PDA

View Full Version : Pack the Cell-Weather Positive-Twins not until 8/15

BeerHandle
04-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Tom Skilling is calling for some showers, but overall the weather looks very optimistic.
---------------------------
Tuesdayhttp://snsimages.tribune.com/images/sp.gifhttp://snsimages.tribune.com/images/weather/icons/mostlycloudy.gif
81 61 Unseasonably warm. Temps 22 above normal. Sun through increasing cloudiness. Several widely-spaced afternoon/evening t-storms possible. Steady south winds overcome most lake cooling except for some shoreline areas. Cloudy periods at night. Shower/t-storm clusters possible.

We need a bigger showing then 27,018. You can get two upper deck tickets for $20 (Premium Upper Box - Rows 1-6). Come on Sox Army........Lets drag those co-workers that are on the fence because of the weather or have not been to a game.

This is the last time we face the Twinkies until mid-August!!

shoota
04-19-2005, 09:59 AM
Tom Skilling is calling for some showers, but overall the weather looks very optimistic.
Tuesdayhttp://snsimages.tribune.com/images/sp.gifhttp://snsimages.tribune.com/images/weather/icons/mostlycloudy.gif
81 61 Unseasonably warm. Temps 22 above normal. Sun through increasing cloudiness. Several widely-spaced afternoon/evening t-storms possible. Steady south winds overcome most lake cooling except for some shoreline areas. Cloudy periods at night. Shower/t-storm clusters possible.

We need a bigger showing then 27,018. You can get two upper deck tickets for $20 (Premium Upper Box - Rows 1-6). Come on Sox Army........Lets drag those co-workers that are on the fence because of the weather or have not been to a game.

This is the last time we face the Twinkies until mid-August!!

Many good reasons to attend this game: Unseasonably warm weather, Sox in first place, playing against the Twins...too bad there's one reason that'll keep me from attending: no LD half-priced tix like we had last year. :(::angry:

anewman35
04-19-2005, 10:05 AM
Many good reasons to attend this game: Unseasonably warm weather, Sox in first place, playing against the Twins...too bad there's one reason that'll keep me from attending: no LD half-priced tix like we had last year. :(::angry:

If you hate the upper deck so much that you wouldn't sit there to see a first place team on a beautiful night, than you are not a real Sox fan.

itsnotrequired
04-19-2005, 10:05 AM
I'd love to go but won't be able to make it tonight. I went to the Sunday and Monday games and the wife has deemed that to be enough for now! Everyone else should get out there though!

It will be interesting to see how the Tuesday's play out now with only the UD being half-price. It would look pretty strange to be watching the game on TV and see the UD packed and the LD only half full...

Sad
04-19-2005, 10:10 AM
If you hate the upper deck so much that you wouldn't sit there to see a first place team on a beautiful night, than you are not a real Sox fan.

that's a fact.

MushMouth
04-19-2005, 10:12 AM
What is the deal with Pepsi Night? I thought it was gone?

Going either way, but upper-deck is half price??

BeerHandle
04-19-2005, 10:14 AM

I agree that the deal is not as good as last year; however, the Upper Deck is not bad at all. The Upper Deck is closed in and the top 8 rows were removed. $20 bucks for two seats in the first six rows of the upper deck is very good deal!

SOX FANS NEED TO STOP MAKING EXCUSES! (I know I'm preaching to the choir on this board; however, it is our responsibility to get the fans who complain to go and experience the "new" team and park). I already have received a commitment from 4 co-workers to go!

shoota
04-19-2005, 10:14 AM

I'm still going to watch the game.

ewokpelts
04-19-2005, 10:19 AM
If you hate the upper deck so much that you wouldn't sit there to see a first place team on a beautiful night, than you are not a real Sox fan.but he'll sit there if it was a playoff game.....go figure
Gene

shoota
04-19-2005, 10:30 AM
but he'll sit there if it was a playoff game.....go figure
Gene

Oh, for sure. Are you trying to compare an April regular season game to a playoff game? Go figure yourself.

itsnotrequired
04-19-2005, 10:30 AM
What is the deal with Pepsi Night? I thought it was gone?

Going either way, but upper-deck is half price??

Pepsi night is still in effect but modified from last year. Last year, anyone got in half-price with a Pepsi product and could get a seat anywhere. These year it is restricted to the upper deck. Also, it is no longer half-price but rather two-for-one. So if you go to the ticket window by yourself, you don't get a deal. Shouldn't be a problem to find some other "single" outside the park and go in on two tickets.

BeerHandle
04-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Oh, for sure. Are you trying to compare an April regular season game to a playoff game? Go figure yourself.

Why comare? The fact is that the Sox have the second best record in baseball, sit alone at the top of the division and are playing our arch rival. We don't even see the Twins until mid-August.

THIS WILL BE OUR FIRST SWEEP OF THE SEASON! TIME FOR OUR FANS TO POST (and I know it is not you guys on this fan site).

:dtroll:

Unregistered
04-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Why comare? The fact is that the Sox have the second best record in baseball, sit alone at the top of the division and are playing our arch rival. We don't even see the Twins until mid-August.

THIS WILL BE OUR FIRST SWEEP OF THE SEASON! TIME FOR OUR FANS TO POST (and I know it is not you guys on this fan site).

:dtroll:I propose we stop talking about our first sweep of the season (or any sweep for that matter) until we actually GET ONE. Just a thought... :cool:

pinwheels3530
04-19-2005, 12:24 PM

STOP MAKING EXCUSES!!!!!!

batmanZoSo
04-19-2005, 12:32 PM
It'll probably be around 25,000. Maybe it'll be a little higher than last night because the fans are juiced up over beating the Twins and taking first place, but I doubt we'll crack 30,000. We only have like 17,000 advance sales for these games, you can't expect 20,000 walk ups. Last night will probably prove to be the biggest April crowd and that's fine. Don't worry about the attendance, worry about the team competing until the end. If they do, they will draw 2 million or more.

mweflen
04-19-2005, 12:34 PM
already have my UDR tix. come see me in 520 row 1 :D:

kittle42
04-19-2005, 12:36 PM
I'll be there, along with my prediction of about 22-23K.

chisoxmike
04-19-2005, 12:36 PM
My god people! NOT EVERYONE CAN GO TO EVERY SINGLE GAME! As much as I would like to go tonight and for everygame, tickets cost $$$$$$$$$. I've been to 4 games so far this year, opening day, and saturday-monday. I think if I went today I'd be in debt to the Sox or would be playing A ball this year to work it off.

Give people a break, they will come.

mweflen
04-19-2005, 12:43 PM
My god people! NOT EVERYONE CAN GO TO EVERY SINGLE GAME! As much as I would like to go tonight and for everygame, tickets cost $$$$$$$$$. I've been to 4 games so far this year, opening day, and saturday-monday. I think if I went today I'd be in debt to the Sox or would be playing A ball this year to work it off.

well, i'll have gone to 4 after tonight, and all were discounted due to either monday, 2 for 1, or the online $10 off code Gene posted a while back.

I agree, if all had been full price, I probably would have only gone to this week's monday and tuesday games. luckily, i get some free sundays from my dad as well.

mcg
04-19-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm thinking about heading down to the game tonight. Does anyone who lives in the northwest suburbs regularly go to these weeknight games? Can you recommend the best way to get there?

My husband and I don't get off work until 5pm. I'm not sure if it's fastest to drive there or take Metra and walk to the red line or just pick up the blue line in Rosemont and transfer to the red line. Usually we take the blue line to the red line. But that was a lot cheaper last season before CTA jacked up fees everywhere.

Rocklive99
04-19-2005, 01:00 PM

Seriously, some people should stop accusing others and meddling in personal business that is not theirs, and should look in the mirror instead. Some people have already bought tix, live hours away, etc. Maybe some people don't get the full experience in the UD, not being allowed to see anything new added on the concourse, whatever the reason, it's their choice. I don't see how others have the right to judge if one is a Sox fan or not or tell them that they have to go to a game.

mweflen
04-19-2005, 01:04 PM
I'm thinking about heading down to the game tonight. Does anyone who lives in the northwest suburbs regularly go to these weeknight games? Can you recommend the best way to get there?

My husband and I don't get off work until 5pm. I'm not sure if it's fastest to drive there or take Metra and walk to the red line or just pick up the blue line in Rosemont and transfer to the red line. Usually we take the blue line to the red line. But that was a lot cheaper last season before CTA jacked up fees everywhere.

Well, it's certainly cheapest to do park'n'ride at Rosemont and transfer to the red line - you pay 1.50 at the lot IIRC and $3.50 apiece for fare. That ride will take about 20 minutes on the Blue Line to downtown, and 20 minutes more after you transfer to the Red Line. So if you can get on the Blue Line at 6, you'll be set.

mweflen
04-19-2005, 01:06 PM
Seriously, some people should stop accusing others and meddling in personal business that is not theirs, and should look in the mirror instead. Some people have already bought tix, live hours away, etc. Maybe some people don't get the full experience in the UD, not being allowed to see anything new added on the concourse, whatever the reason, it's their choice. I don't see how others have the right to judge if one is a Sox fan or not or tell them that they have to go to a game.

I would never judge Sox fans for not going. Tickets are way too expensive (http://www.teammarketing.com/fci.cfm?page=fci_mlb2005.cfm) for most of us. If you show Sox Pride out in public and never go to one game, you're cool with me.

anewman35
04-19-2005, 01:12 PM
I would never judge Sox fans for not going. Tickets are way too expensive (http://www.teammarketing.com/fci.cfm?page=fci_mlb2005.cfm) for most of us. If you show Sox Pride out in public and never go to one game, you're cool with me.

I agree that cost is a good reason for not going. So is living far away or going to other games. However "I don't like the upper deck" or "beer is too expensive" or whatever are NOT good reasons. Are we Cubs fans? I thought we went to the game for the GAME.

mweflen
04-19-2005, 01:22 PM
I agree that cost is a good reason for not going. So is living far away or going to other games. However "I don't like the upper deck" or "beer is too expensive" or whatever are NOT good reasons. Are we Cubs fans? I thought we went to the game for the GAME.

well, some people do legitimately fear heights, or can't climb/descend loads of stairs/ramps due to age/injury.

BeerHandle
04-19-2005, 02:23 PM
I propose we stop talking about our first sweep of the season (or any sweep for that matter) until we actually GET ONE. Just a thought... :cool:

I'm not superstitious, only optimistic. It is bound to happen.

anewman35
04-19-2005, 03:20 PM
well, some people do legitimately fear heights, or can't climb/descend loads of stairs/ramps due to age/injury.

Fine. If you're afraid of heights, then I suppose it's ok (although the bottom of the upper deck isn't that high).

As for the other thing, I'm sure the White Sox would accomidate you. From Whitesox.com:

A limited number of wheelchairs are available at Gates 3, 5 and the Guest Relations Booths on a first-come, first-served basis. Wheelchairs are to be used for transportation purposes, and the Chicago White Sox provide all fans with this service. Wheelchairs cannot be signed out for the entire game due to the limited number of wheelchairs.

If a person had their own wheelchair, I'd presume they could stay in one of the wheelchair areas and not have to climb any stairs.

SoxWillWin
04-19-2005, 06:15 PM
Fine. If you're afraid of heights, then I suppose it's ok (although the bottom of the upper deck isn't that high).

As for the other thing, I'm sure the White Sox would accomidate you. From Whitesox.com:

If a person had their own wheelchair, I'd presume they could stay in one of the wheelchair areas and not have to climb any stairs.

The people who run the park are not monsters. Last year the four of us went to a game. We had UD tix, but I talked to guest relations and explained that I wanted to show my kids the whole park, they gave us an elevator pass, and sat us in the Handicapped section right next to Nancy. They will accomodate people who aren't afraid to tell them what they need.

WSox8404
04-19-2005, 06:16 PM

Bingo.....go to the game...its not bad up there.

nasox
04-19-2005, 06:27 PM
another frickin crappy attendance thread

itsnotrequired
04-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Bingo.....go to the game...its not bad up there.

I really like the UD, especially Sections 522 thru 542. Great views.

chisoxfanatic
04-19-2005, 06:40 PM
I wish I could afford season tickets, but that's just not possible, even though I don't have to worry about the parking, because I can walk to the game. I've already been to three games this year (Saturday-Monday), and am planning on attending 20-30 games this year, so I think that I will be going to my fair share of games...

For those of you who are going, cheere loud, and GO SOX!!!

Blueprint1
04-19-2005, 06:40 PM
I have to work until at least 9 so I will not be there. I can only go to games on thursdays and sundays.

chisoxfanatic
04-19-2005, 06:42 PM
I have to work until at least 9 so I will not be there. I can only go to games on thursdays and sundays.

Ahhh, that's a bind...Do you miss even catching the rest of the games, or do you have access to a television or radio at work?

ZachAL
04-19-2005, 06:45 PM

I would never not go to the game because of an upperdeck ticket, but I could see how people would contemplate it. I'm talking about any park here. Sitting in the upper deck at all parks i've been to compared to sitting in the lower deck is a totally different experience. Sometimes people may just not want to/be able to spend the money on that. Personally i find it to be a very different experience, that being said i'd still go if i had the cash on me at the given time.

itsnotrequired
04-19-2005, 06:45 PM
I wish I could afford season tickets, but that's just not possible, even though I don't have to worry about the parking, because I can walk to the game. I've already been to three games this year (Saturday-Monday), and am planning on attending 20-30 games this year, so I think that I will be going to my fair share of games...

For those of you who are going, cheere loud, and GO SOX!!!

You plan on going to 20-30 games yet can't afford season tickets?:?:

Cheapest half-season tickets in the upper deck include 24-25 games for only $396.

chisoxfanatic
04-19-2005, 06:49 PM
You plan on going to 20-30 games yet can't afford season tickets?:?:

Cheapest half-season tickets in the upper deck include 24-25 games for only $396.

When I go, I have preferential areas that I like to sit in (down the third base line is my prime area). I've sat in the upper deck before; however, the experience is not the same as in the lower deck. I won't complain, because at least I'd be at the game. But, it has something to do with me feeling "in the action" that draws me to where I like sitting.

I'm thinking of a partial season ticket plan next year, however.

itsnotrequired
04-19-2005, 06:55 PM
When I go, I have preferential areas that I like to sit in (down the third base line is my prime area). I've sat in the upper deck before; however, the experience is not the same as in the lower deck. I won't complain, because at least I'd be at the game. But, it has something to do with me feeling "in the action" that draws me to where I like sitting.

I'm thinking of a partial season ticket plan next year, however.

Ah, I see. I like the LD too but it depends on the seat. I'd rather sit a couple rows back in Section 537 than row 20 or something in section 109. But hey, that's me!:D:

Jurr
04-19-2005, 07:46 PM
For those of you that live in Chicago, these games are the ones to make it to. Those of us who are transplants in another state ache to be at the park for these. I know it's sometimes expensive, but those upper deck seats aren't terrible by any means.

BeerHandle
04-20-2005, 09:08 AM
I propose we stop talking about our first sweep of the season (or any sweep for that matter) until we actually GET ONE. Just a thought... :cool:

CAN I SAY SWEEP NOW?!?!?!:supernana: