PDA

View Full Version : Bill Madden on WFAN was saying

Fenway
04-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Bill Madden of the NY Daily News is saying that the wizard up in Milwaukee
(Mr. Selig) is once again looking at making each league 15 teams and to have 6 FIVE team divisions. Madden says Selig has been hearing from west coast owners who are grumbling that they have to make east to make up for the fact that there are only 4 teams in the AL West. Madden hears the most likely to move would be Colorado but Arizona also possible along with Washington or Florida.

What really perked my ears up was Madden saying that Buffalo billionaire Jerry Jacobs who owns the Boston Bruins is in talks to buy a MLB team that he currenty has the concessions for.

Could be one of many teams

http://www.delawarenorth.com/AboutDNC/Sportservice.asp

MRKARNO
04-16-2005, 05:32 PM
Would that mean that there would always be an interleague game? That doesnt sound like a good idea to me, but then again, if I were an NL fan (NL Central especially), I might not like the current system as much as the proposed.

RKMeibalane
04-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Is there a way to get Bud Lite removed from office? This guy is killing professional baseball.

IDIOT ----------------------------------------> :tool

Fenway
04-16-2005, 05:45 PM
It would mean an interleague game all the time.

But 14 teams in one league and 16 in the other isn't perfect either.

Look at this way, it could create a situation where the White Sox and Cubs OPEN a season.

In a perfect word baseball would get rid of at least 2 teams but I can't see that happening now