PDA

View Full Version : Murph Meltdown

Viva Medias B's
04-18-2005, 11:35 PM
In the wake of the Cubs' latest triumph, Mike Murphy and his WSCR Cub fan callers are not exactly taking it well. Murph said former Cub Hector Villanueva would have caught a ball Corey Patterson missed! The calls for Dusty's head by the callers are well underway, if they haven't been already!

Brian26
04-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Why are you listening to this garbage?

SOXPHILE
04-18-2005, 11:48 PM
Why would you torture yourself and listen to that dope ? The only reason I can think of is a sadistic urge to hear all the wailing & gnashing of teeth by Cub Nation, which I guess I can relate to. Heh heh heh heh.....:bandance:

SOXPHILE
04-18-2005, 11:49 PM
Now that the White Sox game is over, I'm sure he'll spend lots of time talking about that game too.

cheeses_h_rice
04-18-2005, 11:52 PM
I don't watch the Coo'.

What ball did Patterson miss that was so crucial?

JKryl
04-19-2005, 09:48 AM
Why would you torture yourself and listen to that dope ? The only reason I can think of is a sadistic urge to hear all the wailing & gnashing of teeth by Cub Nation, which I guess I can relate to. Heh heh heh heh.....:bandance:

Amen brother. You have to love it when the shoe is on the other foot.

The Racehorse
04-19-2005, 10:03 AM
Murph said former Cub Hector Villanueva would have caught a ball Corey Patterson missed

Hector Villanueva? If I remember correctly, he suffered from the pokable-tummy-syndrome... I mention that because I also remember a quote from a Cubs manager or coach saying [paraphrasing] "I always knew Hector would hit a triple someday, I just didn't think it would be inside the park".
:kneeslap:

D. TODD
04-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Corey Patterson seems to be the latest whipping boy for Scrub fans. Maybe a little blame for the great Carrie Wood and his sub-par outing or the weak bullpen would be a better fit. But then again it is the Cub fanbase and they will blindly cheer or blame whoever is in style for that moment.

daveeym
04-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Corey Patterson seems to be the latest whipping boy for Scrub fans. Maybe a little blame for the great Carrie Wood and his sub-par outing or the weak bullpen would be a better fit. But then again it is the Cub fanbase and they will blindly cheer or blame whoever is in style for that moment. He's their Joe Crede, the guy that was supposed to be all world, gets chance after chance, has flashes of greatness but is mired in mediocrity. I think the players should be swapped and given fresh starts on opposite sides of the city.

Hangar18
04-19-2005, 01:14 PM
In the wake of the Cubs' latest triumph, Mike Murphy and his WSCR Cub fan callers are not exactly taking it well. Murph said former Cub Hector Villanueva would have caught a ball Corey Patterson missed! The calls for Dusty's head by the callers are well underway, if they haven't been already!

Instead of talking about the Big SOX victory, keeping them in 1st Place
over the Twinks, Murph used the rest of his "show" to weep and wail about the
cubs, gnash his teeth. complain about the bullpen, and steer callers
towards his complaints. NO SOX TALK!

Ahhhhhhh, somethings never change.
Meanwhile, everyone and their mother is falling down running, and trying
to put their own cubs book out, so that Murph can talk about it for hours
on his personal cub show. What a Joke.

SoxSpeed22
04-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Instead of talking about the Big SOX victory, keeping them in 1st Place
over the Twinks, Murph used the rest of his "show" to weep and wail about the
cubs, gnash his teeth. complain about the bullpen, and steer callers
towards his complaints. NO SOX TALK!

Ahhhhhhh, somethings never change.
Meanwhile, everyone and their mother is falling down running, and trying
to put their own cubs book out, so that Murph can talk about it for hours
on his personal cub show. What a Joke.http://web.utk.edu/~bborchar/episodes/episode25/eps25_7.jpg"Keh"
I got nothin' to complain about as long as the Sox keep winning. Remember, the more you hear this stuff, the more the Cubs are annoying their fans. Also, its only April, being in first place 13 games into a 162 game season is like winning a 10 second long eating contest. If we were in first at the All-star break, it wouldn't surprise me if people still called us a tease, because it's been done. Only when we make the playoffs, we will get what we deserve. But for now, let's just let it slide until september.

JB98
04-19-2005, 01:33 PM
I don't listen to Murph because I don't care about him or the Cubbie-blue losers who call his show. Still, it amuses me that the rats are falling off the North Side bandwagon early this year.

There are 149 games to play, and already, the sky is falling up there. I love it.

JRIG
04-19-2005, 01:40 PM
He's their Joe Crede, the guy that was supposed to be all world, gets chance after chance, has flashes of greatness but is mired in mediocrity. I think the players should be swapped and given fresh starts on opposite sides of the city.

Part of the problem is Dusty forcing him to do things he can't do. He can't work the count, can't walk, and can't (apparently) hit for a high average. So what does Dusty do? Bat him 1st or 2nd. If he were further down in the order (6th or 7th) he'd be a very productive player, IMO.

Jerko
04-19-2005, 01:48 PM
I just think it's funny listening to them whine after a loss. Fire Dusty, Brenly should be manager, Stone was right, we should have traded Wood 2 years ago, etc. You know, kind of like us after a Sox loss.

SOXSINCE'70
04-19-2005, 02:17 PM
There's a part of me that doesn't want to see the Sox sign on
with the SNORE;It would mean sCrUBbie apologists (like Murph)
would have to take at least a few SOX callers on their nightly
gabfests,thereby forcing me to listen to their sCrUBbie drivel
in between SOX talk.My life is much better since i've given
up most sports babble artists in this town (sole exceptions:
Silverman and Defalco and anytime the "mid afternoon idiots"
actually talk about the Sox.Pretty rare).

batmanZoSo
04-19-2005, 03:34 PM
I don't watch the Coo'.

What ball did Patterson miss that was so crucial?

I saw the highlights and he missed a double over his head at Cincy that proved to be the difference. He went back, looked clueless and let it drop near the fence without even sticking his glove out from the looks of it. He had no idea where he was. The guy's an overrated schmuck. Rowand's a better center fielder than him.

WSox8404
04-19-2005, 06:21 PM
Murph isnt that bad this year. He was much worse last year, but now that he is on his own he actually gives the sox quite a bit of props, and he does talk about them quite a bit. I was surprised to hear the change, but he is better. He may finally be starting to realize that the Cubs are worthless pieces of garbage too though.