PDA

View Full Version : Good Job Joe

Foulke29
04-18-2005, 11:48 PM
:smile:

See guys - I'm telling you and I've been saying it for nearly a year now, the kid has to break out and he's playing well. Nice double play and a dinger to boot!

Haters - go home and eat a turkey leg or fried cheese!

:bandance:

chisoxfanatic
04-18-2005, 11:54 PM
The thing I have noticed about Crede is that he overanalyzes pitches decreasing his chances of making contact. I noticed something different about the swing he took that tied the score up by way of his home run in the fifth inning tho. He lowered his bat and swung through instead of skying it high for a routine pop-up or flyout. I personally liked the mechanics of his swing and hope he continues to use those mechanics, because he CAN be a true success if he does so.

mealfred13
04-18-2005, 11:58 PM
I also noticed that when Crede makes a bad out or hits a pop-up, he seems to be leaning back on the swing, rather than keeping his head down and eye on the ball.

I think he's taking his eyee off the ball, looking up, and puling the ball into the air on alot of pitches. When he gets a solid hit, he's using that swing that they used to show so often when he just joined the team, the one where he keeps his swing short, and close to his body.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-19-2005, 12:07 AM
Comeback Crede

clap, clap, clap, clap clap...

repeat...

(He won me a beer tonight. Mackey says, "if joe hits one out, i'll buy you a beer." two pitches later...my "I won a beer" dance scared youngins and my friends alike.)

chisox06
04-19-2005, 12:10 AM
If you want to rip on Crede now is not the time, hes got an 8 game hitting streak. I have no idea where that homer came from, that was a hell of a swing on a nice pitch.

munchman33
04-19-2005, 12:11 AM
Did you guys notice that pitch Crede hit? Down and in, looked like a real good sinker. Definately a pitchers pitch. Wonder if Crede guessed and guessed right.

shoota
04-19-2005, 01:55 AM
If you want to rip on Crede now is not the time, hes got an 8 game hitting streak. I have no idea where that homer came from, that was a hell of a swing on a nice pitch.

Alanzo XXXVIII
04-19-2005, 01:56 AM
I can't stand the haters. Crede has been reliable for at least the last five games. His homerun tonight was absolutely crucial. Give him some slack!

Unregistered
04-19-2005, 01:58 AM
We need Crede to come up big this year - every little bit is going to count. He has a great glove, but another season of .240 isn't gonna cut it.

illinibk
04-19-2005, 02:08 AM
I can't stand the haters. Crede has been reliable for at least the last five games. His homerun tonight was absolutely crucial. Give him some slack!
Not to mention his great defense tonight. He made some difficult plays looks very routine tonight.

daveeym
04-19-2005, 02:18 AM
As a crede hater and BEING AT THE GAME TONIGHT (BALKE) I must say crede had a nice game, but as I was standing on the fan deck and crede came up to bat me and I said to my boy, "watch this schmuck hit one out and get all the crede asskissers hootin and a hollerin." CREDE SUCKS he gets 9 game hit streaks while batting 1 for 4 or 1 for 5 with meaningless hits and ONE big hit snuck in there. As I said at the game I'LL TAKE IT but crede's got a lot more proving to do before I start defending him. I'll back all sox players but he's still a bit away from blind defenses.

Side note before he did turn the game around his stupid throw to first on an admittedly great diving stop was a potential game changing play, it led to a run and he should have eaten the ball instead of trying to throw out a burner at first. I'd rather eat crow with crede and wish all sox players the best but I hope this is just the start of things to come with crede instead of the 1 in 7 game aberration that he's shown for the last 2 1/2 years.

mealfred13
04-19-2005, 02:27 AM
Side note before he did turn the game around his stupid throw to first on an admittedly great diving stop was a potential game changing play, it led to a run and he should have eaten the ball instead of trying to throw out a burner at first. I'd rather eat crow with crede and wish all sox players the best but I hope this is just the start of things to come with crede instead of the 1 in 7 game aberration that he's shown for the last 2 1/2 years.

Ummm. Are you sure you were watching the game? The diving stop prevented a run from scoring from second. The next play was a popup to Iguchi to end the inning. Crede saved the run, he didn't cost us anything on the throw.

daveeym
04-19-2005, 02:47 AM
Ummm. Are you sure you were watching the game? The diving stop prevented a run from scoring from second. The next play was a popup to Iguchi to end the inning. Crede saved the run, he didn't cost us anything on the throw.Ok you're right the run scored before that play, still a stupid stupid throw considering it was stewart running. As i said earlier great diving stop but konerko made just as important and good of a play by keeping that throw from going to the wall.

Again great game by Joe but he's gotta show it a lot more often before i start blindly defending his ass.

mealfred13
04-19-2005, 02:58 AM
Ok you're right the run scored before that play, still a stupid stupid throw considering it was stewart running. As i said earlier great diving stop but konerko made just as important and good of a play by keeping that throw from going to the wall.

Again great game by Joe but he's gotta show it a lot more often before i start blindly defending his ass.

I'll agree with you there. He probably should have pocketed it, but if the throw was on-line it would have been an out to end the inning. Sometimes Joe tries too hard.

daveeym
04-19-2005, 03:03 AM
I'll agree with you there. He probably should have pocketed it, but if the throw was on-line it would have been an out to end the inning. Sometimes Joe tries too hard. Then i wish he'd stop trying, because it isn't working consistently enough. (And i don't even think there's a smiley to represent me on this one)

fquaye149
04-19-2005, 03:12 AM
Then i wish he'd stop trying, because it isn't working consistently enough. (And i don't even think there's a smiley to represent me on this one)

how about this one: :rolleyes:

Ol' No. 2
04-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Ok you're right the run scored before that play, still a stupid stupid throw considering it was stewart running. As i said earlier great diving stop but konerko made just as important and good of a play by keeping that throw from going to the wall.

Again great game by Joe but he's gotta show it a lot more often before i start blindly defending his ass.You get the 20/20 hindsight award for the day. I doubt any 3B is going to pocket the ball if he has a chance of getting the batter. The throw seemed to be in time, but off line.

Mickster
04-19-2005, 10:08 AM
All I can say is.....

CREDE SUCKS!

Tragg
04-19-2005, 10:09 AM
I'm not wed to the guy, but he's a young player with some power and a consistent glove. He might get better.

Sure beats the replacements I've heard including the 35 year old crede named randa, whose skills I think are deceptively magnified because he was a sox killer.

Lots of players bloomed into their mid-late 20s including one carl everett.

Ol' No. 2
04-19-2005, 10:11 AM
All I can say is.....

CREDE SUCKS!http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/columnists/stark_jayson_c.jpg I agree. That home run was an illusion.

Kadafi311
04-19-2005, 10:35 AM
Joe will be fine. I've never doubted that.

.260 / 25HR / 80RBI from the 8-hole would be great.

shoota
04-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Joe will be fine. I've never doubted that.

.260 / 25HR / 80RBI from the 8-hole would be great.

I think this is the problem I have with Crede fans. You're judging him based on what he could achieve, not on what he has achieved.

I think every Sox fan would take those numbers from Crede. But until he does it in reality and not on preseason personal prediction, he's a steaming pile.

DBTH.

Ol' No. 2
04-19-2005, 10:59 AM
I think this is the problem I have with Crede fans. You're judging him based on what he could achieve, not on what he has achieved.

I think every Sox fan would take those numbers from Crede. But until he does it in reality and not on preseason personal prediction, he's a steaming pile.

DBTH.Huh? Do these look familiar?

2002: .285 BA
2003: .261 BA

Kadafi311
04-19-2005, 10:59 AM

Uhh... you're talking about Joe Crede, 3B for the Chicago White Sox, correct? I am judging him on what he has achieved. Here are his numbers from the past two seasons:

2003: .261 / 19HR / 75RBI
2004: .239 / 21HR / 69RBI

I'd suggest checking stats before posting assumptions. There is a steaming pile in this thread, but I assure you it isn't Joe.

Mickster
04-19-2005, 11:01 AM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/columnists/stark_jayson_c.jpg I agree. That home run was an illusion.

:D: :D: :D:

shoota
04-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Huh? Do these look familiar?

2002: .285 BA
2003: .261 BA

Uhh... you're talking about Joe Crede, 3B for the Chicago White Sox, correct? I am judging him on what he has achieved. Here are his numbers from the past two seasons:

2003: .261 / 19HR / 75RBI
2004: .239 / 21HR / 69RBI

I'd suggest checking stats before posting assumptions. There is a steaming pile in this thread, but I assure you it isn't Joe.

crede sucks.

JoseCanseco6969
04-19-2005, 11:38 AM
crede sucks.

nice comeback, maybe you should replace kruk on BBTN with those insightful remarks. Congrats shoota!

daveeym
04-19-2005, 11:50 AM
I second the motion that crede sucks.

Ol' No. 2
04-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Haven't we beaten this subject enough? Whatever you think of Crede, he's not going anywhere in the near future. I don't see the point of starting a new "Crede Sucks" thread every frikkin' day.

faneidde
04-19-2005, 12:01 PM
I don't "hate" Joe Crede, I just wish he would produce regularly. If Joe can hit .260 with 20 HR and 70 RBI, many of the haters will go away. I just don't want another .239. I have been critical of Joe, but I'll be thrilled if he can keep his recent play up and makes me look like an ass.

Kadafi311
04-19-2005, 12:05 PM
Haven't we beaten this subject enough? Whatever you think of Crede, he's not going anywhere in the near future. I don't see the point of starting a new "Crede Sucks" thread every frikkin' day.

Exactly.

And what ever happened to just supporting your team (and it's members) when they struggle? Maybe I'm blindly loyal to my team's players, and possibly to a fault, but I think I'm a better fan for it.

converted
04-19-2005, 01:23 PM
I second the motion that crede sucks.

Motion DENIED! Why don't one of you two get out there and take his place. Then we'll see who sucks. Just kidding!:smile: I'm one to always root for the underdog and will continue to support all the players on the team. I got to meet Crede at Spring Training this year and told him "I was rooting for him." He seemed to appreciate the cheer and signed my ball. I am staying true to my words!

Jjav829
04-19-2005, 01:28 PM

Why not? It's fun to constantly criticize one player even though there are about 5 players who deserve it more right now. :rolleyes:

Frater Perdurabo
04-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Why don't one of you two get out there and take his place. Then we'll see who sucks.

Even though I agree with the post, I've always wanted to be the one to call 9-1-1 to summon...

:tealpolice:

PaleHoseGeorge
04-19-2005, 02:01 PM
Why not? It's fun to constantly criticize one player even though there are about 5 players who deserve it more right now.

I'm game. Who are the other five? We'll tear 'em to smithereens!

:wink: