PDA

View Full Version : Twins decide they want the law of averages on their side now

SoxxoS
04-20-2005, 12:54 PM
From the St. Paul Pioneer press (reg. required...just go to bugmenot.com)

TorII is a douche (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/baseball/11438370.htm)

"I think it's more bad luck than anything,'' Hunter said. "Guys are getting hits, just not getting hits in the right situation.''

And the situations were there constantly. The Twins left 22 runners on base in the two games 12 on Tuesday.

"We had way too many chances not to win at least one game, maybe two, here,'' Gardenhire said. "I promise you we will be better down the road. It's going to go our way eventually. We've got too many good players here.''

The simple law of averages suggests it's almost impossible to put together as many scoring opportunities as the Twins did the past two games and come away with so little.

How about the fact that 3 people in our lineup are actually hitting the ball with any consistancy? Law of averages say that will change by August.:bandance:

MRKARNO
04-20-2005, 01:02 PM
The law of averages also says that it's more likely that the Twins will continue to strand runners like they did than to be as efficient at it (getting 5 straight singles with 2 outs with 3 of them bloops or infield singles) as they have been over the past 3 years.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-20-2005, 01:12 PM
The Law of Averages says that Toriiii and the Twiiiins won't get an opportuniiiity to stop whiiiiniiiing about thiiiis untiiiil August 15.

:cool:

GiveMeSox
04-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Law Of Averages, Law of Average!! This coming from the luckiest team known to man. Lets see this team gets more bloop hits than any team I have seen, more turf hits than any team I have seen, etc. This team constantly lets is home-grown talent go and trades away its fan favorites every time there is a payday only to replace them with bench players and rookies. AJ, Mienkevietch, Guzman, Koskie, and more all gone becuase of $$. All replaced with minor leagers or bench players who of course come in and do better than their veteran players, its bound to catch up to you at some point. There Cy pitcher was a no name until a year ago, and then just broke out. Dont talk to me about Law Of Averages twinkies becuase by its rule not only should you not have won 3 years in a row but you should definatly not win it again this year.

mdep524
04-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Tell Toriiiii to tell his teammate Lew Ford that the law of averages says all those swinging bunts and bloops he gets against the Sox are bound to start being outs!

batmanZoSo
04-20-2005, 01:29 PM
The law of averages tells me that Terry Tiffee, Nick Punto, and Corky Miller suck. How dare they try to contend for the division with players like that. :cool:

Irishsox1
04-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Maybe losing Koskie, Guzman, Hawkins, Pierzinski, Meinkevich, Milton, Lawton, Ortiz, Kielty, Hocking and Guardado might be the problem.

And as for averaging out, why can't it finally average out in the White Sox favor? For years the Twins would only put 6 runners on, but score 5 of them to beat the Sox 5 to 4? What changed is the Twins lost a lot of good players and the Sox got better pitching and defense. Yes, the Twins are putting men on, but the Sox pitching is better when it matters.

P.S. - Thank you Torri Hunter for finally misplaying a ball in the outfield. I guess that makes 38 lucky plays by Hunter and only 1 bad play. The way I see it, he's gonna have to make a lot of bad plays for it to finally "average" out.

SoxxoS
04-20-2005, 01:38 PM
P.S. - Thank you Torri Hunter for finally misplaying a ball in the outfield. I guess that makes 38 lucky plays by Hunter and only 1 bad play. The way I see it, he's gonna have to make a lot of bad plays for it to finally "average" out.

So true.

Rocklive99
04-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Ha, I remember in the past, it'd be our players and coaches who would say this kind of stuff, look how it worked out for us? I'm just happy to be on the other side of it

bobj4400
04-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Ha, I remember in the past, it'd be our players and coaches who would say this kind of stuff, look how it worked out for us? I'm just happy to be on the other side of it

EXACTLY!!! Our guys spent the last 3 years whining and crying and riding these kind of statements right into 2nd place each year. Maybe the shoe is finally on the other foot.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-24-2005, 01:15 AM
The MOST OBVIOUS law of average has to say you won't win another division title this year.........take that back to the hood.

Banix12
04-24-2005, 01:36 AM
The simple law of averages suggests it's almost impossible to put together as many scoring opportunities as the Twins did the past two games and come away with so little.

It is possible, the cubs have been doing the exact same thing since the start of last season. Not only is it possible, a team can keep it up for over a year.

SOXSINCE'70
04-24-2005, 11:47 AM
The Law of Averages says that Toriiii and the Twiiiins won't get an opportuniiiity to stop whiiiiniiiing about thiiiis untiiiil August 15.

:cool:

Now Toriiiiii says he's going to add base stealing to his game plan.

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH,I'M SOOOOOOOOO SCARED!!!

NOT!!

Let's see what happens in August and September before
bragging rights are declared.:angry: :angry:

TDog
04-24-2005, 12:25 PM
Funny that no one says the Twinks were lucky to win two one-run games in their last at bats against the Royals last week.

TheBull19
04-24-2005, 06:40 PM
AJ, Mienkevietch, Guzman, Koskie, and more all gone becuase of $$.

Or because they stink

GiveMeSox
04-24-2005, 08:32 PM
Maybe losing Koskie, Guzman, Hawkins, Pierzinski, Meinkevich, Milton, Lawton, Ortiz, Kielty, Hocking and Guardado might be the problem.

And as for averaging out, why can't it finally average out in the White Sox favor? For years the Twins would only put 6 runners on, but score 5 of them to beat the Sox 5 to 4? What changed is the Twins lost a lot of good players and the Sox got better pitching and defense. Yes, the Twins are putting men on, but the Sox pitching is better when it matters.

Dont forget Travis Hafner too. Its amazing to me how many (big $$) guys the twins have gotten rid of the past few years and still done what they have done. They should consider themselves lucky that have gotten away with it for so long. Jacque Jones wont be able to drive in game trying runs in the 9th by hitting high turf choppers, which would be outs anywhere else, all the time. If i was a player for the twins I would be scared the twins seem the least commited to retaining their veterans and paying their players money they deserve. No wonder they never make any free agent acquistions, no free agent wants to go there with that kind of job security, its amazing the AAA replacements have been so good for them so long. THE LAW OF AVERAGES STATES THAT IN THE LONG RUN IT WILL EVEN OUT AND THE TWINS WILL NOT WIN BY CASTING OUT VETERANS AND REPLACING THEM WITH MINOR LEAGUERS!!!