PDA

View Full Version : Famous Fan

kingpin_rcs
04-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Please move this to another board if appropriate.

Did anyone notice on the Sunday night baseball game last week that Noha Wyle (a.k.a Carter from ER) was at the game? He was wearing a sox hat and Jersey and looked like he was by himself.

I have seen him wearing a White Sox t-shirt on the show before but since it takes place in Chicago I wrote that off as a minor character trait.

Do you think he is really a Sox fan or was this some ESPN/Noah Wyle publicity thing?

elrod
04-20-2005, 02:38 PM
He threw out the first ball on Saturday's game. My wife was VERY impressed.

SSN721
04-20-2005, 02:41 PM
He threw out the first ball on Saturday's game. My wife was VERY impressed.

Steve Jobs threw out the first pitch on Saturday? How did I miss it?:D:

C-Dawg
04-20-2005, 03:01 PM
I saw him throw out the first pitch on Saturday but was left wondering who he was. I don't watch much TV I guess.

Erik The Red
04-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Hawk and DJ mentioned that they were filming an episode of ER. Dunno if he's a Sox fan in real life, though I remember hearing somewhere that he participated in some theater program at Northwestern when he was younger.

Hangar18
04-20-2005, 03:20 PM

Did anyone notice on the Sunday night baseball game last week that Noha Wyle (a.k.a Carter from ER) was at the game? He was wearing a sox hat and Jersey and looked like he was by himself.

I have seen him wearing a White Sox t-shirt on the show before but since it takes place in Chicago I wrote that off as a minor character trait.

Do you think he is really a Sox fan or was this some ESPN/Noah Wyle publicity thing?

I didnt notice this at all. But this figures, since if the parks were switched,
and he was at The Urinal, Mike Kiley wouldve done one of his "everyone-loves-the-cubs-even-ER's-noah-wylie", and WGN wouldve had him in the booth talking bs ......

FRANK FORT
04-20-2005, 03:29 PM
On the same note, I hope no one forgets that "Sweetchuck" from the Police Academy movies is also a Sox fan.

gosox41
04-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Steve Jobs threw out the first pitch on Saturday? How did I miss it?:D:

Careful. For those who know who Steve Jobs is, you may just start off a whole new subject: Steve Jobs wants to buy White Sox....first 15K fans get a free IPOD.:D: :D:

Bob

batmanZoSo
04-20-2005, 04:03 PM

This is too funny. I remember watching that game and catching a brief glimpse of a fan in closeup and thinking "that kinda looks like Noah Wyle. What would he be doing there?" I dismissed it at the time. Never thought about it until now.

Ron Karkovice
04-20-2005, 05:40 PM
I hope Professor Monnitoff from Donnie Darko is a Sox fan!
http://images.usatoday.com/news/health/spotlighthealth/2003/03-10-noah-wyle-inside.jpg