PDA

View Full Version : Something wrong with Dye??

GiveMeSox
04-18-2005, 09:04 PM
After watching Dye at bat for the past 4 or 5 games or so it is apparent something is wrong. I dont know if its physical or mental or what, but he is not playing like he can. He is really getting plenty off good pitches to hit and either popping them up or hitting routine grounders to 3rd or short. Hes a good lowball hitter and seemingly popping low pitches up, thats really a sign of something is wrong. Take a look at his 1st at bat tonite against Loeshe.

Take a look at Dye's feet in the box they seem to flying open way to soon, at least the left foot is. That causes your hands to drop down prematurly. That may be the source of his problems. When he is hitting good you will see real quick hands go right to the ball in one very fluent motion. Now it looks like his hands are are stumbling becuase of hit feet then being brought through the zone and its too late and hes off.

Anyone else notice this or agree with me or have another explanation?

ChiSox7
04-18-2005, 09:10 PM
After watching Dye at bat for the past 4 or 5 games or so it is apparent something is wrong. I dont know if its physical or mental or what, but he is not playing like he can. He is really getting plenty off good pitches to hit and either popping them up or hitting routine grounders to 3rd or short. Hes a good lowball hitter and seemingly popping low pitches up, thats really a sign of something is wrong. Take a look at his 1st at bat tonite against Loeshe.

Take a look at Dye's feet in the box they seem to flying open way to soon, at least the left foot is. That causes your hands to drop down prematurly. That may be the source of his problems. When he is hitting good you will see real quick hands go right to the ball in one very fluent motion. Now it looks like his hands are are stumbling becuase of hit feet then being brought through the zone and its too late and hes off.

I think you can say this for just about the entire second half of the lineup. Nobody on this team is hitting the ball consistently except for Carl and Iguchi (for the most part).

TheBull19
04-18-2005, 09:39 PM

From what an A's fan told me at ST this year, Dye is extremely streaky, going a few weeks without hitting much then going on fire for a couple weeks.

RKMeibalane
04-18-2005, 09:52 PM
From what an A's fan told me at ST this year, Dye is extremely streaky, going a few weeks without hitting much then going on fire for a couple weeks.

If nothing else, Dye's problems are likley a sign of his being sent to the bench once Frank returns. I have the feeling Ozzie is going to be playing musical chairs with his outfield for most of the season.

SouthBendSox
04-18-2005, 11:23 PM
no

he's just not very good anymore

Rocklive99
04-18-2005, 11:30 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48352

I disagree though

GiveMeSox
04-18-2005, 11:33 PM
no

he's just not very good anymore

That doesn't happen over night. Dye cant go from being a decent power guy last year to horrible this year. When a guy gets washed up it happens over years, look a chuck knobloach. I expect dye to hit .265 and hit 25 homers, thats what he was signed for.

SOXPHILE
04-18-2005, 11:39 PM
Hey, I know ! Let's ask Greg Couch ! He knows everything about Jermaine Dye. After all, he said he's about to be injured again, so maybe that's what's wrong.