PDA

View Full Version : Reinsdorf ranked 12th most important baseball person ( Baseball America)

Fenway
04-18-2005, 06:09 PM
I didn't see this mentioned here, but JR is ranked the 12th most important power broker in baseball for 2005 by Baseball America

12. Jerry Reinsdorf
Chairman, Chicago White Sox
Reinsdorf carries the kind of clout that comes from a comfort level forged through time. As one media member put it, "Jerry's been sitting next to Bud, whispering in his ear for 30 years at owners' meetings now." Reinsdorf and Royals owner David Glass are the only two owners who sit on the executive council and baseball's business and Internet boards. Reinsdorf also chairs the committee that oversaw the Montreal Expos' move to Washington, and (if you believe the buzz) was on the front lines in the battle to keep Jeff Moorad from taking over as Diamondbacks' "control person." Reinsdorf has shown a progressive side in providing opportunities for minorities, hiring Kenny Williams as his general manager and Ozzie Guillen as manager in Chicago. When it comes time for the next labor agreement, you can be sure that Reinsdorf, Glass and Houston's Drayton McLane Jr. will be heard.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/features/050310power.html

peeonwrigley
04-18-2005, 06:35 PM
I didn't see this mentioned here, but JR is ranked the 12th most important power broker in baseball for 2005 by Baseball America

12. Jerry Reinsdorf
Chairman, Chicago White Sox
Reinsdorf carries the kind of clout that comes from a comfort level forged through time. As one media member put it, "Jerry's been sitting next to Bud, whispering in his ear for 30 years at owners' meetings now." Reinsdorf and Royals owner David Glass are the only two owners who sit on the executive council and baseball's business and Internet boards. Reinsdorf also chairs the committee that oversaw the Montreal Expos' move to Washington, and (if you believe the buzz) was on the front lines in the battle to keep Jeff Moorad from taking over as Diamondbacks' "control person." Reinsdorf has shown a progressive side in providing opportunities for minorities, hiring Kenny Williams as his general manager and Ozzie Guillen as manager in Chicago. When it comes time for the next labor agreement, you can be sure that Reinsdorf, Glass and Houston's Drayton McLane Jr. will be heard.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/features/050310power.html

:reinsy
"This entitles Baseball America to at least one more bite of the apple."

Daver
04-18-2005, 06:42 PM
BA prolly blew it on this one, JR is much closer to Bud Selig than most people think, I would guess he is in the top 5.

ewokpelts
04-18-2005, 06:47 PM
BA prolly blew it on this one, JR is much closer to Bud Selig than most people think, I would guess he is in the top 5.
i like to be "under the radar" too...

munchman33
04-18-2005, 07:37 PM
"This entitles Baseball America to at least one more bite of the apple."

:rolling::rolling::rolling:

daveeym
04-19-2005, 03:01 AM
BA prolly blew it on this one, JR is much closer to Bud Selig than most people think, I would guess he is in the top 5. Man gotta agree with you on that. Giving way too much credit to fox and espn/abc which are really nothing else than the schmucks that one the lottery/paid too much to air MLB. Someone has to air the games, doesn't really make them power brokers. Basically Bud's bitches is all it makes them.

NonetheLoaiza
04-19-2005, 11:12 AM

I was going to say the same thing. I think Reinsdorf is alot more influential than that article says. Just based on past events, he's practically right next to Selig.