PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Back In Chicago

Lip Man 1
04-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Frank is apparently back in Chicago ready to start working out with the Sox. Interesting story...according to the reporter it sounds like he's closer to returning then first thought. Don't know how true that is, but it would be very good news.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050416soxbrite,1,4918974.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Lip

AJPosguchi
04-16-2005, 10:31 PM
I whole heartedly concur with one statement:

"These are my teammates and I wish them well. And I want a ring. I don't care how we get it, we need to get a ring."

fusillirob1983
04-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Wow, I was just going to point out that quote. Great stuff, can't wait til the big guy comes back.

DumpJerry
04-16-2005, 10:40 PM
Lookin' good! I discount some of the things the Sox say about the health of their players. This is not for the same reason as the Flubs who outright lie about their players' health. The Flubs will say a player has slight shoulder discomfort while his arm is dangling by the tendons....meanwhile the Sox were all but announcing that Buehrle's foot was amputated before saying it was a minor thing and he would pitch Opening Day after all.........................

I'm thinking Memorial Day will be celebrated with The Hurt stepping out of the phone booth and sending it deep...real deep....way back.....he looks up...GONE!:D:

HebrewHammer
04-16-2005, 11:11 PM
I guess he stopped over in Los Angeles and had Mr. Miyagi perform his magic rub on his foot, you know, the one that helped Daniel-san defeat Cobra Kai.

MRKARNO
04-16-2005, 11:17 PM
Let's just say that even though I brought out that quote from Will Carroll's column in an earlier thread, I put a lot more stock into what comes out of Thomas's own mouth and what the team is saying than what I read there. Unlike his favorite organization (you can guess which one that is), the White Sox are very straightforward with the health of their players to the public and if they say he's likely going to be ready by late-May, then I'll take their word for it. I'm sorry I ever doubted Frank's ability to get healthy, but the recent setback kinda scared me. Here's to Frank Thomas's return by the Cubs-Sox series in late May! :thumbsup:

Fake Chet Lemon
04-16-2005, 11:31 PM
I put a lot more stock into what comes out of Thomas's own mouth and what the team is saying than what I read there.... :thumbsup:

I think you are so right. With Frank's crazy contract potentially making him a free-agent at the end of this season, he has to be cautious on his return. So what comes out of Frank's mouth will absolutely rule the day. He won't take a major gamble, to do so would be foolish. Not to get off track, but it's a shame he got this diminished skills crappy contract thrown at him because he didn't juice. If he'd been a juicer, he'd probably be making $18mil instead like the rest of them did.