PDA

View Full Version : crazy carl

CHI_SOX_4_LIFE
04-18-2005, 11:11 PM
whats goin on with this guy!? he's playing awesome! i love frank, and really look forward to him coming back, but crazy carl is makin me forget about him a lil bit

MRKARNO
04-18-2005, 11:12 PM
He shouldnt make you forget Thomas, but maybe Magglio at this point. These numbers shouldnt be surprising if you look at his 2003 aggregate stats. That's the last time he was healthy and he did pretty damn well that year too.

NSSoxFan
04-18-2005, 11:14 PM
If Frank came back tomorrow, Everett would be on his way to RF for Dye. I think Dye will begin to come around, he is a slow starter. We will be in a good situation once Hurt comes back.

DickAllen72
04-18-2005, 11:17 PM
I love Carl Everett. He has always been Mr. Clutch. He's exactly the kind of player the Sox need to lead them in big games.

Hats off to KW for reacquiring him last year. We traded for him twice and gave up almost nothing for him.

mealfred13
04-18-2005, 11:25 PM
I love Carl Everett. He has always been Mr. Clutch. He's exactly the kind of player the Sox need to lead them in big games.

Hats off to KW for reacquiring him last year. We traded for him twice and gave up almost nothing for him.

Not to mention the guys on the team love him and he's one of our clubhouse leaders.

SomebodyToldMe
04-19-2005, 12:17 AM
Frank who?

:bandance: :everett: :bandance:

Wimpy
04-19-2005, 12:22 AM
I looooove Hot Carl. I did not expect this from him. Hopefully he keeps this up. Too bad he can't play in the field very well.

jeremydavid
04-19-2005, 12:24 AM
best thing about everett's 14 RBI's is that he got 9 of them against the Twins. and I'm pretty sure he could counter Tori Hunter's trash talk if neccessary. we need Everett healthy in the lineup all year, every day.

MrRoboto83
04-19-2005, 12:42 AM
I love Crazy Carl, he gets the guys pumped up on the team. If you watch him batting you can just tell how serious he takes every at bat, this guy is a go getter, exactly what the Sox need in the clubhouse

batmanZoSo
04-19-2005, 12:54 AM
I love Crazy Carl, he gets the guys pumped up on the team. If you watch him batting you can just tell how serious he takes every at bat, this guy is a go getter, exactly what the Sox need in the clubhouse

I love how he bats with two strikes. He crouches a little bit, opens his stance and just tries to make contact. Is there another player in the game who does that? Gotta respect that. Sets a great example.

Sargeant79
04-19-2005, 12:54 AM
I agree, Carl's playing great. He's really swinging the bat well in the last week or so. I was at the game tonight, and on his 2nd home run, you could tell that the ball was going out as soon as he made contact. Definitely one for the highlight reel.

chisoxfanatic
04-19-2005, 12:57 AM
I agree, Carl's playing great. He's really swinging the bat well in the last week or so. I was at the game tonight, and on his 2nd home run, you could tell that the ball was going out as soon as he made contact. Definitely one for the highlight reel.

That's exactly what I said to someone in an AIM conversation a couple of minutes ago. That ball was CRUSHED. I wonder what the distance of that home run was!

Everett will be more than Maggs EVER was for us this year. When Frank comes back, we will have one of the best 3-4-5 combos in the league.

batmanZoSo
04-19-2005, 12:58 AM
That's exactly what I said to someone in an AIM conversation a couple of minutes ago. That ball was CRUSHED. I wonder what the distance of that home run was!

Everett will be more than Maggs EVER was for us this year. When Frank comes back, we will have one of the best 3-4-5 combos in the league.

It was like that on TV, too. Both of them. As soon as he swung, you knew it was gone...so did he for that matter.

Cat Thief
04-19-2005, 01:00 AM

I have seen 3 of Carl's homers in person and there is no doubt about it when he hits it. No cheapies here. I think it was 415.

Sargeant79
04-19-2005, 01:04 AM
That ball was CRUSHED. I wonder what the distance of that home run was!

The scoreboard flashed that it was 415 feet a minute or so after he hit it, longest of the year so far. I didn't catch the distance on the first one though.

Gosox1917
04-19-2005, 01:12 AM
Think the first one was about 409 or so. Not sure exactly, but over 400 feet.He is a Twin killer, don't have stats but it seems like he just mashes the ball against them.

chisoxfanatic
04-19-2005, 01:13 AM
It was like that on TV, too. Both of them. As soon as he swung, you knew it was gone...so did he for that matter.

How was Hawk's home run call for that one? I missed it, because I was at the game.

shoota
04-19-2005, 01:19 AM
I love how he bats with two strikes. He crouches a little bit, opens his stance and just tries to make contact. Is there another player in the game who does that? Gotta respect that. Sets a great example.

ditto. :gulp:

That second home run got me out of my seat just after he made contact. That was a no doubter. :bandance:

BarbG
04-19-2005, 01:24 AM
I am loving what I'm seeing from Carl.

We had breakfast with him at SoxFest and he is so much fun, so down-to-earth and cool, we didn't talk too much about baseball but I did ask him how he developed his batting stance and he said every coach he ever had from Little League on up was a former major leaguer, and that's how they taught him.

He also said, "I'm not crazy, I'm just a lot of fun to hang around with!"

If he keeps doing what he's doing I sure hope he hangs around!

chisoxfanatic
04-19-2005, 01:27 AM
He also said, "I'm not crazy, I'm just a lot of fun to hang around with!"

Apparently, his energy is becoming contageous...

batmanZoSo
04-19-2005, 02:24 AM
How was Hawk's home run call for that one? I missed it, because I was at the game.

I watched the whole game at the gym...no sound. The closed captioning doesn't capture the magic.

BNLSox
04-19-2005, 02:40 AM
I didn't get to hear Hawk's call because I was watching the Twins broadcast on MLB.TV. But the collective, "OH NO," right when Carl swung the bat made having to listen to those punks all worth while. (I am only calling them punks because they announce for our rivals, not because I feel they are unqualified or bad at their jobs).

Now the question is..."Does the pattern of win 2 lose 1 continue, or is the pattern always win one less than a sweep?" Guess we'll find out tomorrow!!!

Go Sox -- :gulp: Running the table in '05

PicktoCLick72
04-19-2005, 03:00 AM
At the rate Carl is playing, maybe the whole team should stop believing in dinosaurs.

jenmcm76
04-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Now the question is..."Does the pattern of win 2 lose 1 continue, or is the pattern always win one less than a sweep?" Guess we'll find out tomorrow!!!

My vote goes for always winning the first 2 games of a series. :smile:

White Sox 2005: No Rubber Matches

DaveIsHere
04-19-2005, 11:22 AM

The ball wasnt even out of the frame on the pitch and Hawk was already calling it gone, i believe he was almost done with his "Put in on the board....Yess" when it went over the fence. Like you all said it was like it was gone while he was swinging.