PDA

View Full Version : Yankees at 4-6; Sky Falling at ESPN Headquarters

RKMeibalane
04-15-2005, 11:21 PM
Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=250415101)

Viva Medias B's
04-15-2005, 11:25 PM
I wonder how long it will take before the Boss puts a noose around Torre's neck.

SOXintheBURGH
04-15-2005, 11:35 PM
I wonder how long it will take before the Boss puts a noose around Torre's neck.

I wonder how long it will take til we trade 2-0 Jon Garland for 0-2 Carl Pavano?

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-15-2005, 11:37 PM
The worst thing in all of this is the way Randy Johnson has performed in his past 2 starts, he has absolutely killed my fantasy team's ERA.

Banix12
04-16-2005, 12:04 AM
I don't think anybody is gettin ready to jump off a bridge yet in New York, this seems to be a trend the last couple years. The Yankees just seem to struggle in april. I certainly hope this month is part of a larger losing trend, but if the last couple years are any indicator, they'll start to put it together in May.

HomeFish
04-16-2005, 12:13 AM
By October, they'll have the best record in the AL. They did this last year too.

SOXintheBURGH
04-16-2005, 12:19 AM
I don't think anybody is gettin ready to jump off a bridge yet in New York, this seems to be a trend the last couple years. The Yankees just seem to struggle in april. I certainly hope this month is part of a larger losing trend, but if the last couple years are any indicator, they'll start to put it together in May.

Seriously.. does anybody really think the Yankees are going to win less than 90 games?

DaleJRFan
04-16-2005, 12:40 AM
So much for eastcoast dominance:

Sosa's home run was the 576th of his career and second this season, the first at Camden Yards since he joined the Orioles as a free agent in February. He has now homered in 42 ballparks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=250415101

ESPN sucks.

Banix12
04-16-2005, 12:44 AM
Seriously.. does anybody really think the Yankees are going to win less than 90 games?

In that division, no. Though I did wish upon a star that it would happen and they would lose a ton of games. A few seconds later Jiminey Cricket showed up in a yankees jersey and told me to get bent.

ma_deuce
04-16-2005, 06:57 AM
The worst thing in all of this is the way Randy Johnson has performed in his past 2 starts, he has absolutely killed my fantasy team's ERA.

Now you know how that bird felt. :redneck

http://www.tommcmahon.net/images/rjohnsonbird.jpg

DumpJerry
04-16-2005, 12:24 PM
ESPN sucks.
For proof. look up the standings on their site today before the Sox or Minnesota games are completed. Both teams are 7-3 overall, but 6-3 in their last ten games.

New math.:D:

dcb33
04-16-2005, 12:30 PM
So much for eastcoast dominance:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=250415101

ESPN sucks.

Sosa's home run was the 576th of his career and second this season, the first at Camden Yards since he joined the Orioles as a free agent in February. He has now homered in 42 ballparks.

:?:
It must not be too hard to become an AP sportswriter...

Paulwny
04-16-2005, 03:24 PM

Cold weather in April, bunch of older players= tight muscles, slow start, but I hope it continues.

nasox
04-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Good. The universe is balancing out.

SOXSINCE'70
04-16-2005, 04:30 PM
Cold weather in April, bunch of older players= tight muscles, slow start, but I hope it continues.

Wouldn't it be great if the SI Cover curse struck the Blow Sawx
and Yankmees and they both missed the playoffs this year??:roflmao: :roflmao:

(For the record,Derek 'Jeet-ah' and Johnny Damon were on the
cover of SI's baseball preview issue).

Hey,SI,where's that third place finish for the Sox?? The pitching
staff so far doesn't think this is a third place team:dunno: :dunno:

HomeFish
04-16-2005, 04:32 PM
[color=teal]Hey,SI,where's that third place finish for the Sox??:dunno: :dunno:

It's not October yet.

RKMeibalane
04-16-2005, 04:33 PM
It's not October yet.

Once again...

http://www.holderer.com/images/neatopics/bwstormclouds.jpg

HomeFish
04-16-2005, 04:35 PM
I'm not saying the Sox will finish third, I'm just saying that we can't attack somebody's predictions this early into the seasons.

The Brewers are in first place, the Yankees have a losing record, etc. None of this will last. Who knows if the Sox being in first will either?

Baby Fisk
04-17-2005, 11:33 AM
I'm not saying the Sox will finish third, I'm just saying that we can't attack somebody's predictions this early into the seasons.

The Brewers are in first place, the Yankees have a losing record, etc. None of this will last. Who knows if the Sox being in first will either?

You are so right. Optimism sucks. I'm gonna go lie down on the freeway because the odds have it that I'm bound to be killed by a truck one of these days...

What's it like being a shut in?