PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Game Voting

Knockoutinthepar
04-20-2005, 03:43 PM
That's right, they have the ballots up on all the MLB websites.

Now aside from the fact that we're 14 games into the season, there's a dilemma that's only going to get worse as the season progresses.

The White Sox Nominees are:

First Base: Konerko
Second Base: Iguchi
Third Base: Crede
Short Stop: Uribe
Catcher: Pierzynski
Outfielder: Dye
Outfielder: Podsednik
Outfielder: Rowand
Designated Hitter: Thomas

The question we're left with is obvious: WHAT ABOUT CARL?

Who do we bump?

Mickster
04-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Considering Carl is our DH and Frank has yet to play (and is not expected until Mid-May at the earliest), what do you think??? :?: :?:

JUribe1989
04-20-2005, 03:54 PM
I encourage one and all to vote for all White Sox multiple times at this link:
http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/mlb.mlb/homepage;pos=1;sz=300x60;tile=1;ord=376518257?#
Make sure to click on the ad when you get to the page

I know some of these are a long shot, but let's try our best to get 1 guy in the starting lineup as hard as it may be.

mike squires
04-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Geez, seems a little early. Didn't the season just start!

DaleJRFan
04-20-2005, 04:03 PM
is this for real? :?:

Knockoutinthepar
04-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Sorry, but my loyalties are to Frank. I don't care if he's injured till the second half of the season, I don't even care if he retires--if his name is on the ballot, he's getting my vote. Carl's bumping somebody and it ain't to be him.

santo=dorf
04-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Sorry, but my loyalties are to Frank. I don't care if he's injured till the second half of the season, I don't even care if he retires--if his name is on the ballot, he's getting my vote. Carl's bumping somebody and it ain't to be him.
^^^^
Which is exactly why they should get rid of the fans' votes.

It is WAY too early to start the voting.:angry:

Milw
04-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Anyone care to speculate on the possiblity that Iguchi will be the AL's starting second baseman thanks to votes from the entire nation of Japan?

Jaffar
04-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Didn't Everett snub Thomas for the All star game when it was in Chicago even though Thomas was doing great?

santo=dorf
04-20-2005, 05:54 PM
Didn't Everett snub Thomas for the All star game when it was in Chicago even though Thomas was doing great?

Everett was voted to the team by the players. Frank lost out to Jason Varitek on the "30th man" ballot.

Chisox_cali
04-20-2005, 06:58 PM
I think with the international voting that Iguchi has a good chance of possibly starting. Probably the best chance of starting then anyone else on the team.

Takatsufan
04-20-2005, 08:39 PM
Start voting for our White Sox, so we can actually see more than one or two in the game this year. When ayou think about it, all our players could be potential All-Stars.

mike squires
04-20-2005, 11:10 PM
I know this is MLB's way of getting fans a part of the game and all but the players with the best stats up to a certain point in the season should get the nod. It gets old seeing 8 or 9 Yankes on the squad and still having Torre pick a reliver to add to the team...:angry:

Rocklive99
04-21-2005, 11:00 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050419&content_id=1021109&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Sox Army, attack!

Everett gets the shaft, be sure to write him in

fquaye149
04-21-2005, 11:03 AM
ugh...can't we wait until the season actually has started to put the ballots out?

damn you mlb

HITMEN OF 77
04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
I love Frank but this is a joke. Why is he in there for the AL DH spot? Carl should be in there. :angry:

HITMEN OF 77
04-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Frank on the AL DH vote is a joke. Come on. He hasn't played for almost a year. Carl should be on there and Frank should be the write in. What's up with that?

mikehuff
04-21-2005, 11:44 AM
Frank on the AL DH vote is a joke. Come on. He hasn't played for almost a year. Carl should be on there and Frank should be the write in. What's up with that?

Does it surprise you that the nation knows nothing about this team? This has been happening for the last 4 years too. Frank has been listed as the 1st baseman while hot hitting Konerko doesn't even appear.

batmanZoSo
04-21-2005, 11:52 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050419&content_id=1021109&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Sox Army, attack!

Everett gets the shaft, be sure to write him in

Here's another problem with the All-Sham game. No one knows who's really an all-star yet. And Yankee fans can keep re-voting all the way until July.

anewman35
04-21-2005, 11:58 AM
Does it surprise you that the nation knows nothing about this team? This has been happening for the last 4 years too. Frank has been listed as the 1st baseman while hot hitting Konerko doesn't even appear.

I doubt the nation has anything to do with this one. I could be wrong, but don't the Sox choose who appears?

mrfourni
04-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Maybe we can get all the Ichiro voters on the internet in Japan to vote for Iguchi also

I want Mags back
04-21-2005, 04:28 PM

I thought the ballot was determined by opening day roster

Iguana775
04-21-2005, 04:31 PM
i noticed that Bonds is on it. think he'll be voted as the starter? lol

PaleHoseGeorge
04-21-2005, 04:33 PM
I think we're going to set a record merging threads on this subject for lack of brain cells amongst those who keep hitting the "new thread" button.

:o:

Cubsuck_a_lot
04-21-2005, 04:35 PM
I doubt the nation has anything to do with this one. I could be wrong, but don't the Sox choose who appears?

no, it's all based on balloting. there's a new rule, though, that all teams must be represented in the all-sham game. so, in that sense, if no one from a particular team is voted in, then that team may get to choose who represents them. but that's not definitive, just a round about guess at the new rule.

soxfanreggie
04-21-2005, 04:38 PM
Iguchi might benefit from the Ichiro-effect. I'd guess that he would gain a lot of votes from the Japanese population.

anewman35
04-21-2005, 04:51 PM
no, it's all based on balloting. there's a new rule, though, that all teams must be represented in the all-sham game. so, in that sense, if no one from a particular team is voted in, then that team may get to choose who represents them. but that's not definitive, just a round about guess at the new rule.

Um. Was this supposed to be in teal? Because you completely misunderstood me (and, in addition, are completly wrong). I meant that the Sox get to choose who appears on the ballot. But the rule about at least one player from every team being on the all-star team is NOT a new rule.

Rocklive99
04-21-2005, 09:17 PM
I think we're going to set a record merging threads on this subject for lack of brain cells amongst those who keep hitting the "new thread" button.

:o:

The same brain cells it takes to figure out that the point of my thread was to encourage voting of the White Sox players and the write in of Everett, which is why I put under 'Sox Clubhouse'? I didn't see it in Talking Baseball because I always check the Sox news first, there's no need to call me stupid

RKMeibalane
04-21-2005, 09:22 PM
You can always write in Everett's name if you want. I've given up on AS Game balloting. After seeing Frank get shafted the past two seasons in favor of Yankees and Red Sox players, I'm now convinced that the entire voting process is nothing more than a smoke-screen to prevent the public from realizing that the AS Game is really a showcase for all of the players who are going to play in New York or Boston the following season.

RKMeibalane
04-21-2005, 09:24 PM

The ballot is based largely on the events of the previous season. Frank Thomas had a remarkably better 2004 season than Carl Everett did. Furthermore, the names are also determined in part based on the reputations of the players. That's why Thomas has been named over Konerko in past seasons. That will not be the case from now on, however. Konerko is the Sox first baseman. Period.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-21-2005, 09:29 PM
The same brain cells it takes to figure out that the point of my thread was to encourage voting of the White Sox players and the write in of Everett, which is why I put under 'Sox Clubhouse'? I didn't see it in Talking Baseball because I always check the Sox news first, there's no need to call me stupid

Let the record show I never called you "stupid"... and I never will. I'll give you one guess why?

Too late.

RKMeibalane
04-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Let the record show I never called you "stupid"... and I never will. I'll give you one guess why?

Too late.

:rolling:

Wsoxmike59
05-06-2005, 06:48 AM
My All-Star Ballot (I voted 50 X)
American League- National League

1B - Paul Konerko
Todd Helton
2B- Brian Roberts
Mark Loretta
3B- Joe Crede
Scott Rolen
SS - Miguel Tejada
C. Barmes
C - Ivan Rodriguez
P. LoDuca
OF - Torii Hunter
M. Bradley
OF - Mark Kotsay
P. Burrell
OF - Ichiro Suzuki
A. Dunn

A. Cavatica
05-15-2005, 08:02 AM
I know some of these are a long shot, but let's try our best to get 1 guy in the starting lineup as hard as it may be.

I too want to see 3-4 Sox in the game for a change, but we'll have to hope that Francona likes our pitchers and reserves.

None of our position players deserves to start. Nobody has the national recognition that brings undeserved votes.

Podsednik's the stolen base leader, so he's got a good chance as a reserve. Can he beat out the likes of Manny, Ichiro, Damon, Guerrero? No way.

Iguchi's played well enough, but if you know who he is, then you also know who Brian Roberts is -- and Roberts is better.

Rowand & Konerko deserved to go for their 2004 seasons, but they don't deserve a single vote right now. Uribe? No, not over Tejada. Crede? No. Pierzynski? No. Everett? No, even if he were on the ballot.

Among the pitchers, Buehrle & Garland are probably locks; Hermanson and Hernandez have outside chances.

chisoxfan64
05-15-2005, 11:03 AM
Hey this is Chicago, you know what we say.
Vote early and vote often.

Clembasbal
05-15-2005, 12:39 PM
i noticed that Bonds is on it. think he'll be voted as the starter? lol

After it is all said and done, the commishinor can say "Yes" or "No" to somebody that was voted on. He must approve the rosters, usually he does, but I can see him saying no to Bonds in this case...steriod abuser and hasn't even played yet.

Mr. White Sox
06-04-2005, 01:01 AM
My All-Star Ballot (I voted 50 X)

Uhh, aren't you only allowed to vote 25X? (What the hell...25X? why not 1X?)
Now that I think about it, couldn't one enter in fake name/email info over and over and have a heydey of misinformed illegal voting?

This revelation, and the fact that Nomar is leading as NL SS, only confirms the need for the All-Star game to determine home field advantage for the World Series. Its method of electing players is fair, and I have no doubts in the system.

SOXSINCE'70
06-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Anyone care to speculate on the possiblity that Iguchi will be the AL's starting second baseman thanks to votes from the entire nation of Japan?

I'm an American,and I voted for him 4 times!!:bandance: :bandance:

SOXSINCE'70
06-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Hey this is Chicago, you know what we say.
Vote early and vote often.

Too bad "Da Mayor" and Harold Washington can't vote.:redneck :redneck

Mr. White Sox
06-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Update: the nation is getting dumber.
Tino Martinez and Millar are pulling away from Teixeira, which is one of the greatest starter snubs thus far.
Iguchi isn't even in the top 5, even though roberts deserves it.
Podsednik is behind Bernie Williams and Sammy Sosa. :?:

chidonez
06-07-2005, 02:22 PM
I also noticed that the AL East is leading in every category, althoug Ichiro is currently second in the OF. What a bunch of crap.

Ventura Fan 23
06-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Keep the votes up for Paulie, he's not that far behind from having the most votes.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Keep the votes up for Paulie, he's not that far behind from having the most votes.

Until he can hit his weight, keep Konerko out of the all-star game. I wouldn't want Sox Fans to get unfairly accused of being COMPLETE ****ING MORONS by mass voting for our mediocre firstbasemen.
:mad:

Francona is required to pick at least one Sox. I can think of at least FIVE PITCHERS on this team that deserve the ASG honor 1000-times more than GIDPauleee.

jshanahanjr
06-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Paulie is now above his weight in batting average, so pile on the votes. If nothing else, he got snubbed last year (Giambi started), and was the Steroid free HR Champ @ the 2002 All Star Homrun Derby (Giambi won). Giambi has robbed both PK and Big Frank of awards.

gf2020
06-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Balloting Results Updated without many changes:

NL (http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050606&content_id=1078138&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb#results)

AL (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050605&content_id=1077695&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb#results)

Mr. White Sox
06-14-2005, 12:13 AM
There we go! finally, some justice! Teixeira is in 2nd in the All-Star balloting, and hopefully will overtake Tino Martinez, who definitely doesn't deserve to be there. Iguchi passed Bret Boone and is now in 5th in the 2nd base voting; although he should be in 3rd, I could care less as long as Brian Roberts goes. Pods moved up one spot, but his not being on the ESPN game could hurt his chances of moving up any more (not that he has a chance of starting anyway, but whatever). As long as Teixeira wins it at 1st, I'll be somewhat happy that an undeserving Spankyee won't get it.

Frater Perdurabo
06-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Paulie is now above his weight in batting average, so pile on the votes. If nothing else, he got snubbed last year (Giambi started), and was the Steroid free HR Champ @ the 2002 All Star Homrun Derby (Giambi won). Giambi has robbed both PK and Big Frank of awards.

I still would not vote for Paulie. Until he starts replicating his 2002 or 2004 first-half numbers, he's not an All-Star. However, Frank Thomas' 1.232 OPS so far (in albeit limited duty) is impressive.....

RallyBowl
06-16-2005, 04:59 PM
I had a few minutes and I filled out my on-line ballot for the all-star game. I encourage/ remind everyone to do the same. You can vote 25 times, so help our guys out. It may not mean much at the end of the day, but if every member on this site votes 25 times for all White Sox, who knows? Like I said , it may not mean much because we will probably get shafted again this year and only send 1 or 2 as usual, but you never know.

Buehrle_Man56
06-16-2005, 05:16 PM
For the AL i voted for all WHITE SOX..and for the NL all Cardinals
GO SOX!

shortwavez
06-20-2005, 03:54 PM
I really don't want to see a bunch of Yankees playing on the field. I really hate that the voting is a popularity contest...come on Mike Piazza having so many votes. There are better players for his position

SomebodyToldMe
06-20-2005, 04:56 PM
The AL team looks like it's gonna be the AL East. Sickening.

Jiddy78
06-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Looking over the voting results thus far...Would it not be wiser to vote for Texeira than Paulie....so that Tino is left out and (of course) there's no way he will be chosen...thus increasing Paulie's chances? Anyone see a flaw in this strategy???

scottjanssens
06-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Personally, I'd rather send the minimum to the all-star game. Get the guys some rest, physically and mentally.

Rocklive99
06-21-2005, 11:25 AM
I see a flaw in the whole process when Tino is leading, he doesn't even play everyday. Seriously, they can keep having the fans vote since that's what it's all about, but then they should change the name

Eddie Gaedel
06-21-2005, 11:37 AM
I see a flaw in the whole process when Tino is leading, he doesn't even play everyday. Seriously, they can keep having the fans vote since that's what it's all about, but then they should change the name

Right, like the 'Fan Favorite Game'.

soxrme
06-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Personally, I'd rather send the minimum to the all-star game. Get the guys some rest, physically and mentally.
3 days rest would be good for our guys. I would be happy if only one pitcher made it and no position players.

Jiddy78
06-21-2005, 12:32 PM
3 days rest would be good for our guys. I would be happy if only one pitcher made it and no position players.

I doubt this happens....BUT...If it did...Oh the humanity in the media....

Respect...blah blah blah...best team in baseball...blah blah blah...<insert Ozzie Guillen expletive here>...blah blah blah...

Next thing you know...We have some sort of stuffed animal at the park with the word "rally" attached to it....

Just give us our due...Rest is for the weak.

scottjanssens
06-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Next thing you know...We have some sort of stuffed animal at the park with the word "rally" attached to it....

Well, the rally socks never took off. I don't even remember where mine is.

White Sox Josh
06-21-2005, 04:47 PM
AL
First Base: M. Teixeira, TEX
Second Base: B. Roberts, BAL
Third Base: A. Rodriguez, NYY
Shortstop: M. Tejada, BAL
Catcher: J. Lopez, BAL
Outfielder: V. Guerrero, LAA
Outfielder: A. Rowand, CWS
Outfielder: I. Suzuki, SEA
DH: D. Ortiz, BOS

NL
First Base: A. Pujols, STL
Second Base: C. Utley, PHI
Third Base: D. Wright, NYM
Shortstop: C. Izturis, LAD
Catcher: R. Hernandez, SD
Outfielder: B. Abreu, PHI
Outfielder: C. Beltran, NYM
Outfielder: M. Cabrera, FLA

TwinsFanLeft4Dead
07-05-2005, 01:48 AM
Everyone VOTE Torii Hunter!!!

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-05-2005, 02:16 AM
:dtroll:
Quick! Someone do their best Hawk impersonation.

santo=dorf
07-05-2005, 12:39 PM

Are you enjoying his typical sub-.270 batting average as much as I am? :dtroll:

TwinsFanLeft4Dead
07-06-2005, 02:25 AM
Dont you worrie about Torri Hunter.. He has already started to pick up his game and will come out firing after the All-Star Break.

Mr. White Sox
07-06-2005, 02:27 AM
Dont you worrie about Torri Hunter.. He has already started to pick up his game and will come out firing after the All-Star Break.

He's only an all-star when he plays the White Sox, and that's when you include his defense.
That's a 19/162 All-Star.
No thanks.

samram
07-06-2005, 06:36 AM

Believe us, we're not going to "worrie" about Torrrrriiiiii. By the way, you're doing a great job evading the long arm of the mods.

mccoydp
07-06-2005, 11:16 AM

:hawk

* clears throat, grabs microphone, adjusts collar, cracks knuckles... *

I mean, c'mon, really? Why do you even bother?

Rocklive99
07-06-2005, 03:27 PM
Gammons on ESPNEWS saying an interview on WEEI in Boston revealed there is no official rule that every team has to be represented in the All Star Game, then why are they doing it?!?!?!