PDA

View Full Version : It's a miracle

mealfred13
04-20-2005, 12:40 AM
Harold Reynolds, of all people, just said that Konerko was "ripped off" last year for not making it to the All-Star team while they showed his homerun from today's game during the Web Gems on BT....*and breathe*...

Tragg
04-20-2005, 12:43 AM
Good shot this year; Yanks suck and Joe Torre won't be doing the pickin

mealfred13
04-20-2005, 12:46 AM

Amen to that. I can't stand Joe "Use the All-Star game as an excuse to recruit new players from other teams" Torre.

batmanZoSo
04-20-2005, 12:47 AM

Francona doesn't have some problem with us, does he?

daveeym
04-20-2005, 12:55 AM
Francona doesn't have some problem with us, does he?Low blow there CARL. :wink:

Shorty1983
04-20-2005, 01:02 AM
05' All Star picks

Buehrle-Konerko-Iguchi

DumpJerry
04-20-2005, 01:11 AM
I heard Harold Reynolds make his comment tonight as well. Good thing I was sitting down when I heard it. Funny thing, however, after they came back from a commercial break, Harold had a black eye and Gammons was seen in the backgound rubbing his knuckles.......

Shorty1983
04-20-2005, 01:44 AM
I heard Harold Reynolds make his comment tonight as well. Good thing I was sitting down when I heard it. Funny thing, however, after they came back from a commercial break, Harold had a black eye and Gammons was seen in the backgound rubbing his knuckles.......

:kneeslap: The Krukster also took a busted lip from gammons, there all scumbags who favor home run hitters. Reynolds speaks little truth once in while, PK got screwed and every true baseball analyst/critic know's it.

batmanZoSo
04-20-2005, 01:46 AM
05' All Star picks

Buehrle-Konerko-Iguchi

'05 REALITY All Star picks....

Maybe Buehrle.

Cowch44
04-20-2005, 01:46 AM
Ugh, I was SO mad last year when Giambi made it with his worse than Crede stats.:angry:

Cowch44
04-20-2005, 01:47 AM

Maybe Buehrle.

Iguchi'll be getting a lot of votes from over seas.:D:

batmanZoSo
04-20-2005, 01:51 AM
Ugh, I was SO mad last year when Giambi made it with his worse than Crede stats.:angry:

Ugh. Thanks for reminding me. What an unbelievable sham that game is. Good point on Iguchi, I didn't think about that. But I don't know, that Ronnie Belliard sure is tearing up the league...

doublem23
04-20-2005, 01:52 AM

It's OK. I'm sure Francona will load the team with 9-10 Red Sox because that's the team America wants to see now. Maybe he can coax Selig into letting Dave Roberts and Derek Lowe represent the Red Sox for their contribution to last year's title.

:chunks

I'd be happy with Buehrle and Konerko on the A.L. Squad.

Shorty1983
04-20-2005, 01:52 AM

Maybe Buehrle.

:?: Are you the troll that hijacked zoso's comp? Hmm.

Buehrle is a definite all star pick.

doublem23
04-20-2005, 01:55 AM

I don't think Buehrle is a definite yet. He may as well pitch on Saturn for all the media exposure he gets and he doesn't have any sexy stats like strikeouts and what not. Chicks dig Ks, not IPs. :cool:

Now, if he keeps up this pace, yes, he will, but if he has another season like the last few he's had, I'd say he's a toss-up.

Shorty1983
04-20-2005, 01:59 AM
I don't think Buehrle is a definite yet. He may as well pitch on Saturn for all the media exposure he gets and he doesn't have any sexy stats like strikeouts and what not. Chicks dig Ks, not IPs. :cool:

Now, if he keeps up this pace, yes, he will, but if he has another season like the last few he's had, I'd say he's a toss-up.

If Loaiza got in, no doubt Buehrle will be a guarantee.

batmanZoSo
04-20-2005, 02:23 AM
:?: Are you the troll that hijacked zoso's comp? Hmm.

Cute. No, he's been terminated...with extreme prejudice.

What I mean is, we'll be lucky to get one just like every other year. I'm sure we'll have at least two or three that truly deserve it.

Banix12
04-20-2005, 02:23 AM
Two things screwed over Konerko last year

1) The fans who voted Giambi to be the starter, despite his .200 average.

2) The Royals trading Carlos Beltran right before the all star break, leaving them with only one player who anybody could reason to put on the all star team 1b Ken Harvey who had a great first half.

If the fans do a idiotic move again and vote in Jason Giambi, he could be easily snubbed again. And I can see that happening, especially if Yankees fans angry at the idea of a Red Sox manager picking players try to stuff the ballot box with every yankee on the ballot.

Also with a Red Sox manager picking the reserves, Millar and Ortiz probably both make the roster. That probably leaves one more reserve 1b spot open which would be likely picked from the group of Konerko, Sexson, and Texieria.

even if he has a good first half, Konerko can be easily snubbed.

The only guy who might be a lock is Iguchi if the Japanese fans who vote for Ichiro decide to vote for him as well.

batmanZoSo
04-20-2005, 02:29 AM

2) The Royals trading Carlos Beltran right before the all star break, leaving them with only one player who anybody could reason to put on the all star team 1b Ken Harvey who had a great first half.

If the fans do a idiotic move again and vote in Jason Giambi, he could be easily snubbed again. And I can see that happening, especially if Yankees fans angry at the idea of a Red Sox manager picking players try to stuff the ballot box with every yankee on the ballot.

Also with a Red Sox manager picking the reserves, Millar and Ortiz probably both make the roster. That probably leaves one more reserve 1b spot open which would be likely picked from the group of Konerko, Sexson, and Texieria.

The only guy who might be a lock is Iguchi if the Japanese fans who vote for Ichiro decide to vote for him as well.

I'd be in favor of taking the ballot out of the fans hands. They clearly have no clue how to pick the lineup. And I guess it comes with the territory, everyone wants their guys in there, so the team with the better attendance invariably wins. Would anyone care if they took the NFL's cue and let the players pick the team? This would mean the truly deserving players get to go and consequently, more Sox players. Does voting mean anything to any of you?

Banix12
04-20-2005, 02:47 AM
I'd be in favor of taking the ballot out of the fans hands. They clearly have no clue how to pick the lineup. And I guess it comes with the territory, everyone wants their guys in there, so the team with the better attendance invariably wins. Would anyone care if they took the NFL's cue and let the players pick the team? This would mean the truly deserving players get to go and consequently, more Sox players. Does voting mean anything to any of you?

I would be all for the player picking the teams. Despite what most fans and reporters think about their own ability to scout talent, nobody knows the players like the players themselves.

I think especially since Baseball has gone to the system where the All-star game seals homefield advantage for the world series, they need to put in safe guards to keep players having bad seasons, like Giambi last season, from playing in the game. If not eliminating fan voting, at least set statistical minimums for being an all star or something like that.

TDog
04-20-2005, 02:55 AM
Funny thing, I remember Ozzie making the All-Star team one year, and because he was injured, nobody from the Sox could play.

batmanZoSo
04-20-2005, 02:55 AM
I would be all for the player picking the teams. Despite what most fans and reporters think about their own ability to scout talent, nobody knows the players like the players themselves.

I think especially since Baseball has gone to the system where the All-star game seals homefield advantage for the world series, they need to put in safe guards to keep players having bad seasons, like Giambi last season, from playing in the game. If not eliminating fan voting, at least set statistical minimums for being an all star or something like that.

That's what I forgot to mention. To me that seals the deal. Home field advantage is huge in the world series. Look at game sevens and road teams' records. You can't have a popularity contest essentially determining the outcome of the World Series.

GregoryEtc
04-20-2005, 03:36 AM
Anyone else think francona will stick it to the yanks and only take the yankees he has to (i.e. voted in)? I don't really mind when managers load up an AS team with their guys but torre was rediculous (7,8 guys a year? come on! and then in 2003 when Selig added Clemens for no reason?).

But I don't really mind it because when Ozzie is pickin the squad next year, I want him to take 9 or 10 Sox.

SomebodyToldMe
04-20-2005, 03:47 AM

You left out the fact that Frank and Paulie were on the special ballot together. That split votes. All my votes were for Paulie, thank you very much.

rowand33
04-20-2005, 04:19 AM

Maybe Buehrle.

Well, somebody has to go.

Probable White Sox Allstars:
Buehrle, Iguchi (I think he'll get voted in by Japan, swear to god. and if he keeps playing like this... he just might deserve it!)

Possible:
Crazy Carl, Konerko

fquaye149
04-20-2005, 05:09 AM
Iguchi'll be getting a lot of votes from over seas.:D:

what, he's going to START then?