PDA

View Full Version : Comcast Censors Broadcast, Doesn't Show Carrie Woods Going Nuts in Dugout

cheeses_h_rice
04-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Boers & Bernstein were discussing this Paul Sullivan article (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-0504200303apr20,1,3581486.story?coll=cs-home-headlines) today and are trying to get more info.

Wood went on a bat-swinging rampage in a corner of the Cubs' dugout, taking out his frustration on some inanimate objects shortly after being removed from the game after six innings. Wood had served up a two-run, broken-bat single to Rich Aurilia that tied the game 5-5 before going into a rage. The wild scene was captured by a nearby TV camera, but fortunately for Wood, Comcast SportsNet chose not to air the tape during its broadcast and the local Cincinnati affiliate didn't use it either.

Gee, the network partially owned by the Flubs wouldn't be trying not to show the big, bad side of crybaby Carrie, would it?

Kogs35
04-20-2005, 11:18 AM
Boers & Bernstein were discussing this Paul Sullivan article (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-0504200303apr20,1,3581486.story?coll=cs-home-headlines) today and are trying to get more info.

Gee, the network partially owned by the Flubs wouldn't be trying not to show the big, bad side of crybaby Carrie, would it?

Silvy and carmen are also talking about it

Hangar18
04-20-2005, 11:20 AM

How many times in the last few years, has the Chinese state-run tv network, er, I mean Chicago Media covered things like this up? Instead ESPN
reports how "Wood throws solid" or "Wood almost ready" instead of reporting
it for what it was, a poorly thrown game / loss on his part

Ol' No. 2
04-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Any phone casualties?:redneck

eriqjaffe
04-20-2005, 12:22 PM
Any phone casualties?:redneckNo, but seven boom boxes met their untimely demise.

dcb33
04-20-2005, 12:57 PM

They'll continue to cover for Carrie until they have reason to railroad him like they did with Shammy...

SOXSINCE'70
04-20-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm not happy about this.I like to see a pitcher (or position player)
get frustrated and angry once in a while.We all feel this way at
certain points.This is almost as bad as those new tv sets being sold
with "v-chips" to censor what programs kids watch.I can't help
but think of Eric Cartman in "South Park:The Movie" walking
around with a "v-chip" inserted in his head to prevent him from
swearing.Very humorous in 1999;extremely relevant and
scary today.:(:

SOXintheBURGH
04-20-2005, 01:04 PM
Poor Balsa Wood.. Has he already allowed more runners across the plate than Duque and Buehrle combined?

batmanZoSo
04-20-2005, 01:22 PM
From the AP:

In Kerry Woods's's Tuesday night crybaby eruption, he let loose his rage on inanimate dugout objects. He is being charged with Gatorcide in the first degree by the family of Fruit Punch...

Fake Chet Lemon
04-20-2005, 01:43 PM

Just imagine if Frank Thomas had done this. It would have been shown over, and over, and over, and.........and he'd be a jerk who now wouldn't deserve Hall of Fame consideration, and......am I right or am I right? Jeez!

Lip Man 1
04-20-2005, 02:38 PM
I think I saw the pictures of him in the dugout during SportsCenter or Comcast SportsNite. They showed Wood angry in the dugout throwing his glove on to the bench.

Lip

Irishsox1
04-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Comcast should have shown it. If he was going after a teammate that's one thing, but he was spazing out against a watercooler. Show it!!!

gosox41
04-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Comcast should have shown it. If he was going after a teammate that's one thing, but he was spazing out against a watercooler. Show it!!!

Totall agree. Wait until a Sox player spazzes out. It'll be all over the sports because it's a negative event. When the Cubs do it, it's just glossed over and spun.

Bob

DrCrawdad
04-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Just imagine if Frank Thomas had done this. It would have been shown over, and over, and over, and.........and he'd be a jerk who now wouldn't deserve Hall of Fame consideration, and......am I right or am I right? Jeez!

I was thinking the same thing.

Frank gets no respect.

soxwon
04-20-2005, 11:05 PM

if that was a sox player it would make headlines.

SoxxoS
04-21-2005, 12:07 AM
Totall agree. Wait until a Sox player spazzes out. It'll be all over the sports because it's a negative event. When the Cubs do it, it's just glossed over and spun.

Bob

The first game back for Frank and he will accidentally knock over a Gatorade cooler, and stories will be in the media in .002 seconds on how he was about to "attack Ozzie in a rage."

chuckn98229
04-21-2005, 05:05 AM
How many times in the last few years, has the Chinese state-run tv network, er, I mean Chicago Media covered things like this up? Instead ESPN
reports how "Wood throws solid" or "Wood almost ready" instead of reporting
it for what it was, a poorly thrown game / loss on his part

Quite funny - I was in China last year, and there was a story on CNN about Taiwan having a plebescite on independence. All of a sudden, the TV went blank - and did not 'recover' until that story was finished! I asked our tour guide (who cannot be tour guides unless licensed by the government) about this and he said it was just a 'coincidence'. I guess this lesson is not lost on the Tass/Pravda of Chicago media.

PatK
04-21-2005, 10:30 AM
They'll continue to cover for Carrie until they have reason to railroad him like they did with Shammy...

dcb33 has just broadcast the correct uncensored and unfiltered.

Lip Man 1
04-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Greg Couch talks about this incident and the 'coverage' of it in his Sun-Times Thursday column.

Lip