PDA

View Full Version : Wow: More Libel in the Cubune

fquaye149
04-19-2005, 03:28 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050418soxguillen,1,3723273.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

"That's Ozzie," Thomas said Monday, one day after Guillen suggested Thomas had had a "horrible" attitude.

The Venezuelan skipper's remarks were really not as incendiary as they were made to appear by a Chicago media intent on creating a bull**** story out of mud, twigs, and krazy glue

oops. That wasn't part of the article.

peeonwrigley
04-19-2005, 04:09 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050418soxguillen,1,3723273.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

oops. That wasn't part of the article.

Why did the media jump all over this? Don't answer that. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

JRIG
04-19-2005, 08:24 AM
And that was music to the ears of general manager Ken Williams.

"I told him how happy and proud I was of him with his spring training comments about how he feels about the club, how he fits and his willingness to sit against certain right-handed pitchers," Williams said.

If Thomas sits against certain right handers, who plays? I would assume Everett would DH. So does that mean Dye gets to stay in RF, despite the fact he's also the right-handed hitter like Thomas? Or will Gload DH and Everett play RF? Either way, I'd rather have Thomas in the lineup against just about any RH pitcher rather than Dye or Gload.

Not trying to make a mountain out of a molehill here, just asking the question.

Ol' No. 2
04-19-2005, 10:45 AM
If Thomas sits against certain right handers, who plays? I would assume Everett would DH. So does that mean Dye gets to stay in RF, despite the fact he's also the right-handed hitter like Thomas? Or will Gload DH and Everett play RF? Either way, I'd rather have Thomas in the lineup against just about any RH pitcher rather than Dye or Gload.

Not trying to make a mountain out of a molehill here, just asking the question.I wouldn't put too much in any of this. It's just hypothetical. Kind of like the "Who plays CF and who plays LF?" thing in spring training. Ozzie needs to learn to keep this kind of stuff to himself.

SOXSINCE'70
04-19-2005, 02:23 PM
I don't know about the rest of you,but the last thing I want to
see if Carl Everett playing an outfield position.Didn't anyone see
his cleats get caught in the dirt on a fly ball out Thursday night??
Carl,at least to me,looks unsure in the outfield.When Frank comes
back,he will have to accept a different role than just the every day DH.

Especially if Everett is producing the way he has the first 3 weeks.:cool:

But I will give Thomas credit for acting like a mature adult during
this fake "firestorm".He's cool with Ozzie,Ozzie's cool with him.

Now please,shut up and play ball!!:mad: