PDA

View Full Version : Sox Intro Redux

Viva Medias B's
04-16-2005, 07:59 PM
I am sure someone mentioned this already, but I did not see it. Anyway, "Thunderstruck" is back in the Sox intro. The one thing I wish, however, is that Gene Honda do the intro with more enthusiasm. I don't know if he's been battling a cold or something like that, but Honda's introduction Friday night seemed subdued.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-16-2005, 08:02 PM
I was glad to hear Thunderstuck today. Also, the new videos they play before the game are great. They did a great job with the Chicago video and the Sox history video.

SpammySosa
04-16-2005, 08:10 PM
I am sure someone mentioned this already, but I did not see it. Anyway, "Thunderstruck" is back in the Sox intro. The one thing I wish, however, is that Gene Honda do the intro with more enthusiasm. I don't know if he's been battling a cold or something like that, but Honda's introduction Friday night seemed subdued.

I was thinking the exact same thing today.Maybe with the exception of when Buehrle was introduced,Gene's lackluster intros were met with lukewarm responses.The fans will pretty much follow his lead,so I hope he starts showing his usual excitement in future game introductions.

peeonwrigley
04-16-2005, 08:20 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing today.Maybe with the exception of when Buehrle was introduced,Gene's lackluster intros were met with lukewarm responses.The fans will pretty much follow his lead,so I hope he starts showing his usual excitement in future game introductions.

The two guys whose names Gene said best (Thirty-five... FRANK. THOMAS. & Forty-Five... Carlos LEE.) are not around... he's probably moping about that.

bafiarocks03
04-16-2005, 08:23 PM
yea, i love the introductions with Thunderstuck! i was hoping that they wouldn't change it this season!

jake27
04-16-2005, 08:41 PM
i hope thunderstruck stays around for a while

HomeFish
04-16-2005, 09:03 PM
It's much better than on opening day; the opening day music was simply too weak.

However, this time, as somebody else pointed out, its being done with less enthusiasm, and it went by far more quickly. The fireworks also came at a noticible delay after the intro ended.

It just still isn't up to last year's standard. Somebody suggested that they were doing it quicker so individual players wouldn't be booed; last year, Borchard and Crede got big positive reactions each time they were announced, so I don't think that's a threat.

Gosox1917
04-16-2005, 11:11 PM
I remember last year before they even got to the intros with the Thunderstruck song, they had like 2 videos showing former Sox players. I went to the Shingo blown save game and also noticed that the intro went by much faster. I enjoyed the Sox history video, but the Van Halen song was pretty weak. I'm really glad they brought back THUNDER. Can't wait to sing along Monday.

SouthSideHitman
04-17-2005, 12:31 AM
I've noticed that since last year they've been introducing every player individually, which I don't like. It's better to get one big burst of cheers rather than slowly dragging it out and letting the applause stay at a middling murmur. I both philosophically (no individuals, just the team) and theatrically, I think they should do it all at once after the intro clips of old teams and building music, it would culminate in Gene Honda's sublime "And now here's your 2005 ChiCAgo WHITE SOX!"