PDA

View Full Version : Cubune can't ignore Sox any longer

NWSox
04-20-2005, 12:57 AM
Here's a nice column by Rick Morrissey in Cubune on Wed. (online on Tues. for Left Coast). Seems he likes the new Sox attitude.

Linky (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-050419morrissey,1,5288093.column?coll=cs-whitesox-utility)

doublem23
04-20-2005, 01:02 AM
Still not that fun to watch? :rolleyes: Whatever. Sounds like sour grapes.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/thumbnails/columnist/2002-04/2565201.jpg
Losing at Wrigley is more fun than winning at the Cell.

batmanZoSo
04-20-2005, 01:03 AM
Here's a nice column by Rick Morrissey in Cubune on Wed. (online on Tues. for Left Coast). Seems he likes the new Sox attitude.

Linky (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-050419morrissey,1,5288093.column?coll=cs-whitesox-utility)

"If he's going to block the plate, I'm going to do everything in my power to get to the plate," Crede said.

Augh! I love it. Add a few profanities in there and you have a Ty Cobb quote.

This is a rare good article all around. Nice effort by Crede, but some time before the season ends, I want real revenge from somebody. That Mauer loves to block the plate, he should know the risks. Keep it clean and go for it.

mealfred13
04-20-2005, 01:05 AM
"Allball" I like it...:supernana:

NWSox
04-20-2005, 01:06 AM
Still not that fun to watch? :rolleyes: Whatever. Sounds like sour grapes.

He was comparing watching a Sox game to watching Cindy Crawford (not that he deserves the benefit of the doubt). Strange analogy.

batmanZoSo
04-20-2005, 01:08 AM
He was comparing watching a Sox game to watching Cindy Crawford (not that he deserves the benefit of the doubt). Strange analogy.

No Sox game is ever boring to me, but I can see it with a lot of these games so far. We do have a ton of hitless innings.

elrod
04-20-2005, 01:19 AM
I like the gist of Morrissey's article but man, he is a terrible writer.

chisoxfanatic
04-20-2005, 01:32 AM
This is a rare good article all around. Nice effort by Crede, but some time before the season ends, I want real revenge from somebody. That Mauer loves to block the plate, he should know the risks. Keep it clean and go for it.

The best "revenge" would be to kick their cans on the scoreboard and in the standings. Resorting to what they've done in the past just brings our team down to their low level...unnecessary!

batmanZoSo
04-20-2005, 01:38 AM
The best "revenge" would be to kick their cans on the scoreboard and in the standings. Resorting to what they've done in the past just brings our team down to their low level...unnecessary!

Both are very necessary. What the hell is wrong with playing the game hard? This is modern day wuss-ball run amok. And notice I said to keep it clean, not "stoop to their level" and go out of our way to knock over a catcher who's not blocking the plate, which is exactly what Hunter did. I do NOT advocate cheap shots from either side. Mauer loves to block it and that's great, all catchers should, but every once in a while they're gonna pay.

faneidde
04-20-2005, 07:53 AM
"Allball" I like it...:supernana:
I agree. I think that could stick, it sounds a lot better than smartball. White Sox Baseball 2005: Playing Allball!

mdep524
04-20-2005, 09:29 AM
"Allball" I like it...:supernana: Here's a third vote for "Allball." I like it. :cheers:

shoota
04-20-2005, 09:45 AM

Running over a catcher is part of the game. It's a clean play because catchers have the choice of not getting hit by simply not blocking the plate.

And a fourth for Allball. Nice job Morrissey.

SoxWillWin
04-20-2005, 12:36 PM
AllBall sounds good to me.

Unregistered
04-20-2005, 12:47 PM
:moron
"They may play 'Allball,' but as long as it is played in that horrible BALL MALL, no one cares!"