PDA

View Full Version : Calling all South Florida Sox Fans

SoxOnTop
04-18-2005, 04:38 PM
I just moved down to South Florida last fall and was wondering if anyone knew of a bar where Sox Fans tend to go to watch the games? I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd give it a run.

If not, does anyone down near Ft Lauderdale/Boca Raton/WPB want to designate a place?

-SOT

cubsuck
04-18-2005, 04:46 PM
I'm down here in Tampa as well SOT!

I usually spend most of my time watching the SOX at Buffalo Wild Wings in Brandon. It's a grrrrrrreat place, plus we have a lot of comped stuff through them. The manager there is a great guy, he'll put on whatever game you want.

There aren't a lot of Sox fans down here though...RED SOX and YANKEES bandwagoners are what I've seen mostly. Plus the occasional (I love losers) Cubs fans...

If you find a place better than BWW, PLEASE...let me know!!!

Are you going to the DRays/Sox series??? It should be great at the TROP! :D:

cubhater
04-19-2005, 06:39 AM
I'm not sure if it's still around but about 15 years ago there was a Chicago themed bar in Hollywood along the intercoastal waterway. IIRC it was called Capone's Flicker Light or something like that. Unfortunately, it's a Cub hangout and they would bump baseball games once the Bull's playoffs started. Of course, this was back in the day before everyone had satellite dishes and WGN was not broadcast on many local cable outlets. The staff was cool and would always put the Sox game on a side TV for me if the Cubs were on at the same time.

SoxOnTop
04-19-2005, 07:36 AM

I usually spend most of my time watching the SOX at Buffalo Wild Wings in Brandon. It's a grrrrrrreat place, plus we have a lot of comped stuff through them. The manager there is a great guy, he'll put on whatever game you want.

There aren't a lot of Sox fans down here though...RED SOX and YANKEES bandwagoners are what I've seen mostly. Plus the occasional (I love losers) Cubs fans...

I actually just moved from Tampa over to Boca Raton. I used to watch the games over at at a bar in Hyde Park called Mac's. Good People and always $2 domestic pints. Unfortunately, the D-Rays/Sox game is during the week, so I won't be able to come up for it.

I'll check out Capone's though. Thanks 'Hater.

cubhater
04-19-2005, 08:43 AM
I actually just moved from Tampa over to Boca Raton. I used to watch the games over at at a bar in Hyde Park called Mac's. Good People and always $2 domestic pints. Unfortunately, the D-Rays/Sox game is during the week, so I won't be able to come up for it.

I'll check out Capone's though. Thanks 'Hater.

Not a problem. You're a real die-hard if you make the trip from Boca to Hollywood just to check out a Sox game on TV! :cool:

cubsuck
04-19-2005, 08:50 AM
[QUOTE=SoxOnTop]I actually just moved from Tampa over to Boca Raton. I used to watch the games over at at a bar in Hyde Park called Mac's.

Mac's is actually a client of mine...good people! I never knew they were Sox fans though!!!

Sick Deals!

Go SOX....HUGE WIN last night!

SoxOnTop
04-19-2005, 08:59 AM
[QUOTE=SoxOnTop]I actually just moved from Tampa over to Boca Raton. I used to watch the games over at at a bar in Hyde Park called Mac's.

Mac's is actually a client of mine...good people! I never knew they were Sox fans though!!!

Sick Deals!

Go SOX....HUGE WIN last night!

I wouldn't say that the Mac's people were Sox fans, but they were always ready to accomodate me by putting the Sox game on one of the TV's. Even when the Bucs were on.

The St. Pete Ale House actually has 2-3 Sox fans working behind the bar if your looking for some support in St. Petersburg

Lizard
04-19-2005, 12:00 PM

I know of about 10 people making the trip to see the Sox and Devil Rays. We may get a suite. I'll be there for the games on the 9th & 10th. :gulp:

chisoxfan64
04-19-2005, 12:03 PM
I lived in Hollywood for 4 years, never really found a Sox bar there. I did go to Capone`s quite often for Bears games though. They did seem to be more Scrub friendly there.

Corkinator
04-19-2005, 04:50 PM
I know of about 10 people making the trip to see the Sox and Devil Rays. We may get a suite. I'll be there for the games on the 9th & 10th. :gulp:

I live in Tampa also. I normaly buy a box seat behind the Sox dugout from some guy in the parking lot, but if there is a collection for a suite going around.....

See you all at the Trop.

siugrad25
04-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Good Luck trying to find some White Sox fans down there. I just moved back up to Chicago from Port St. Lucie (50 miles north of WPB). All the fans I met down there were either Atlanta, Boston or New York (Mets or Yankees). Once in a while I would meet a clueless Cubs fan, but other than that, I don't think I once met a fan of the White Sox.

Acid
04-19-2005, 07:17 PM
I live just outside Fort Lauderdale, I have never found a Sox bar and have had isues getting Sox's games even put on before. Very annoying but as life can be

cubsuck
04-19-2005, 07:58 PM

I will hopefully be in the Ticketmaster suite directly behind home plate. It's just one of those kick @ss perks I get working for a pro sports team in Tampa...luckily we're a WINNER! Go Bolts!!! If I can't get tix, I've got some contacts over there who just give me their employee tix...which are in the Player's Wives section...sick deals!!!

I was for the O's / DRays game last week. It's was a pleasure to sit there and booooo Corky!

Go SOX!