PDA

View Full Version : More fretting over Frank's future

bigredrudy
04-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Frank is on schedule to make 10 million next year unless the Sox buy him out. Because of his age and his body size Frank has been injured much of the last 4 years. If I were management I would never consider paying a DH 10 million a year with a good chance that he would be injured. Frank is going to have to take a big cut in pay if he is to stay with the White Sox. Frank's pride might get in the way. Hopefully
Frank will see the light and recognize that he just is not worth the money that his contract calls for. He then will be able to stay with the Sox for the remainder of his career.

Flight #24
04-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Where's that guy pulling his hair out? Or even the "My Eyes" pic?

The Sox choice is not whether to pay Frank $10mil or not. It's whether to pay him 10mil to play or 3.5mil not to. In other words, it's a question of Frank Thomas v. 6.5mil.

If you watched the FA season this year, you should be able to answer whether or not you can find a better use of 6.5mil than Frank Thomas.

Ol' No. 2
04-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Frank is on schedule to make 10 million next year unless the Sox buy him out. Because of his age and his body size Frank has been injured much of the last 4 years. If I were management I would never consider paying a DH 10 million a year with a good chance that he would be injured. Frank is going to have to take a big cut in pay if he is to stay with the White Sox. Frank's pride might get in the way. Hopefully
Frank will see the light and recognize that he just is not worth the money that his contract calls for. He then will be able to stay with the Sox for the remainder of his career.Do we have to rehash this EVERY DAY?

Unregistered
04-20-2005, 04:12 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2629.

Rocky Soprano
04-20-2005, 04:17 PM
:threadblows:

Flight #24
04-20-2005, 04:17 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2629.

Yup, that's the guy.

Ol' No. 2
04-20-2005, 04:20 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2629.This really needs to be a tag.

RKMeibalane
04-21-2005, 10:28 PM
If I see one more "Frank Thomas' Career is Over/Sox Run Frank Out of Town" thread, I'm going to throw up. Can people let this subject die down until the end of the season. Frank hasn't played a game yet in 2005, and people are already worrying about 2006? Come on, now. If Frank has a good season, I fully expect JR to find a way to keep him in town. End of discussion.

Unregistered
04-21-2005, 11:56 PM
If Frank has a good season, I fully expect JR to find a way to keep him in town. End of discussion.And if he doesn't, I'll be a pretty pissed off fan. :angry:

Dan H
04-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Maybe Frank is already history. Could Guillen's recent tirade be a way to grease the skids for his departure?

gosox41
04-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Maybe Frank is already history. Could Guillen's recent tirade be a way to grease the skids for his departure?

It's early but I have no doubt Frank is gone. And that makes me :angry: :angry: :angry: .

Bob

RKMeibalane
04-22-2005, 02:16 PM
And if he doesn't, I'll be a pretty pissed off fan. :angry:

If he doesn't, he'll be gone, and perhaps rightfully so.

RKMeibalane
04-22-2005, 02:18 PM
It's early but I have no doubt Frank is gone. And that makes me :angry: :angry: :angry: .

Bob

I don't know. Everyone but a select few individuals (myself, voodoo, PHG, TheBigHurt, etc.) thought that Frank was history following the 2002 season. We know how that turned out. As long as Reinsdorf wants Frank in Chicago, he will be in Chicago. If KW tries to overrule him, then it is Williams who will be run out of town.