PDA

View Full Version : Who will bust out first?

mdep524
04-17-2005, 11:22 PM
With the exception of Crazy Carl, the entire Sox line up, especially the meat of the order, seems to be in a funk to start the season. It's only a matter of time before some of these guys start hitting, so who's going to be the first to get hot and bust of out his slump?

*By the way, did you guys know the last time Paulie had a hit that wasn't a homerun was 10 days ago?!? I'll take the HRs, but that just seems so weird!

shoota
04-17-2005, 11:26 PM
Well, considering Crede has an eight game hitting streak going (I think), I'm going to go with him. I don't have much confidence in the man, but he does seem to have the inside track of the guys who are slumping.

popilius
04-18-2005, 12:14 AM
I think Rowand will start getting pretty hot pretty soon. He's been looking good at the plate, so it's kind of surprising his avg. is low. . . baseball's a funny sport.

I really hope Dye will get going, though. We really need him to produce, and especially to protect Konerko.

:gulp:

fusillirob1983
04-18-2005, 12:29 AM
I'm not worried about any of them. If you look at batting averages around the league, you'll see that some players that usually hit well haven't hit much yet, and some that usually are average players are doing really well so far.

TheBull19
04-18-2005, 01:46 AM
I'm not worried about any of them. If you look at batting averages around the league, you'll see that some players that usually hit well haven't hit much yet, and some that usually are average players are doing really well so far.

Yeah, and they're all on my fantasy teams

SoxxoS
04-18-2005, 02:30 AM
Rowand is traditionally a slow starter and will turn it on in the next few weeks.

I think Jermaine will bust out soonest, b/c he can't be this bad that long. He looks awful.

Cowch44
04-18-2005, 02:32 AM
Rowand is traditionally a slow starter and will turn it on in the next few weeks.

I think Jermaine will bust out soonest, b/c he can't be this bad that long. He looks awful.
It's lately seemed that most of The Sox have played better in the hottest months.

mike squires
04-18-2005, 05:41 AM
In another thread awhile back I mentioned I feel "weird" about this team and this is exactly the reason. Our hitters haven't been hitting all that much. Luckily our pitchers are pitching. We are lucky to be where we are...

The Racehorse
04-18-2005, 06:13 AM

I agree with this sentiment... though I think A.J. is due to pick it up at a slightly higher clip than the rest of those listed.

JRIG
04-18-2005, 06:16 AM
If my memory is correct, Dye is a very streaky hitter. Once he gets going I expect him to be able to put the team on his back for a week or two. The problem is you have to live with the slumps as well.

Frater Perdurabo
04-18-2005, 08:57 AM
Frank Thomas

:o:

PaleHoseGeorge
04-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Frank Thomas

EXACTLY.

What we've seen from our line up is precisely what I would have expected. The only one who gets a pass is Podsednik because he has been hurt and not playing.

Without Frank in the middle of our team's line up, nobody ought to be surprised that the Sox offense struggles. The pitchers aren't scared of guys like Paul Konerko or Carl Everett, forget about Aaron Rowand or Jermaine Dye. Some of you people just need to deal with it.

Frankly I'm more worried about what Ozzie and KW are thinking.

:ozzie
"My offense sucks and Frank is the problem, even when he isn't here!"

:KW
"I'll let Frank walk and bring back Royce Clayton!"

mdep524
04-18-2005, 10:38 AM
Frank Thomas

I agree Frank will be a big lift, but if he's the next Sox hitter to go on a hot streak...over a month from now...then we're in trouble!

voodoochile
04-18-2005, 11:09 AM
I think Rowand already IS busting out, so I voted for AJ because I think he is about ready to start hitting.