PDA

View Full Version : How the Sox should Play the Twins?

Foulke29
04-20-2005, 06:58 PM
First of all, I'm going to say that I am thrilled with the way the Sox played the Twins Monday and Tuesday. However, do any of you think that Podsednik should have plowed Mauer over - in the spirit of "grinding" ala Torii Hunter, or should have have tried to slide. In general, shouldn't the Sox play a bit rougher against the Twins? Shouldn't Hunter take one in the back every three or four games - just to let him know that there's consequence to playing as well as he does against the Sox or consequence to stealing second and third against them?

Thoughts?

DumpJerry
04-20-2005, 06:59 PM
We don't play these guys again until August. Let's concentrate on the here and now and worry about the Twinks when we see them again.

daveeym
04-20-2005, 07:04 PM
First of all, I'm going to say that I am thrilled with the way the Sox played the Twins Monday and Tuesday. However, do any of you think that Podsednik should have plowed Mauer over - in the spirit of "grinding" ala Torii Hunter, or should have have tried to slide. In general, shouldn't the Sox play a bit rougher against the Twins? Shouldn't Hunter take one in the back every three or four games - just to let him know that there's consequence to playing as well as he does against the Sox or consequence to stealing second and third against them?

Thoughts?No, he's fresh off a groin strain and not that big, he's not the guy to send a message.

ilsox7
04-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Pods small and hurt, Mauer big. Good choice.

kittle42
04-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Winning says enough. "Messages" are overrated.

Some people are never pleased.

cubhater
04-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Just keep beating those clowns is the best way to play them.

SABRSox
04-20-2005, 07:56 PM
I think winning 4 out of 5 sends them a nice little "message." You don't need to plow over Mauer.

However, if someone were to "mistakenly" run into center field while stealing second, and slide hard in Torii Hunter, I wouldn't have had a problem with that.

Schmitz33
04-20-2005, 08:31 PM

Thoughts?

DO THE MATH

6'4" 225 Pounds

VS

6'0" 190 Pounds

Hook slide was the right call

jabrch
04-20-2005, 09:32 PM
4 out of 5 is a great message to send.

11-4 is a great message to send.

Winning our first 4 serieses is a great messasge to send.

Winning road games and division games is a great message to send.

I'll deal with not barrelling over Mauer if we keep on sending the right messages.

Jurr
04-20-2005, 09:52 PM
The Sox are playing with a ton of focus and even brought it to Detroit tonight. I said it a couple of months ago that the additions the Tigers made coupled with the apparent "breakout" of the Indians have caused the Sox to not overlook these teams and we may see a real desire to bury these fools in their own egos.

The "upgrades" made by the central's bottom feeders may have been the worst thing for them as it pertains to their 2005 season vs. the Sox.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Winning says enough. "Messages" are overrated.

Some people are never pleased.

That message that Torii sent Burke last year knocked us out of the race all by itself. Frank Thomas and Magglio Ordonez both going down for the season at about the same time had nothing to do with anything. Yep, a bit over-rated.