PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle's 6+ inning streak

Stroker Ace
04-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Saw on Baseball Tonight the Buehrle has 31 consecutive starts going 6+ innings. This is by far the longest current streak. Why is Buehrle not getting the respect he deserves!?!?!?

samram
04-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Well, he's starting to get it. If you can get Kruk to get his face out of the trough and take notice, that's pretty impressive.

Also, did anyone ele get a kick out of when Kruk responded to one of Phillips's comments with "Well Steve, that's why you're working with us?":D: Then, two minutes later, they had Phillips talk about how to rebuild the Rockies.

PAPChiSox729
04-16-2005, 09:57 PM
31 starts is a long time. That is nearly a whole season. IIRC, Schilling ran off like 38 straight. BBTN said RJ was second with 19. Buehrle is in with some nice company.

The Racehorse
04-16-2005, 09:59 PM
Buehrle is in with some nice company. The Big Unit is in some nice company, imo. :wink:

AntoneSmith2
04-16-2005, 10:55 PM
Thats some impressive stuff

Corlose 15
04-16-2005, 11:07 PM
In my opinion, with regards to the 6+ inning streak, Buehrle is in his own company.

elrod
04-17-2005, 01:28 AM
What's amazing is that it includes some real duds in there too, when he just didn't have it but then muscled his way through. Last year in Montreal? Last year at home against Philly?

MHOUSE
04-17-2005, 01:41 AM
It seems like the rare times that he gets rocked early, he always ends up gutting out 6 or 7 innings anyways and giving the Sox a chance to win. He's a consistent and durable young pitcher and it's only a matter of time before he gets the respect/notice he deserves.

Ron Karkovice
04-17-2005, 01:46 AM
It seems like the rare times that he gets rocked early, he always ends up gutting out 6 or 7 innings anyways and giving the Sox a chance to win. He's a consistent and durable young pitcher and it's only a matter of time before he gets the respect/notice he deserves.

he's a pretty damn good fielder as well...

I only time i get frustrated with him is when he seems to give up too many 0-2, 1-2 count hits... but other then that, he is the ace of both sides of chicago.

Nellie_Fox
04-17-2005, 01:48 AM
The Big Unit is in some nice company, imo. :wink:What's your point? And what does it have to do with this thread?

Stroker Ace
04-17-2005, 02:07 AM
What's your point? And what does it have to do with this thread?

The second longest active streak is Unit's at 16 games.

Nellie_Fox
04-17-2005, 02:12 AM
The second longest active streak is Unit's at 16 games.Which is not even close, and you could have said that instead of making a mysterious post.

VivaOzzie
04-17-2005, 02:32 AM
Which is not even close, and you could have said that instead of making a mysterious post.

Not the least bit mysterious to me...I'd rather have Buehrle on my staff than RJ these days, whether its for one season or more. I think Buehrle is finally going to make himself recognized by all this season.

The Racehorse
04-17-2005, 06:36 AM
What's your point? And what does it have to do with this thread?
My point is that Buehrle is the standard during this streak, not Randy Johnson.

Nellie, my advice to you is to stop taking yourself so seriously. Relax and have some fun. And while your at it, use your imagination.

Not the least bit mysterious to me...I'd rather have Buehrle on my staff than RJ these days, whether its for one season or more. I think Buehrle is finally going to make himself recognized by all this season. Yeah, great minds think alike. :D:

nasox
04-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Thats amazing. Baseball Tonight report something factual and relevant? That happens all the time.

:blockhead "I know. ESPN and Baseball Tonight are the premier baseball reporting network. We have everything right. If we say it, it is true.....

...Biatch!"

JoseCanseco6969
04-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Even though Kruk was saying positive stuff about Buehrle, I barely could stomach listening to him. It seemed as though he was reading this info for the first time and seemed nervous. It was very poorly delivered. And the credit for the short game, which we all know is Buehrle's trademark, was given to Ozzie?????? How the hell is Ozzie the reason for a short game?? Hes not the one throwing. The baseball tonight crew are still a bunch of idiots until proven otherwise.

Nellie_Fox
04-18-2005, 12:43 AM
My point is that Buehrle is the standard during this streak, not Randy Johnson.

Nellie, my advice to you is to stop taking yourself so seriously. Relax and have some fun. And while your at it, use your imagination.How was I taking myself too seriously? I just did not understand your reference. Use my imagination? I'm supposed to imagine what you were talking about?

I was being dead serious when I asked what your point was. It was the first reference to The Unit in the thread, and to me it was extremely vague.

NardiWasHere
04-18-2005, 01:13 AM
It was the first reference to The Unit in the thread, and to me it was extremely vague.

Randy was mentioned in the 3rd post.

Now that its all cleared up... I like Kruk. He's a fun guy, makes sense most of the time, and just said he's known Ozzie for a long time and knows he likes to get right to buisness.

Nellie_Fox
04-18-2005, 01:20 AM
Randy was mentioned in the 3rd post.I just went and looked. Sorry that I didn't pick up on who "RJ" was. I believe that's the first time I've ever heard him referred to as RJ.

The Racehorse
04-18-2005, 06:08 AM
I just went and looked. Sorry that I didn't pick up on who "RJ" was. I believe that's the first time I've ever heard him referred to as RJ.

Hey, no problem.

:)