PDA

View Full Version : Let the Jermaine Dye Experiment End .... Now

Hangar18
04-18-2005, 10:22 AM
It was clear to me 5 games into the season this guy is washed up.
His swing has slowed down, hes lost a step, and hes just starting to hurt
us now. Carlos Lee in our lineup wins us the game yesterday (and 8million)
The pitchers lately have been going right after the guy, knowing he stinks.

Frater Perdurabo
04-18-2005, 10:29 AM
If Frank came back today, and Pods was completely healthy, Dye would sit.

twsoxfan5
04-18-2005, 10:30 AM
You're Annoying Hangar. Give it some time.

DaleJRFan
04-18-2005, 10:32 AM
If Frank came back today, and Pods was completely healthy, Dye would sit.

I am assuming that if Frank was back and Pods was healthy, that Everett would be in right field? Are you sure that Everett would have made the play?

Players make errors. Great players make errors.

If he still hits .200 May 15th or so, I sit him, but not before. Give him time.

Hangar18
04-18-2005, 10:33 AM
You're Annoying. Give it some time.

OK, I see you will play the part of "devils advocate" for the day.
If Ozz insists on Dye in the lineup, put him at the bottom of the lineup,
STOP BATTING HIM 5TH!!!!!!! Hes killing rallies left and right!!!!
Let Rowand bat 5th and AJ 6th. Get him out of that slot, pitchers are
figuring out to pitch around Konerko to get to that slug.

voodoochile
04-18-2005, 10:35 AM
This the same Jermaine Dye who smacked the game tying HR inn the ninth inning against Cleveland last week?

:dunno:

daveeym
04-18-2005, 10:36 AM
:threadsucks

DaleJRFan
04-18-2005, 10:39 AM
OK, I see you will play the part of "devils advocate" for the day.
If Ozz insists on Dye in the lineup, put him at the bottom of the lineup,
STOP BATTING HIM 5TH!!!!!!! Hes killing rallies left and right!!!!
Let Rowand bat 5th and AJ 6th. Get him out of that slot, pitchers are
figuring out to pitch around Konerko to get to that slug.

Though I disagree with your opening statement in this thread, I'll give ya this one! It is still kinda early though...

D. TODD
04-18-2005, 10:43 AM
12 games into the season, is WAY too early to make drastic changes. Dye & A.J. will hit. Don't overreact with a small amount of at bats.

Brian26
04-18-2005, 10:45 AM
This the same Jermaine Dye who smacked the game tying HR inn the ninth inning against Cleveland last week?

:dunno:

Yep, that's the first thing that popped into my head. That was only a little over a week ago.

CHISOXFAN13
04-18-2005, 10:47 AM

Carlos Lee went 0-4 yesterday in a tough loss to STL. Not sure how you can make that assumption.

Hangar18
04-18-2005, 10:55 AM
He does NOT look good at bat right now. He was one of the main
guys I was worried about when they picked him up. I think hes washed up,
his bats slowed down alot .......... if were getting him for his "D", get
him out of that 5th spot before he really starts to lose confidence in himself.
It was sickening to watch them pitching around Konerko yesterday to
get to Dye. I said early on by mid may, Dye will be riding the bench
regularly, he just isnt a starting RF anymore. I'll take his "D", but
drop him in the lineup now, he hurt us big time yesterday and is hitting
.195 .195 hitters shouldnt be batting 5th.

Rocky Soprano
04-18-2005, 10:55 AM
:chickenlittle

There are times that you sound just like a Flubbie :dtroll: .
We are tied for first place, most of our hitters havent gotten on a roll yet and here you are crying and complaining. Give it a rest!

Baby Fisk
04-18-2005, 10:56 AM

Carlos Lee just turns a whiff into a pop-up, same result.

But Dye's performance so far is far from acceptable. Let's see if he turns it up against Minny. I'd really prefer not to have to watch Crazy Carl try to knock down outfield walls at full tilt.

Flight #24
04-18-2005, 11:03 AM

Yes, I'm sure that the way to get a guy out of a slump is to bench him. Or start shuffling the lineup (Hangar - did Jerry Manuel get your logon info). Or better yet, just make a call on a player's ability 2 weeks into the season.

Rocky Soprano
04-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Carlos Lee went 0-4 yesterday in a tough loss to STL. Not sure how you can make that assumption.

Hangar is looking at all his All-Star selections and all those times he carried the Sox on his back.

While I miss Carlos and he was a good player with us, he is no savior. Leave all those kind of claims to the Flub fans. (ie Prior)

Flight #24
04-18-2005, 11:09 AM

In the same vein, other guys who obviously need to see bench time:

Jorge Posada: .211BA
Nomar Garciaparra: .182
Victor Martinez: .179
Adam Dunn: .200
Mike Lowell: .170

And the obvious all-star of the group: Carlos Lee - .222BA

And a host of others. What are they thinking - these guys just plain suck!

jabrch
04-18-2005, 11:13 AM
I wish I was smart enough to be able to take a 5 game (or even a 12 game) sample and figure out how a player would perform over the course of a season. That would be an awesome skill to have. Since there is no way to do that other than WILD ASS GUESSES, I can't fathom how people are so ready to do that here.

Anyone want to waste time looking at players who had a bad 12 game start to the season who ended up as all-stars or even MVPs? I bet there are many many examples. Just look at the Cardinals. 10 games into the season, Pujols is hitting .275. Rolen is hitting .244. Larry Walker is hitting .206. They must be washed up. Look at the Yanks. Posada is hitting .216. A-Rod is hitting .224. Bench them all. NY should end the A-Rod experiment.

This is just another typical overreaction to a non-story blown up into a big deal over nothing that diverts attention from how well this team really is playing.

This thread is so dumb I don't even want to insult the "This Thread Sucks" Guy by making him stay here.

tstrike2000
04-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Jermaine Dye "experiment" can't be any worse than the Joe Crede experiment. If Dye can stay healthy, he'll start hitting. He's always hit well when healthy, unfortunately he's injury plagued.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Jermaine Dye "experiment" can't be any worse than the Joe Crede experiment. If Dye can stay healthy, he'll start hitting. He's always hit well when healthy, unfortunately he's injury plagued.

Ouch! Talk about condemning somebody with faint praise! Dye has 12 games under his belt with the Sox and he is already inviting comparisions to Mighty Joe Crede?

:o:

Hangar18
04-18-2005, 11:16 AM
In the same vein, other guys who obviously need to see bench time:

Jorge Posada: .211BA
Nomar Garciaparra: .182
Victor Martinez: .179
Adam Dunn: .200
Mike Lowell: .170

And the obvious all-star of the group: Carlos Lee - .222BA

And a host of others. What are they thinking - these guys just plain suck!

Hmmmmmmm, this is interesting. Im glad you busted these stats out.
Lets watch the 6 players you listed here. I will write them down for reference. Jermaine Dye will finish LAST to these 6 in average, and just
plain productivity, by the all-star break. He looks that bad right now.

mdep524
04-18-2005, 11:18 AM
This thread is so dumb I don't even want to insult the "This Thread Sucks" Guy by making him stay here.
Oh come on jabrch, this is what I live for! Let me have my moment!

mdep524
04-18-2005, 11:20 AM
I am assuming that if Frank was back and Pods was healthy, that Everett would be in right field? Are you sure that Everett would have made the play? Though I am no advocating benching Jermaine, if Frank DHed and Dye sat I'm assuming the OF would have Rowand in right, Podsednik in center and Everett in left. That's how I would do it.

samram
04-18-2005, 11:22 AM

Well, the whole thing is this is not an experiment at all. Julio Ramirez was an experiment. Jermaine Dye is the starter on the White Sox in RF and there are no better alternatives. I don't want to see Carl Everett play anywhere in the outfield because he's bad at it. Dye will make some game-saving catches and/or throws at some point this year and he will hit far better than he is now. If he's healthy, he's playing.

Flight #24
04-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Hmmmmmmm, this is interesting. Im glad you busted these stats out.
Lets watch the 6 players you listed here. I will write them down for reference. Jermaine Dye will finish LAST to these 6 in average, and just
plain productivity, by the all-star break. He looks that bad right now.

Gee, that's going to be a tough bet since there are a bunch of guys who merited all-star consideration last year. If Dye were to have better stats then them, he'd be an AMAZING signing. Are you sure you don't want to just compare his numbers to ARod, Sheffield, Pujols, and when he comes back - Bonds?

No one thinks he's going to set the world on fire, but he'll be a solid producer and not a significant dropoff from Carlos. In fact he's actually got more HRs than Carlos so far (2-1), and only 2 fewer hits (8-10).

PaleHoseGeorge
04-18-2005, 11:23 AM
Though I am no advocating benching Jermaine, if Frank DHed and Dye sat I'm assuming the OF would have Rowand in right, Podsednik in center and Everett in left. That's how I would do it.

Generally you want the corner outfielder with the stronger throwing arm playing right field. That's because he needs to make long throws across the diamond to third base to cut down runners going from first to third.

I'm pretty sure Rowand is better suited in RF over Everett for precisely this reason. Of course Frank has to get healthy first. Details... details...
:cool:

Hangar18
04-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Ouch! Talk about condemning somebody with faint praise! Dye has 12 games under his belt with the Sox and he is already inviting comparisions to Mighty Joe Crede?

Which is why right now, we cant afford to have Crede & Dye in the same lineup. Crede has more upside to me, because hes A: Younger B: His defense. Now, stacking the two up, I'll take Credes Defense over Dyes
right now. Important thing here to note that i said RIGHT NOW. Dye batting 5th right now is hurting us more than Crede batting 8th. Dye is fast
getting frustrated at all the groundouts with men on, rally ending popups and
strikeouts failing to move the runner over. Its a long season, and we cant
have his confidence being shaken by May.

Flight #24
04-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Which is why right now, we cant afford to have Crede & Dye in the same lineup. Crede has more upside to me, because hes A: Younger B: His defense. Now, stacking the two up, I'll take Credes Defense over Dyes
right now. Important thing here to note that i said RIGHT NOW. Dye batting 5th right now is hurting us more than Crede batting 8th. Dye is fast
getting frustrated at all the groundouts with men on, rally ending popups and
strikeouts failing to move the runner over. Its a long season, and we cant
have his confidence being shaken by May.

The man's been in the league for 9 years and you think a couple-week slump is going to shatter his confidence?

jabrch is right, this thread does that "this thread sucks" guy a disservice. Never have I felt dumber than after reading this.

HomeFish
04-18-2005, 11:29 AM
Would you prefer Borchard?

I don't care how slow his bat is, he's doing a better job than what we would otherwise have there.

spawn
04-18-2005, 11:33 AM

I don't care how slow his bat is, he's doing a better job than what we would otherwise have there.
I blame KW for not resiging Maggs. Can you imagine how good we'd be with him out there?

tstrike2000
04-18-2005, 11:34 AM

I like your response. Hopefully Dye will bust out and Crede will have that breakout year we've been waiting 3 years for.

SSN721
04-18-2005, 11:35 AM
God, this is the pinnacle of the ridiculous threads I have seen on the site this week. For all the statheads and FOBBs we have here how can anybody possibly make assumptions on a player and their years performance based on a 12 game sample. Should we also assume that Pods should be out 50% of the season, Konerko will hit 81 home runs, Everett will knock in about 160 RBI? Please, this is so ridiculous, trends change, averages change, hitters will heat up and slump. I am pissed at Dye too for his performance yesterday, but I can think of other plays over the course of the game that turned it into a loss. The middle of our lineup isnt hitting much at all, we cant bench them all. There is no way I want Everett in the field over Dye, I dont want Everett in the field at all. This is just textbook definition knee-jerk reaction. Although I would expect nothing less from you Hangar. I dont know how you can possibly guarantee CLee would have won us this game.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Perhaps the obvious needs to be stated?
:?:

The "Jermaine Dye experiment" isn't ending because major league talent doesn't grow on trees. (For further evidence of this fact, see "Experiment, Borchard.")

Thus it's pretty obvious what the response to this one ought to be.

"Hey dude, what's the score?"

Hangar18
04-18-2005, 11:39 AM
God, this is the pinnacle of the ridiculous threads I have seen on the site this week. For all the statheads and FOBBs we have here how can anybody possibly make assumptions on a player and their years performance based on a 12 game sample. Should we also assume that Pods should be out 50% of the season, Konerko will hit 81 home runs, Everett will knock in about 160 RBI? Please, this is so ridiculous, trends change, averages change, hitters will heat up and slump. I am pissed at Dye too for his performance yesterday, but I can think of other plays over the course of the game that turned it into a loss. The middle of our lineup isnt hitting much at all, we cant bench them all. There is no way I want Everett in the field over Dye, I dont want Everett in the field at all. This is just textbook definition knee-jerk reaction. Although I would expect nothing less from you Hangar. I dont know how you can possibly guarantee CLee would have won us this game.

anyone watch his at bats? this isnt knee-jerk. He looks brutal right now,
the worst of our starting 9. Everyone seems to think his "defense" is what
we need. Fine, I agree to an extent of him over Everett. Get him out
of that 5th hole. Hes hurting us and himself there. Watching Mariner
pitching go right after the guy and his confidence sinking isnt helpful to him
or the Sox

balke
04-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Perhaps the obvious needs to be stated?

The "Jermaine Dye experiment" isn't ending because major league talent doesn't grow on trees. (For further evidence of this fact, see "Experiment, Borchard.")

Thus it's pretty obvious what the response to this one ought to be.

"Hey dude, what's the score?"

12 games into the season is way too early to freak-out about Jermaine. If he keeps it up though, he's not doing anything much different than what Borchard would be doing out there. I don't even see all the range I was expecting from Dye being in RF. Borchard was pretty decent defensively, and we already know he can hit a hr and bat .190. Borchard was hot this spring. If 30 games in Jermaine is hitting like this, I'd rather see Joe B. back.

daveeym
04-18-2005, 11:49 AM
this isnt knee-jerk. So what is it then tinfoil?:?:

Hangar18
04-18-2005, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE=D. TODD]12 games into the season, is WAY too early .............QUOTE]

I remember Jerry Manuel used to say the same thing ........

JoseCanseco6969
04-18-2005, 12:16 PM
:threadblows:
Please wait until more than 7% of the season is over to make judgements. We have had a great start, so lets enjoy it. You cant get the entire team to produce at once. Dye will come around, hes a proven veteran.

Maybe we can make this a stuck thread with Homefish's Dark cloud thread in Whats the Score? Just an idea.

voodoochile
04-18-2005, 12:25 PM
I remember Jerry Manuel used to say the same thing ........

Yes, but he was talking about team performance, not player performance. There is a HUGE difference. Every player is going to struggle over a two week period this season - yep EVERY SINGLE ONE of them.

Do you really think Paulie would have 6 HR already with someone else batting behind him? Maybe Dye isn't getting it done at present, but his name, reputation and ability through the years still cause other teams to react to him and factor him into their thinking about how to pitch to the other guys around him. With Rowand starting to hit, Dye will start to see more fastballs, because now HE has some protection too.

This one is too silly for even your conspiracies, Hangar. :rolleyes:

Hangar18
04-18-2005, 12:33 PM
With Rowand starting to hit, Dye will start to see more fastballs, because now HE has some protection too.

This one is too silly for even your conspiracies, Hangar. :rolleyes:

I hope so Voodoo, his at-bats the last 3 games drove me nuts

Kogs35
04-18-2005, 12:35 PM
oy veh hangar give it a rest. stop acting like a :dtroll: and enjoy the great start. i know i am.

Lip Man 1
04-18-2005, 12:56 PM
I think it is to early to make any actual determinations about anyone. In point of fact, the majority of every offensive player on the Sox is struggling right now.

Like Ozzie said and I'm paraphrasing here, last year, with this start we would have won two games, not eight...

I'm not saying legitimate questions don't exist about individual players, just that with only a handful of games played, I don't see how anyone can predict the future yet.

Plus from a practical standpoint as PHG said, even if there is a problem, what do you expect the Sox to do? It's not like they can go out an buy anybody they want. It's so early even if they could, other teams aren't going to be dealing yet.

Lip

santo=dorf
04-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Even his home run friday night? :?:

FarWestChicago
04-18-2005, 01:40 PM
this isnt knee-jerk.Actually, yes, it is.

TaylorStSox
04-18-2005, 02:30 PM
You think they pitched around PK to get to Dye yesterday? Are you even watching the freakin games? Pauly got himself out yesterday. Everytime he came to bat, he was challenged. What BS. Take some prozac and actually watch the games.

kittle42
04-18-2005, 02:55 PM
You see, Hangar doesn't want to replace Dye with Borchard or any other player in the minors. He wants to replace him with Carlos Lee, which is of course not very likely.

Foulke You
04-18-2005, 03:28 PM
I have to disagree with you Hangar. You are probably going to feel a lot different about the Dye signing the moment he starts heating up, and he certainly will, I am very confident about that. Give him time, it is early, he is on a new team in a new division. Plus, if you are going to single out Dye, you have to mention guys like AJ Pierzynski, Aaron Rowand, Juan Uribe, and Joe Crede because those 4 haven't exactly been lighting it up either. As far as Dye looking the worst, A.J. has taken some swings that have looked every bit as sick as Dye's. The only two in the lineup who have looked impressive this year are Everett and Paulie and we are still 8W-4L! Just think how nice it will be when we start getting production from the lower half of the order.

SOXSINCE'70
04-18-2005, 04:20 PM
If this were June,I might agree.Once again,with feeling;

IT'S ONLY APRIL!!!

Give the man some time,Hangar.You really are starting to
sound like a sCrUBS fan,as others on this board have stated
before.:gulp: :gulp:

eastchicagosoxfan
04-18-2005, 09:36 PM
It's April!!! So many people know more about the game than people who have played it their whole life it amuses me to no end. Crede will hit .255, with 20 homers, score 75 runs, and drive in 75. And he will play solid defense. And he has 150 games yet to get it done. Those are Graig Nettles's type numbers. The juiced age is over. I'm not saying he's as good as Nettles, but Crede will put up similar numbers, just not reach the peak years Nettles had, or play as long.

TheBull19
04-19-2005, 02:52 AM
Get him out
of that 5th hole.

While I disagree with the overall point of this thread, I agree sliding him down to the 6th or 7th spot might be a good idea - moving Rowand to 5th might help him get into a groove as well.

Flight #24
04-19-2005, 10:48 AM
FWIW - if Carl continues to hit (and I think he will), he effectively replaces Carlos in the lineup when Frank comes back. Then you have Pods/Dye replacing the unholy trinity of Gload/Borchard/Perez, which HAS to be an upgrade. Not to mention Iguchi-Valentin & Pierzynski-Davis. Or the starter upgrade....or the bullpen upgrade.

So much for the bemoaned "loss of power", we can actually roll out a lineup with MORE power than we had for most of last year.

Skippy
04-19-2005, 12:10 PM
FWIW - if Carl continues to hit (and I think he will), he effectively replaces Carlos in the lineup when Frank comes back. Then you have Pods/Dye replacing the unholy trinity of Gload/Borchard/Perez, which HAS to be an upgrade. Not to mention Iguchi-Valentin & Pierzynski-Davis. Or the starter upgrade....or the bullpen upgrade.

So much for the bemoaned "loss of power", we can actually roll out a lineup with MORE power than we had for most of last year.

Good point.

Plus, at least Jermaine is healthy and playing, unlike Magglio.

Shorty1983
04-19-2005, 02:50 PM
[yawn] What's today date? Oh yea, its April 18th.

Hangar18
04-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Give the man some time,Hangar.You really are starting to
sound like a sCrUBS fan,as others on this board have stated
before.:gulp: :gulp:

I hope my lamenting his .180 average in the 5th hole doesnt make
everyone think I love the cubs, heh heh.

SOXSINCE'70
04-19-2005, 03:06 PM
I hope my lamenting his .180 average in the 5th hole doesnt make
everyone think I love the cubs, heh heh.

I'm just asking you to relax.Dye is a notorious slow starter,IIRC.
He'll get it together.I can't see him hitting .330,but .280,25,105
is very much doable if he stays healthy.:gulp:

batmanZoSo
04-20-2005, 01:37 AM

I'm a Dye supporter, I know he'll come around as long as he's healthy, but I agree if a player's in the lineup when he's struggling this bad, he's got to be down in the order. But the problem is who takes his spot? Rowand--struggling. Pierzynski--scuffling. Uribe--struffling. Konerko--doing his best Bonds impression (without the OBP or AVG). So you see this is pretty much pointless. All we have to do is ride it out and wait for all these guys to start hitting.

ma_deuce
04-20-2005, 02:13 AM

:cower:

Hey, lets not get crazy here. :wink:

Rocky Soprano
04-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Anything else to say Hangar? :redneck

Hangar18
04-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Anything else to say Hangar? :redneck

Cmon Jermaine, We need you !!

onesox
10-31-2005, 05:11 PM
Love looking back at the old threads.....
Hangar you have anything new to add about Dye....or should I say the World Series MVP?????

MISoxfan
10-31-2005, 05:44 PM
Crede will hit .255, with 20 homers, score 75 runs, and drive in 75. And he will play solid defense.

The Runs and RBI's were off, but that was a very accurate prediction.

skobabe8
10-31-2005, 06:10 PM
Hangar, that may be some of the best tasting and satisfying crow you ever eat.

FarWestChicago
10-31-2005, 06:16 PM
Hangar, that may be some of the best tasting and satisfying crow you ever eat.I think you underestimate Hangar's obsession. We'll see a "Dye sucks" rant any day now. :redneck

FedEx227
10-31-2005, 06:26 PM
Lol yeah, Hanger will not buckle under pressure...just wait.

buehrle4cy05
10-31-2005, 07:33 PM
I think you underestimate Hangar's obsession. We'll see a "Dye sucks" rant any day now. :redneck

Dye sucks! Did you see his last round of golf? I mean, if he wasn't hitting so well in the postseason, he could have been working on his golf game!

rowand33
10-31-2005, 07:51 PM
hahaha. that's hilarious. kudos to whoever bumped this.

ShoelessJoeS
10-31-2005, 08:17 PM
Hangar, that may be some of the best tasting and satisfying crow you ever eat.
LOL, how shoota-like of him to say that...speaking of which, where is that coward?

The Dude
10-31-2005, 08:18 PM
LOL, how shoota-like of him to say that...speaking of which, where is that coward?

Banned

LongLiveFisk
10-31-2005, 08:50 PM

Wow...this is precisely the reason I don't make a habit of ranting about a player's "declining" ability. :tongue:

HotelWhiteSox
10-31-2005, 10:43 PM
He's too Garret Anderson-y, its obvoius from his comments and mellow personality that there's no way his head can be in the game. Joe Morgan was probably signaling signs to him from the broadcast booth to get back at the Astros

batmanZoSo
10-31-2005, 10:58 PM
I'd like to humbly point out my post above in this thread. Yes, I rule! :redface: (see: blind squirrel/nut)

The Dude
11-01-2005, 01:28 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51007&highlight=players+contracts

another amusing old thread

Title:
"why did we get dye"

jabrch
11-01-2005, 01:46 AM
I still don't get why people respond to drivel like this. Dye played great RF, hit .275, had a .500+ SLG and 31 HRs. That's decent production for 5mm.

How bout this - we could have resigned Ordonez for 15mm. Greedy-O had a .436 slg and 8 HRs in 305 ABs. In the other 300 ABs on the year, we'd have had Borchard or Timo in RF. That would have really made people happy. Oh, and let's remember the 10mm per year that we'd have been sinking into those guys instead of AJ, Iguchi, Hermanson and Duque.

Really - we'd have been much better off that way.

It's amazing how some people here don't get it.

SOXfnNlansing
11-01-2005, 07:41 AM
WS MVP sucks !!

zach23
11-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Hangar just wants to be the darkest of the dark clouds. It is his mission in life. Well, that and worrying about every little thing that the northside team does.
This is the same guy that was still complaining about the Sox being cheap on the eve of the World Series.
I don't think he is happy unless he has something to complain about. Now that the World Series is finally over he will be in his glory griping about every offseason move and screaming that payroll has been decreased even if it goes up $10 million again.
As the season approaches we should see a post about how he is not keeping his season ticket package because the Sox won't sign the players they need to win.

Hangar18
11-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Hangar just wants to be the darkest of the dark clouds. It is his mission in life. Well, that and worrying about every little thing that the northside team does.
This is the same guy that was still complaining about the Sox being cheap on the eve of the World Series.
I don't think he is happy unless he has something to complain about. Now that the World Series is finally over he will be in his glory griping about every offseason move and screaming that payroll has been decreased even if it goes up $10 million again.
As the season approaches we should see a post about how he is not keeping his season ticket package because the Sox won't sign the players they need to win.

Ummmmmmmmmmm NO. Dye didnt hit .275 all season. He was pretty bad for a good chunk of the season and wasnt there when we needed him. Til the Playoffs and World Series. If there was ever a guy to step up his game, he sure did it and tip of the cap to him. Im keeping my season package and all my "complaints" were legit. Dye wasnt good for a good part of the season. He picked it up when we needed it. Good for him. Personally, my WS MVP went to Paul Konerko and October Joe Crede.
I worried about every little thing the Nside team did because it directly affected the perception and attention the Sside team got. Whether you think it or not, northside team affects southside team. Our own Mayor Daley even mentioned, during a speech right after we won, talking about how everyone (the media) said the SOX werent good, and they would fade in June, and they dont have the players, and blah blah blah. He knew exactly who he was talking about, and so am I. Were going to start getting our fair shake soon enough now, were CHAMPS. Think of my posts Zach23, the next time a cub fan tells you that we "dont have fans" or that its "too violent" around the Cell.

zach23
11-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Oh please, before the season started you were bitching about payroll not going up as much as you would like and crying about the loss of Carlos Lee. You told everyone how you were thinking of not renewing your season tickets because you wanted to be cheap like the Sox. You bitched all season about the same things even as the wins were racking up. You continued to marvel at how great a G.M. Jim Hendry is in your eyes.
Then on the eve of the World Series you continued your complaining. Here is a good example. http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=904077#post904077

Face it, you live to be miserable. You are almost as miserable as Homefish.

Edit> And the next time any cub fans says anything to me, I don't need your paranoid rantings as a defense. I have a World Series hat to stick in his face. That alone trumps any arguments from here on out.

It's Time
11-03-2005, 09:25 PM
Edit> And the next time any cub fans says anything to me, I don't need your paranoid rantings as a defense. I have a World Series hat to stick in his face. That alone trumps any arguments from here on out.

Which is why it's important to win another before they win one. If they do ever manage to win one, it's back to even and the war begins once again.

I had a debate with a cubs fan yesterday and he said if someone told him that the White Sox would win the world series this year but the cubs would win 3 in the next 8 years, he would take it and not look back.

He should worry about winning one, let alone 3. If it ever did happen, leaving town is always an option.

It's Time
11-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Back to Dye. He's earned a place in White Sox history. Should he tank next year, he will always be remembered for being a huge part of the reason the trophy was won.

jabrch
11-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Which is why it's important to win another before they win one. If they do ever manage to win one, it's back to even and the war begins once again.

I had a debate with a cubs fan yesterday and he said if someone told him that the White Sox would win the world series this year but the cubs would win 3 in the next 8 years, he would take it and not look back.

He should worry about winning one, let alone 3. If it ever did happen, leaving town is always an option.

Who Cares?

FarWestChicago
11-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Im keeping my season package and all my "complaints" were legit.No Hangar, your "complaints" were not legit. You seriously need help. You don't have the slightest grasp on reality. Only shoota rivals your mania.

Dickie Kerr
11-03-2005, 10:26 PM

zach23
11-03-2005, 10:35 PM
No Hangar, your "complaints" were not legit. You seriously need help. You don't have the slightest grasp on reality. Only shoota rivals your mania.

The Mount Rushmore of the Dark Clouds, Hangar, shoota, Homefish and Chisoxbob.

OEO Magglio
11-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmm NO. Dye didnt hit .275 all season. He was pretty bad for a good chunk of the season and wasnt there when we needed him. Til the Playoffs and World Series. If there was ever a guy to step up his game, he sure did it and tip of the cap to him. Im keeping my season package and all my "complaints" were legit. Dye wasnt good for a good part of the season. He picked it up when we needed it. Good for him. Personally, my WS MVP went to Paul Konerko and October Joe Crede.
I worried about every little thing the Nside team did because it directly affected the perception and attention the Sside team got. Whether you think it or not, northside team affects southside team. Our own Mayor Daley even mentioned, during a speech right after we won, talking about how everyone (the media) said the SOX werent good, and they would fade in June, and they dont have the players, and blah blah blah. He knew exactly who he was talking about, and so am I. Were going to start getting our fair shake soon enough now, were CHAMPS. Think of my posts Zach23, the next time a cub fan tells you that we "dont have fans" or that its "too violent" around the Cell.
He had a bad April and that is it...you are ridiculous. He batted .175 in April, .275 in May, .337 in June, .292 in July, .273 in August, and .286 in september/October. He also hit 31 homeruns this season and was our 2nd best overall hitter on the team when including power numbers. In other words you were wrong as usual but won't admit it because good players have to be making 10 million dollars a year otherwise JR is being cheap.:rolleyes:

FarWestChicago
11-03-2005, 10:37 PM
The Mount Rushmore of the Dark Clouds, Hangar, shoota, Homefish and Chisoxbob.What about The Master, Lip, and CubKilla?

zach23
11-03-2005, 10:41 PM
What about The Master, Lip, and CubKilla?

I guess we need something bigger than Mount Rushmore. :smile:

Has Cubkilla even posted anything since they won?

edit> I would give Lip a break though, he wasn't dark clouding when they were winning in the postseason and hasn't complained about a thing now that they won. I really believe now that he saw them win it all he won't be much of a dark cloud anymore.

voodoochile
11-03-2005, 11:11 PM
No Hangar, your "complaints" were not legit. You seriously need help. You don't have the slightest grasp on reality. Only shoota rivals your mania.

I did love the shootaesque comment about the real MVP award. Crede's HR's don't count to Shoota and Dye isn't the MVP according to Henry. Hey maybe they can both go write for BP where the Sox weren't actually ALC champions either...:tongue:

Hanger, you deserve to get roundly thrased for this thread. It's now officially an unintentional moment of humor like Cheeses thread asking his thread get stuck until the Sox are elimnated which right now looks like next August earliest.

Take your lumps, smile, walk away, kick a can give it an aw shucks take a deep breath and...

Let...

It...

Go...

Just picture this moment - I am planning on taking my first trip back to Chicago just to see it...

"Welcome to opening day at US Celluler Field. Please rise and join us in saluting your 2005 World Champion White Sox. (Massive applause and screaming) If you will look to right field you will see the World Series Champions Flag being raised forever more."

Chisox003
11-03-2005, 11:24 PM
"He was pretty bad for a good chunk of the season and wasnt there when we needed him....."

(3 lines later...)

"....Dye wasnt good for a good part of the season. He picked it up when we needed it. Good for him."
Right....

CLR01
11-04-2005, 02:37 AM
I guess we need something bigger than Mount Rushmore. :smile:

Has Cubkilla even posted anything since they won?

edit> I would give Lip a break though, he wasn't dark clouding when they were winning in the postseason and hasn't complained about a thing now that they won. I really believe now that he saw them win it all he won't be much of a dark cloud anymore.

The last supper painting? :?:

Lip was not dark clouding during the playoffs because he wasn't around much.

CLR01
11-04-2005, 02:39 AM
He had a bad April and that is it...you are ridiculous. He batted .175 in April, .275 in May, .337 in June, .292 in July, .273 in August, and .286 in september/October. He also hit 31 homeruns this season and was our 2nd best overall hitter on the team when including power numbers. In other words you were wrong as usual but won't admit it because good players have to be making 10 million dollars a year otherwise JR is being cheap.:rolleyes:

Don't even bother to bring up stats and under no circumstance do you compare PK's number to Dye's.