PDA

View Full Version : When Frank Gets Back--Bench Who?

Schmitz33
04-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Alright Lets Hear It?

When Frank gets back into the Swing of Things who will we benched?
And dont tell me Frank.......

We are paying way to much money not to have him in the lineup.
With Crazy Carl hitting like he is you have to play him somewhere in the outfield and put Frank at DH. Whos your vote for?

Ol' No. 2
04-19-2005, 03:07 PM
Alright Lets Hear It?

With Crazy Carl hitting like he is you have to play him somewhere in the outfield and put Frank at DH. Whos your vote for?I vote for waiting until then to decide. I can just about guarantee you that things will not look the same in a month.

Jerome
04-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Right now, Carl NEEDS to stay in the lineup. I think that Dye should sit. If we find that Carl absolutely play RF, then move Podsednik or Rowand there. Rowand and Pods are fine defensive OFs. They would be fine playing any position.

Hangar18
04-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Alright Lets Hear It?

Jerea era Jerem da. (ok, take a moment here)
JERMAINE DYE I couldnt type that fast enough

Baby Fisk
04-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Alright Lets Hear It?

With Crazy Carl hitting like he is you have to play him somewhere in the outfield and put Frank at DH. Whos your vote for?
Hey, welcome aboard! :cheers:
If Frank came back tomorrow, Dye should take a time out to think things over. Carl to LF, Pods to CF, Rowand to RF. But Frank's not coming back tomorrow...

jabrch
04-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Carl has a history of injuries. He shouldn't play every day.

Frank has a history of injuries. He shouldn't play every day.

Dye has a history of injuries. He shouldn't play every day.

Pods has a groin. He shouldn't play every day.

And Rowand would benefit from an off day every now and then.

I think we will be ok and will find a way to play everyone EVEN IF they are all healthy. That said, the odds are good someone will be hurt at some point in time and we have the depth to cover injuries.

Mohoney
04-19-2005, 03:18 PM
I think the more important question is: who gets taken off the 25 man roster?

I'm guessing Ozuna, but I can't be certain. Maybe Kenny makes a trade or something.

rdwj
04-19-2005, 03:19 PM
If it were today - Everett plays!

Frank probably isn't going to be a world beater right off the bat so he and Dye would probably be on some sort of rotation (Everett playing right or dh). They could probably get Rowand and Pods some days off too.

But wo knows who's going to be the hot hand by the time Frank actually makes it back?

Ol' No. 2
04-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Pods has a groin. He shouldn't play every day.Is he the only one with a groin?:?::?::?::wink:

kittle42
04-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Any guess as to how many more threads with this topic there will be until Frank gets back?

Irishsox1
04-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Yes, Dye is struggling right now, but the season is still early. I'm hoping Dye comes around so that the Sox can wait until Frank is 100% and then rotate Dye with Everett and Frank with Everett. Sometimes I think the White Sox don't really need Frank Thomas this year. In the past the Sox needed to score a lot more runs to win a ball game, but with this pitching staff the way it is and McCarthy waiting for someone to slip up, the Sox aren't desperate to out slug every team. So, my though is wait and see. My gut feeling is that Frank won't be available to the Sox until late June, mid-July, deal with it then.

Knockoutinthepar
04-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Jerea era Jerem da. (ok, take a moment here)
JERMAINE DYE I couldnt type that fast enough

exctlu eact;y exatl;y

jabrch
04-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Is he the only one with a groin?:?::?::?::wink:

:wanne
"Daaaa - he's got a groiiiin"

My intention was to put that in Wanny Voice.

Jaffar
04-19-2005, 03:40 PM
Considering we are the worst team in the AL with OBP we need Frank in the lineup. As much as I like our starting pitching I cannot expect them to keep doing what they are and for us to have things go our way. A team that doesn't score or get on base is not going to keep winning all year.

SOXit2EM
04-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Thomas should be our DH against lefties and mediocre righties. Everett DH against tough righties. :cool:

batmanZoSo
04-19-2005, 03:47 PM
:wanne
"Daaaa - he's got a groiiiin"

My intention was to put that in Wanny Voice.

LMAO. To lose a player like that to a groin, it just...it tears your guts out.

:)