PDA

View Full Version : Ladewski: "Despising Minny to the max"

Mickster
04-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Great aricle. Don't see that it has been posted already. ENJOY (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/columns/ladewski/x19-lad1.htm) :smile:

mweflen
04-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Can't disagree with anything here. The Twinkies suck.

faneidde
04-19-2005, 01:29 PM
What a stupid article. Look, I dislike the Twins as much as anyone, but criticizing them for losing to the Yankmees is insane. He should have just stuck to the Hunter cheapshot and Burke and the way he stomped on the played after he did it. I still can't stand him for that.

itsnotrequired
04-19-2005, 01:31 PM
What a stupid article. Look, I dislike the Twins as much as anyone, but criticizing them for losing to the Yankmees is insane. He should have just stuck to the Hunter cheapshot and Burke and the way he stomped on the played after he did it. I still can't stand him for that.

Agreed. Replace "Twins" with "Sox" and you get a lot of the crap articles that are routinely written about the Sox. Especially the points on "zero name recognition" (ask a casual baseball fan to name five Sox players) and attendance problems (which the Sox know nothing about).

mweflen
04-19-2005, 01:34 PM
yes, it's a fluff piece, but he does accurately call out the whole "twins play the right way" BS. I was just arguing about this last night in re: Toriiii's dirty collision. It was just not necessary, while my opponent was claiming that it was "playing the right way."

Soxzilla
04-19-2005, 01:36 PM
I hate the twins just as much as this guy, but that article wasn't very good.

Mickster
04-19-2005, 01:37 PM
'Bout time we start getting some "fluff" pieces written about us.... :cool:

nebraskasox
04-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Agreed. Replace "Twins" with "Sox" and you get a lot of the crap articles that are routinely written about the Sox. Especially the points on "zero name recognition" (ask a casual baseball fan to name five Sox players) and attendance problems (which the Sox know nothing about).

I have to agree with this view. I dislike the Twins as much as the next Sox fan but what have the Sox won lately? If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, our offseason moves to remake the Sox into a more Twinslike grinder ballclub, is a tribute to the Twins success.

Do they play dirty or just hard nosed, fundamental baseball? Except for what seems like some isolated plays like the Burke incident, they're a hard nosed, grinder type of team. Our own manager applauded their tough play.

It's easy not to like a team that's beat you three years running. But let's give them credit for success with a limited payroll and a seemingly endless supply of minor league talent.

Let's also beat them again tonight!

SOXSINCE'70
04-19-2005, 01:54 PM
The last 3 years,it's almost as if the Sox are Austin Powers in search
of his elusive mojo and the Twins are a team of Mini-Me clones forever
nipping at the Sox' heels and succeeding every time.When the Twinks
untied the game in the 5th last night,my first thought was "here we
go again.The Sox can't stop a Twinkie rally when it counts most".
Never mind the DP Crede turned after a 25 minute top of the first.
Monday night,the Twinkies issued the challenge.This time,the Sox
answered with authority.Let's see what happens tonight.

The Twins are like a Berlin wall.The Sox must tear down that wall
if winning the AL Central is a possibility in 2005.:gulp:

mikehuff
04-19-2005, 02:08 PM
I don't know, this article seems kind of childish to me. It seems like one of the less intelligent posts that are so often seen on the WhiteSox.com forum.

Besides the Torii Hunter incident, which is still debateable, I don't really see much reason to dislike the Twins (other than beating us 3 years in a row.)
This seems like childish name calling to me. He even rips on Gardenhire for hitting only 4 home runs in his career, which just makes him look like an idiot.

I have plenty of reasons to hate the Cubs, Yankees and Red Sox, but the Twins are just competition to me.

batmanZoSo
04-19-2005, 02:24 PM
I think this article's a juvenile piece of crap. Something a dejected Sox fan might write on the Twins MLB forum. Call me crazy, but to write an article simply about hating a team is pretty juvenile to me. And the Twins aren't even that bad of a bunch. If anything, we've been the trash talkers the last few years. When Buehrle said they'd get knocked out in the first round, Hunter just shrugged it off. I hate the Twins as much as anyone else, but who's s**** who?