiar's pharmacy, based circumstantially on a significant offseason change in his physique and a serious of different injuries that suggest his body's just breaking down.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2005/04/22/tough_out_for_injured_garciaparra/

There have been a lot of whispers about Nomar in Boston concerning this over the past 3 years and some of it was coming from the clubhouse. Theo moved one known steriod user 2 years ago and I have a hunch this also played into Boston's handling of him.

This cover on SI started all the whispers

http://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/2001/0305_large.jpg

seanpmurphy
04-22-2005, 04:26 PM

A Cub fan complain? Never

Fenway
04-22-2005, 04:28 PM
On the Red Sox board someone just called Mariotti the Shaughnessy of Chicago

:D: