PDA

View Full Version : ESPN INsider--Boycott ESPN

Spicoli
04-20-2005, 02:40 PM
As always the attentive readers of WSI, armed with acute baseball acumen have dismantled the incompetent and unprofessional 'journalism' of ESPN. Adding salt to the wound, I have noticed that gradually, over the past 3 years or so, more and more of their articles, features, etc., have been classified as "ESPN INsider" material. Today's three leading stories on their web site were all INsider reports, requiring paid subscription. Thus, not only are the spreading unreliable and even misleading information, they are charging for--hence profiting from--it! This is criminal, or at least should be.

Boycott ESPN!

kittle42
04-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Criminal? :?:

Spicoli
04-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Criminal? :?:

False advertising. Certainly unjust. If I take someone's money for a service--in this case accurate, researched reporting--and do not provide that service, there is/should be recourse for refunding money. Or, we shall nobody be held accountable in a way that matters?

cheeses_h_rice
04-20-2005, 03:53 PM
False advertising. Certainly unjust. If I take someone's money for a service--in this case accurate, researched reporting--and do not provide that service, there is/should be recourse for refunding money. Or, we shall nobody be held accountable in a way that matters?

Good luck with pursuing that!

Aloha,
Mr. Hand

patbooyah
04-20-2005, 04:20 PM
if the five bucks a month is too much for you, then don't subscribe. according to you, the articles are all crap anyways. so you're not missing a thing!

personally, i'm happy i have the service just so i can read all the local stories about the sox in one place.

DumpJerry
04-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Don't pay for the service. Whatever legit gossip they report will make it to the free media shortly thereafter. The unfounded rumors will die and you won't be out any $$ to learn them.

kittle42
04-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Good luck with pursuing that!

Aloha,
Mr. Hand

Amen.
:threadsucks