PDA

View Full Version : David Cassidy in the radio booth

32nd&Wallace
04-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Did anyone hear this interview? Did anyone else but me think this guy was really phony? Strange parts of the interview were:
1). Ed Farmer mentions his wife and David Cassidy graduating from the same graduating class. Farmer mentioned the high school reunion and started to say "the affair was held at ...." Naming the hotel where the reception was held. When Farmer started to say the affair, Cassidy cut him off and started to say "careful!." As if Farmer would make a joke about David Cassidy and his wife having an affair.
2). Cassidy seemed like a knowledgable baseball guy but I think he was trying too hard to sell himself, even though he kept saying he had nothing to promote and was just in town to see the city. Anyways, when Luis Visczaiono came into pitch Farmer asked Cassidy "do you know about this guy" to which Cassidy said "you bet I do" and nothing beyond that. Farmer filled him in on Vinzcaino's stats and Cassidy pretended to act like he had heard of him based on what Farmer was telling him.
3). Cassidy also committed himself to coming back multiple times over the summer and even doing Rooney's Talking Baseball show.

Anyone else find anything in the broadcast that was odd?

batmanZoSo
04-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Anyone else find anything in the broadcast that was odd?

Yes. David Cassidy for one.

kojak
04-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Where is Danny Bonaduce when you need him???

Fenway
04-20-2005, 02:45 PM
I heard the second half of it and wondered who the heck this person was.

I heard him say "I see my Yankees are now ahead 19-8 " :angry:

PatK
04-20-2005, 02:46 PM
It woulda been sweet if they called him Dave.

He was on Kevin Matthews once and Mo Driver kept calling him Dave instead of David, and David went totally nuts and said he'd punch him in the mouth if he called him Dave one more time.

MarkM2112
04-20-2005, 03:01 PM
Well, all I know is that for the entire week, he is doing the morning show on Oldies 104.3, and he was TOTALLY gushing about what a great time he had at the Sox game, and what a great game it was, and beating the Twinkies (yeah, he said it...). Even though he admitted being a yankees fan, (understandable, since he grew up in new york) he said that he really loves baseball, and had a blast at both games. He was like "you should have been at the game! It was great". If anything, he was very enthusiastic.

NonetheLoaiza
04-20-2005, 03:26 PM
It woulda been sweet if they called him Dave.

He was on Kevin Matthews once and Mo Driver kept calling him Dave instead of David, and David went totally nuts and said he'd punch him in the mouth if he called him Dave one more time.

Kind of like Jim Everett being called Chris Evert by Jim Rome? Man, that interview was sweet...

Ol' No. 2
04-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Well, all I know is that for the entire week, he is doing the morning show on Oldies 104.3, and he was TOTALLY gushing about what a great time he had at the Sox game, and what a great game it was, and beating the Twinkies (yeah, he said it...). Even though he admitted being a yankees fan, (understandable, since he grew up in new york) he said that he really loves baseball, and had a blast at both games. He was like "you should have been at the game! It was great". If anything, he was very enthusiastic.He threw out the first ball on Monday. He must be plugging something.

Fenway
04-20-2005, 03:34 PM
He threw out the first ball on Monday. He must be plugging something.

He is

from his web site

http://www.davidcassidy.com/index.html

As many of you know, I'm guest hosting a radio show in Chicago this week, the DVD of the first season of the Partridge Family comes out May 3 on Sony, and then I leave for the UK in June for a two week tour. Fortunately, Beau will be out of school so our family can be together in England.

LongLiveFisk
04-20-2005, 03:36 PM
I saw him on tv this morning (Fox Thing In The Morning? Robin Robinson) and he was wearing a Sox jersey that had his last name and 05 on the back. She said something to the effect of, "Why is this Yankee fan wearing a Sox jersey...we'll tell you after this break." But then I had to go to work, so I missed it.

eriqjaffe
04-20-2005, 04:24 PM
Anyways, when Luis Visczaiono came into pitch Farmer asked Cassidy "do you know about this guy" to which Cassidy said "you bet I do" and nothing beyond that. Farmer filled him in on Vinzcaino's stats and Cassidy pretended to act like he had heard of him based on what Farmer was telling him.Cassidy also asked if Luis Vizcaino is related to Jose Vizcaino.

HITMEN OF 77
04-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Cassidy kept talking about the ballpark in Arlington and the realting things back to the Yankees. He'd been better of singing "Rock Me Baby"

DumpJerry
04-20-2005, 07:04 PM
I was at both Twins games this week. My friends and I on Monday were surprised at how little he is. I thought he would be a batboy with his 05 jersey number. He really got into that first pitch he threw on Monday.

scottyl
04-20-2005, 10:47 PM
I was driving in the car for business and listened to the whole game. I thought he was a good guest in the booth. I appreciated that he was a Yankees fan but gave our team and our ballpark a lot of credit and positive talk. I enjoyed listening. Sounds like some around here didn't, but I don't think I've ever seen a thread where there aren't complaints, so I guess it is to be expected.

Rocklive99
04-20-2005, 11:14 PM
When he was in the booth he said he wasn't plugging anything, but just visiting Chicago and traveling around, and that he loves baseball. It was kind of fun to listen to, I didn't even know who he was though, I'm too young.

He said he was going to come back with his son when we play the Cubs, and try to sing the anthem (I'm not sure if he said anthem or 7th inning stretch. It would've been funny if he said 7th inning stretch because there was a little bit of dead air after that was said)

BarbG
04-20-2005, 11:29 PM
...I didn't even know who he was though, I'm too young.

We were there Monday night when he threw out the first pitch, I thought it was funny/cute - my 16-year-old daughter looked at me and said, "Who the heck is David Cassidy?"

Thank you for saying that. I'm not old. You guys are just young. :smile:

HawkISox
04-21-2005, 09:28 AM
I heard the guy too. I think he is a baseball fan. It might have been a little self promotion to keep his name out there, but it was not over the top.

Its still better than the fools the Cubs bring in.

I want Mags back
04-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Is he on the WSI list of celbrity Sox fans. I dont think i saw him on it

chisoxfan64
04-21-2005, 09:43 AM
When I heard him on the radio, I was like what the heck is he doing in the Sox booth? But after listening for a while I thought it was pretty good. He was at least able to keep the conversation going and seemed very enthused about the whole experience. I think I`d rather listen to him than DJ.

DaleJRFan
04-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Kind of like Jim Everett being called Chris Evert by Jim Rome? Man, that interview was sweet...

Too bad it was completely staged.

HITMEN OF 77
04-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Too bad it was completely staged.

That was staged? News to me.