PDA

View Full Version : Garage Sale

doublem23
04-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Anyone know when the garage sale is this year? I thought I heard Hawk say that it was May 8th during one of the games in Cleveland. Is this true? If so, that would suck because that's smack in the middle of my finals week and I wouldn't be able to drive home for the weekend.

whitesoxwilkes
04-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Anyone know when the garage sale is this year? I thought I heard Hawk say that it was May 8th during one of the games in Cleveland. Is this true? If so, that would suck because that's smack in the middle of my finals week and I wouldn't be able to drive home for the weekend.

It's actually May 7th.

Day before my birthday, and I'm gonna go buy me a present!

doublem23
04-16-2005, 07:39 PM
It's actually May 7th.

Even worse. Dammit.

Any reason why it's so early this year?

Fake Chet Lemon
04-17-2005, 10:13 PM
Even worse. Dammit.

Any reason why it's so early this year?

They did say they would have another one later in the year. I think I heard August but don't quote that.

doublem23
04-17-2005, 11:13 PM
They did say they would have another one later in the year. I think I heard August but don't quote that.

Sweet... That would be good. May 7-8 is the worst weekend for me, I have a final to take the 7th... no way I'd be able to get back to Chicago for the Garage Sale. :(:

popilius
04-18-2005, 12:20 AM
This might be a dumb question, but do you have to pay the $20 "Family Day" ticket to get access to the Garage Sale?

I ask because on WhiteSox.com it says "admission to the Garage Sale is Free."

Thanks. :gulp:

zach074
04-18-2005, 06:10 AM
This might be a dumb question, but do you have to pay the $20 "Family Day" ticket to get access to the Garage Sale?

I ask because on WhiteSox.com it says "admission to the Garage Sale is Free."

Thanks. :gulp:

You only have to pay if you want to go on the field, which I recommend you do its alot of fun!

cubsuck
04-18-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm down here in Tampa...however...my dad is up there in the Chicagoland area. So, he'll be attending the Garage Sale for me.

I have a few questions about it though...

Is there a TON of Sox stuff there, or is it picked over about an hour after it starts???

I'm looking to get a Sox jersey (home and away) how much do those usually run? I'm thinking a no-name player...game used, but doesn't have to be... What is that going to run me??? :?:

I might also be looking for a pullover...again I'd like to know a 'ballpark' price range?

Thanks in advance for everyone's response!!! :)

:bandance:

Bobby Thigpen
04-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Both of those blow. May 7th I've got to help out with a high school football combine in Decatur. And football season starts August 10 with two a days. Doesn't look like I'll get a chance to buy any junk this year.:angry:

cubsuck
04-21-2005, 09:38 PM
So, can anyone give me a roundabout on the pricing of jerseys at the garage sale?

Batting Practice? $???
Home Authentic? $???
Away Authentic? $???

Any idea you could give me would really help out...I've got to send my dad $$$ for some stuff he's going to pick up for me!!!

THANKS

GO SOX! GO SOX! GO SOX! GO SOX! GO SOX! GO SOX! GO SOX!