PDA

View Full Version : Do you get psyched up with any pre-game rituals?

Baby Fisk
04-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Living where I do, I only get to watch the Sox on TV for the most part. My ritual is this: exactly 25 minutes before game time, I start playing the self-titled debut CD by The Music (http://www.themusicuk.com/), a group of noisy young british rockers. I let the CD play until the end of the 5th track, which concludes with approx. 60 seconds of glass-rattling guitar and drum mayhem. Then the clock clicks to the top of the hour: CD off, TV on, and I am ready to sit back, relax and strap it down! (sort of) :Rocker:

Anyone else get themselves psyched up with a pre-game ritual? Any other musical recommendations are more than welcome!

DaleJRFan
04-18-2005, 04:27 PM
every night I drive home from work to sit my ars down and watch a Sox game it goes like this: a Quizno's smoked turkey sub, six pack of Bud, 6.1 surround sound and HD, baby!

PatK
04-18-2005, 04:43 PM
The only pre-game ritual I can think of is yelling at the kids that I'm taking over the TV for a couple of hours while I make me a cocktail to enjoy during the game.

Bo Bice 4 Pope
04-18-2005, 05:27 PM
My pre-game ritual varies depending on if it’s a weekday game, weekend game and of course if the game is even being shown on TV (I go to college in Madison, WI which is the state home to the ****ty but sometimes respectable Brew Crue). If it is a weeknight I will usually take it easy and kick back with a couple of cold Colt 45’s in my ice-filled Amigo minicooler next to the recliner. Before the game I usually argue with my roommate (hopeless brewer fan) about various topics or peruse WSI (natch). I also tend to blast my personal anthem “Winona’s Big Brown Beaver” by Primus. That’s regardless of the day. But if it’s a weekend game it’s a whole nother ballgame (pun intended). It is not uncommon for you to catch me halfway through a case before the game has even started, with a couple bowls at the ready. Another interesting way I enjoyed a game last summer was laced out on leak smoke. Don’t remember much of the game itself but whoooooo… in conclusion my pre-game rituals are rituals of contrast.

Foulke You
04-18-2005, 05:27 PM
every night I drive home from work to sit my ars down and watch a Sox game it goes like this: a Quizno's smoked turkey sub, six pack of Bud, 6.1 surround sound and HD, baby!

Replace Quizno's with Mr. Submarine and Bud with MGD and that sounds like a perfect evening to me.:cool:

Rocky Soprano
04-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Replace the sub for some hot wings from Hooters or Buffalo Wild and for beer get a Heineken and then you got yourself a PERFECT evening. :D:

CPditka
04-18-2005, 06:07 PM
quasi ritual of myself and "givemesox" making a large large bowl of chilli cheese dip and strappin it down.

PicktoCLick72
04-18-2005, 07:11 PM
Replace heinekin with Keystone light and mr submrine with whatever is in the fridge and u got my regular night

Jurr
04-18-2005, 07:21 PM
I lucked out (overachieved by a long shot) and got myself a beautiful girlfriend that LOVES the Sox. She cried when Olivo was traded, for God's sake. We have a little pre-game ritual that I hope continues until our 80's. Ahem.....

DaveIsHere
04-18-2005, 07:22 PM
It appears ou are all druggies

I usually eat some dinner(what ever the wife is making(tonight is polish Sausage)), have a couple to a few Miller Lite's though i bought some Red Dog when I went to pick up the pictures from yesterday, cant go wrong 12-Pack, $5.99:D:

I am ready for a Whitesox winner:supernana:

Jurr
04-18-2005, 07:25 PM
It appears ou are all druggies

I usually eat some dinner(what ever the wife is making(tonight is polish Sausage)), have a couple to a few Miller Lite's though i bought some Red Dog when I went to pick up the pictures from yesterday, cant go wrong 12-Pack, $5.99:D:

I am ready for a Whitesox winner:supernana:
I did notice that. We do have some tokers in the house. Hey...whatever brings the good vibes and the great luck. All of you, whether it's drinking, smoking, fooling around :redface: or eating a HUGE meal, keep it up. The routines are bringing the Sox some decent luck so far!

SOXintheBURGH
04-18-2005, 07:28 PM
My apartment is above a liquor store :tongue: , so prior to televised games I shoot down there- grab whatever I'm in the mood for (Amstel and Heineken 12 packs are $11 right now), a pack of smokes; and then I strap it down.

DaveIsHere
04-18-2005, 07:53 PM
My apartment is above a liquor store :tongue: , so prior to televised games I shoot down there- grab whatever I'm in the mood for (Amstel and Heineken 12 packs are $11 right now), a pack of smokes; and then I strap it down.

I always thought DJ looked Stoned

:hawk
"I love strappin it down!!!!!!!!!"

:DJ:smokin: :smokin:
"uuuhh what was that Hawk....hehehe"

:hawk
"Whats so funny DJ?"

:DJ:smokin::smokin:
(while trying to laugh)"nuthin man!!! "