PDA

View Full Version : Another infidel converted to the one true faith!

ThatGuyOnTheL
04-17-2005, 07:34 PM
My girlfriend is absolutely whip-smart, gorgeous, and all-around wonderful, but she has a few nagging Trixie tendencies - namely, an apartment in LP and a pink Scrubs shirt. Imagine my surprise, then, when she called me this week with the following news:

"You're always telling me that Cubs fans are drunken, immature frat boys. Well, today my friends and I were having lunch outside at [some cookie-cutter Wrigleyville place], and this frat boy just walks up to us and shouts "WHORES!" and runs away. You know what, I'm sick of being a Cubs fan. I'm just sick of the whole scene. Let's go to a Sox game sometime."

I loved her before, but I love her even more now.... :cool:

Tom

Kogs35
04-17-2005, 07:37 PM
My girlfriend is absolutely whip-smart, gorgeous, and all-around wonderful, but she has a few nagging Trixie tendencies - namely, an apartment in LP and a pink Scrubs shirt. Imagine my surprise, then, when she called me this week with the following news:

"You're always telling me that Cubs fans are drunken, immature frat boys. Well, today my friends and I were having lunch outside at [some cookie-cutter Wrigleyville place], and this frat boy just walks up to us and shouts "WHORES!" and runs away. You know what, I'm sick of being a Cubs fan. I'm just sick of the whole scene. Let's go to a Sox game sometime."

Tom

awesome and :welcome: :cheers:

SOXintheBURGH
04-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Nice story.. make sure you do what she says and get her to the park!

Oh, and welcome aboard! :gulp:

ThatGuyOnTheL
04-17-2005, 08:43 PM
Thanks so much, guys - though I guess it's more of a "welcome back" now that my signature reflects my previous life on WSI :smile:

GiveMeSox
04-17-2005, 09:57 PM

Tom

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD YEEESSSSSS!

wildcat
04-18-2005, 10:06 AM
My boyfriend has been on a several-month campaign to make me a Sox fan. (I'm a former Indians and Cubs fan...) While he hasn't yet succeeded in turning me fully against the Cubs, I have definitely started rooting for and following the Sox (one might even call me a borderline-obsessive fan). Going to games is the key-- it's hard not to cheer for a team when you see them all the time and feel like you know the players! :smile:

Clembasbal
04-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Thanks so much, guys - though I guess it's more of a "welcome back" now that my signature reflects my previous life on WSI :smile:

Are you that kid/adult on the Orange Line that constantly asks for "Change? Change? You got any change?"

If so...what the hell is wrong with my nickels and dimes that I gave you? You jerk! You ask for change, that is all I had, you don't have to make a scene! Stop doing drugs!

If not...good for you!

SOXSINCE'70
04-18-2005, 03:24 PM

Tom

She sounds like a keeper to me.:yup: :yup:

skobabe8
04-18-2005, 04:42 PM
Awesome dude! One game at the cell and she'll be hooked.

JKryl
04-19-2005, 08:41 AM
So, just how skimpy is this little pink shirt? Just asking for clarification you understand.