PDA

View Full Version : Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace

balke
04-18-2005, 04:12 PM
I am hoping for a strong outing from Contreras tonight. In the event he crashes and burns, I hope not to come back to 20 "this guy sucks blah blah blah" threads. So please be so kind to ask for his trade now, or not at all.

He's made me happy so far. I predict a White Sox winner tonight!

PAPChiSox729
04-18-2005, 04:15 PM
It would be awesome to see Contreras to shut down the Twins and watch our guys tee off of Lohse. Since we can't seem to win 3 games in a row, why not a two game sweep?

mmmmmbeeer
04-18-2005, 04:22 PM
We saw something out of Contreras last outing that is new and important. He started the game with no control which resulted in some high pressure atbats. The Jose Contreras that I've known would have been run out of that game by the middle of the third inning in a rout, but not this Jose Contreras, the one being encouraged by his old friend El Duque on the bench. I think that that outing was one of the most telling of the starts our pitchers have made to this point in the season. I think he may still hit a rough stretch or two but he will no longer be a complete headcase and will learn to instead dominate.

ewokpelts
04-18-2005, 04:27 PM
I am hoping for a strong outing from Contreras tonight. In the event he crashes and burns, I hope not to come back to 20 "this guy sucks blah blah blah" threads. So please be so kind to ask for his trade now, or not at all.

He's made me happy so far. I predict a White Sox winner tonight! but will we draw crap? balke knows, right?

DaleJRFan
04-18-2005, 04:47 PM
His bad outing this year, he walked some batteres in the first few innings, but settled down and gave the Sox a change to win. If he gives up 3 or less runs, is a good outing as far as I am concerned. The bats gotta back up the pitching. GO JOSE!

Ron Karkovice
04-18-2005, 04:49 PM
I like the two cubans.