PDA

View Full Version : Advantage: Diamondbacks

cheeses_h_rice
11-04-2001, 12:47 PM
Bear with me, gentlemen.

Yes, I know it's the Yankees we're talking about, but consider these points:

1. Roger Clemens takes the hill tonight for the Yankees. He is probably the most high-strung pitcher around, and he's only been getting tighter as the games get more important. Tonight is the first Game 7 of a World Series for the Yankees in 37 years, and he's facing one of his nemeses, Curt Schilling. Plus he will have to bat in a National League park. All that, plus the HUGE crowd advantage the Diamondbacks will have (that crowd last night was very, very loud at the start of the game), will get into Roger's head, I believe. I think he will snap.

2. The Diamondbacks KNOW that they have outplayed the Yankees in every game but one (Game 3). The series really should be 5-1 by now. They have the beauty of still having life after two of the most devastating postseason losses a team can have. As they showed last night, they're pumped up and angry. That will carry over to tonight.

3. The Yankees have never been pushed this hard in any one series, let alone any one postseason. They have had every lucky break go their way the entire series. I think it's time the odds started to even out a bit.

That said, I am fully prepared for Yet Another Goddamn Yankees Title, but I actually think the D-backs will do it.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-04-2001, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Bear with me, gentlemen.

Yes, I know it's the Yankees we're talking about, but consider these points:

1. Roger Clemens takes the hill tonight for the Yankees. He is probably the most high-strung pitcher around, and he's only been getting tighter as the games get more important. Tonight is the first Game 7 of a World Series for the Yankees in 37 years, and he's facing one of his nemeses, Curt Schilling. Plus he will have to bat in a National League park. All that, plus the HUGE crowd advantage the Diamondbacks will have (that crowd last night was very, very loud at the start of the game), will get into Roger's head, I believe. I think he will snap....

Remember him throwing the barrel of the bat at Mike Piazza during last year's World Series? How may 'roids do you think Clemens is popping right now?

Jerry_Manuel
11-04-2001, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
That said, I am fully prepared for Yet Another Goddamn Yankees Title, but I actually think the D-backs will do it.

Wouldn't you know it that Mariotti says the Yankees will win.

cheeses_h_rice
11-04-2001, 12:55 PM
:moron

When I get on a team's bandwagon, I have the same effect as anthrax. Start getting those Diamondbacks' rings sized!

LongDistanceFan
11-04-2001, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Wouldn't you know it that Mariotti says the Yankees will win. damn, i hate agreeing with that idiot. but, i will take roger, he been there. but i would love to see curt pitch a great game and beat the yanks.