PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine Dye Interview on "Rome is burning" at about 3:45 central time

Ron Karkovice
04-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Hey everyone, if you are at your home computer right now be sure to turn it to espn to check out Jim Rome interviewing Dye. Hopefully Rome brings him luck because he hasnt been consistent as of yet this year!

gobears1987
04-19-2005, 03:43 PM
thanks for the heads up

skobabe8
04-19-2005, 03:58 PM
Not too bad. AJ will be the guest correspondent tomorrow. That should be more entertaining to watch.

DoggPhood
04-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Rome did a little closing segment hating on Sox Dog Day.

BearSox
04-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Did Dye mention anything in the interview as mabye what has been the problem during the slump?

Ron Karkovice
04-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Did Dye mention anything in the interview as mabye what has been the problem during the slump?

Most of the questions had nothing to do with Dye.

mweflen
04-19-2005, 04:17 PM
synopsis please?

I want Mags back
04-19-2005, 04:20 PM
That was the most Ive seen the Sox brought up in a half hour of a national show. Ist he talked for a minute about the Frank/Ozzie sit. Then JD. and then Dog Day

Hangar18
04-19-2005, 04:39 PM
Rome did a little closing segment hating on Sox Dog Day.

If the Cubs had come up with Dog Day, the Media and Jim Rome wouldve
talked about how cool it was, and what a great organization they are.

NardiWasHere
04-19-2005, 04:44 PM
If the Cubs had come up with Dog Day, the Media and Jim Rome wouldve
talked about how cool it was, and what a great organization they are.

In my opinion DogDay is pretty weak. I know one thing, if the Cubs came up with the idea, I'd never stop making fun of them. Not that anything has stopped me before...

LVSoxFan
04-19-2005, 04:48 PM
Cmon dog day is cool.

And I don't own a dog.

My biggest laugh came when somebody dinged a homer and the fireworks didn't go off. I was asking "***? I've never seen that!" and the guy next to me pointed... at the dogs.

Oooooh! Now it made sense, LOL. Funny.

Ol' No. 2
04-19-2005, 04:49 PM
In my opinion DogDay is pretty weak. I know one thing, if the Cubs came up with the idea, I'd never stop making fun of them. Not that anything has stopped me before...I, for one, love dog day. And apparently, that opinion is shared by a lot of people, because the dog section routinely sells out in no time. Different strokes for different folks.

twsoxfan5
04-19-2005, 05:04 PM
I think that Dog Day is the worst promotion that we have at our ballpark. I hate to break it to everyone who brings thier dog to the game, but your dog is not a fan and he or she is not interested in the game. No matter how many times I put a Silver and Black Pack shirt on my dog I could not get him to watch the games and cheer for the Sox. I love Dogs but why are we taking them to baseball games.

DaveIsHere
04-19-2005, 05:09 PM
It is pretty cool, I for one watch the games all the time with my dog, while I am sure she isnt watching, she is quite smart to certain terms and phrases. You would have a different opinion if you brought your dog, its cool to chill at the game and hang out with your dog.

It must be popular as the Sox always have more requests than tickets available.

BearSox
04-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Dog Day=Cool

Mia Hamm Day= Lame

skobabe8
04-19-2005, 05:34 PM
I love dog day. Ive never brought my dog, but i would love to some day. I think its a cool promo. Kudos to being creative with a promotion.

MIgrenade
04-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Am I to gather from this that the interview was interesting or boring?

Banix12
04-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Am I to gather from this that the interview was interesting or boring?

I didn't catch all of it but from what I saw he asked about the Guillen comments from the last few days, Jermaine wasn't here last season so he couldn't really comment.

They also talked about how he took less money to come to Chicago because he gave KW his word, and he needs to stand by his word.

As for the Dog Day rant, considering this has been going on a few years, I'd say Rome is a bit late to rant on this one. It's a great promotion and to compare it to Disco Demolition and Nickel Beer night is stupid, those were dangerous, Dog Day is just fun for the fans and the dog day tickets sell pretty quick. I was at last years dog day, not with my dog, but it was fun just to be there during that day.

Bruck35
04-19-2005, 05:55 PM
Put me down for someone who enjoy's dog day. It's not like the stadium was so full that the dogs were taking up seats that were desperately needed. Seeing all the different breeds, colors and sizes was pretty fun.

Now if it switched to "Pet Day" and people were bringing cats and hamsters and lizards and turtles...that would be a bit much.

NonetheLoaiza
04-19-2005, 05:57 PM
I think that Dog Day is the worst promotion that we have at our ballpark. I hate to break it to everyone who brings thier dog to the game, but your dog is not a fan and he or she is not interested in the game. No matter how many times I put a Silver and Black Pack shirt on my dog I could not get him to watch the games and cheer for the Sox. I love Dogs but why are we taking them to baseball games.

You're missing the point of dog day.

Lip Man 1
04-19-2005, 06:06 PM
I was in touch earlier in the day with someone in the Sox organization alerting them to Rome's comments and suggesting that they call his VIP line and discuss the issue. My feelings were that Jim obviously didn't know the details and that this would be a way to get the Sox some national PR.

This person got back in touch, thanking me but suggested that Sox fans were smart enough to see through him. They also mentioned that the embarassing part was that the Jim Rome show was being broadcast on the Sox 'flagship' station ESPN radio 1000. My sense was that this person was 'concerned' over that.

They didn't feel it was necessary to call in because 'you can't win an arguement with someone who is not prepared yet is given a radio mic.'

It was an interesting response.

Lip

Jurr
04-19-2005, 06:50 PM

Hey....some of us that aren't quite married have a dog that is the closest we have to a kid. I for one have my little Maltese sitting next to me while I watch the games. Some people bring babies to ball games. Are they watching the game?? No. It's fun to bring your little dog to the ball park ONCE A F'n YEAR!!!!

HITMEN OF 77
04-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Hey....some of us that aren't quite married have a dog that is the closest we have to a kid. I for one have my little Maltese sitting next to me while I watch the games. Some people bring babies to ball games. Are they watching the game?? No. It's fun to bring your little dog to the ball park ONCE A F'n YEAR!!!!

100% agree with this statement.

chisoxmike
04-19-2005, 08:11 PM
I think dog day is pretty stupid... fireworks dont get blown off becuase the dogs would freak out and **** themselves, stupid.

And I have to say... whoever thougt of Mullet Day needs to be fired

twsoxfan5
04-20-2005, 12:48 PM

I am glad you enjoy dog day I was just voicing my opinion in saying that I did not like it. I am sorry to hear that the closest thing to you in your life is your maltese and I hope you enjoy F'n Dog Day next year.

DaveIsHere
04-20-2005, 12:52 PM
I am glad you enjoy dog day I was just voicing my opinion in saying that I did not like it. I am sorry to hear that the closest thing to you in your life is your maltese and I hope you enjoy F'n Dog Day next year.

Dude, you dont have to be a jack ass about it, that was one truly ignorant post.

HITMEN OF 77
04-20-2005, 12:52 PM
I think dog day just sticks with a lot of the promotions the Sox did in the 60's and 70's. Bat Day, Father Son Game, Irish Day, Disco Demolition to name but a few. Dog Day is very "Veeckian" in a way and I like it.

HITMEN OF 77
04-20-2005, 12:53 PM

That was uncalled for. Get a life dude.

Ol' No. 2
04-20-2005, 12:54 PM
I am glad you enjoy dog day I was just voicing my opinion in saying that I did not like it. I am sorry to hear that the closest thing to you in your life is your maltese and I hope you enjoy F'n Dog Day next year.They don't have a F'n Dog Day. That would be illegal.:redneck

Seriously, what is your problem? If having 500 dogs on the other side of the park just ruins it for you, stay home one game out of the season. But given that they sell out the dog day seats almost immediately, I'd say there must be a lot of people who like it.

Knockoutinthepar
04-20-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm a cat person, myself. Dogs remind me too much of Cubs fans.

Frank the Tank
04-20-2005, 01:00 PM
And I have to say... whoever thougt of Mullet Day needs to be fired

Couldn't agree more. Especially after the father-son redneck fiasco we had at the park a couple of years ago.

rdwj
04-20-2005, 01:01 PM
I like dog day. I've never gone with my dog, but I've gone to those games. I enjoy watching the parade and all the silly outfits people put on their dogs - it's funny.

Plus, it's a very popular promotion - so I don't see it going away anytime soon.

Knockoutinthepar
04-20-2005, 01:10 PM
I enjoy watching the parade and all the silly outfits people put on their dogs

pervert