PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports Power Rankings

fledgedrallycap
04-19-2005, 02:45 PM
I don't put any value into these rankings, but for a good laugh, take a look who is ranked #3....then check out who's #9

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3552148

Unregistered
04-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Well at least they're up 8 spots from #17 after the lousy start they've had... :rolleyes:

MRKARNO
04-19-2005, 02:48 PM
How is Depodesta vindicated by the Dodgers' play but Kenny Williams isn't by the White Sox' play? That's pretty inconsistant if you ask me.

Ol' No. 2
04-19-2005, 02:49 PM
I don't put any value into these rankings, but for a good laugh, take a look who is ranked #3....then check out who's #9

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3552148And the Twins moved UP from 8th last week. Must be those big wins over the Tigers and Royals.:rolleyes:

This clown makes his picks with a dartboard.

mikehuff
04-19-2005, 02:52 PM
I don't know what to say. This year we have the Twins number. Hopefully they're the one who can't get past the Tigers this year.

As low as the Cubs are, they still have an up arrow bacause everything is going so well and the future looks so bright for them.

RavenswoodFan
04-19-2005, 03:02 PM
If this was posted 46 minutes ago as it says then this guy really is a moron!:angry:

Sox are tied for first? Uh, last I checked The Sox are in 1st :) place by a game!

Corlose 15
04-19-2005, 03:04 PM
How is Depodesta vindicated by the Dodgers' play but Kenny Williams isn't by the White Sox' play? That's pretty inconsistant if you ask me.

Dayn Perry has consistently blamed Kenny Williams for all of the white sox problems the last 4 years. Why would he have anything positive to say about him now?

itsnotrequired
04-19-2005, 03:05 PM
If this was posted 46 minutes ago as it says then this guy really is a moron!:angry:

Sox are tied for first? Uh, last I checked The Sox are in 1st :) place by a game!

I'm sure he wrote it before yesterday's game. He mentions the Twins having a two game series against the Sox "coming up". I stand by my statement that "power rankings" are a fly-by-night way of ranking a team.

fledgedrallycap
04-19-2005, 03:07 PM
I'm sure he wrote it before yesterday's game. He mentions the Twins having a two game series against the Sox "coming up". I stand by my statement that "power rankings" are a fly-by-night way of ranking a team.

He didn't forget to mention Ozzie's comments that will implode the White Sox...

Ol' No. 2
04-19-2005, 03:08 PM
Dayn Perry has consistently blamed Kenny Williams for all of the white sox problems the last 4 years. Why would he have anything positive to say about him now?Ding, ding!!! We have a winner. It's Jayson Stark redux. Having picked the Sox to blow, they just keep making excuses not to recognize that they're better than they thought.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/columnists/stark_jayson_c.jpg I know it seemed like they won the World Series, but it was just an illusion.

maurice
04-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Having picked the Sox to blow, they just keep making excuses not to recognize that they're better than they thought.

Surprisingly, the same is true of the hysterical local media:
- "Those awful Sox consistently lose 1 out of every 3 games!"
- "If the Sox had scored two fewer runs last night, they would have lost!"
- "The persistent fights between Thomas and Guillen will doom the season!"
- "The Sox OBP sucks, and the return of a 400 OBP player will make it even worse!"
- "The Sox never walk, and the return of a 100 BB / year player will make it even worse!"
- "That awful Takatsu gave up a solo HR to a 900 OPS player (but the Sox bullpen somehow leads the league in saves)!"

On a related note, the new trend is to cover for the media's erroneous prediction that the Sox wouldn't hit many HRs by falsely attributing the faulty prediction to Sox brass. This ignores repeated statements by Guillen, Williams, etc. indicating that the media predictions were delusional and that the Sox would hit plenty of HRs in 2005.

To Dusty Baker's credit, he seems inclined to give Walker's playing time to Jerry Hairston Jr. rather than punishing fans with lethal doses of Neifi Perez.

:?: Perez has started almost every game for the past week.

fledgedrallycap
04-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Surprisingly, the same is true of the hysterical local media:
- "Those awful Sox consistently lose 1 out of every 3 games!"
- "If the Sox had scored two fewer runs last night, they would have lost!"
- "The persistent fights between Thomas and Guillen will doom the season!"
- "The Sox OBP sucks, and the return of a 400 OBP player will make it even worse!"
- "The Sox never walk, and the return of a 100 BB / year player will make it even worse!"
- "That awful Takatsu gave up a solo HR to a 900 OPS player (but the Sox bullpen somehow leads the league in saves)!"

Kudos!!! Post of the week right there :cool: