PDA

View Full Version : Yankees leak plans for new YANKEE STADIUM

Fenway
04-16-2005, 04:06 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/ips_rich_content/991-FRONT_BIG.jpg

and then there will be just 2 left

http://www.nydailynews.com/images/heads/sub0416.jpgDaily News Exclusive: From the outside, it'll be 1923 again. Limestone walls rising like a fortress, standing sentinel in refurbished parkland. It's the view Babe Ruth had when he went to work in the house they built for him. On the inside, a mix of modernity and antiquity has officials from City Hall, Albany and the Bronx gushing.
FULL STORY (http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/300544p-257209c.html)

Unregistered
04-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Well they need to do something, The Stadium is a ****hole.

Shea is too, for that matter.

nasox
04-16-2005, 04:32 PM
There are already two left. Yankee doesn't date back to 1923, but 1976

Fenway
04-16-2005, 04:35 PM

Until 1996 George wanted out of the Bronx so badly as they really did have problems getting fans to go, but this past decade they have been packing them in and now George will build across the street

The location of the new ballpark is the playground on the other side of the third base grandstand

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.827094,-73.927249&spn=0.003358,0.005300&t=k&saddr=880+river+drive+bronx+ny&daddr=880+River+Ave,Bronx,+NY+10452&hl=en

Daver
04-16-2005, 04:36 PM

Fenway Park is worse than both of them combined.

Unregistered
04-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Fenway Park is worse than both of them combined. Not to mention the dump 8 miles north of The Cell... :cool:

Fenway
04-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Fenway Park is worse than both of them combined.

Fenway doesn't have garbarge heaps next to seating areas like they do at The Stadium.

Fenway was getting bad 5 years ago but the new ownership had really improved the areas under the stands.

MRKARNO
04-16-2005, 05:12 PM
They were talking about this a while ago, so this isnt totally a surprise, but I thought the Mets were supposed to get a new stadium as well. Guess not.

In any case, 2009 looks like it will be a big year for NY sports stadiums between Yankee Stadium III and the new Jets Stadium opening up in Midtown.

Fenway
04-16-2005, 05:15 PM
They were talking about this a while ago, so this isnt totally a surprise, but I thought the Mets were supposed to get a new stadium as well. Guess not.

In any case, 2009 looks like it will be a big year for NY sports stadiums between Yankee Stadium III and the new Jets Stadium opening up in Midtown.

you forgot one

“This is the best deal for taxpayers of any stadium deal in the NFL,”
- Governor Richard J. Codey

http://www.giants.com/news/eisen/story.asp?story_id=6235

Daver
04-16-2005, 05:49 PM
Fenway doesn't have garbarge heaps next to seating areas like they do at The Stadium.

Fenway was getting bad 5 years ago but the new ownership had really improved the areas under the stands.

Yeah, keep polishing that turd.

Guess what, the turd will never shine.

NSSoxFan
04-16-2005, 05:52 PM

Most likely, the reason Fenway doesn't have garbage heaps next to seating areas is because of the lack of room in those seating areas. :D:

Like Daver said, Fenway is a turd. No matter how much you try to polish a turd it will never shine. Brilliantly said daver.

Fenway
04-16-2005, 05:56 PM
Most likely, the reason Fenway doesn't have garbage heaps next to seating areas is because of the lack of room in those seating areas. :D:

Like Daver said, Fenway is a turd. No matter how much you try to polish a turd it will never shine. Brilliantly said daver.

well as they announced more renovations yesterday, I am stuck with it for the rest of my life....unless we have an earthquake in which case the entire Back bay will be reborn anyways :?:

Red Sox to add upscale seats; sponsor signed (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2005/04/16/sox_to_add_upscale_seats_sponsor_signed)

Frater Perdurabo
04-16-2005, 06:42 PM

There comes a point at which spit-shining a turd turns it into a puddle of diarrhea. :o:

Velvet_Fog
04-16-2005, 06:52 PM
"The house that greed built"

doublem23
04-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Nice to see that the team is planning on fronting the $800 million needed for construction costs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcDBuM2RlBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-yankees-newstadium&prov=ap&type=lgns

:reinsy
Psst... Hey George, just threaten to move the team to Tampa Bay and watch the state legislature cave.

doublem23
04-16-2005, 08:02 PM

Agreed. I was at Fenway a few years ago and the place is a dump.

Wsoxmike59
04-16-2005, 08:23 PM
I'm always saddened to see the old ballparks go, as they are the treasured hallowed grounds of the memories of the game from our youth. For those reasons, I hope that Wrigley Field and Fenway Park stand forever....serving as a reminder to the following generations of baseabll fans that once upon a time, THIS IS HOW THE GAME WAS PLAYED. They are living breathing baseball mueseums that span the generations and cut a swath across the centuries.

I think it is something we owe to future baseball fans to keep the aforementioned ballparks around as long as it is humanly possible. For an American League fan, to be able to sit in a park where a Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Smokey Joe Wood, Shoeless Joe Jackson and all the way up to Carl Yastrzemski and the Rocket Roger Clemens once played is a priceless memory.

For a National League fan to visit a park where Hack Wilson, Mel Ott, Stan Musial, Ernie Banks, Jackie Robinson, Willie Mays and Hank Aaron all did battle in, is a magical experience.... it would be a shame to lose that.

Wrigley Field and Fenway Park are Historic Ballparks and they ooze history in every nook and cranny of their cramped and cozy confines. Go to a game there and close your eyes and you just may see the ghosts of Ted Williams wrapping one around the Pesky Pole....or the Great Bambino call his shot!! May they both live forever!

JoseCanseco6969
04-16-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm always saddened to see the old ballparks go, as they are the treasured hallowed grounds of the memories of the game from our youth. For those reasons, I hope that Wrigley Field and Fenway Park stand forever....serving as a reminder to the following generations of baseabll fans that once upon a time, THIS IS HOW THE GAME WAS PLAYED. They are living breathing baseball mueseums that span the generations and cut a swath across the centuries.

I think it is something we owe to future baseball fans to keep the aforementioned ballparks around as long as it is humanly possible. For an American League fan, to be able to sit in a park where a Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Smokey Joe Wood, Shoeless Joe Jackson and all the way up to Carl Yastrzemski and the Rocket Roger Clemens once played is a priceless memory.

For a National League fan to visit a park where Hack Wilson, Mel Ott, Stan Musial, Ernie Banks, Jackie Robinson, Willie Mays and Hank Aaron all did battle in, is a magical experience.... it would be a shame to lose that.

Wrigley Field and Fenway Park are Historic Ballparks and they ooze history in every nook and cranny of their cramped and cozy confines. Go to a game there and close your eyes and you just may see the ghosts of Ted Williams wrapping one around the Pesky Pole....or the Great Bambino call his shot!! May they both live forever!

Life goes on. Boo freaking hoo. Tear the parks down, build a memorial, move on.
By the way, was you post supposed to be in teal?

jake27
04-16-2005, 09:59 PM
looks like im going to have to make a trip to new york before 2009

Unregistered
04-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Life goes on. Boo freaking hoo. Tear the parks down, build a memorial, move on.
LOL, that's the kind of sensitivity and appreciation for tradition that can only come from a name like "JoseCanseco6969". :D:

Wsoxmike59
04-17-2005, 02:52 PM
LOL, that's the kind of sensitivity and appreciation for tradition that can only come from a name like "JoseCanseco6969". :D:

ROTFLMAO!!!!

You took the words right out of my mouth. :D:

Fenway
04-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Agreed. I was at Fenway a few years ago and the place is a dump.

Key word is a few years ago

they have made major improvements under the stands and this year behind the grandstand on the first base side. Don't get me wrong I was one in favor of a new park by the harbor but they didn't ask me.

dickallen15
04-17-2005, 07:03 PM
I was in Fenway in 2003. They had widened the concourse down the rightfield line. It was pretty nice. The seats are small, but to me, its far nicer than Yankee Stadium. Regarding the new Yankee Stadium, I thought I read somewhere that teams financing a new stadium can use the money they normally have to pay out in revenue sharing. So in essence, Steinbrenner is building a new stadium instead of throwing money to his competition. Sounds like a pretty good deal for him.

JoseCanseco6969
04-17-2005, 08:33 PM

Do you guys think I can make any post without being called out for my damn screen name?? Believe me I tried asking for a change. PHG wont do it. I used to be a Canseco fan, but in the years since I started posting on here, he became a big joke. I admit I have a crappy user name, so if you dont like what I post...for the love of God think of some other way to respond to it.

Unregistered
04-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Do you guys think I can make any post without being called out for my damn screen name?? Believe me I tried asking for a change. PHG wont do it. I used to be a Canseco fan, but in the years since I started posting on here, he became a big joke. I admit I have a crappy user name, so if you dont like what I post...for the love of God think of some other way to respond to it.Relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax, man. I was just messin' around. Don't get all bent out of shape cuz some dude who didn't even bother to register makes fun of your name. :redneck

Mickster
04-17-2005, 09:39 PM
Nice to see that the team is planning on fronting the $800 million needed for construction costs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcDBuM2RlBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-yankees-newstadium&prov=ap&type=lgns

:reinsy
Psst... Hey George, just threaten to move the team to Tampa Bay and watch the state legislature cave.

Actually, George is smarter than you think. He's paying the entire $800M needed for the proposed construction costs because he will then pay absolutely ZERO dollars towards revenue sharing. There is a loophole which will allow King George to offset his capital improvements, over time, therby eliminating the millions being paid to the "small market teams" annually.

The Racehorse
04-17-2005, 09:49 PM
I'm surprised that the exterior of any new Yankee stadium won't be shaped in the letters ESPN.

Unregistered
04-17-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm surprised that the exterior of any new Yankee stadium won't be shaped in the letters ESPN. Close enough. Who do you think is gonna move into the OLD Stadium when the Yankees move? :D: