PDA

View Full Version : First whine thread about attendance!

balke
04-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Its crazy that I buy tickets mid-afternoon and pick up some 7th row outfield seats without any effort. I recieved 4 tickets around noon, then at 5 another buddy of mine wanted to come to the game, so we got him another ticket... RIGHT NEXT TO US!!!

How can it be that a winning White Sox team has their first weekend series, with Ichiro Suzuki coming to town... and barely 10,000 make their way into the stadium? It was a gorgeous day, I was expecting a tough ticket, if not a sellout. What a great 8 innings of baseball it was. I hope those fans that supposedly come out to see "Good White Sox teams" actually do sometime soon. Looks pretty full today, but my gosh, we look like a future contraction waiting to happen.

I'll be there Sunday-Tuesday, Should've been there today, but woke up a little late. Let's get some bodies in the seats.

havelj
04-16-2005, 03:06 PM
Preaching to the chior. Beating a dead horse.
Attendance threads stopped being interesting about when Clinton was impeached.

:threadblows:

Fenway
04-16-2005, 03:27 PM
no it isn't a dead horse now that

1. Montreal is no longer hogging the attention

2. White Sox are winning

Seattle is a worthy take if for no other reason Ichiro Suzuki

Friday night, decent weather and one of the better players in the game on view.

Now I have heard Gammons say more than once that JR tries to keep attendance down so it does not trigger a clause in the lease that would cost him much more in rent. One thing that crowd shows me is the White Sox have a very limited season ticket base.

So on Friday of all games played ONLY Cleveland had a worse crowd

Stadium: U.S. Cellular Field, Chicago, IL
Attendance: 16,749 (35.6% full)
Game Time: 2:39
Temperature: 60 degrees, partly cloudy

Toronto @ Texas
Attendance: 30,453 (62% full)
Game Time: 2:15
Temperature: 72 degrees, clear

Detroit @ Kansas City
Attendance: 29,720 (72.9% full)
Game Time: 2:39
Temperature: 71 degrees, clear

Anaheim @ Oakland
Stadium: McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, CA
Attendance: 23,283 (48.3% full)
Game Time: 2:33
Temperature: 61 degrees, clear

Evil Empire @ Baltimore
Attendance: 48,061 (99.7% full)
Game Time: 2:33

Twins @ Cleveland
Attendance: 15,360 (35.4% full)
Game Time: 2:47
Temperature: 50 degrees, clear

Tampa Bay @ Boston
Attendance: 35,023 (97.6% full)
Game Time: 2:48
Temperature: 43 degrees, clear

Braves @ Philadelphia
Attendance: 31,408 (72.2% full)
Game Time: 3:02
Temperature: 55 degrees, clear

Cubs @ Pittsburgh
Attendance: 29,256 (76.3% full)
Game Time: 2:37
Temperature: 62 degrees, clear

Houston @ Reds
Attendance: 31,740 (75.5% full)
Game Time: 2:36
Temperature: 68 degrees, clear

Marlins @ Mets
Attendance: 49,448 (86.1% full)
Game Time: 2:21
Temperature: 50 degrees, partly cloudy

St Louis @ Milwaukee
Attendance: 22,676 (53.5% full)
Game Time: 2:13
Temperature: indoors

Giants @ Rockies
Attendance: 22,551 (44.7% full)
Game Time: 3:15
Temperature: 47 degrees, cloudy

Padres @ Dodgers
Attendance: 51,816 (92.5% full)
Game Time: 2:08
Temperature: 62 degrees, clear

havelj
04-16-2005, 03:30 PM
:deadhorse: :threadsucks

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2005, 03:38 PM
no it isn't a dead horse now that

1. Montreal is no longer hogging the attention

2. White Sox are winning

Seattle is a worthy take if for no other reason Ichiro Suzuki

Friday night, decent weather and one of the better players in the game on view.

Oh, I see. I'm aware of only one website with a sizably larger number of registered users than White Sox Interactive. Sorry Fenway, Sons of Sam Horn isn't it either.
:o:

So out of 30 MLB teams, the Sox manage to have one of the biggest and most successful fan-managed websites -- and now you think it's OUR PROBLEM that the ****ing White Sox don't know how to sell tickets to us???

Give me a ****ing break...
:kukoo:

The giant fan base at White Sox Interactive is NOT the problem. Our own success promoting the product proves the point! We at WSI can manage our operation just fine. What ****ing excuse can you make for 80+ years of incompetent Sox ownership?

Yeah, that's what I thought...

Daver
04-16-2005, 03:49 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/deadhorse.gif

Fenway
04-16-2005, 03:54 PM
We at WSI can manage our operation just fine. What ****ing excuse can you make for 80+ years of incompetent Sox ownership?

Yeah, that's what I thought...

Which Sox management? :rolleyes: We didn't win until we got rid of Yawkey and the people running his and his wife's affairs.

I do think the proposed METRA stop on 35th St will help a great deal as I have heard too many people from the southern burbs tell me they don't want to fight the traffic and the parking mess there.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2005, 03:58 PM
Which Sox management? :rolleyes: We didn't win until we got rid of Yawkey and the people running his and his wife's affairs.

I do think the proposed METRA stop on 35th St will help a great deal as I have heard too many people from the southern burbs tell me they don't want to fight the traffic and the parking mess there.

The Sox would be lucky to average even 2-3K more fans per game with a Metra stop. There are already TWO elevated lines within walking distance, a ten-lane expressway, and enough parking lots to make a Cubs fan wet his bed.

Stop making excuses for these dopes.

balke
04-16-2005, 03:59 PM
What dead horse? Says "first whine of the season" in the title.

My point is the modern day Ty Cobb came to OUR STADIUM, we are WINNING, it was our FIRST HOME WEEKEND SERIES, and as long as I've been here I hear "Sox fans go when we win because they are so smart".

I'm upset with my fans right now. I'm also upset with the area around the Cell. That whole area has a lot of potential to be a place to have a good time. 2 blocks of renovations, a good bar or restaurant and some billboards around the viaducts for the Sox and that place could be a beautiful fun place to go. It already is if you make it into the park.

Not only did noone show up, but the scoreboard was behind me, and I heard four peoples say "Sweet, the Cubs are losing". I looked back to check out the Twins score. Its flat-out embarrasing that so many Sox fans would rather look at the Cubs score. My buddy was screaming to get Takatsu out of there, because this is the second time we've seen him blow open a 5-2 game in the ninth for the other team, and some guy turns around and calls him a Cubs fan. *****.

GO Buerle. Wish I could've made it today. :cool:

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2005, 04:01 PM
[paraphrasing] :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Yeah, you're a real fan. Go change your shorts.

balke
04-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Yeah, you're a real fan. Go change your shorts.

That's a good one PaleHoseGeorge.

Its your problem if you don't think supporting your team is part of being a fan. Do you think the attendance for that kind of a game was satisfactory?

We'll see what it is Monday and Tuesday. If we can't sell out on discount night against the Twins... our fans have serious problems. And that's all I'm going to say about it.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2005, 04:26 PM
[paraphrasing]
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

You need to buy more tickets. Try about 50-times more -- for every game. Now that's being a fan! There are 49 people out there who aren't Sox Fans and you need to make up the difference all by your lonesome self.

Building a fanbase is Job #1 for the Sox, not Sox Fans. Get a clue.

Fenway
04-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Today a decent crowd

Saturday

Stadium: U.S. Cellular Field, Chicago, IL
Attendance: 25,931 (55.1% full)
Game Time: 1:39
Temperature: 64 degrees, sunny

misty60481
04-16-2005, 04:33 PM
I think the attendace will pick up when Big Frank gets back in line-up--I know a lot of us 50 to 60 miles away only get to go to 4 or 5 games a year and nobody really wants to go until Frank is back in groove..You have to remember---no Maggs,,no CLee,,no Jose,, no Frank,, they were big favorites that brought people in,,the replacements are not as big a names as they are..

balke
04-16-2005, 04:55 PM
You need to buy more tickets. Try about 50-times more -- for every game. Now that's being a fan! There are 49 people out there who aren't Sox Fans and you need to make up the difference all by your lonesome self.

Building a fanbase is Job #1 for the Sox, not Sox Fans. Get a clue.

I think putting a ballclub out there that wins consistantly is about the best remedy for that. Which they are. What happened to "through thick and thin" and all that jazz? The bulls get a winning record, and the place is nearly sold out for the season.

This isn't a question of my fandom, just an observation on attendance. I should be going to one game on any weekend and do my part, and still see the ballpark with 20,000 plus, any day of that weekend. Especially if we play a decent team, and DEFINITELY if it is the first weekend game on a nice weather night. Blame whoever you want, I just wanna see more fans out there. I guess Maggs and Clee losses are to blame partially. I thought that a bit last night.

I don't think I'm cooler than anyone for going to a game. But there's enough people in Chicago that can fill the stadium. Whether that's managements fault or the fans fault, it looks like there are no fans when you go to a game like that.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2005, 05:01 PM
....Whether that's managements fault or the fans fault, it looks like there are no fans when you go to a game like that.

BINGO!

I'll further note that *if* you bought 50 tickets to every single game the remainder of this year, Fenway would still be posting here how pathetic attendance at Sox Park remains because 50 extra seats sold doesn't amount to a hill of beans!

It's not a Sox Fan problem. It's a Sox problem. They've lost their fanbase!

Who's fault is that?

:gallas
"Don't look at me. I'm taillights!"

RKMeibalane
04-16-2005, 05:06 PM
:troll

"I like to spend my time whining about insignificant things. Just last night, I cried because my nightlight burned out."

*****! The Sox are 8-3, and people are whining about the attendance again. Good grief! And, for the record, the Mariners were awful last season. Most people I talk to don't think it's worth it to spend so much money for tickets just to see one player. Ichiro Suzuki looks the same on TV as he does in real life. If ticket prices were lower, I might be willing to accept your argument, but the fact remains that most people don't have the financial means to watch Brett Boone piss himself for nine innings straight.

RKMeibalane
04-16-2005, 05:16 PM
:troll

So on Friday of all games played ONLY Cleveland had a worse crowd

I'm tired of listening to Red Sox and Cubs fans bitch and moan about something that doesn't concern them. Unlike the drunken idiots who comprise most of your respective fanbases, Sox fans actually have things to do during the course of the week, even on Saturdays. It's April. School is still in session, and that means most people have activities of some sort that their children are participating in. Therefore, it isn't always possible to attend games.

Furthermore, the Seattle Mariners are a horse**** team. Most people I've talked to don't consider it worth their time and money to purchase game tickets for the sake of seeing one player. Ichiro Suzuki is the same regardless of whether you watch him on television or in person. He has also been in the league for five seasons now. Much of the hype surrounding him has died down. People still enjoy watching him, but he clearly isn't generating the same level of excitement as he did during 2001 and 2002.

One more thing: the Chicago White Sox are 8-3. What's more, they're doing without their best hitter. I don't give a **** what the attendance numbers look like as long as this team wins. This is baseball we're talking about. Not a frat party. Of course, that isn't something that Cubs or Red Sox fans understand.

HomeFish
04-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Attendance doesn't win games.

Rather, winning games brings attendance. Anyone remember mid-2004, before the Twins swept us July 26-29? Games were selling out.

If the Sox continue to win, and if the weather gets warm, this team will draw 30k a night. If not, they will draw 10-20k.

Fenway
04-16-2005, 05:23 PM
I'm tired of listening to Red Sox and Cubs fans bitch and moan about something that doesn't concern them. .

I have been to USCF twice this year and Fenway once so far ....

Must admit the Stadium annual report is an "interesting" read

http://www.isfauthority.com/assets/PDFs/ISFA_AR_2003.pdf

What I find interesting is that the White Sox don't offer what most teams do in season ticket plans ( weekends or nights only )

Lip Man 1
04-16-2005, 05:31 PM
For years PHG has been posting that the 'lack' of season tickets sold is the main problem for the Sox and he's right.

That's money in the bank regardless if fans show up or not.

As far as attendence issues, you can't change overnight what has taken 25 years to tear down. Attrition has taken its toll due to a number of PR disasters.

The only way to change things is in my opinion, new ownership (start with a clean slate) or a few highly successful seasons (i.e. not averaging 83 wins a season and a playoff spot more then once every ten years).
Lip

Fenway
04-16-2005, 05:36 PM
BINGO!

It's not a Sox Fan problem. It's a Sox problem. They've lost their fanbase!

Who's fault is that?

JR and his crew of merry men are the problem, everybody here knows that. But you think he cares? He is making money with the team. That the White Sox don't dominate in a division that has in Minnesota an owner who wanted to kill his team for profit, in Detroit another owner who only cares about the Stanley Cup, in Cleveland a franchise that has all but earased all the goodwill they got back in the 90's and Kansas City which may NEVER win again ( as long as Glass owns them )

I feel for you people. All I have to know is that JR is one of Selig's most trusted advisors. :o:

balke
04-16-2005, 05:48 PM
I don't even know how many there have been. So sorry if its been everywhere, I just made a thread when I got home cause I didn't see one about it.

Whitesox029
04-16-2005, 05:54 PM
I was at last night's game and the weather you term as "gorgeous" awfully resembled "cold." The temperature when the game starts is irrelevant. People look at forecasts, you know, and it isn't 60 anymore once the sun goes down.

JB98
04-16-2005, 06:45 PM
Let's be clear about one thing: I have never in my life gone to the game to see a player on an opposing team. I don't give a rat's rear end about Ichiro. I go to the Cell to see the Sox win.

This thread sucks. I'm just too lazy to get out the tag, and others have already done it for me.

rdivaldi
04-16-2005, 06:49 PM
A solid 26,000 fans showed up today, obviously winning (and some nice weather) makes attendance go up. Win and they will come, we all know that...

ewokpelts
04-16-2005, 07:29 PM
I have been to USCF twice this year and Fenway once so far ....

Must admit the Stadium annual report is an "interesting" read

http://www.isfauthority.com/assets/PDFs/ISFA_AR_2003.pdf

What I find interesting is that the White Sox don't offer what most teams do in season ticket plans ( weekends or nights only ) i have a weekend plan. and they also started selling 9/13 flex packs this year..attendance is picking up...
Gene

p.s. i gave out a ton of vouchers for teachers nights(75% off tix)....a lot of people had them as they were in the long walk up lines...
Gene

soxwon
04-16-2005, 08:15 PM
SPEAKING OF ICHURO, A LOT OF JAPANESE FANS WERE HERE, AS USUAL.

when he came up they got up and cheered, when iguchi came up

NOTHING!!!!

i asked a few of them why?

they said ICHIRO the best

Iguchi no good!!!!

i cant figure this, both were stars in japan!!!

chisoxmike
04-16-2005, 08:26 PM

NOTHING!!!!

Iguchi no good!!!!

heh, I sat behind 1st base today and every time Ichiro came up they all RAN down the aisle with their cameras to take photos, when Iguchi came up...nothing.

SpammySosa
04-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Its crazy that I buy tickets mid-afternoon and pick up some 7th row outfield seats without any effort. I recieved 4 tickets around noon, then at 5 another buddy of mine wanted to come to the game, so we got him another ticket... RIGHT NEXT TO US!!!

And if the only seats left when you went were UD nosebleeds,I am sure you would have been quite jovial about that.

I'll be there Sunday-Tuesday, Should've been there today, but woke up a little late.
Maybe last night 30,000 other fans were taking a nap and had the same problem as you did today.

SpammySosa
04-16-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm also upset with the area around the Cell. That whole area has a lot of potential to be a place to have a good time. 2 blocks of renovations, a good bar or restaurant and some billboards around the viaducts for the Sox and that place could be a beautiful fun place to go.

Yeah,let's make it more like Wrigleyville

GO Buehrle. Wish I could've made it today. :cool:
I am upset with you.A real Sox fan would have set an alarm clock so they didn't sleep too late and miss the game.

PAPChiSox729
04-16-2005, 11:09 PM
heh, I sat behind 1st base today and every time Ichiro came up they all RAN down the aisle with their cameras to take photos, when Iguchi came up...nothing.

Under the Radar goes international!

Gosox1917
04-17-2005, 12:05 AM
Why do you even care so much about the attendance? I love seeing a big crowd at all the games as much as the next Sox fan, but to me the Sox record is the most important. I'll continue to try to get to as many games as I can and enjoy myself, no matter how many people are there. GO WHITE SOX!

TheBull19
04-17-2005, 12:52 AM
I feel for you people.

You people!!!:angry: What do you mean YOU people! I'm sorry you didn't pass the Son of Sam Horn written entry exam, that doesn't mean you have to troll over here.

BRDSR
04-17-2005, 01:03 AM
I think the attendace will pick up when Big Frank gets back in line-up--I know a lot of us 50 to 60 miles away only get to go to 4 or 5 games a year and nobody really wants to go until Frank is back in groove..You have to remember---no Maggs,,no CLee,,no Jose,, no Frank,, they were big favorites that brought people in,,the replacements are not as big a names as they are..

I don't understand this. I'm personally a fan of the jersey, not the player in the jersey. Jermaine Dye is my new favorite right fielder and Scott Podsednik is my new favorite left fielder. I have favorite players. Paul Konerko and Mark Buerhle are my favorite but its no accident that they've both been starters on the team for 4-5 years now. As long as the White Sox are trotting out players for 81 games every year I'll be at the park. Doesn't matter who's in those uniforms.

balke
04-17-2005, 01:20 AM
I don't understand this. I'm personally a fan of the jersey, not the player in the jersey. Jermaine Dye is my new favorite right fielder and Scott Podsednik is my new favorite left fielder. I have favorite players. Paul Konerko and Mark Buerhle are my favorite but its no accident that they've both been starters on the team for 4-5 years now. As long as the White Sox are trotting out players for 81 games every year I'll be at the park. Doesn't matter who's in those uniforms.

That's what I'm talking about. Go Sox, there's a lot of names on that field.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-17-2005, 01:33 AM
I guess that excuse can be used for some of the more "common" breed of fans. I saw a bunch of Ordonez jerseys today even though he's no longer on the team. Personally, I'm more excited than usual to go to games because of all the new players. I was disappointed when I wasn't able to see Podsednik and Pierzynski today. I guess I'll have to wait until I can get out to the park again. :smile: Also...I love being able to walk up the day of the game and get lower deck seats. I hate buying in advance from Ticketmaster because of the $4 charge per ticket. I drive 90 miles to each game now, so I'm not going to a game unless I know the weather's going to be nice, which makes great walk up tickets available so convenient.

havelj
04-17-2005, 02:13 AM
:threadsucks

Epark84
04-17-2005, 03:17 AM

could be that one is hitting .400 and the other under .250. Ichiro is a much better player and was a much bigger star in japan

nasox
04-17-2005, 09:46 AM

NOTHING!!!!

Iguchi no good!!!!

Not all Asians speak in broken English, racist.

Dan H
04-17-2005, 09:54 AM
This so called issue is old and bogus. Complaining about it is not going to change it. And what has been the strategy of people who want to see more people at the ballpark? They insult the very people they want to attract to a Sox game in various ways including calling them fly by nights and bandwagon jumpers.

A perfect example of this was when the Sox came back from a 7-0 road trip against Cleveland and New York in June 2000. Fans mobbed Comiskey (as it was called back then). What did some fans do? They held up signs saying, "Where were you?" First you say you want people to come back, and then when they do, you get in their face. Make up your mind.

Other than this, I have nothing much else to say. Whenever I hear complaints about attendance, I tune it out. You want better attendance? Start trying to appeal to people's self-interests instead of browbeating them. You actually might get some results.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-17-2005, 10:00 AM
You want better attendance? Start trying to appeal to people's self-interests instead of browbeating them. You actually might get some results.

Thank you.

You ought to visit the Roadhouse. If you think the illogical crowd is bad in this thread, they're completely tearing up over there... they despise Sox Fans...

Of course this is WSI, so no worries.
:wink:

Fenway
04-17-2005, 03:46 PM
You people!!!:angry: What do you mean YOU people! I'm sorry you didn't pass the Son of Sam Horn written entry exam, that doesn't mean you have to troll over here.

Bad choice of words. What I meant to say is that it saddens me to see how the White Sox fanbase has eroded since 1981.

Look when you have inventory of seats to sell you have to be creative. Now posters here will argue that weekday games in April won't sell. Well if you KNOW you have 30,000 empty seats you can at least TRY to get people in to sample your product for a reduced rate.

The Yankees who will again draw over 3 Million this year have numerous days where 20,000 seats are only FIVE DOLLARS.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/nyy/ticketing/specials.jsp

Now look at the Yankees promotion list compared to the White Sox
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=nyy

Other things the team could and should do. Make the program into a monthly magazine that has feature articles. Publish it during the off-season to stay in contact with your fans. You can knock the Tribune all you want but one of the smartest things they did when they took over was VINELINE.

The first edition White Sox program was very weak IMHO and in many ways defeats the purpose of buying the yearbook. In any event the program should be produced inhouse, not by a company out on Long Island.

Maybe Gammons is right, that JR doesn't want to go over a certain attendance number that would trigger more rent.

Lip Man 1
04-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Fenway:

It is also a fact that during the mid/late 80's and early 90's, the New York Yankees couldn't draw flies with three day old garbage. The Mets owned the city.

Yankee Stadium was EMPTY and I have the video to prove it from Sox games during that time period. Uncle George was so pissed he openly talked about building a new stadium in New Jersey away from the 'bad neighborhood environment' (where have we heard that before?)

What's changed in the 15 years?

One thing and one thing only....Uncle George decide to win at all costs, win at any price and he brought home four of five World Championships. Suddenly the neighborhood didn't matter, the old stadium didn't matter and ticket prices didn't matter. Yankee fans had orgasms over the fact that they were 'World Champions...'

The exact same thing would happen in Chicago IF the White Sox would win something of substance. Ticket prices may be a small part of it, but as the late Bill Veeck said there's no substitute for winning. If the Sox suck, you can't give tickets away...end of story.

Lip

SoxFan78
04-18-2005, 10:25 AM
Not only did noone show up, but the scoreboard was behind me, and I heard four peoples say "Sweet, the Cubs are losing". I looked back to check out the Twins score. Its flat-out embarrasing that so many Sox fans would rather look at the Cubs score. My buddy was screaming to get Takatsu out of there, because this is the second time we've seen him blow open a 5-2 game in the ninth for the other team, and some guy turns around and calls him a Cubs fan. *****.

GO Buerle. Wish I could've made it today. :cool:

So let me get this straight. You are bitching about the attendance on Friday, but you cant make it to a 1:05 game on Saturday cause you couldnt get up on time??? Let me tell you this. Go to all 81 games, then start calling out people for not going.

ewokpelts
04-18-2005, 01:02 PM
you know how i fight low attendance? i find ways to get people to go to ball games....i've passed out many vouchers so far, I posted the friends and family discount offer, when i was selling my flub tickets from my 9/13 game plans, i made the buyers buy 3 other games(sold all at face, but the flub fan buyer still bought 4 games)...instead of whining, use your voice to get people in teh door...
Gene

Foulke You
04-18-2005, 03:46 PM
We had 26,000 on Saturday and 23,500 on Sunday. Those are great crowds for the Sox for April. I'm betting that there will be about 25,000-30,000 in the house for tonight's game too. The Sox tradionally don't draw that well in April and but they are beating the last few year's April attendance so far if my math is correct. I'm sure winning and good weather has helped. Does anyone have any doubts that there will be crowds of 35,000+ for the mid summer weekend games? I sure don't. In fact, I'm willing to bet this year's team will beat last year's attendance because this team is likely to stay in contention longer. BTW, I'm sick of hearing about attendance, it seems to have haunted discussion about our team since the strike and it is getting quite old. Let the Cub fans raise the "attendance championship flag" that they seem to be so proud of, I'd rather raise the flag that counts, THE AL PENNANT.

ewokpelts
04-18-2005, 04:42 PM
We had 26,000 on Saturday and 23,500 on Sunday. Those are great crowds for the Sox for April. I'm betting that there will be about 25,000-30,000 in the house for tonight's game too. The Sox tradionally don't draw that well in April and but they are beating the last few year's April attendance so far if my math is correct. I'm sure winning and good weather has helped. Does anyone have any doubts that there will be crowds of 35,000+ for the mid summer weekend games? I sure don't. In fact, I'm willing to bet this year's team will beat last year's attendance because this team is likely to stay in contention longer. BTW, I'm sick of hearing about attendance, it seems to have haunted discussion about our team since the strike and it is getting quite old. Let the Cub fans raise the "attendance championship flag" that they seem to be so proud of, I'd rather raise the flag that counts, THE AL PENNANT. amen...the 2003 marilns drew squat, yet they dont care, since they were world champs that year(and made more money in playoff ticket sales).
Gene

I want Mags back
04-18-2005, 05:03 PM

That would be awesome. I could walk to 2 blocks from my house, get on, and go straight to the park. That would be so cool

soxwon
04-18-2005, 11:34 PM
Not all Asians speak in broken English, racist.

hey im stating what the guy said!!!
i know they dont all speak like that, i work with a japanese guy who is very fluent in english.

you shouldnt call anyone racist.

chill out nasox enjoy the wins

itsnotrequired
04-19-2005, 12:55 AM
We had 26,000 on Saturday and 23,500 on Sunday. Those are great crowds for the Sox for April. I'm betting that there will be about 25,000-30,000 in the house for tonight's game too.

Good guess. 27k in attendence tonight.

pmck003
04-19-2005, 05:17 PM
I lived in minnesota for a long time, and not once have I had an argument about attendance figures with any twin fans. I would guess that this is an issue that only cub fans would bring up to try and get Sox fans mad.

Fenway
04-20-2005, 02:57 PM
There is no way to surgarcoat last night's attendance. You have the team with the best record in the AL playing their biggest rival and the weather was perfect.

It would seem that the White Sox have killed off day of game sales by the way the ticket windows are handled.

I was expecting close to 30,000 last night and I can tell you John Rooney was disgusted with the crowd. It shows the White Sox marketing approach is NOT working.

NSSoxFan
04-20-2005, 03:01 PM
There is no way to surgarcoat last night's attendance. You have the team with the best record in the AL playing their biggest rival and the weather was perfect.

It would seem that the White Sox have killed off day of game sales by the way the ticket windows are handled.

I was expecting close to 30,000 last night and I can tell you John Rooney was disgusted with the crowd. It shows the White Sox marketing approach is NOT working.

Yes, that must be it fenway. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

chaz171
04-20-2005, 03:06 PM
I still don't have enough Ice in my Maitai!!!

ewokpelts
04-20-2005, 03:11 PM

I was expecting close to 30,000 last night and I can tell you John Rooney was disgusted with the crowd. It shows the White Sox marketing approach is NOT working. there was the threat ot tstorms around game time....weather plays a BIG part of attendance.....(unless your a blow sawks fan/sheep)
Gene

cheeses_h_rice
04-20-2005, 03:28 PM
there was the threat ot tstorms around game time....weather plays a BIG part of attendance.....(unless your a blow sawks fan/sheep)
Gene

Stop excusing the lousy attendance last night. It sucked. Great weather, a key game against our hated rivals, etc. etc. etc.

kittle42
04-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Stop excusing the lousy attendance last night. It sucked. Great weather, a key game against our hated rivals, etc. etc. etc.

Attendance sucked. It'll be that way until we're in the thick of it later this summer.

Every season, same crap. What's the point of arguing it?

DaveIsHere
04-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Every season, same crap. What's the point of arguing it?

Exactly, POTW

When will people give this up:(: