PDA

View Full Version : Everett and Thomas on defense

bigredrudy
04-20-2005, 03:36 PM
I have watched every pitch so far and the defense has been very good-especially the infield defense. Crede and Uribe are both playing great. We are winning with pitching and defense. Now there is talk that both Everett and Thomas have to play. I would be very much opposed to that. Everett is a terrible outfielder and Thomas can't throw and has no range at first. The DH has to be one or the other. We will win with pitching and defense or we won't win at all. I am opposed to weakening the defense in any way. If we don't hit enough to win-so be it. We certainly won't win with Thomas at first base or Everett in the outfield. In recent years the Sox have continually weakened their defense so as to score more runs. That way has not worked. Let's do it a different way. 2000 was a fluke. We need to support our pitching with a solid defense.

kittle42
04-20-2005, 03:56 PM
I don't believe there has been much, if any, serious talk of Thomas at first. It will never happen again while he's in a Sox uniform, I would bet.

Everett, on the other hand, may be forced into playing the OF. Worse things have happened.

mcfish
04-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Everett is not as bad in the OF as you seem to think. He was hurt last year. Platooning 5 guys for 4 positions (3 OF and DH) - shouldn't be that hard to get everyone decent amounts of time.