PDA

View Full Version : The worst chat I have ever seen...a [teal]great[/teal] Chisox tidbit

SoxxoS
04-20-2005, 01:54 PM
This is borderline what's the score, feel free to move-

Ok, this is an ESPN insider chat wrap, but I can still post some of the questions-

Could be the worst chat of all time (http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=7923)

This is a chat with Gary Miller, ESPN expert.

There were only 22 questions total, and keep in mind, 32 teams in Major League baseball-

First, here is the Sox question

Mat: Toledo, OH: What do you think the chances are that the ChiSox and keep this up and win the division? Almost every preseason prediction I heard had them finishing fourth due to the resurgence of Cleveland and Detroit last year. I found this odd because even though we lost Carlos Lee and Magglio Ordonez we still led the majors in HRs last year despite not having Ordonez & Thomas for half the season. But now we have a 5 man deep rotation along with the power .I'll gladly take Dye, Konerko, & a health Thomas when he returns over just Lee and Konerko; which is what we had last year. Your thoughts?

http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/sn2.gif Gary Miller: I think the AL Central is at least a 3-team race with the White Sox a big part of that. My concern about them holding on to win it is that so much depends on Scott Precednik's production and the contribution of Jose Contreras. It will also be interesting to see how Frank Thomas blends in when he returns, especailly considering Ozzie Guillen's attitude challenge to Thomas this week.

That isn't even close to POD, so that is NOT a typo.

So now 21 questions left. He might be a Flub fan-

Steve, Bloomington, MN: Gary, is there a more overrated player in the league than Kerry Wood? Is there a more underrated player than Mark Loretta?

http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/sn2.gif Gary Miller: I don't know if I would say overrated, his performance in Cincy has become kind of his trademark -- lucky to get 6 innings in, throw about 100 pitches and have trouble protecting a lead. I would agree that his reputation is greater than his results and my biggest criticism would be that he doesn't stay in games long enough or pitch smartly enough to get more victories. I do agree that Loretta is somewhat overlooked and I'd hate to think where the Padres offense would be without him overacheiving b/c almost everone else in their lineup seems to be underperforming.

John (TX): Is there a more overrated manager than Dusty Baker?

http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/sn2.gif Gary Miller: Well, considering I have to cover the Cubs tonight, I'll be a little cautious, John. As a lifetime Cubs fan, he's likely the most accomplished manager they've had in my lifetime. Having said that, I think the Cubs have underachieved. They've made poor use of a dominant pitching staff and twice when those of us figured Dusty should have won it all in 2002 and 2003, he came away without a championship. I think that sometimes, Dusty takes the players' manager thing a bit too far.

Hogcard (St. Louis, Mo.): Gary: If Carlos Zambrano continues to intentionally bean Cardinal hitters out of frustration again this evening, will the league finally step in and either suspend or fine him?

http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/sn2.gif Gary Miller: Well, we'll be watching for that tonight and infact, that will be a large discussion point of the game. It will depend on how obvious he is. What impressed me most in last year's confrontations is how the Cards handled it and just basically took him out of the yard in retaliation. I think composure is the element that is keeping Zambrano from becoming one of the top five pitchers in the National League.

Mike, St. Louis: Gary, you'll be in enemy territory tonight. How do you see the Central Division shaping up? Can the Cubs beat the Cards, can Cincy finish in 3rd?

http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/sn2.gif Gary Miller: I don't classify the Cards as as big a favorite as a lot of folks do, although I think the Cubs have a lot of internal things to overcome. The Cards have a significant drop-off at the top of their order and the middle of their infield, but last night's performance by Matt Morris made me feel a lot better about their rotation. The Cubs have the talent, but they need to really get the chemistry right ... and obviously a lot will depent on what contribution Nomar makes. I would pick Houston third, but they will have to stay close until Lance Berkman returns. Then we'll see if the 'stros have enough to make it a 3-team race.

Jeff (Charlottesville, VA): Better NL rivalry: Cardinals v. Cubs or Dodgers v. Giants?

http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/sn2.gif Gary Miller: I'd have to say the venom and hatred is more pronounced in Dodgers-Giants. Just by the very nature of being mid-western and so close, and with probably the greatest mixture of fans of any rivalry, the Cubs - Cards is a bit more cuddly than the others.

Drew (FL): Gary, lifelong cubs fan myself! I dont know if you've seen but Matt Murton (OF acquired in Garciaparra trade) Felix Pie, and Eric Patterson are all off to great starts this yr. How long do you think before people will be talking about the influx of Cubs youth on the offensive side

http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/sn2.gif Gary Miller: Well, talking with one of our analysts for tonight's game -- long-time Cubs announcer Steve Stone -- we were noticing that Corey Patterson is the best offensive-producer the Cubs have yielded since Raf Palmiero. Pie has a chance to change that. He's been in the Future's Game at least the past two years, but he is still pretty raw. The guy I'm most intrigued by in the Cubs system is Ronny Cedeno. I'm interested to watch whether he will continue to develop enough to be ready to replace Garciaparra in next year's lineup.

That is 6 out of 21 questions. What is that, about 27% of the chat? The spelling of "Presednik" had me rolling on the floor. At least ATTEMPT to be professional, Gary, you tool.

Unregistered
04-20-2005, 01:57 PM
OK, this is like the MILLIONTH piece in the national media talking about how Ozzie called out Frank. Even after the apologies and the stories about how everyone took Ozzie's words out of context, EVERY STORY talks about how it will be "interesting to see when Ozzie and Frank get into a fistfight in the dugout."

Do your homework, ****tards. :angry:

Ol' No. 2
04-20-2005, 02:23 PM
OK, this is like the MILLIONTH piece in the national media talking about how Ozzie called out Frank. Even after the apologies and the stories about how everyone took Ozzie's words out of context, EVERY STORY talks about how it will be "interesting to see when Ozzie and Frank get into a fistfight in the dugout."

Do your homework, ****tards. :angry:Do your homework??? He can't even get the name or our centerfielder right.

jabrch
04-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Precednik... That comes before Postsednick and after Antecednik?

Amazing...Sloppy and lazy - have a frigging set of rosters in front of you during your chat if you don't know the players names...better yet, sell used cars and leave baseball talk to someone who at least knows the name of one of the best base stealers in MLB.

Unregistered
04-20-2005, 02:33 PM
Do your homework??? He can't even get the name or our centerfielder right.Haha, yeah - there was too much stupidity going on so I had to pick one angle and stick with it. :D:

NonetheLoaiza
04-20-2005, 02:33 PM
Minus the spelling of Podsednik's name, I thought that was a pretty fair assessment of the White Sox chances this year. Alot has to depend on Podsednik succeeding and Contreras/El Duque having good years. However, that would not be the only thing that the Sox rely on this year to win.

6 out of the 22 questions being about the Cubs is pretty ridiculous. It kind of reminds me of what one of my friends said to me the other day. "Being a White Sox fan is starting to become the cool thing to do". Those 6 questions are definitely evidence against that statement.

Iwritecode
04-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Gary Miller: I don't know if I would say overrated, his performance in Cincy has become kind of his trademark -- lucky to get 6 innings in, throw about 100 pitches and have trouble protecting a lead. I would agree that his reputation is greater than his results.

:?:

I wonder what his definition of "overrated" is then...

skottyj242
04-20-2005, 02:42 PM
To tell you the truth I don't think getting Pod's name wrong is all that big of a deal, I know when most of these guys do these things they're not actually typing this stuff out themselves. They're dictating it to a secretary or someone that may not have as big a wealth of third year players in a small market as we do.

Corlose 15
04-20-2005, 02:44 PM
I think being a White Sox fan is a pretty cool thing to do.:bandance:

maurice
04-20-2005, 02:49 PM
"Gary Miller: I don't know if I would say overrated . . . . I would agree that his reputation is greater than his results."

:?:
I wonder what his definition of "overrated" is then...

LOL!

jabrch
04-20-2005, 03:34 PM
To tell you the truth I don't think getting Pod's name wrong is all that big of a deal, I know when most of these guys do these things they're not actually typing this stuff out themselves. They're dictating it to a secretary or someone that may not have as big a wealth of third year players in a small market as we do.

That is just flat out unacceptable. Ths is The Worldwide Leader in Sports Entertainment - not some rinkydink 2 man outfit somewhere.

MRKARNO
04-20-2005, 03:44 PM
I dont think his assessment is correct. If Podsednik fails (assuming Dye and Rowand succeed) then the White Sox will have no qualms about putting a Dye, Everett, Rowand outfield on the field most nights. If Contreras is failing by such a large degree, McCarthy is ready to be called up from AAA.

SoxxoS
04-20-2005, 05:41 PM
That is just flat out unacceptable. Ths is The Worldwide Leader in Sports Entertainment - not some rinkydink 2 man outfit somewhere.

Absolutely. If Gary Miller himself isn't typing out the answers, then get someone who knows baseball to do it. He didn't get any other names wrong, either.