PDA

View Full Version : I Thought The Indians Were Supposed To Be Good

Fredsox
04-16-2005, 04:19 PM
So if the Indians are so good why do they suck so bad (insert Yogi Berra comment here)? Can't we count on them to knock off the Twinkies every now and then? There big FA signing Millwood lost to them 6-4. I figured after we slapped them around this week they'd come out fighting against MN. Do you think ESPN was wrong about them?????

nasox
04-16-2005, 04:30 PM
Are you a red sox fan, or is your name fred?

Unregistered
04-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Are you a red sox fan, or is your name fred? Maybe it's like "F the Red Sox"? :?:

SOXSINCE'70
04-16-2005, 05:19 PM
It's only April,but if the 'Toons keep this up,they'll never win
the AL Central like that blowhard McNeil predicted.:bandance: :bandance:

johnny_mostil
04-16-2005, 05:36 PM
So if the Indians are so good why do they suck so bad

They aren't very good. I never thought they were. They won 80 games last year with a half dozen career seasons.

Fredsox
04-16-2005, 05:44 PM
Maybe it's like "F the Red Sox"? :?:

Give that man twenty-five silver dollars.

Fredsox
04-16-2005, 05:49 PM
They aren't very good. I never thought they were. They won 80 games last year with a half dozen career seasons.

So the Indians are in the crapper if they can't beat the White Sox or the Twins, and the Tigers are in the crapper because their right fielder has a) a bad knee b) diverticulitis c) a hernia d) $75 million for the next 5 years.

What a surprise! It's the Sox and the Twins for the division championship!

The Wimperoo
04-16-2005, 06:54 PM
:threadsucks

It's the 2nd freaking week of the season. There are a lot of games that need to be played before anyone is crowned champion. Take a pill.

I'm tired of all these threads declaring teams champions or losers already.

doublem23
04-16-2005, 08:04 PM
I'm tired of all these threads declaring teams champions or losers already.

I'm not. I've been saying it since the off-season. Cleveland sucks. Detroit does, for that matter, too.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_124693.jpg <<<< Idiot.

PAPChiSox729
04-16-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm not. I've been saying it since the off-season. Cleveland sucks. Detroit does, for that matter, too.

Well at least the Royals are realistic about it. Then again, at the beginning of '04, they were so unbearable! It never ends I guess...

MHOUSE
04-17-2005, 03:20 AM
'Fake' Westbrook and Cliff Lee had career years in 2004, Kevin Millwood has been a bust since leaving Atlanta, and they can't seem to keep Crispy Creme Sabathia away from the DL or the buffett. Where will that leave them? (especially with Riske Business, Arthur Rhodes, Bob Wickman, and Gascan in the bullpen) Nowhere but third place. The only thing that scares me is their offense, but good pitching beats good hitting.

Hokiesox
04-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Well at least the Royals are realistic about it. Then again, at the beginning of '04, they were so unbearable! It never ends I guess...

There are 5 teams in the AL Central? :?:

Fake Chet Lemon
04-17-2005, 11:26 PM
Sabathia came back today and looked good, so that makes them better. But they are still pretenders. All of their past years playing in the East still gets them a little extra media coverage and hype than they deserve.

Jjav829
04-18-2005, 12:10 AM
I don't know why people are writing off the Indians already. They are going to contend for the ALC before it's all over.

It's funny because they've sort of mirrored the Sox. Their pitching has been good so far. Millwood looks like the pre-2004 Millwood and less like the 2004 Millwood. Sabathia pitched well in his return. Westbrook has had two great starts, and one bad start. Aside from Wickman's blowup against the Sox, the Cleveland bullpen has been outstanding.

On the other hand, their offense has been just as bad as the Sox. They're in the same situation where their big bats are not hitting. Victor Martinez has been bad thus far. Aaron Boone has been awful. Really, they don't have a single player that is hitting like they should. Alex Cora is their only .300 hitter and he's a platoon player.

The only difference between the Sox and Indians is a few timely hits. Obviously the W-L record is different, but otherwise the two teams have performed at nearly the same level. I don't understand why people are so quick to write them off. You know the hitting will come around, and they figure to still have some good pitching. They're going to be in this race.

koch44
04-18-2005, 12:33 AM
This Indians looks like the 2003 White Sox, where we had Colon, Loaiza, and Buehrle, they have Sabathia, Westbrook, and Millwood. They'll be with us until September, and then we'll shut them down in our last two series with them, like the Twins did to us in 2003.

TDog
04-18-2005, 12:51 AM
I don't know why people are writing off the Indians already. ...The only difference between the Sox and Indians is a few timely hits. Obviously the W-L record is different, but otherwise the two teams have performed at nearly the same level. I don't understand why people are so quick to write them off. You know the hitting will come around, and they figure to still have some good pitching. They're going to be in this race.

You may be right, but I was saying the same thing about the 2001 White Sox that was losing so many close games in the division in early April.

Coming into the season, though, I saw Cleveland being a good team in the division, but the current break in the division with the Sox and Twins ahead of everyone else is exactly what I expected..

WhiteSoxFan84
04-18-2005, 01:44 PM
As much as I love this hot start by the Sox and they're 2 out of 3 trend, we all know they won't win 108 games this year and neither will the twins. At the same time we should all realize that the Indians won't be this bad all year long. FeeFee Sabathia just came back yesterday and looked great so who knows what they're going to do now. Wickman is starting to pick it up (I still think he sucks and won't be the closer at year's end). They're hitting is in the crapper but it can only get better than what it is right now.

gosox41
04-18-2005, 02:53 PM
I don't know why people are writing off the Indians already. They are going to contend for the ALC before it's all over.

It's funny because they've sort of mirrored the Sox. Their pitching has been good so far. Millwood looks like the pre-2004 Millwood and less like the 2004 Millwood. Sabathia pitched well in his return. Westbrook has had two great starts, and one bad start. Aside from Wickman's blowup against the Sox, the Cleveland bullpen has been outstanding.

On the other hand, their offense has been just as bad as the Sox. They're in the same situation where their big bats are not hitting. Victor Martinez has been bad thus far. Aaron Boone has been awful. Really, they don't have a single player that is hitting like they should. Alex Cora is their only .300 hitter and he's a platoon player.

The only difference between the Sox and Indians is a few timely hits. Obviously the W-L record is different, but otherwise the two teams have performed at nearly the same level. I don't understand why people are so quick to write them off. You know the hitting will come around, and they figure to still have some good pitching. They're going to be in this race.

I don't get why people are writing the Indians off either. They're by no means a gret team but neither are the Sox. When it's all said and done the Indians will have a better winning percentage then they do now and the Sox will have a worse one. It's only been 12 games so it's kind of hard to judge a team right now.

Bob

Tekijawa
04-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Maybe it's like "F the Red Sox"? :?:

Could be a Priest and his sox? Fr. Ed Sox?