PDA

View Full Version : WLS AM 890 Reporting that Ronnie Woo was Hit By A Car

Wsoxmike59
04-18-2005, 02:45 PM
WLS -AM 890 is reporting this afternoon that a man purportedly to be Ronnie Woo Woo Wickers was struck by a car in the 3600 block of N Clark St.

Fortunately I was at work today, so I have an alibi. :D:

http://www.ronniewoowoo.com/

Foulke You
04-18-2005, 02:49 PM
How long before the Tribune and CLTV start running stories that it was an evil Sox fan who ran him over?

Rocky Soprano
04-18-2005, 02:50 PM
I wonder if this happend by Wrigley.

No matter what I think of him personally, I hope he is ok. I would never wish bad upon anyone.

Tom~Attitude
04-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Best wishes to Mr. WooWoo for a swift recovery. Then we can get back to making fun of him! Meanwhile..Get well!

SOXSINCE'70
04-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Get (WOO!) well (WOO!) soon (WOO!).Don't die on us now.
Sox fans need to make fun of you for a few more years.

Hangar18
04-18-2005, 03:22 PM
CHICAGO MEDIA will soon hold a vigil for him, to be followed by "we knew him"
stories and other such nonsense.

eriqjaffe
04-18-2005, 03:38 PM
I wonder if this happend by Wrigley.Yep. 3600 block of N. Clark.

Personally, I think that's taking this whole "curse-breaking" thing a bit too far.

WhteSox725
04-18-2005, 03:39 PM
It had to have been a jealous White Sox fan.

Rocky Soprano
04-18-2005, 03:43 PM
It had to have been a jealous White Sox fan.

:tealpolice:

Tekijawa
04-18-2005, 03:49 PM
OW wooo OW wooo OW woo...

I'm sorry I couldn't resist. Get well soon Ronnie!

WhteSox725
04-18-2005, 03:49 PM
:tealpolice:

Fixed. My bad. :redface:

gosox41
04-18-2005, 04:02 PM
WLS -AM 890 is reporting this afternoon that a man purportedly to be Ronnie Woo Woo Wickers was struck by a car in the 3600 block of N Clark St.

Fortunately I was at work today, so I have an alibi. :D:

http://www.ronniewoowoo.com/

Well we know the headlines of the Trib's sports section tomorrow.

How soon till they start the 'Woo Woo Watch'

Bob

Brian26
04-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Typical Chicago media. Andy the Clown didn't get this much coverage when he died. All Woo-Woo has to do is get run over by a car and now he's a saint.

Stroker Ace
04-18-2005, 04:06 PM
Guess he couldn't hear the honk-honk over his woo-woo's

kittle42
04-18-2005, 04:10 PM

Bob

The Sun-Times can put it next to the Sammy Watch.

Baby Fisk
04-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Guess he couldn't hear the honk-honk over his woo-woo's

Damn, that's funny. We are all going to hell for this thread.

cheeses_h_rice
04-18-2005, 04:19 PM
I saw him standing in the middle of 35th Street a year or two ago before a Flubs/Sox game.

It's probably a habit of his. No wonder he got hit.

SpammySosa
04-18-2005, 05:23 PM
Maybe they will include this incident in the sequel to Ronnie Woo Woo's movie.

dcb33
04-18-2005, 06:04 PM
Damn, that's funny. We are all going to hell for this thread.

I wonder if the yuppies who bought him a new set of teeth a few years ago will be willing to pitch in and help get him a couple of replacement legs and a new hip.

We can say what we want about Mr. Woo-woo, but he was certainly brave. Last year me and some friends from work went to a game against the Angels over Memorial Day weekend and he was in the same el car as us and the harassment he got could definitely be described as brutal. Unfortunately it sounds as if he was as blindly courageous when crossing the street today after getting a Double Cheeseburger at that McDonald's as he was last year by provoking a car stuffed wall to wall with Sox fans.

Get well, Ronnie. The Cubs will certainly need your help this year.

Jerko
04-18-2005, 10:23 PM
Maybe they will include this incident in the sequel to Ronnie Woo Woo's movie.

I can see it now: Woo Woo II.

SOXPHILE
04-18-2005, 11:07 PM
I have a question: Did either Kasper & Brenley on T.V., or Pat Hughes and Mr.Idiot- :santo -spend a minute or two talking about it, saying what a horrible tragedy it is, get well soon, etc. ? I don't wish any ill will on the poor guy, annoying as he is, and puzzling as it is as to why he's such a folk hero with Coo Nation. I just think that if they did, it shows once again how dumb Planet Cub is, giving continued recognition and validation to to the guy. I can hear it now:Pat Hughes: "Ronnie, some sad news to report today. Ronnie Woo-Woo, a great Cubs fan, a fixture at Wrigley and Cubs games, was injured in a car accident today. We wish him all the best. He is one of the biggest Cub fans there are, and a GREAT human being too.
Ron Santo: "Yeah Pat, he's a wonderful person, as any Cub fan is. He just loves us, loves the Cubs, he's the greatest. Hopefully we can see him soon back out on the streets of Wrigleyville, cheering the Cubs on. We should invite him to throw out the first pitch at a game, and sing the 7th inning stretch with us. He deserves all that, and more."

DumpJerry
04-19-2005, 12:02 AM
I wonder if this happend by Wrigley.
3600 Block of Clark is Clark and Addison.

I fully expect a Moronetti column tomorrow about how dangerous Clark and Addison is with the homocide last year and the Flubs' new closer getting nailed by a car today.......

chuckn98229
04-19-2005, 12:26 AM
Maybe they can create a special place at Cooperstown for Woo-Woo. And then do his body up like Lenin when he dies so it can be displayed. Perhaps even house it in a cardboard display.

JKryl
04-19-2005, 08:35 AM

Bob

I hope the car that hit him didn't hurt those new donated teefers (teeth). They may have to take up another collection for a new set. Count me in for a nickle Woo!

StillMissOzzie
04-19-2005, 09:30 AM
I hope the car that hit him didn't hurt those new donated teefers (teeth). They may have to take up another collection for a new set. Count me in for a nickle Woo!

Hurt those toofies? I just hope that the car is OK...

Hoping for a quick recovery so I don't feel quite as guilty making jokes like this.

SMO
:gulp:

Tom~Attitude
04-19-2005, 09:46 AM
Suntimes WooWoo Update. Treated and released. He'll be Ok ..so we can start making fun of him again! Woo!

SunTimes Linky (http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-woo19.html)

They X-Rayed his brain and didn't find anything.