PDA

View Full Version : Homefish's *Official* Dark Cloud thread (Stuck here throughout 2005)

Pages : [1] 2

HomeFish
04-16-2005, 04:23 PM
The Twins aren't human, folks; they're like a machine. One guy goes down, a second guy comes up from the minors and does even better.

That's why it doesn't matter if they lose a FA or if somebody goes down with an injury. It hasn't for the past four years -- why people still talk about Twins going down as if it will make a positive difference for us is beyond me.

RKMeibalane
04-16-2005, 04:31 PM
http://www.holderer.com/images/neatopics/bwstormclouds.jpg

*sighs*

Karl
04-16-2005, 04:40 PM
The Twins aren't human, folks; they're like a machine.

lol that reminds me of Rocky 4
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/karl_12/untitled.bmp "I must break you"

Velvet_Fog
04-16-2005, 05:48 PM
they could sign some guy out of the stands and as long as he's wearing a twins uniform he's got a good chance of pulling a horse shoe out of his a$$

PAPChiSox729
04-16-2005, 07:13 PM
I've learned not to ever count out the Twins. The past 3 years have been a very harsh lesson.

santo=dorf
04-16-2005, 08:02 PM
This thread is way overdue! Thanks mods! :thumbsup:

I can't help but notice how little Homefish is posting this season. It can't be due to an 8-3 record.

DumpJerry
04-16-2005, 10:48 PM
I was thinking more like The Terminator...you can reason with it, can't destroy it...........

HebrewHammer
04-16-2005, 11:13 PM

"It's like hitting steel."

Qdaddy
04-17-2005, 12:01 AM
LOL.... I know this has been beatin' into the ground, but I had to do it. Can the man get some respect now???? I bet the Cubs big victory over the pirates gets the back page tomorrow.

Anyways, MB!!!>KW period!

Cowch44
04-17-2005, 12:03 AM
OH! Kerry Wood. I was like, "Mark Buehrle>Ken Williams?:?:"

Mohoney
04-17-2005, 12:05 AM
Hell, so far JG > KW. And JC > KW. And OH > KW.

BRDSR
04-17-2005, 12:06 AM
OH! Kerry Wood. I was like, "Mark Buehrle>Ken Williams?:?:"

I thought exactly the same thing.

balke
04-17-2005, 12:19 AM
That's so crazy that people care so much about that team. KW sucks a fat one period, besides Brown, he is probably the most overpaid pitcher.

How about a bold statement, like MB>Santana, or MB>Chicago at pitching.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-17-2005, 12:25 AM
That's so crazy that people care so much about that team. KW sucks a fat one period, besides Brown, he is probably the most overpaid pitcher.

How about a bold statement, like MB>Santana, or MB>Chicago at pitching.
Dreifort and Chan Ho Park steal money as well. It's unbelievable that Dreifort and Brown both got those huge deals from the same team. Heck, Mark Buehrle > Kerry Wood AND Mark Prior. Buehrle had 245 IP last year, while Prior and Wood only combined for about 255 IP. I just love pulling out that stat when talking to sCrUB fans who think Buehrle sucks. Of course, who cares about IP? K's are the only stats that matter, so Kerry Wood is the best pitcher in the entire league!

TheBull19
04-17-2005, 12:27 AM
How about a bold statement, like MB>Santana.

Probably cause we don't want to look like kool-aid drinking morons.

StillMissOzzie
04-17-2005, 01:02 AM
LOL.... I know this has been beatin' into the ground, but I had to do it. Can the man get some respect now???? I bet the Cubs big victory over the pirates gets the back page tomorrow.

Anyways, MB!!!>KW period!

Yo, Q
In these parts, KW = Kenny Williams
That sCrUB pitcher you're referring to should either be Carrie or Balsa

SMO
:D: :gulp:

Ron Karkovice
04-17-2005, 01:28 AM
Congrats to Buehrle on today's outing. Me and my brother barely had time to finish our pizza.

anyway, my rotation for an all-chicago pitching staff stands right now at:
1.) Mark Buehrle
2.) Mark Prior
3.) Freddy Garcia
4.) Carlos Zambrano
5.) Jon Garland

nasox
04-17-2005, 08:38 AM
I was thinking more like The Terminator...you can reason with it, can't destroy it...........

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:eYQpek0lqWUJ:www.governor.ca.gov/govsite/images/gov_AS.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.governor.ca.gov/govsite/images/gov_AS.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.governor.ca.gov/state/govsite/gov_homepage.jsp&h=211&w=232&sz=18&tbnid=eYQpek0lqWUJ:&tbnh=93&tbnw=102&start=5&prev=/images%3Fq%3Darnold%2Bschwarzenegger%26hl%3Den%26l r%3D%26sa%3DN)

"Hey! I don't act anymore. Don't mention my Terminator days, mention my tax cut days. Because my name is Ahhhnold. Ahhhnold the Governer."

MRKARNO
04-17-2005, 10:33 AM
Mark Buerhle is obviously a better pitcher than Kerry Wood. For all of those strikeouts that Kerry Wood has, his K/BB ratio is still higher than Buehrle's, which pretty much negates the good that came out of striking out that many batters. Additionally, Buehrle's been healthier and more consistant and quite honestly, better. Wood's career ERA is only 8 points lower than Buehrle's despite Wood playing in the NL in a pitchers park (Wrigley usually plays as a pitchers park).

As far as Prior goes, he might have the best year in Chicago in a long time (his 2003 season was amazing, there's no doubting that), but he's only been a major league pitcher for three seasons (two other half seasons) and neither of those have looked amazing. His Rookie season was quite good, but not amazing. Looking at the stats, it appears that in 2003 he gave up homers at half the rate of the other two years. This may have been luck, but we just dont know yet, but the fact that his one amazing season may have been a fluke raises the question as to how good he really is.

One could make a case for Zambrano, but since he's only had one spectacular year, I think we must give the edge to the proven guy, Mark Buehrle, who may have his own spectacular year in 2005.

I think we've come to a juncture where it's not unfair to say that Buehrle is the best pitcher in the city of Chicago.

HomeFish
04-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Again, I simply can't agree with such bold assertions. Buerhle may have begun the year with some stellar starts, and he certainly is a workhorse who will put up more IP than any of those pitchers on the Chicago National League ballclub, and with less ill effects too, but I wouldn't say that he's a better pitcher than them.

The fact is, Buerhle just doesn't have the overpowering stuff that you find on a Wood, a Prior, or a Zambrano. He's been on this year, but when something's off for him, he can't fall back on just overpowering guys like the Cubs can. He's gonna get smacked around.

MRKARNO
04-17-2005, 11:25 AM
He's gonna get smacked around.

I can tell where this is going:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48295

RKMeibalane
04-17-2005, 11:27 AM
Again, I simply can't agree with such bold assertions. Buerhle may have begun the year with some stellar starts, and he certainly is a workhorse who will put up more IP than any of those pitchers on the Chicago National League ballclub, and with less ill effects too, but I wouldn't say that he's a better pitcher than them.

The fact is, Buerhle just doesn't have the overpowering stuff that you find on a Wood, a Prior, or a Zambrano. He's been on this year, but when something's off for him, he can't fall back on just overpowering guys like the Cubs can. He's gonna get smacked around.

Once again...

http://www.bibleexplained.com/prophets/jere/storm-clouds.jpg

Unregistered
04-17-2005, 11:33 AM

The fact is, Buerhle just doesn't have the overpowering stuff that you find on a Wood, a Prior, or a Zambrano. He's been on this year, but when something's off for him, he can't fall back on just overpowering guys like the Cubs can. He's gonna get smacked around.You're such a douche. Seriously, before you were just a negative novelty, now you're purposely saying ridiculous **** just to troll.

Talk to us when Prior actually PITCHES A FULL SEASON and when "Carrie" wins 15 games in one. These are really guys you can "fall back on." :rolleyes:

:crossdresser

beckett21
04-17-2005, 11:35 AM

:rolleyes:

Not that it's any of my business, but why do you even follow the White Sox? :dunno:

Baby Fisk
04-17-2005, 11:40 AM
The Twins aren't human, folks; they're like a machine. One guy goes down, a second guy comes up from the minors and does even better.

That's why it doesn't matter if they lose a FA or if somebody goes down with an injury. It hasn't for the past four years -- why people still talk about Twins going down as if it will make a positive difference for us is beyond me.

Why you post your dreary whinings here is beyond me, HomeCub.

Seriously, do you even get out of bed the day after a Sox win?

santo=dorf
04-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Care to explain what happened to your favorite pitchers in their last outings? Prior looked good, but Zambrano has an ERA of 4.00 (all five of our guys have better,) and Wood gaveup 3 homers with the Wind blowing in.
:dtroll:

PaleHoseGeorge
04-17-2005, 12:00 PM

*OFFICIAL WARNING TO HOMEFISH*

This is your thread for posting all your Dark Cloud nonsense. Everytime you post into another thread you make the WSI moderators move your nonsense into this thread. NOT A GOOD IDEA! The WSI moderating staff has more important things to do than clean up after you. This isn't Romper Room.

If you insist on posting your Dark Cloud nonsense elsewhere at WSI, we'll take more stringent measures up to and including permanent banishment.

Fair warning.

~~ The Management

munchman33
04-17-2005, 12:25 PM
*OFFICIAL WARNING TO HOMEFISH*

This is your thread for posting all your Dark Cloud nonsense. Everytime you post into another thread you make the WSI moderators move your nonsense into this thread. NOT A GOOD IDEA! The WSI moderating staff has more important things to do than clean up after you. This isn't Romper Room.

If you insist on posting your Dark Cloud nonsense elsewhere at WSI, we'll take more stringent measures up to and including permanent banishment.

Fair warning.

~~ The Management

Romper Room? You're not supposed to eat the ball!

Hangar18
04-18-2005, 10:04 AM

heh hehehh hehehe, thats excellent. That team is starting to get
under my skin. They just Keep, finding, ways, to win. I cant understand it.
Thats why last nite was so important that we SWEPT SEATTLE, instead of
just 2 of 3. I wanted us to be 1 game AHEAD of the Twinks, because
now theyre hot, and we stand a chance to lose 2 to them and there
goes the good feelings. Thats why Ozz needs to understand ........
Win Every Game Possible, and stop giving games away. These Twins
just dont go away. Bury them every chance possible

Hangar18
04-18-2005, 10:08 AM
Note to Homefish: When talking about the SOX, leave the north side corporation out of any comparisons please. Your lack of respect for
Buehrle is fine, but comparing him to Wood(s) and nitwit Zambrano is
ridiculous. They PITCH IN THE NL brother! Anyone can overpower NL Lineups and Pitchers. Let them try that in the AL, and see how fast those era's go up

samram
04-18-2005, 10:27 AM
heh hehehh hehehe, thats excellent. That team is starting to get
under my skin. They just Keep, finding, ways, to win. I cant understand it.
Thats why last nite was so important that we SWEPT SEATTLE, instead of
just 2 of 3. I wanted us to be 1 game AHEAD of the Twinks, because
now theyre hot, and we stand a chance to lose 2 to them and there
goes the good feelings. Thats why Ozz needs to understand ........
Win Every Game Possible, and stop giving games away. These Twins
just dont go away. Bury them every chance possible

How did they give the game away yesterday? They're trying to win everyday, but it's just not going to happen. Furthermore, the Twins also stand to lose 2 from the Sox, and then the good feelings will stay, and HomeFish and his dark cloud will stay away.

spawn
04-18-2005, 10:38 AM
How did they give the game away yesterday?
I was asking myself the same question. How did we give that game away? Freddy blew the lead, not Ozzie.

HomeFish
04-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Let's not look even that far, Lip.

In today's game, our shakiest starter goes up against KC's ace, and after that comes the third game in a series -- and you know how poorly we do in those.

If Jose can put up a big game today, and then the Sox can end their third-game woes, I say bring Oakland on. If not, we have our work cut out for us, and could very easily come back home in second place.

Unregistered
04-23-2005, 01:37 PM

In today's game, our shakiest starter goes up against KC's ace, and after that comes the third game in a series -- and you know how poorly we do in those.

If Jose can put up a big game today, and then the Sox can end their third-game woes, I say bring Oakland on. If not, we have our work cut out for us, and could very easily come back home in second place....And if we lose 10 in a row, we'll be under .500 for the first time this season. :rolleyes:

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. :cool:

soltrain21
04-23-2005, 01:38 PM

If Jose can put up a big game today, and then the Sox can end their third-game woes, I say bring Oakland on. If not, we have our work cut out for us, and could very easily come back home in second place.

GO AWAY

fquaye149
04-23-2005, 02:38 PM
GO AWAY.

Nard
04-23-2005, 02:44 PM
GO AWAY..

santo=dorf
04-23-2005, 03:16 PM

Give me a ****ing break!!! Do you working for the ****ing Tribune or something? Jeez. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ol' No. 2
04-23-2005, 04:14 PM

If Jose can put up a big game today, and then the Sox can end their third-game woes, I say bring Oakland on. If not, we have our work cut out for us, and could very easily come back home in second place.http://www.clarion-call.org/yeshua/pudding/eeyore.jpg Don't you have your own thread for this kind of stuff?

fusillirob1983
04-23-2005, 05:24 PM
http://www.clarion-call.org/yeshua/pudding/eeyore.jpg Don't you have your own thread for this kind of stuff?

Wow, awesome stuff.

zach23
04-23-2005, 06:40 PM

http://www.markdroberts.com/images/Eyeore-t.jpg http://www.topthat.net/webrock/images/schlep.jpg

RKMeibalane
04-24-2005, 07:34 AM

This post is so ridiculous that it doesn't even deserve to be in the "Dark Cloud" thread. It deserves to be deleted and forgotten, along with much of the other garbage that's been posted here recently. Good grief, HomeFish! The Sox have the best record in baseball, and you're still not satisfied. Sheesh!

cheeses_h_rice
04-24-2005, 12:30 PM
A :homefish: tag, perhaps?

beckett21
04-24-2005, 12:34 PM
It is absolutely mind-numbing how some people just can't wait for the Sox to start losing games so they can be the first to say *I told you so.*

The KW haters on the board must be going out-of their-skulls insane right now...:dtroll:

pearso66
04-24-2005, 03:50 PM
It is absolutely mind-numbing how some people just can't wait for the Sox to start losing games so they can be the first to say *I told you so.*

The KW haters on the board must be going out-of their-skulls insane right now...:dtroll:

You know it beckett. If the sox won the WS they'd be saying, we lost 2 games in the series, Billy Beane would have been better. we have to fire KW right now.

HomeFish
04-24-2005, 05:55 PM
For the next three days, the Sox aren't going to be able to depend on gifts like they did in the last 2 games @KC. They are going to need to get legitimate hits, and do so in consecutive at-bats, something they have not done all that well this year. They've been getting away with it, though, because of the pitching, and I think, once again, the Oakland series will be decided by the pitching staff.

Buerhle is always good about pitching againt Oakland, but his team has a big tendency to let him down. He's had 1-0 losses to Oakland, had games blown by Koch, etc. He has won games against them, though -- even games where he started against Zito, which is the matchup we usually see. Garcia, I don't know. Not sure how many A's are still there from his Seattle days; if its a lot, maybe they have him figured out, or, conversely, maybe he's got them figured out. Garland, again, another I don't know. Who shows up tomorrow? Cy Young or Sir Walks-a-Lot? You definately don't want the latter pitching against any Moneyball team.

santo=dorf
04-24-2005, 06:56 PM
For the next three days, the Sox aren't going to be able to depend on gifts like they did in the last 2 games @KC. They are going to need to get legitimate hits, and do so in consecutive at-bats, something they have not done all that well this year. They've been getting away with it, though, because of the pitching, and I think, once again, the Oakland series will be decided by the pitching staff.

Buerhle is always good about pitching againt Oakland, but his team has a big tendency to let him down. He's had 1-0 losses to Oakland, had games blown by Koch, etc. He has won games against them, though -- even games where he started against Zito, which is the matchup we usually see. Garcia, I don't know. Not sure how many A's are still there from his Seattle days; if its a lot, maybe they have him figured out, or, conversely, maybe he's got them figured out. Garland, again, another I don't know. Who shows up tomorrow? Cy Young or Sir Walks-a-Lot? You definately don't want the latter pitching against any Moneyball team.
Hey troll boy, Garcia defeated the A's on the road last year to give the Sox their first victory in forever, so if they couldn't figure him out when he changed teams in mid-season, what makes you think all of the sudden they will figure him out now? :rolleyes:

:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

ilsox7
04-24-2005, 07:12 PM

15-4.

zach23
04-24-2005, 07:36 PM

http://www.gigglepoetry.com/images/PoemImages/oh_woe_ith.gif

balke
04-24-2005, 07:43 PM
We've won 7 straight, not 3.... meaning we can hit good teams and bad. KC has put up runs occasionally this season, not in our series. We shut them down. I don't know how the A's score runs, but right now (before tonight's game for the A's) we are 12th in the majors in runs scored, the A's are 27th. KC is at 29th.

When our staff's collide, I expect a pitching showdown, not much more. We have better bats, and a better staff. Law of averages says its tough to win em all, but I don't fear the A's at all. We are playing great right now.

Baby Fisk
04-25-2005, 09:11 AM

Let's see...

You moaned about the Sox vs the Twins, and the Sox beat them.
You moaned about the Sox vs KC, and the Sox beat them.
Now you moan about the Sox vs Oakland... :rolleyes:

The Mods have singled you out like no other poster, issued you a warning and still you moan. Does this **** really need to go on all ****ing season?

****!:angry:

Homefish, you suck. You need to go away and post your **** somewhere else. This is a site for Sox fans, not Sox bashers.

ExpoPuddingHead
04-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Why does anyone who are down on the sox, a cubs fan. Homefish is just looking at the past and the past shows that no matter how well the sox end up doing the twins will having a winning%age of .900 in September and get past us for the playoffs. To get you more down we've gotten lucky as hell we're 9-1 in one run games, we could be the other way around and sharing the AL central basement with the royals, however the bright side is that we would be 12-8 with and equal record in 1 run games which adding that new winning percentage onto our current sick streak would probably have us winning the AL central, but Buerhle will probably get hurt and Konerko will suck and we'll go down and lose.

Palehose13
04-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Why does anyone who are down on the sox, a cubs fan. Homefish is just looking at the past and the past shows that no matter how well the sox end up doing the twins will having a winning%age of .900 in September and get past us for the playoffs. To get you more down we've gotten lucky as hell we're 9-1 in one run games, we could be the other way around and sharing the AL central basement with the royals, however the bright side is that we would be 12-8 with and equal record in 1 run games which adding that new winning percentage onto our current sick streak would probably have us winning the AL central, but Buerhle will probably get hurt and Konerko will suck and we'll go down and lose.

Homefish...did you get another screen name?

SOX ADDICT '73
04-25-2005, 05:51 PM
Hey, who knew HomeFish had a protege!

samram
04-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Homefish...did you get another screen name?

Nah, Homefish uses proper grammar and capitalization.

By the way, ExpoPride, a .900 September for the Twinks, huh? I don't recall them ever going 27-3 in September, but whatever. Also, why should I expect Buehrle to get hurt? It's never been a problem before.

santo=dorf
04-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Why does anyone who are down on the sox, a cubs fan.

Homefish has admitted, or at least claimed, he switched over to the south side after the sweep in 1999.

jabrch
04-26-2005, 12:29 AM
For the next three days, the Sox aren't going to be able to depend on gifts like they did in the last 2 games @KC. They are going to need to get legitimate hits, and do so in consecutive at-bats, something they have not done all that well this year.

CHECK - DUMBA$$

Buerhle is always good about pitching againt Oakland, but his team has a big tendency to let him down. Garcia, I don't know. Not sure how many A's are still there from his Seattle days; if its a lot, maybe they have him figured out, or, conversely, maybe he's got them figured out. Garland, again, another I don't know. Who shows up tomorrow? Cy Young or Sir Walks-a-Lot? You definately don't want the latter pitching against any Moneyball team.

Yeah...that Moneyball offense - it sure is scary.

Come on DumbFish...give it up. The act is old.

RKMeibalane
04-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Let's see...

You moaned about the Sox vs the Twins, and the Sox beat them.
You moaned about the Sox vs KC, and the Sox beat them.
Now you moan about the Sox vs Oakland... :rolleyes:

The Mods have singled you out like no other poster, issued you a warning and still you moan. Does this **** really need to go on all ****ing season?

****!:angry:

Homefish, you suck. You need to go away and post your **** somewhere else. This is a site for Sox fans, not Sox bashers.

Good. Use your aggressive feelings, Baby Fisk. Let the hate flow through you.

RKMeibalane
04-26-2005, 09:23 PM

The majority of the posters here are tired of reading HomeFish's never-ending negativity about the Sox. Regardless of what's happening or how well the team is playing, he always manages to find something to complain about. I don't have a problem with people complaining when there is a reason to complain. I do, however, have a problem with posters who routinely look for the cloud within every silver lining.

FarWestChicago
04-26-2005, 10:05 PM
The majority of the posters here are tired of reading HomeFish's never-ending negativity about the Sox. Regardless of what's happening or how well the team is playing, he always manages to find something to complain about. I don't have a problem with people complaining when there is a reason to complain. I do, however, have a problem with posters who routinely look for the cloud within every silver lining.I think it's about time to add owensmouth to this thread. He's off the deep end.

Whitesox029
04-27-2005, 12:28 AM
I fully expect this thread to explode after today's disgusting game. Let the BSing begin.
:chickenlittle

WhteSox725
04-27-2005, 07:59 AM
16-5, only 4 games up on the Twins. Let's pack it in boys and wait for next year.

SSN721
04-27-2005, 09:53 AM
16-5, only 4 games up on the Twins. Let's pack it in boys and wait for next year.

Agreed, its ova. The dream is dead fellas. It was a good run while it lasted. :cool:

Jerome
04-27-2005, 03:31 PM
A :homefish: tag, perhaps?

:D:That Debbie Downer is pretty funny

HomeFish
05-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Is Iguchi driving anyone else nuts like he's doing to me?

I've pointed this out in gameday threads before, but since it has become such a problem, one that transcends individual games, I think a new thread is called for.

Does this guy know what a walk is? Does he know that Podsednik can run well? It seems like every time he gets to 3-0 or 3-1 against a pitcher having obvious control problems, he swings and makes an out; and the number of times he has swung and made an out on first pitch with Podsednik out there, while obviously not as high, is still uncomfortable.

This guy is a singles hitter, recent HRs notwithstanding, and he hits #2. A walk is as good as a hit up there, especially since Podsednik can advance himself. I guess Moneyball hasn't been translated into Japanese?

SOX ADDICT '73
05-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Yeah, only a .333 average from a guy who's seen one whole month of ML pitching? I'm pulling my hair out, Fish!

This is going directly in that stormcloud thread of yours.

swanson24
05-07-2005, 03:21 PM
In response to what Home Fish just said I'm not sure but i think Ozzie may have answered questions about this subject during a postgame session with the media. This is an intersting thread though.

HomeFish
05-08-2005, 07:20 PM
I fully admit that I have that 2000-esque feeling where I fully expect the Sox to win any game they play, and where even if they're down I still feel that they will stage some sort of comeback. It is a feeling that exists within me and that I cannot deny.

But it is a very unhealthy feeling. The fact is, the Sox WILL lose some games, they WILL go into prolonged slumps and losing streaks, and they may very well end up winning nothing at all -- not even the division or the WC. If we develop an overconfident mindset, those things will be far more damaging then if we are able to prepare for them.

Overconfidence kills. Let us try vigorously to avoid it.

Ol' No. 2
05-08-2005, 07:59 PM
I fully admit that I have that 2000-esque feeling where I fully expect the Sox to win any game they play, and where even if they're down I still feel that they will stage some sort of comeback. It is a feeling that exists within me and that I cannot deny.

But it is a very unhealthy feeling. The fact is, the Sox WILL lose some games, they WILL go into prolonged slumps and losing streaks, and they may very well end up winning nothing at all -- not even the division or the WC. If we develop an overconfident mindset, those things will be far more damaging then if we are able to prepare for them.

Overconfidence kills. Let us try vigorously to avoid it.For me it feels more like 1983. Once they caught fire in June, they just went through the league like a buzzsaw. It's a fun feeling to go to the park just knowing you're going to win.

They will certainly lose some games, but with the solid pitching they have, I don't see long losing streaks. That's how you win championships: win a few, lose one, win a bunch, lose two. You string together wins and not losses. As long as they can avoid significant losing streaks, there's no way the Twins can catch them.

The Twins, by the way have been playing great ball, too...and not gaining any ground. How'd you like to be 19-11 and still 4.5 games back?

South Side
05-08-2005, 08:44 PM

I understand what you're saying (in a true pessimist's way) but remember our overconfidence is not going to affect the way this team plays.

munchman33
05-08-2005, 08:50 PM

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

ExpoPuddingHead
05-08-2005, 09:57 PM
I feel sorry for Homefish. Its pretty hard to get anything down about the whitesox when they are the best team in baseball.
Dude, how can you write anything here when the Sox are on an 8 game winning streak. Take a break while they keep on winning, you can start again when this win streak ends.

White Sox Josh
05-08-2005, 10:09 PM

I've pointed this out in gameday threads before, but since it has become such a problem, one that transcends individual games, I think a new thread is called for.

Does this guy know what a walk is? Does he know that Podsednik can run well? It seems like every time he gets to 3-0 or 3-1 against a pitcher having obvious control problems, he swings and makes an out; and the number of times he has swung and made an out on first pitch with Podsednik out there, while obviously not as high, is still uncomfortable.

This guy is a singles hitter, recent HRs notwithstanding, and he hits #2. A walk is as good as a hit up there, especially since Podsednik can advance himself. I guess Moneyball hasn't been translated into Japanese?Are you always this negative? Iguchi is batting over .330. Who gives a rats ass if he's a free swinger which he's not.

santo=dorf
05-09-2005, 01:01 AM

This guy is a singles hitter, recent HRs notwithstanding, and he hits #2. A walk is as good as a hit up there, especially since Podsednik can advance himself. I guess Moneyball hasn't been translated into Japanese?

Hey troll boy, Iguchi ranks 13th in the AL in pitches per plate appearance (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting?seasonType=2&type=exp&sort=pitchesPerPlateAppearance&minpa=0&split=0&season=2005&pos=all&hand=a&league=al&ageMin=17&ageMax=51). How many more times do you plan on putting your foot in your mouth?:rolleyes: :dtroll:

FarWestChicago
05-09-2005, 01:05 AM
Hey troll boy, Iguchi ranks 13th in the AL in pitches per plate appearance (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting?seasonType=2&type=exp&sort=pitchesPerPlateAppearance&minpa=0&split=0&season=2005&pos=all&hand=a&league=al&ageMin=17&ageMax=51). How many more times do you plan on putting your foot in your mouth?:rolleyes: :dtroll:Nice burn! :thumbsup:

balke
05-09-2005, 01:11 AM
In another thread he said he wanted Polanco on the Sox... a guy who can barely walk 20 times in a season.

Sox season so far should show how overrated walking is. We've had a ton of people on base get stranded, its hitting we were missing. Walks are only valuable if mixed with hitting. I'll take Iguchi's slappin the ball, as opposed to trying to walk himself on base. Ichiro tried walking early last season, and all it did was slump him when he could've been moving runners along, and getting RBI.

Baby Fisk
05-09-2005, 08:17 AM
But it is a very unhealthy feeling. The fact is, the Sox WILL lose some games, they WILL go into prolonged slumps and losing streaks, and they may very well end up winning nothing at all -- not even the division or the WC.
Wow. I was not aware of that possibility. Try not to let all this winning stress you out, idiot. :rolleyes:

Rocky Soprano
05-09-2005, 08:40 AM

Didnt they stick a thread just for your stupid ****?

daveeym
05-09-2005, 10:07 AM
Can one of our resident graphic artists please create a Homefish tag. Maybe as simple as modifying the sky is falling tag or something more creative. Pleeeease.

Baby Fisk
05-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Can one of our resident graphic artists please create a Homefish tag. Maybe as simple as modifying the sky is falling tag or something more creative. Pleeeease.
He's like Marvin the Android: "This will all end in tears, I know it!"

And it may yet, that's life as a Sox fan. Burned too many times in the past to be thinking about reserving a good spot for the parade. But there's not been an April/May in recent memory this hot and this full of promise of greater things to come. We all know the ride's going to end sooner or later, maybe in October, maybe in June! That's why you enjoy it now, dammit!

Hitmen77
05-09-2005, 12:38 PM
He's like Marvin the Android: "This will all end in tears, I know it!"

And it may yet, that's life as a Sox fan. ...

Life, don't talk to me about life! :wink:

SOX ADDICT '73
05-09-2005, 04:27 PM
How's this, for starters?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2822&stc=1

JoseCanseco6969
05-09-2005, 04:32 PM
How's this, for starters?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2822&stc=1

Very nice!

homefish...your thoughts???

cheeses_h_rice
05-09-2005, 04:48 PM

*Ahem*. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2727)

:redface:

daveeym
05-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Both tags are excellant, really like the storm clouds over the fish one though.

SOX ADDICT '73
05-09-2005, 04:50 PM
*Ahem*. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2727)

Sorry cheeses! How could I forget about Debbie Downer?

Rocky Soprano
05-09-2005, 04:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/gosox21/badfish.bmp

HomeFish
05-14-2005, 09:30 PM
This was an especially infuriating loss;

I could smell 7 games up. I could smell something we haven't had in half a decade, something that would let all of us sleep better at night.

Alas, no. We blew it, and the worst part is we didn't have to blow it. Garcia has very clearly declined from last year; he just didn't have it tonight consistently. We were lucky to get a few good innings from him near the end, but we pushed that luck. With a pitch count greater than 100, Ozzie should have thought bullpen. It's not as if Buehrle or Garland made early exits; we had some rested arms that were much better than Cotts.

A wasted masterpeice from Podsednik. "Hey, we lost, but Podsednik stole 4 bases!" is like our version of "Hey, we lost, but Kerry Wood got a lot of strikeouts."

ilsox7
05-14-2005, 09:30 PM
This was an especially infuriating loss;

I could smell 7 games up. I could smell something we haven't had in half a decade, something that would let all of us sleep better at night.

Alas, no. We blew it, and the worst part is we didn't have to blow it. Garcia has very clearly declined from last year; he just didn't have it tonight consistently. We were lucky to get a few good innings from him near the end, but we pushed that luck. With a pitch count greater than 100, Ozzie should have thought bullpen. It's not as if Buehrle or Garland made early exits; we had some rested arms that were much better than Cotts.

A wasted masterpeice from Podsednik. "Hey, we lost, but Podsednik stole 4 bases!" is like our version of "Hey, we lost, but Kerry Wood got a lot of strikeouts."

I thought you had a thread all to yourself for these views?

EDIT: Quickest post move. Ever. Woo hoo!

HomeFish
05-15-2005, 01:45 PM
If Freddy did his job, none of those 3 throwouts matter.

Place blame where it is deserved: on Freddy's transformation into Danny Wright and on Ozzie keeping him in one inning too long and then replacing him with not the best arm that we had. Don't place it on the aspect of our offense that has led to so much of our success up to this point.

MRKARNO
05-15-2005, 01:51 PM
Freddy's transformation into Danny Wright

http://www.holderer.com/images/neatopics/bwstormclouds.jpg

We all know were this part of the thread is heading...

FarWestChicago
05-15-2005, 02:08 PM
If Freddy did his job, none of those 3 throwouts matter.

Place blame where it is deserved: on Freddy's transformation into Danny Wright and on Ozzie keeping him in one inning too long and then replacing him with not the best arm that we had. Don't place it on the aspect of our offense that has led to so much of our success up to this point.Homefish, I've had it with you and I'm sick of cleaning up after you. One more of these anywhere but here and you will be irrevocably banned...period.

Chisox003
05-15-2005, 02:18 PM

This is exactly what I think of when I see Homefish's posts...

The song plays in my head..."Here comes Debbie...Downer!!"

Ha ha ha ha :gulp:

Crede?NOOO!!!!!
06-01-2005, 05:47 PM
The Fact that nobody has written on this thread for so long shows how even the most pessimistic sox fans are beginning to believe.:bandance:

Unregistered
06-01-2005, 05:55 PM
The Fact that nobody has written on this thread for so long shows how even the most pessimistic sox fans are beginning to believe.:bandance:Might also have something to do with the fact that Homefish has posted A LOT LESS lately... wonder why that is? :wink:

JohnBasedowYoda
06-02-2005, 02:18 PM
homefish's mascot?
http://www.spideydude.com/storm1.gif

i'm so bloody clever

RKMeibalane
06-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Might also have something to do with the fact that Homefish has posted A LOT LESS lately... wonder why that is? :wink:

I think he may have been banned. No official word was given, but FWC did warn him about his behavior. HomeFish disappeared from the site soon afterwards.

Ol' No. 2
06-02-2005, 05:31 PM
I think he may have been banned. No official word was given, but FWC did warn him about his behavior. HomeFish disappeared from the site soon afterwards.It would say "Banned" on all his posts, wouldn't it? I think he just got taken to the woodshed enough times that he decided to lay low.

Baby Fisk
06-02-2005, 05:57 PM
It would say "Banned" on all his posts, wouldn't it? I think he just got taken to the woodshed enough times that he decided to lay low.
Neither his bleak foreshadowing nor his gloom are missed.

RKMeibalane
06-02-2005, 08:52 PM
It would say "Banned" on all his posts, wouldn't it? I think he just got taken to the woodshed enough times that he decided to lay low.

I'm not sure. The "banned" designation has been used within the last year or so. Before that, banned users still had their WSI rank under their username. For example, NUKE_CLEVELAND, who was banned three years ago, does not have "banned" under his name.

santo=dorf
06-02-2005, 10:32 PM
I'm not sure. The "banned" designation has been used within the last year or so. Before that, banned users still had their WSI rank under their username. For example, NUKE_CLEVELAND, who was banned three years ago, does not have "banned" under his name.

Usually banned is for suspended members.

I think all "banned" members do not appear in the member lists, but Homefish is still listed.

Must be hard to troll the Sox board when we're the best team in the bigs. :rolleyes:

Jurr
06-04-2005, 11:22 AM
I think he may have been banned. No official word was given, but FWC did warn him about his behavior. HomeFish disappeared from the site soon afterwards.
Are we adding FOHF's to the dictionary??????

RKMeibalane
06-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Are we adding FOHF's to the dictionary??????

Maybe if he comes back.

Charno
06-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Homefish tells can't load the forums, for some reason. Perhaps he has indeed been banned?

AwayFish
06-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Charno is correct; my old account seems to have died. In fact, I couldn't even access WSI until this morning, and when I did I had to register a new account to even be able to load the boards.

Bizarre.

Charno
06-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Now he can't use AwayFish. It's confirmed: HomeFish has been banned.

I can understand it, he is a baseball psycho.

NonetheLoaiza
06-11-2005, 03:51 PM
If anyone has ever seen the South Park episodes with the goth kids that Stan goes and hangs out with after breaking up with Wendy, you will understand when I saw that Homefish reminds me of those goth kids. Pure gloom and doom.

"Conformists..."

RKMeibalane
06-11-2005, 05:11 PM
:hawk

"HE GAWN!"

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-11-2005, 08:30 PM
bye homefish

TornLabrum
06-11-2005, 11:54 PM
HF will be missed if only for his amazing stretches of logic in order to find anything to be upset about.

SpammySosa
06-12-2005, 12:15 AM
HF will be missed if only for his amazing stretches of logic in order to find anything to be upset about.

Look in the postgame threads when the Sox lose-plenty of HF imitators.His spirit lives on. :wink:

TornLabrum
06-12-2005, 12:52 AM
Look in the postgame threads when the Sox lose-plenty of HF imitators.His spirit lives on. :wink:

One reason I don't look very often at postgame threads is because the reactions are usually far too extreme either way. If we win, nobody can touch us. If we lose, we're headed straight for the cellar.

Baby Fisk
06-12-2005, 11:10 AM
:hawk

"HE GAWN!"

Hit it, boys!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

So long sad times
Go long bad times
We are rid of you at last
Howdy gay times
Cloudy gray times
You are now a thing of the past

Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
So letís sing a song of cheer again
Happy days are here again!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Greg1983
06-26-2005, 05:23 PM
I'm sorry, but anyone thinking this really was just another game and another series must have never played a sport or competed at anything in their lives.

Some games DO matter more than others. This was gut-check time, and we managed one damn hit. Garland gave them a hell of an effort on the mound. And yeah, Prior is a fine, fine pitcher. But one damn hit? Absolutely inexcusable. :angry:

Frankly, I thought the Oriole series was a bit of a gut-check time as well, and we only managed a measley split.

These guys have not proven to me that they can win tight ballgames and big series. I know this team will probably make the playoffs. But I am not interested in another offensive sleepwalk through the playoffs like 83, 93, and 2000. I am not interested in being the next Seattle Mariners or 06 Cubs who win a bazillion games in the regular season and then turn into a girls' softball team when the chips are down.

A coach of mine back in high school said that there is a difference between winning games and being a winner. I have always thought that was a profound insight into competition. And these Sox, however adept at the former, are not yet the latter.

batmanZoSo
06-26-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm sorry, but anyone thinking this really was just another game and another series must have never played a sport or competed at anything in their lives.

Some games DO matter more than others. This was gut-check time, and we managed one damn hit. Garland gave them a hell of an effort on the mound. And yeah, Prior is a fine, fine pitcher. But one damn hit? Absolutely inexcusable. :angry:

Frankly, I thought the Oriole series was a bit of a gut-check time as well, and we only managed a measley split.

These guys have not proven to me that they can win tight ballgames and big series. I know this team will probably make the playoffs. But I am not interested in another offensive sleepwalk through the playoffs like 83, 93, and 2000. I am not interested in being the next Seattle Mariners or 06 Cubs who win a bazillion games in the regular season and then turn into a girls' softball team when the chips are down.

A coach of mine back in high school said that there is a difference between winning games and being a winner. I have always thought that was a profound insight into competition. And these Sox, however adept at the former, are not yet the latter.

I think you need gut-check time.

These games mean no more than Tampa Bay. Same with Baltimore. Which we split. And just like that series, we were coming off another EIGHT GAME WINNING STREAK and were due to lose a few.

The biggest games of the year, bar none, were against the Twins. And we won 4 out of 5. You and your high school coach stick that in your pipe and smoke it with whatever else you got in there...

cheeses_h_rice
06-26-2005, 05:28 PM

:prozac:

Cowhead418
06-26-2005, 05:30 PM

You can afford to have games like these when you have a 10.5 game lead and are 27 games over .500 like we were before the game. Wouldn't you rather have them have this game now against the Flubs than against the Twins or whoever we might face in the playoffs?

Cowhead418
06-26-2005, 05:36 PM
Are you suggesting that we could get swept out of the first round of the playoffs again, mustering only 2 runs over 2 days, and you'd be content that we won the first 4 out of 5 against the Twins back in freaking April? I think you're the one smoking something, my friend.

Having said that, I totally agree with you that you have to expect to drop a couple after an 8 game winning streak. That's the baseball gods for you.

I'm sorry...I bear no ill will toward you. I'm just mad, I guess. But I stand by my post. I'm waiting to see if this team is something more than a gaudy record, and I haven't seen it yet.
You talk like this was a playoff series. Well guess what, it wasn't. You can't expect to win every single damn series. Get over it already.

voodoochile
06-26-2005, 05:38 PM

Dumbest post in a long time... Grow some stones man and stop whining...

The Sox are not winners? Please define the term for me then...

Or to paraphrase Iniago Montoya... "I do not think this word means what you think it means..."

:whoflungpoo

Freaking loser...:dtroll:

Greg1983
06-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Oh please. Are you going to tell me that we can't afford to have games like these at the moment against a team that isn't even in our own league? Are you going to tell me that the Red Sox of '04 or the Marlins of '03 or the Angels of '02 never had games like this one during the regular season? You can't expect to win every game and you can't expect the Sox to not have off days every once in a while. I suggest you go take a long nap and forget about this game.

Well, yeah, that is what I'm telling you. You don't phone it in against your crosstown rival in the rubber match of a big series.

It's not even the loss that it so frustrating, it's the weakness and the ineptitude of the effort.

Yes, the Cubs aren't in our league. Incidentally, should we make the World Series, we'll be playing some games against another team that is not in our league. Would your excuse hold up if we played like this in the Series?

As for the nap, that's a hell of a good idea.

Greg1983
06-26-2005, 05:42 PM
You talk like this was a playoff series. Well guess what, it wasn't. You can't expect to win every single damn series. Get over it already.

If you can't understand why this series had some of the importance and magnitude of a playoff series, then I just don't understand what you were watching. This wasn't some routine 3 game set against the Detroit Kitties. This wasn't an interleague set against some team from the desert that didn't even exist 15 years ago.

This was our crosstown rival. This was about pride. This was about making statements about who the real baseball team in Chicago is. This was about playing well before the sellout crowds and national media. And we didn't do it. We did not play well when the spotlight was firmly on us. And I think every man in the White Sox dugout needs to think about that.

voodoochile
06-26-2005, 05:48 PM
If you can't understand why this series had some of the importance and magnitude of a playoff series, then I just don't understand what you were watching. This wasn't some routine 3 game set against the Detroit Kitties. This wasn't an interleague set against some team from the desert that didn't even exist 15 years ago.

This was our crosstown rival. This was about pride. This was about making statements about who the real baseball team in Chicago is. This was about playing well before the sellout crowds and national media. And we didn't do it. We did not play well when the spotlight was firmly on us. And I think every man in the White Sox dugout needs to think about that.

No, it was less important than a series against the kitties because it was against a NL ball club and not a divisional rival...:rolleyes:

This is one of the least meaningful series of the year from a big picture perspective. Bud willing, these series will go away along with all the other interleague games and be replaced with more games against ALC teams. Just because you have to listen to whining loser flubs fans rant doesn't mean these game actually matter that much...

JB98
06-26-2005, 05:52 PM
All right guys, look, we crapped down our pants in a big game today. Garland was outstanding. No one else showed up. However, that does not necessarily mean we will crap down our pants in the big games still to come. It is only one game, and one game is not a trend.

And yes, this was a big game. Don't try to downplay it. The eyes of the city were on us. This series is all people are talking about all weekend. We didn't get it done with the spotlight on, and that's very, very disappointing. Let's hope the team takes it as a learning experience and that we react better next time we're in a big game. Every team has adversity in a 162-game season. It's how you react to adversity that matters. People who respond positively to disappointment are the ones who are winners and champions.

There's a long way to go. I can't tell you whether our Sox are going to be champions or not. I sure hope so. The only way to find out is to watch the rest of the season. Anyone who is trying to draw some grand conclusion from this one game or this one series is making a mistake.

RKMeibalane
06-27-2005, 08:14 AM
Nice to see the "Dark Cloud" thread getting some use now that HomeFish is gone.

Baby Fisk
06-27-2005, 08:28 AM
Nice to see the "Dark Cloud" thread getting some use now that HomeFish is gone.
Quoting myself from another thread in this forum:

This kind of madness makes the Sox-Cubs series a turnoff. Too much mass hysteria and acrimony. As TheOldRoman said, a handful of morons with a frat-prank mentality can cause a lot of damage and escalate things in a bad way. People freaking out in the post-game thread that this was a series the Sox had to win and they blew it, so based on that it must be forseen that the Sox will collapse in the playoffs and all is lost. The inferiority complexes here are something else.

These games bring out the worst in people. :(:

HomeFish
07-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Welcome back. I really think a decent starter who you could piggyback with El Duque would be fine. El Duque is lights out in the playoffs.

El Duque was lights out in the playoffs at one point in his career. So was Cy Young, yet I would not want him pitching for me today. (We complain enough about corpseball, imagine if we had the real thing) An exageration, of course, but the lesson remains: the el duque of old, even of last year, may not be the el duque of today. People age, abilities decrease.

I'm not confident about our pitching staff in the playoffs. A top-notch starter would increase that confidence.

Baby Fisk
07-04-2005, 09:00 AM
El Duque was lights out in the playoffs at one point in his career. So was Cy Young, yet I would not want him pitching for me today. (We complain enough about corpseball, imagine if we had the real thing) An exageration, of course, but the lesson remains: the el duque of old, even of last year, may not be the el duque of today. People age, abilities decrease.

I'm not confident about our pitching staff in the playoffs. A top-notch starter would increase that confidence.
That month went by way too quickly. :rolleyes:

SSN721
07-05-2005, 06:54 AM

You got that right partner.

fquaye149
07-05-2005, 10:19 AM

take off, ya hoser

RKMeibalane
07-05-2005, 10:20 AM

Yes, it did. Apparently, he hasn't changed one bit.

SOXSINCE'70
07-05-2005, 11:16 AM
I've learned not to ever count out the Twins. The past 3 years have been a very harsh lesson.

And,sadly,here come the 'Toons as well.:(:

The Sox open the second half with a 4 game set at
Jacobs Field.A 2-2 split or 3 out of 4 is mandatory.
I'd like to say sweep,but the way the 'Toons are playing,
that's almost impossible.

BNLSox
07-17-2005, 05:23 PM
And,sadly,here come the 'Toons as well.:(:

The Sox open the second half with a 4 game set at
Jacobs Field.A 2-2 split or 3 out of 4 is mandatory.
I'd like to say sweep,but the way the 'Toons are playing,
that's almost impossible.

Never say Never. :sweep :hamms

Paid Santiago
07-18-2005, 01:58 AM
so 30 and 5 vs the central... 31 and 24 against the rest of the baseball.....ugh.......

:(:

doublem23
07-18-2005, 02:50 AM
so 30 and 5 vs the central... 31 and 24 against the rest of the baseball.....ugh.......

I don't believe it.

halfpricemonday
07-18-2005, 02:52 AM

You know, if you're seeing Dark Clouds in ways not even the Chicago Tribune have picked up on, that's pretty awe-inspiring.

I was going to try to break down that 31-24 record against the "rest of the baseball", but instead of wasting those precious electrons, I think I'd just rather suggest a new hobby in lieu of being a Sox fan.

Maybe root for the New England Patriots or for Annika Sorenstam. Better yet, how about following businesses like Microsoft, Walmart, or Starbucks? Because if a .678 winning percentage on July 18th bothers you, it's going to be a rough second half.

ilsox7
07-18-2005, 02:54 AM

I RARELY use tags, but this warrants one:

:dumbpeople:

The Critic
07-18-2005, 03:02 AM
.....wow......

.....and not "wow" in a good way, either.....

:?:

Mr. White Sox
07-18-2005, 03:49 AM

I think the staff's fine, but that's not the point. The thought's there, but...
there IS no top-notch starter available.
-Schmidt reminds me of Billy Koch, a flamethrower that lost a lot of velocity for an unknown reason and is suffering because of this. Past experience matters not, as Koch painfully showed us fans recently.

-A.J. Burnett is Carrie Woods incarnate. 96+ fastball, great stuff, awful injury history. No thanks, especially at the rumored price (Contreras + Marte + McCarthy/Anderson? :?:), and the uncertainty of resigning him, AND the high price he'll want for resigning.

-none of the other guys available are even worth mentioning as top-notch, as all are comparable to the current 4/5 guys on the team or are worse than that, such as Lilly, Kennedy, Jennings, Milton, etc.

-The only guy I'd want would be Barry Zito, but he's obviously not available, and Beane would want the farm.

RKMeibalane
07-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Did HomeFish get banned again? He hasn't been around for a few weeks.

zach23
07-18-2005, 02:05 PM
Did HomeFish get banned again? He hasn't been around for a few weeks.

Maybe he finally ran out of things to whine about.

santo=dorf
07-18-2005, 04:14 PM

29 and 17 against teams not from Oakland or the AL Central.

Get a life.:dtroll:

Paid Santiago
07-19-2005, 04:47 AM
if the sox play .575 baseball against the red sox, yankees,& angels i will be suprised.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-19-2005, 08:20 AM
if the sox play .575 baseball against the red sox, yankees,& angels i will be suprised.

Pfft... I'll be ecstatic if they're exactly 2 games over .500 over them next October.

Sheesh... the bull**** some people invent simply to have something to fret about.
:kukoo:

maurice
07-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Is there some reason to believe that the spankees and the cubs east are any good this year? They squander money better than Enron.

US = 33 games over .500. THEM = about 10 games over .500.
US = best pitching in the AL. THEM = 10th and 11th in the AL.

I'm not impressed.

fquaye149
07-19-2005, 02:21 PM

Ok.

Nellie_Fox
07-21-2005, 01:05 AM
if the sox play .575 baseball against the red sox, yankees,& angels i will be suprised.I was already going to put you on my ignore list for your inablility to find the shift key. This clinched it.

Paid Santiago
07-21-2005, 10:33 PM

31 and 25 ....

MRKARNO
07-21-2005, 11:00 PM
31 and 25 ....

Do you realize that this win% against non-divisional teams is still better than the Red Sox, Yankees and Orioles overall records?

Paid Santiago
07-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Do you realize that this win% against non-divisional teams is still better than the Red Sox, Yankees and Orioles overall records?

overall records as in what ? :?:

aren't the red sux 10 games above 500 and the yanks 9..so how could this be?

my fault if i misinterpreted.

MRKARNO
07-21-2005, 11:30 PM
overall records as in what ? :?:

aren't the red sux 10 games above 500 and the yanks 9..so how could this be?

The White Sox have won 55.3% (31/56) total games played outside of ALC. The Red Sox have won 55.8% overall (53/95). (And I did get that incorrect, my apologies). The Yankees have won 54.8% of their games, not counting tonight. The White Sox proportion of victories outside of the Central matches up well with the overall records of the AL East giants.

santo=dorf
07-22-2005, 01:05 AM

Yes it clearly is your fault because he said "win %." AS IN PERCENTAGE!!!! :rolleyes:

BainesHOF
07-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Buehrle spit the bit yesterday with a lead. When an ace is given a lead in a big game, he's expected to hold it. This may be unpopular to say here, but Buehrle has trouble winning big games. Yesterday was just the latest example. He's had all kinds of trouble in the past.

Now, Buehrle is amazingly consistent. He's a very good pitcher, and certainly qualifies as an ace if you put him on many teams. But I don't think he's a great pitcher, and I don't think he's an ace on a World Series-type team. There's a good chance we're going to be at a disadvantage on the mound in the opener of a playoff series.

In big games, a quality start simply isn't good enough. We need a win.

CHISOXFAN13
07-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Buehrle spit the bit yesterday with a lead. When an ace is given a lead in a big game, he's expected to hold it. This may be unpopular to say here, but Buehrle has trouble winning big games. Yesterday was just the latest example. He's had all kinds of trouble in the past.

Now, Buehrle is amazingly consistent. He's a very good pitcher, and certainly qualifies as an ace if you put him on many teams. But I don't think he's a great pitcher, and I don't think he's an ace on a World Series-type team. There's a good chance we're going to be at a disadvantage on the mound in the opener of a playoff series.

Boston trotted its "ace" out there last night, too. How'd that go?

Bartolo Colon
Johan Santana
Randy Johnson
Erik Bedard
Kenny Rogers

Those are the other aces of teams who are vying for playoff spots.

I'll take my chances.

Hangar18
07-22-2005, 02:36 PM
He gives up lots of hits, but is a very SMART pitcher. He probably qualifies as being smarter than he is talented, but thats not all that bad.

zach23
07-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Well, that settles it then. The Sox may as well just forfeit the rest of the season and send everyone on vacation. Since there is no chance to win, why bother? Just hand the trophy to Boston now and start football season early.

Hangar18
07-22-2005, 02:38 PM

Bartolo Colon
Johan Santana
Randy Johnson
Erik Bedard
Kenny Rogers

Those are the other aces of teams who are vying for playoff spots.

I'll take my chances.

One of those guys we USED to have ....... the other is a jerk who we couldve had .......

CHISOXFAN13
07-22-2005, 02:39 PM
One of those guys we USED to have ....... the other is a jerk who we couldve had .......

I'm just saying that Buerhle is as good, if not better, than everyone of those guys.

And don't get me started on who will have better No. 2 and No. 3 options come October.

bumptious96
07-22-2005, 02:39 PM

It's one outing against Boston. Sure we COULD see them in the playoffs, but I wouldn't say this is representative of the kind of pitcher Buehrle is going to be in the playoffs. I'd hope you'd look at his whole body of work this year. C'mon, he's a top contender for the Cy Young this year. Who are you worried about? Bartolo Colon? Matt Clement? Creaky old Randy? C'mon this is ridiculous.

Iwritecode
07-22-2005, 02:40 PM

That's what I was about to say. Neither one exactly got shelled but neither one really had a stellar performance either.

Burly at least managed to keep a high-powered offense in the yard. They just singled and doubled him to death. They were just hitting the ball where the defense wasn't.

Burly was also victim to a few uncharacteristic errors behind him that made a huge difference in the game. He really deserved the win...

zach23
07-22-2005, 02:41 PM

Damn the Sox for not getting Kenny Rogers. Just think, he could have been beating up the media here. He could have been our maniac serving a 20 game suspension.

ChiSoxPatF
07-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Buerhle is Mr Consistency and he has been about as dominant as anyone this year in baseball (save Clemens). Its the major leagues and anyone can have a night like that anytime. Heck, its only a one or two pitch difference from giving up 6 runs and giving up 2 in a given game.

I'll take my chances with him on the mound because I know there is no way that in a best of 5 or 7 series that he is going less than 6 innings and forcing our bullpen to overpitch. All of the guys you mentioned are prone to getting schlacked hard in the early innings in given games.... at least we know this is almost never the case with Mark.

maurice
07-22-2005, 02:45 PM
we don't have a World Series kind of ace

Please name every "World Series kind of ace" currently pitching in MLB who either plays on a contending team or will be traded to a contending team in the next week.

RKMeibalane
07-22-2005, 02:46 PM
:threadsucks

nodiggity59
07-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Buerhle=Ace (period)

PaleHoseGeorge
07-22-2005, 02:52 PM
Please name every "World Series kind of ace" currently pitching in MLB who either plays on a contending team or will be traded to a contending team in the next week.

Yep. If Crede and Iguchi don't botch their plays in the field and the Sox win, BainesHOF is finding something else to fret about -- like the lack of a sixth starting pitcher for the months of August and September.

Iwritecode
07-22-2005, 02:56 PM
Yep. If Crede and Iguchi don't botch their plays in the field and the Sox win, BainesHOF is finding something else to fret about -- like the lack of a sixth starting pitcher for the months of August and September.

Are you trying to say that he should be posting in the official dark cloud thread?

:smile:

PaleHoseGeorge
07-22-2005, 02:57 PM
Are you trying to say that he should be posting in the official dark cloud thread?

:smile:

Good idea. This entire thread will be merged.

:thumbsup:

samram
07-22-2005, 02:57 PM

And if they actually had that sixth starter, he would move on to Herm's weight.

scottjanssens
07-22-2005, 03:01 PM
:threadsucks

I think this is the first time I've agreed with this sentiment.

LVSoxFan
07-22-2005, 03:09 PM
That was a definite off night for Buerhle. And hell if that's his off night, I'll take it.

Yes, sometimes like last night he's not exactly unhittable, but you have to look at the plus side: total workhorse, unbelievable number of quality starts, 2nd in the league I believe for inducing double plays, and one other good thing: he never seems to get rattled.

And he did not "blow it" last night against Boston--that team is awesome. Everybody in that lineup can hit (hint, hint). Anybody pitching against the Carmines who goes into the 7th with only three ERs? Thank you very much.

If Rowand didn't drop that double, if Iguchi weren't taken over by aliens and if Crede hadn't been zapped by the Jose Valentin/Steve Bartman deathray at that crucial moment, we wouldn't even be talking about this.

Enjoy him while you can, before he goes to St. Louis.

daveeym
07-22-2005, 03:18 PM

:kukoo: Not to mention Rowands play that he makes 99% of the time.

Iwritecode
07-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Good idea.

Well don't expect anymore from me. I've met my quota for the season. :redneck

BainesHOF
07-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Where did it go?

I can't make a legitimate point that Buehrle spit the bit yesterday and has trouble winning big games without it being deleted? What gives?

[moderator edit]

Dark cloud nonsense goes in the Dark Cloud Nonsense thread inside What's the Score.

Giving HomeFish a run for record silliness, are you?

BainesHOF
07-22-2005, 04:17 PM
Give me a break. It's not nonsense. An ace is expected to hold a lead in a big game. He's also expected to win big games, which Buehrle clearly has had trouble doing in his relatively young career.

Lighten up and talk baseball. Don't just delete something if you don't like it.

Iwritecode
07-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Give me a break. It's not nonsense. An ace is expected to hold a lead in a big game. He's also expected to win big games, which Buehrle clearly has had trouble doing in his relatively young career.

Lighten up and talk baseball. Don't just delete something if you don't like it.

It wasn't deleted, just put in it's proper place.

BainesHOF
07-22-2005, 04:24 PM
You probably think war is peace and 2 + 2 = 5.

It's scary when people try to control thoughts, even on a baseball message board.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-22-2005, 04:25 PM
It wasn't deleted, just put in it's proper place.

Now that he has been set straight, do you think BainesHOF is smart enough to find his newest posts and continue this witty discussion in the appropriate thread?

Maybe we need a "remedial WSI" to avoid these situations?

:cool:

Iwritecode
07-22-2005, 04:29 PM
You probably think war is peace and 2 + 2 = 5.

It's scary when people try to control thoughts, even on a baseball message board.

Burly did his job yesterday. He's not a strikeout pitcher so he has to let his defense work behind him.

Somebody else mentioned this once but I'll say it again:
Had Aaron caught that ball, Iguchi turned the double-play and Crede caught the pop-up we would be talking about what a great outing Burly had...

cheeses_h_rice
07-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Nice place you guys have got here...mind if I look in the fridge? What is this organic crap? Hummus? Who the **** eats hummus? Got anything better to eat? No? OK, then I'll just grab a brewski. Jesus, just low-carb crapola! Never mind, I'll just sit on the couch and watch some TV. Yeah, I realize your daughter is watching something for a school project; big whoop. Tell her to shut it off and turn to ESPN Classic -- there was a 1971 Jets game I wanted to watch...

TornLabrum
07-22-2005, 04:30 PM
I agree that Buehrle had a bad outing, and the biggest fault I can find is those five leadoff men getting on base. However, the rest of the stuff I'm reading is BS. EVERYBODY has several bad outings a year. The aces are the ones who have the fewest. Buehrle has damn few.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-22-2005, 04:36 PM
I agree that Buehrle had a bad outing, and the biggest fault I can find is those five leadoff men getting on base. However, the rest of the stuff I'm reading is BS. EVERYBODY has several bad outings a year. The aces are the ones who have the fewest. Buehrle has damn few.

Come on, Torn! Burly spit the bit out! He's no kind of pitcher for pressure games! Hell, he was probably so nervous out there, he put some sort of strange top spin on the ball that made Crede drop it. And Iguchi to boot his, too.

You Thought Police types know nothing about how to run a popular message board. Anybody with any crazy theory ought to be allowed to squat right down in the middle of the forum and leave a big steaming pile of ****.

:wink:

BainesHOF
07-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Anybody with any crazy theory ought to be allowed to squat right down in the middle of the forum and leave a big steaming pile of ****.

Nice language. Watch your mouth. Kids read this board too.

maurice
07-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Now that he has been set straight, do you think BainesHOF is smart enough to find his newest posts and continue this witty discussion in the appropriate thread?

Good question. I'm still waiting for him to answer mine.

maurice
07-22-2005, 05:41 PM

Which of the words you quoted is unfit for child consumption?
Theory?
Allowed?
Middle?

RKMeibalane
07-25-2005, 08:37 AM

Shut up, *******.

SpammySosa
07-25-2005, 10:29 AM
Shut up, *******.

The point of stirring up this thread after 2 days was why...?:?: Your obsession with conflict,trolls and controversy puzzles me.

RKMeibalane
07-25-2005, 10:30 AM
The point of stirring up this thread after 2 days was why...?:?: Your obsession with conflict,trolls and controversy puzzles me.

Thanks for sharing.

RKMeibalane
08-02-2005, 12:21 PM
With Frank being gone again, I'm surprised HomeFish didn't come back here and whine. I wonder where he is.

Baby Fisk
08-02-2005, 12:24 PM
With Frank being gone again, I'm surprised HomeFish didn't come back here and whine. I wonder where he is.
- Thomas out
- no big moves by KW before the trade deadline
- Oakland resurgence
- Cleveland coming up fast
- the "accursed ones" still poised to grab the wild card

This weekend was tailor-made for a Homefish eruption. I mean, my god, we barely swept Baltimore...

I'm ssang, and I'm still an IDIOT!
08-09-2005, 01:41 PM
I predict Contreras gets shelled tonight. We lose badly. Then we go on a tailspin while the Tribe plays a cupcake schedule. We end up losing the divison to Cleveland at the end and the Sox are remembered as the team that had the biggest collapse in MLB hostory. DAMN!:angry: :angry: :angry:

Ol' No. 2
08-09-2005, 01:49 PM
I predict Contreras gets shelled tonight. We lose badly. Then we go on a tailspin while the Tribe plays a cupcake schedule. We end up losing the divison to Cleveland at the end and the Sox are remembered as the team that had the biggest collapse in MLB hostory. DAMN!:angry: :angry: :angry::prozac

FielderJones
08-09-2005, 01:58 PM
I predict Contreras gets shelled tonight. We lose badly. Then we go on a tailspin while the Tribe plays a cupcake schedule. We end up losing the divison to Cleveland at the end and the Sox are remembered as the team that had the biggest collapse in MLB hostory. DAMN!:angry: :angry: :angry:

:chickenlittle (misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

TornLabrum
08-09-2005, 02:34 PM

:darkcloud:

Cowhead418
08-09-2005, 02:41 PM
I predict Contreras gets shelled tonight. We lose badly. Then we go on a tailspin while the Tribe plays a cupcake schedule. We end up losing the divison to Cleveland at the end and the Sox are remembered as the team that had the biggest collapse in MLB hostory. DAMN!:angry:
:rolleyes: :kneeslap: :roflmao: :kukoo: :nuts: :smokin: :thud: :wired: :rolling:

TaylorStSox
08-09-2005, 02:46 PM

PAPChiSox729
08-09-2005, 02:47 PM
:rolleyes: :kneeslap: :roflmao: :kukoo: :nuts: :smokin: :thud: :wired: :rolling:

:drunken:

I think that may have played a factor too...

TornLabrum
08-09-2005, 02:48 PM
What's hostory?

Cowhead418
08-09-2005, 03:39 PM
:drunken:

I think that may have played a factor too...
Very good point. There weren't enough smilies allowed in one post to allow me to express my full feelings on that post.:cool:

chopperjc
08-09-2005, 04:00 PM

Wow, do we really look like the 69 Cubs?

CYGarland20
08-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Well Contreras better be very good tonite, because Ozzie is throwing outthis BS lineup again..........Pods, Iguchi, PIERZYINSKI :?: , Konerko, TIMO :angry: , Dye, Rowand, Crede, Uribe..........Well PK won't be getting any good pitches to hit, and AJ better be on his game......

CaptainBallz
08-09-2005, 04:09 PM
I predict Contreras gets shelled tonight. We lose badly. Then we go on a tailspin while the Tribe plays a cupcake schedule. We end up losing the divison to Cleveland at the end and the Sox are remembered as the team that had the biggest collapse in MLB hostory. DAMN!:angry: :angry: :angry::booty: :mg: (YOUR MOM) :yup: :bs: :whatever:

There's some more......

CaptainBallz
08-09-2005, 04:13 PM
Well Contreras better be very good tonite, because Ozzie is throwing outthis BS lineup again..........Pods, Iguchi, PIERZYINSKI :?: , Konerko, TIMO :angry: , Dye, Rowand, Crede, Uribe..........Well PK won't be getting any good pitches to hit, and AJ better be on his game......

Check the man's words here (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-ssep09.html)... :dunno:

maurice
08-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Check the man's words here (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-ssep09.html)... :dunno:

''After Rowand, we struggled the last couple of days." . . . Rowand, who [] is batting .313 (10-for-32) during an eight-game hitting streak, was dropped to the No. 7 spot, only the 13th time he has been there this season.

He bats Timo ****ing Perez #5 and one of his hottest hitters #7. :(:

For the record, Rowand is hitting .320 when he's in the #5 spot.

daveeym
08-09-2005, 06:13 PM
He bats Timo ****ing Perez #5 and one of his hottest hitters #7. :(:

For the record, Rowand is hitting .320 when he's in the #5 spot.:ozzie I make the ****ing lineups.

Norberto7
08-09-2005, 10:35 PM

Easy, Shingo.

:booty: :mg: (YOUR MOM) :yup: :bs: :whatever:

There's some more......

Heh, heh....your mom....

Ol' No. 2
08-09-2005, 10:45 PM
I predict Contreras gets shelled tonight. We lose badly. Then we go on a tailspin while the Tribe plays a cupcake schedule. We end up losing the divison to Cleveland at the end and the Sox are remembered as the team that had the biggest collapse in MLB hostory. DAMN!:angry: :angry: :angry:Boy, you sure nailed that one. Got any tips on tomorrow's races at Arlington?

FloridaSox
08-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Over the past several weeks, the smart ball offense seems to have disappeared and the offense is sitting back on relying on the HR:

8/9: 2 of 2 runs scored on HRs
8/8: 0 or 2 runs scored on HR
8/7: 3 of 3 runs scored on HRs
8/6: 2 of 4 runs scored on HRs
8/5: 2 of 2 runs scored on HRs
8/4: 4 of 5 runs scored on HRs
8/3: 3 of 3 runs scored on HRs
8/2: 2 of 3 runs scored on HRs
8/1: 1 of 6 runs scored on HR

Our offense is not overwhelming--11th in AL inn BA, 11 the OBP, 7th in SLG, 6th in runs scored. Over the first half of the season, our offensive deficiencies were overcome because of an ability to manufacture runs in addition to the HR. If we sit back on rely on HRs, are we going to go far in the post-season?

ode to veeck
08-09-2005, 11:05 PM

chisoxmike
08-09-2005, 11:06 PM
8/9: 2 of 2 runs scored on HRs
8/8: 0 or 2 runs scored on HR
8/7: 3 of 3 runs scored on HRs
8/6: 2 of 4 runs scored on HRs
8/5: 2 of 2 runs scored on HRs
8/4: 4 of 5 runs scored on HRs
8/3: 3 of 3 runs scored on HRs
8/2: 2 of 3 runs scored on HRs
8/1: 1 of 6 runs scored on HR

Yeah, I've noticed this too, so have many on this here board. The long ball has been more prominante since the All Star Break. You have a point, but people here are probably going to slam you and call you a dark cloud and give you the thread sucks tag. But you're right, there has been no small ball.

chisoxmike
08-09-2005, 11:07 PM

Wow. :dtroll:

FarWestChicago
08-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I've noticed this too, so have many on this here board. The long ball has been more prominante since the All Star Break. You have a point, but people here are probably going to slam you and call you a dark cloud and give you the thread sucks tag. But you're right, there has been no small ball.:darkclouds:

Whitesox4ever
09-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Even if we did make the playoffs. the way we have been playing we will lose out in the first round..

We had this season pretty much wrapped up several weeks ago and all we did was choke the last few weeks..

All I have to say is the Sox better get some top players in the offseason or the ball park will be empty.

Clembasbal
09-22-2005, 10:11 PM
All I have to say is the Sox better get some top players in the offseason or the ball park will be empty.

You sir, are a loser.

Cowhead418
09-22-2005, 10:12 PM
EDIT: Nevermind.

veeter
09-22-2005, 10:14 PM
This is the maddest I've ever been as a Sox fan. At this point I couldn't care less what happens to these losers. I mean MN is not good anymore the game was there for the taking. Jermaine Dye was the biggest Sox killer when he was with other teams and he still is the biggest Sox killer. It's going to be fun being made fun of for the rest of my life, thanks hitless wonders, thanks.

ScottsdaleSoxFan
09-22-2005, 10:15 PM
Even if we did make the playoffs. the way we have been playing we will lose out in the first round..

We had this season pretty much wrapped up several weeks ago and all we did was choke the last few weeks..

I do agree that this is the biggest choke of all time, and it will be pathetic when we officially are eliminated. I can't believe this came down to rooting against the Red Sox to get a wild card spot. This team has played pathetic, and they deserve to be losing so much ground the way they play. McCarthy made one bad pitch tonight that resluted in a run and he didn't get the win? Santana is beatable, his ERA isn't 0.00. That's how we have made him look. The only good things tonight were McCarthy and Crede. Nothing else resulted from this game. We can't score at all. I don't think I have ever seen a team get bases loaded with 1 out and not get the run in during the bottom of the 9th.

ScottsdaleSoxFan
09-22-2005, 10:16 PM
You sir, are a loser.

As upset as we are getting, this is really becoming a reality. We finally get a big game pitching performance and we lose? 1.5 is the loneliest number right now. Cleveland is getting a 4 game sweep of the Royals without a doubt. This season just can't get any worse.

kittle42
09-22-2005, 10:17 PM
I don't think I have ever seen a team get bases loaded with 1 out and not get the run in during the bottom of the 9th.

Then you don't watch a lot of baseball.

SoxSpeed22
This season just can't get any worse.I hope you're correct about that.

buehrle4cy05
The franchise might even fold in a few years because of lost revenue.

That's taking it a little bit too far.

ScottsdaleSoxFan
09-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Then you don't watch a lot of baseball.

Can't you admit that a first place team should have an automatic run in that situation?

RavenswoodFan
This is the maddest I've ever been as a Sox fan. At this point I couldn't care less what happens to these losers. I mean MN is not good anymore the game was there for the taking. Jermaine Dye was the biggest Sox killer when he was with other teams and he still is the biggest Sox killer. It's going to be fun being made fun of for the rest of my life, thanks hitless wonders, thanks.

Ditto, I am so angry about this! What a bunch of choking losers!:angry:

ElDuque26
i have been fighting off criticism from my friends for weeks now and they think im just making it up...honestly i thought they were gona rebound but after these last 4 games there is little hope that this team has the heart or character to turn the season around and play like they can...or could.

daveeym
09-22-2005, 10:19 PM
You sir, are a loser. You sir need to get a clue, because IF they blow this it will happen if they don't WOW everyone in the off season.

SoxFan78
09-22-2005, 10:21 PM
I feel like that guy in "Office Space".

Every Sox game I watch I feel like its the worst day in my Sox fan life right now.

Somebody hypnotize me so I can go straight to the end of the season and find out if this team is there or not. Somebody please...

Joosh
09-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Seriously, this is pathetic. No one in the chatroom tonight believed in the sox even when they gave up only one run. Thats Pathetic.

I don't like this any more that you, but I always thought we were some of the best fans in baseball, and I'm even starting to doubt that all.

I'm done with this site until the season is over. And when the division is in our hands, I'll be back. If its not, I'll be back.

PAPChiSox729
09-22-2005, 10:23 PM
Somebody hypnotize me so I can go straight to the end of the season and find out if this team is there or not. Somebody please...

I have been wishing for that for a while now. I am still standing by them, but this is just too nerve-racking.

kittle42
09-22-2005, 10:23 PM
Seriously, this is pathetic. No one in the chatroom tonight believed in the sox even when they gave up only one run. Thats Pathetic.

I don't like this any more that you, but I always thought we were some of the best fans in baseball, and I'm even starting to doubt that all.

I'm done with this site until the season is over. And when the division is in our hands, I'll be back. If its not, I'll be back.

You know what? Me, too. This thread is making me sick. I can go a week+ without it.

Deuce
09-22-2005, 10:24 PM
I am beat down, but I'm not calling it a season until the season is lost.

PAPChiSox729
09-22-2005, 10:25 PM
I am beat down, but I'm not calling it a season until the season is lost.

I'm with you. Jose is going tomorrow. Then Freddy and Mark are going to get back on track. We are still in this.

LostInLeftField
09-22-2005, 10:27 PM
I think Hawk's sentiment this evening summed it up nicely:

Situation: One out, bottom of the 9th, gamed tied one all..

Tadahito and Konerko on 1st and 2nd, Rowand at the plate..

Hawk says "Dye is on deck, if there isn't a double play"

32nd&Wallace
I would like to answers to this question:

1 - would this be more devestating than the 94 strike AND

2 - what must this organization do to make it up to the fans?

I_Liked_Manuel
i look for a reason every day to believe that this team is going to right the ship, but i just can't find one.

Cowhead418
I'm not even going to watch anymore games for the rest of the season. I've fallen behind in my homework and need to catch up (goes for sleep as well). But you're right - THEY ARE ZERO FUN TO WATCH RIGHT NOW. Just pathetic. Wake me up when it's over.

Joosh
I would also like to note that Ozzie sounded like he was about to cry during the postgame press conference.

I feel the same way. :whiner:

ElDuque26
09-22-2005, 10:30 PM
i think this will be much more devistating...we had this in the bag...15 games in 2 months come on!...im not sure what the orginization would have to do and i dont think anyone can answer right now...we are getting the opportunities (i.e. runners in scoring position in 8th 9th and10th) but cant capitolize...thats what we were doing earlier....WHATS HAPPENING!!!

BigHurtRules
09-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Long time lurker here. I've made the occasional post but it took me about two years to resgister.

I've been sitting on the side too long. Maybe it's frustration. Maybe it's the beer. Maybe it's a combo. So it's time for me to spout off.

The way this team is playing now, they do not deserve to make the playoffs. I bought my the playoff tickets with the hopes and dreams of all of us...a World Series championship. But over the last 2 months this team has shown why it doesn't belong with the big boys. Sure, they can still get there but after watching tonight, do they deserve it? Will they do any damage if they get there?

Tonight sums up most of the last 2 months. Great pitching. No hitting. We all got warm fuzzies at the great timely hitting the team had at the beginning of the year, but over time the law of averages kicks in or in our case, kicks us in the head...repeatedly.

The reality is this team is not a good offensive team on paper or on the field. Outside of PK, they're a team full of average to below average hitters and it caught up to them, unfortunately at the worst time possible. Sure we all know that trading Lee got us more money to get badly needed pitching. And Magglio wasn't worth the risk. Unfortunately my idol was injured for the rest of the year (possibly and regrettably it could be his career). And while Kenny did a good job remaking this team he gave up too much offense to shore up the pitching. There has to be a happy medium in there somewhere.

I'm done with my post and am going to pass out. Alcohol will help me fall asleep tonight. Glad I started early.

Clembasbal
09-22-2005, 10:31 PM
You sir need to get a clue, because IF they blow this it will happen if they don't WOW everyone in the off season.

Fine, don't go to the games. We don't need your kind anyway. Be a dedicated Sox fan will you. Yeah we should win this, and if we don't I am going to be peeved jsut like everybody else. But I am still going to go ands support them, even if they don't go out and bring in a ton of studs. It is my team and I love them. I will always go because I am not a bandwagon Sox fan. I have been there for 15 years with my season tickets and I have been there for the heartbreak and the 2000 team and the fallouts and the whiteflag, but I am still here because I cherish every moment they give me. Like it or not, if you give up on them then you are a Moron.

BigHurtRules
09-22-2005, 10:32 PM
I'm not even going to watch anymore games for the rest of the season. I've fallen behind in my homework and need to catch up (goes for sleep as well). But you're right - THEY ARE ZERO FUN TO WATCH RIGHT NOW. Just pathetic. Wake me up when it's over.

Doesn't Green Day have a song about not being able to wait until Sept. ends. I feel the same way.

daveeym
Why do I get the feeling that they won't serve beer at the game tomorrow while I'm attending, just to rub salt in my wounds.

Cowhead418
I agree. They don't deserve to go to the playoffs. They just don't care anymore. I seriously want Ozzie to play the call-ups, at least they care. There is no fire anywhere within this team.

Uncle_Patrick
09-22-2005, 10:33 PM
IF they do completely collapse, this will be much more devestating. With the '94 strike, we'll never know what would have happened. We can only speculate. This year, we knew what should have happened...and watched it slip away.

lowesox
09-22-2005, 10:35 PM
I think this team already has choked.

TheOldRoman
1)Yes
-and-
2)Raise ticket prices.
What kind of question is that? The organization doesn't have to make it up to the fans. It isn't their fault we are playing like garbage. This is going to hurt the organization and its future about as much as it will hurt the fans. The organization doesn't have to "do anything" to make it up to us.

What are these gutless players going to do? That might be a better question. They will cash large paychecks, say "I did the best I could" and go on with their lives. I wish I could care as little as they do.

jehosaphat
I'm with you. Jose is going tomorrow. Then Freddy and Mark are going to get back on track. We are still in this.

We are still in it, but man, we gotta score more than 1 run a game.

daveeym
09-22-2005, 10:36 PM
Fine, don't go to the games. We don't need your kind anyway. Be a dedicated Sox fan will you. Yeah we should win this, and if we don't I am going to be peeved jsut like everybody else. But I am still going to go ands support them, even if they don't go out and bring in a ton of studs. It is my team and I love them. I will always go because I am not a bandwagon Sox fan. I have been there for 15 years with my season tickets and I have been there for the heartbreak and the 2000 team and the fallouts and the whiteflag, but I am still here because I cherish every moment they give me. Like it or not, if you give up on them then you are a Moron. Go get hooked on phonics buddy, where did I say anything about me not attending? You've obviously not been following this team and its fan base for very long if you think it won't happen and it has nothing to do with the diehard fans. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

epgalsoxfan
Fine, don't go to the games. We don't need your kind anyway. Be a dedicated Sox fan will you. Yeah we should win this, and if we don't I am going to be peeved jsut like everybody else. But I am still going to go ands support them, even if they don't go out and bring in a ton of studs. It is my team and I love them. I will always go because I am not a bandwagon Sox fan. I have been there for 15 years with my season tickets and I have been there for the heartbreak and the 2000 team and the fallouts and the whiteflag, but I am still here because I cherish every moment they give me. Like it or not, if you give up on them then you are a Moron.

I'm totally with you...i'm nervous yes...but i'm not going to give up on them.. i'm going to the game tomorrow and i hope that they dont disappoint. But if you do, i will still be a white sox fan! Come on Sox! Show us what you really got!

PAPChiSox729
Doesn't Green Day have a song about not being able to wait until Sept. ends. I feel the same way.

I do not like Green Day much at all, but "Wake Me Up When September Ends" pretty much sums up everything about the Sox right now.

PAPChiSox729
09-22-2005, 10:37 PM
We are still in it, but man, we gotta score more than 1 run a game.

If we don't score more than 1 run a game, then we are not in it. They get Lohse tommorrow. I think a total annihilation is in order.

:wink:

mrsamlowry
09-22-2005, 10:38 PM
it will be the BIGGEST CHOKE IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT. Is that dubious enough for anyone? We are going to be (and apparently are now) the laughing stock of the league.