PDA

View Full Version : Weird Twins site

Flight #24
04-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Check this out: http://www.bat-girl.com/

Kind of annoying, especially the way she terms the Sox "Bitch Sox", but it gets kind of funny to read her recap the Sox wins & justify why the losses don't matter.

If this belongs in "Whats' the Score", I trust it will be moved.

kojak
04-20-2005, 02:04 PM
I tripped over this link to Bat-girl (http://www.bat-girl.com)
while reading the Page 2 Power Rankings.

She is pretty funny, despite her "pet name" for the Sox.

Particularly hilarious was the section "It's All Fun and Games Until Carl Everett Hits the Ball 800 Feet"- you'll need to scroll down a bit...

Not bad for a Twins fan

Flight #24
04-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Nice timing, I just posted this in TB. I assume someone will merge in whatever the correct place is deemed to be.

batmanZoSo
04-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Batgirl's a batmoron. What a ditz.

Baby Fisk
04-20-2005, 02:33 PM
What's worse, someone who spends all their time putting that together, or someone interested enough to read all that pointless babble? I wonder how her kitty-cats are coping with the sweep. :rolleyes:

Tekijawa
04-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Just to let you guys know, they play Duck, Duck, Gray Duck in Minnesota. There was a Huge semi-arguement on the L on the way home about weather the game was called Duck duck goose or duck duck gray duck... Those people are wierd!

Mickster
04-20-2005, 02:47 PM
I sent her a nice email. :smile:

whitesoxwilkes
04-20-2005, 02:53 PM
I sent her a nice email. :smile:

Batgirl is a funny site, and the woman behind it is a pretty good novelist...which carries through to her writing on her TwinkieBlog.

I've corresponded with her on numerous occasions, and she's always been very nice to me. If I can ask one favor of my fellow WSIers...please please PLEASE do not troll her site. Professional courtesy. If I find out that someone's over there giving Sox fans a bad name, there will be consequences.

Unregistered
04-20-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm still trying to figure out in what reality "The Bitch Sox" is even remotely clever. Seriously, it's not the White Sox fan in me talking. If I overheard someone calling the Sox that, I would tear them down in about 30 seconds just for being so unoriginal and lame.

SOXintheBURGH
04-20-2005, 03:07 PM
For the love of god..

Do yourself a favor and read one of the game threads. It's wretched. I just scrolled through Game 1 with Lohse vs. Conteras. They all have these cutesy fartsy nicknames, like "Sweet Cheeks" and "Meower" and "Cuddy."

In fact, don't.

ma-gaga
04-20-2005, 04:08 PM
Do yourself a favor and read one of the game threads. It's wretched. I just scrolled through Game 1 with Lohse vs. Conteras. They all have these cutesy fartsy nicknames, like "Sweet Cheeks" and "Meower" and "Cuddy."

In fact, don't.

It's a feminine baseball site. She does "Hot or Not", and starts talking about asses and smiles and muscle tone. It makes me a little uncomfortable.

But it's a hell of a good site. There is not a funnier baseball site online. If someone else has anything that is even comparible, I'd love to see it.

:gulp: You have to see the "legovision".

MRKARNO
04-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Speaking of Twins' fans responses to this latest series, look at the extensive comments that Aaron Gleeman had on the second game:

www.aarongleeman.com
I don't want to talk about it (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=250419104). Fourteen hits. One run (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=250419104). At least Johan is on the mound today.

This from someone who usually writes 5-10 paragraphs about each game. :D:

Iwritecode
04-20-2005, 04:54 PM
But it's a hell of a good site. There is not a funnier baseball site online. If someone else has anything that is even comparible, I'd love to see it.

I have to admit, even with the "totally biased" Twins theme there were a couple of parts that made me LOL.

So, these games tend to take on a little more import for Batgirl, and she can be forgiven for settling down in front of the BatTV at about 4pm tonight and beginning to mutter to herself and rock back and forth. Though today, it seemed her pain would ease early when Bitch Sox starter Jose Contreras pitched as if he had BatKitties in his freakin' pants. (They are awfully wiggly, you see. There was this one time…oh, never mind…) Contreras loaded the bases in the first inning, giving up back-to-back walks to Chairman Sideburns and Big LeRoy. It was all so pretty, all those strapping young Twins on all those Bitch Sox bases--with just one out!-- and Batgirl was just awash in the beauty of it, she sat in her BatCouch and hugged herself and reveled, yes, she reveled, and Torii Hunter, he reveled too, he got up to bat and he reveled and he was so busy freakin' reveling that he didn't pay any attention to NOT HITTING INTO A FREAKIN' DOUBLE PLAY and as we all know Torii Hunter has to pay special attention not to HIT INTO A DOUBLE PLAY, he has to put on a whole special NO HITTING INTO A DOUBLE PLAY HAT and he has to STRAP THE HAT ON and maybe ADD SOME GLUE and he forgot the DAMN HAT! Where is the DAMN HAT?

...and then in the bottom of the sixth, well, Carl Everett came up again, and that is where Kyle Lohse really could have used the composure hat. For Carl Everett has been owning us, he's owned us for so long the mortgage is totally paid off, he could take out a second mortgage and THAT would be paid off, and Carl Everett already hit a homer off Lohse earlier in the game and Lohse knew that and all he wanted to do was NOT give up another homer to Carl Everett, because Everett is big and scary and there's a runner on base and if he gave up another homer to Everett the Twins would be behind by two and Batgirl would make fun of him and nobody wants that. So Kyle Lohse closed his eyes and concentrated very hard on how much it would suck if he gave up a homer to Carl Everett and then he reared back and threw the ball. And…and…and…

Lohse gave up a home run to Everett. A really, really, really big home run to Everett. The sort of home run where everyone in the park just stops what they're doing and turns and looks and says, "Damn. That was a big home run." (Unless you are Matthew LeCroy, in which case you say, "Dang.") And Batgirl said some things, well, she said some things that cannot be taken back.

StepsInSC
04-20-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm still trying to figure out in what reality "The Bitch Sox" is even remotely clever. Seriously, it's not the White Sox fan in me talking. If I overheard someone calling the Sox that, I would tear them down in about 30 seconds just for being so unoriginal and lame.

Regardless, I did get a laugh from "US Bitchular Field"

MeanFish
04-20-2005, 05:00 PM
Legovision had me falling out of my chair. Literally.

mweflen
04-20-2005, 05:04 PM
pretty funny, but very few of these people know baseball in the slightest.

I prefer our bitter, knowledgable fans to their funny, ill-informed ones.

p.s. "Bitch Sox" is a retarded nickname. Am I supposed to be offended by this, or just confused? How about Sweat Sox, or Blight Sox, or something even remotely relating to/rhyming with their actual name/history?

SOX ADDICT '73
04-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Minus all the "Bat-kitty" and "Bitch Sox" crap, she's actually a pretty good writer. Of course, I was enjoying her subject matter immensely - something tells me her recaps wouldn't be quite so entertaining if the Sox had been on the losing end of those games.

ma-gaga
04-20-2005, 05:10 PM
Legovision "brawl" between the White Sox and the Twins.

http://www.bat-girl.com/archives/000348.html

Don't say I didn't warn you...

StockdaleForVeep
04-20-2005, 05:11 PM
::after viewing that site::

"And suddenly im so painfully bored"

BridgePortNative
04-20-2005, 05:26 PM
the only thing I got to say is.........WHAT THE HELL???????

"The Legovision"................................................:? :
Maybe a little too much time on her hands

the_valenstache
04-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Legovision "brawl" between the White Sox and the Twins.

http://www.bat-girl.com/archives/000348.html

Don't say I didn't warn you...

Two words: Darth Thomas.:roflmao:

Someone needs to make a humorous White Sox site better than this one before I start ripping it. A Twinks loss seems to bring out her humor all the more, so I see nothing wrong with our team continuing to give her inspiration. :D:

kojak
04-20-2005, 07:48 PM
I have to admit, even with the "totally biased" Twins theme there were a couple of parts that made me LOL.

Indeed, Iwritecode, those were the very funniest parts! Definitely LOL stuff!

I may have to go there as a habit after every White Sox sweep!

SOX ADDICT '73
04-20-2005, 09:55 PM
"The Legovision"...Maybe a little too much time on her hands
Somebody should tell her that Damaso's a lefty.

I'm sick of all these media-types not doing their research!

DiGiSyKo
04-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Somebody should tell her that Damaso's a lefty.

Somebody should tell her Koskie bats lefty.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Somebody should tell her Koskie bats lefty.
Ha! Too funny...she's apparently about as die-hard as a lot of Flubs fans I know.

SOXSINCE'70
04-21-2005, 06:53 PM
For the love of god..

This makes them sound like sCrUBbie fans.

This is the reason I refuse to call Aaron Rowand "A-Row",
Scott Podsednik "Pod-zilla" or even call Paul Konerko
"Paulie". The last thing I need is the sCrUBinization
(if there is such a word) of the White Sox.The (poison) ivy
by the Fan deck is bad enough.

:chunks

fquaye149
04-21-2005, 09:08 PM
hm.

She strikes me as a third-rate "bunny" who in and of herself is a third-rate tucker max.

She clearly knows how to write, which is a nice start...but some of her devices were just so poorly contrived (her f'ing cats) that reading it would have been painful whether it were about the twins, the nationals or even the white sox. imagine bafiarocks writing a blog about d.j.

I would agree that there's no reason to send her hatemail. I mean, *****...would you send jeremyb hatemail?

oh boy, lots of inside internet references in this post. I feel so "1337"

MeanFish
04-21-2005, 09:13 PM
hm.

She strikes me as a third-rate "bunny" who in and of herself is a third-rate tucker max.

She clearly knows how to write, which is a nice start...but some of her devices were just so poorly contrived (her f'ing cats) that reading it would have been painful whether it were about the twins, the nationals or even the white sox. imagine bafiarocks writing a blog about d.j.

I would agree that there's no reason to send her hatemail. I mean, *****...would you send jeremyb hatemail?

oh boy, lots of inside internet references in this post. I feel so "1337"

It sure is a good thing that we pwned the Twins. :D:

gobears1987
04-21-2005, 09:26 PM
http://www.bat-girl.com/archives/000483.html
ROFLMAO. THis is hilarious. Doubt it will happen again now that Pudge lost the weight.

woodenleg
04-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Gee, I wonder why she calls them the 'Bitch Sox' and Bitch this and Bitch that?

Thanks for the link. I'll keep my eye on it. It really isn't all that funny.

spiffie
04-23-2005, 11:04 AM

Of course, calling the group of people on the North side of Chicago the Flubs or the Scrubs, or referring to Sham-my Sosa, or any of the other pretty easy nicknames we use for our enemies is cool.

Hatred seems to kill cleverness. I know trying to talk about the Twins makes me lose any grasp of the English language about 60% of the time, reducing me to grunting and setting things on fire.

fquaye149
04-23-2005, 11:23 AM
Of course, calling the group of people on the North side of Chicago the Flubs or the Scrubs, or referring to Sham-my Sosa, or any of the other pretty easy nicknames we use for our enemies is cool.

Hatred seems to kill cleverness. I know trying to talk about the Twins makes me lose any grasp of the English language about 60% of the time, reducing me to grunting and setting things on fire.

here's the thing buckwheat: flubs and scrubs rhyme with cubs. It's no shakespeherian skewering, true. but it's not like call them the crapcago cubs or something.

The point is bitch and white have nothing to do with eachother. Nor is there anything about sox that makes bitch a double entendre either.

It would be like us calling them the stupidisota twins - it is not a clever name at all, much like most of her writing.