PDA

View Full Version : In Your Professional Opinion...

SouthSide4Life
04-18-2005, 04:46 PM
what are THE BEST seats in the house

Ol' No. 2
04-18-2005, 04:50 PM
what are THE BEST seats in the houseFirst row right behind home plate. And a bargain at only $200 each.

cheeses_h_rice
04-18-2005, 04:50 PM
These:

Ol' No. 2
04-18-2005, 04:51 PM
These:I didn't see the M&M guy there yesterday. I wonder if they made him lose the jacket?

itsnotrequired
04-18-2005, 04:53 PM
I didn't see the M&M guy there yesterday. I wonder if they made him lose the jacket?

Once the weather warms up, I hear he's busting out a M&Ms tube top.

SouthSide4Life
04-18-2005, 04:53 PM
rice... man that made me crack up... yeah if i see that guy there tonight im gonna have him buy me a drink, God knows he can afford it

Ol' No. 2
04-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Once the weather warms up, I hear he's busting out a M&Ms tube top.Great. Now I've got THAT image in my head. :(: Thanks a lot.

cheeses_h_rice
04-18-2005, 04:55 PM
I have a feeling that very soon "M&Ms" will become code for superfluous wealth, bling, etc.

"Man, that dude is all M&Ms these days. Dude be stylin'..."

itsnotrequired
04-18-2005, 04:57 PM
I have a feeling that very soon "M&Ms" will become code for superfluous wealth, bling, etc.

"Man, that dude is all M&Ms these days. Dude be stylin'..."

Man, WSI is sure helping me get through a boring afternoon. Is it game time yet?

Baby Fisk
04-18-2005, 05:01 PM
I didn't see the M&M guy there yesterday. I wonder if they made him lose the jacket?

Are you sure? There was a white-haired gent in that seat, but the jacket was not present.

cheeses_h_rice
04-18-2005, 05:02 PM
OK, to answer the question more seriously. I've sat right behind home plate only once during a 13-0 blowout of the A's in 2000, after a lot of people had left early, and those are great seats, but really, anywhere in the first few rows along the basepaths to the dugouts are awesome seats, and ditto for the Club level between the bases. The first few rows of the UD in Sections 527-533 are also really nice.

MRKARNO
04-18-2005, 05:02 PM
The very center of the fan deck is underrated as you can see the pitches as good from there as you can just about anywhere. You can get the standard TV view from there and then you can see the entire grandstand at once.

But the best is where M&M's jacket guy sits. :D:

Brian26
04-18-2005, 05:11 PM
The absolute best seats in the house are about 8-12 rows up in the upper deck behind homeplate, from on-deck circle to on-deck circle. Best view in the house. And the annoying-people-factor is generally pretty low there too.

Foulke You
04-18-2005, 05:24 PM
I've always been partial to lower reserved by the outfield wall. Just a personal preference.

mweflen
04-18-2005, 05:30 PM
The absolute best seats in the house are about 8-12 rows up in the upper deck behind homeplate, from on-deck circle to on-deck circle. Best view in the house. And the annoying-people-factor is generally pretty low there too.

Agreed. 533 Row 1 or 2 affords a great view of all balls hit, plays developing in the infield, and you NEVER have someone in front of you blocking your view of the game.

Too far down in the LD makes some plays difficult to see. I think rows 10 and up are best between the basepaths in the LD. Many prefer the 1B side (myself included) because that's where 90% of the baserunning plays take place. So let's say Sec. 125-121 Rows 5-10.

I personally think M&M Guy actually has a pretty crappy seat - he gets to watch Big Umpire Fanny all game, and never really gets to see pitch locations. Behind home plate, you should go for just above the scout seats. You're more likely to get foul balls, too. Sec. 131-133 rows 15-20.

I sit mostly in 520 row 1 or 2. It's a compromise I make for the price cut. You get the 1st base view with no obstructions possible, for $7 on half price nights and $14 regular.

skobabe8
04-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Gimme the upper tier of the bullpen sports bar, first row. Those seats are fantastic, even though rumor has it they raised the price from $10 last year to $15 this year. The view is great, plus you get your own picknick table with waitress! The food is great, and the beer is always flowin.

Dick Allen
04-18-2005, 05:45 PM
Club level seats between the bases, the closer to home plate the better. There's a reason why broadcast booths are there.

the gooch
04-18-2005, 07:18 PM
in the sun, had to leave half way through because you cant see a thing at ground level out there. but oh, the hotdogs there are great! theres a hotdog i will confirm $15 for the patio area, but after paying only $4 each for saturdays tickets thanks to a promotion posted on this site (bless you WSI), i'd say one could make out pretty well. i stayed at field level in the bullpen bar with all the fixins and you get potato chips and coleslaw/tater salad for $4.75. well worth it. when i return i will make a trip there for the dog before going to a seat where i can actually see the game.

illinibk
04-18-2005, 07:25 PM
first couple rows of the bleachers in either right center or left center. Can't go wrong there.

voodoochile
04-18-2005, 07:28 PM
Money no object? Box seats behind the Sox OD circle, first few rows.

Best deal? UD between the OD circles, anywhere in the first 15 rows - trying to get as close to dead on behind the plate as you can.

Shoeless Joe
04-19-2005, 12:29 AM
I gotta say that the first couple of rows behind first base are the absolute best seats in the house. Although I will agree with many of you in saying UD seats behind home plate are awesome as well. The view is unbelievable, plus there are little to no lines.

I've sat in the now called "scout seats" section, back when a loan wasn't needed, and while the view was great I wasn't too impressed. Plus it raises your blood pressure to see umps miss obvious strikes.

batmanZoSo
04-19-2005, 12:57 AM
Money no object? Box seats behind the Sox OD circle, first few rows.

Best deal? UD between the OD circles, anywhere in the first 15 rows - trying to get as close to dead on behind the plate as you can.

Completely agree. Awesome view that you can't get anywhere else without season ticket access.

During sunday's game I spent most of my time on the fun-deck. That's a great view right there. It sealed my position that it was a good addition.

GiveMeSox
04-19-2005, 01:03 AM
what are THE BEST seats in the house

First row behind either of the dugouts. Not only do you get extra legroom you get the dugout as a footest and place to set all your drinks and eats. Plus I enjoy being really close to the players a lot and being able to hear some of the things they are saying, thats why I like it.

D. TODD
04-19-2005, 01:13 AM
The absolute best seats in the house are about 8-12 rows up in the upper deck behind homeplate, from on-deck circle to on-deck circle. Best view in the house. And the annoying-people-factor is generally pretty low there too. I agree premium upper box have a great view and is the best value!

shoota
04-19-2005, 01:33 AM
These:

:)

I prefer the bleachers because of the company surrounding me. Closest row possible, obviously.

chisoxfanatic
04-19-2005, 01:51 AM
I absolutely loved where I was sitting tonight (147, Row 7). I love those first several row seats down the third base line close enough to the diamond.

doublem23
04-19-2005, 01:54 AM
I've always liked the bleachers... Good view of the action and the concourse right there to stretch your legs, grab some food, and not miss any of the game

jenmcm76
04-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Club level seats between the bases, the closer to home plate the better. There's a reason why broadcast booths are there.

Agreed - I love the club level, especially the first base side! I used to sit there all the time when they were still $26 seats, same as the better LD seats). It got really nice once they enclosed that concourse. You get great views of the game, you never have to get up for food or drinks (though you can if you want), and there's never a line for the bathroom. Very few annoying people, too.

Knockoutinthepar
04-19-2005, 06:06 PM
The dougout.

Goodluck getting those.

bafiarocks03
04-19-2005, 06:10 PM
never sat there but i would say sec 136 row AA! right where Bafia sits and the ondeck circle! but in seats i have sat in, 1st baseside anywhere, i like 124 row anything....lol the 1st row!!

Champs2004
04-19-2005, 07:43 PM
GiveMeSox i was gonna say the say the same thing. my dad ended up getting tickets in section 137 between 1998 and 2001 on certain dates when the owner of those seats, Mrs. Veeck had them. loved those seats.